I'm sick of bots!

2»

Comments

• Dixce - Dreamweaver
    Dixce - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    leptooners wrote: »
    I've been playing PWI for like a week and I've already run into at least five obvious bots whilst lvling. I even PMed a couple of them and got no response. One of them logged off the second I PMed him. Are bots a real big problem in this game or what?

yes lots of bots and other violation of TOS.

You will see a team of 6 killing stuff and or 3 - 20 catshops that's all control by the same person.

What do they have to lose? nothing, they get like 3 warning and then maybe 1 day ban and then 3 days, week ban and they stop before ban gets to much, that is if a GM catch them.
  • unscathed1
    unscathed1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I was grinding a quest mob once using an in game macro as I was also eating, got PK'd whilst taking a bite by someone who thought I was a bot b:chuckle when I PM'd him saying something like 'aw no fair I has a samich in my hands' he came back and gave me a doll b:laugh
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Now I'm curious because I know a few people that do this; Is there any problem with setting your pet to defend and allowing it to kill mobs while you just AFK?
  • TrueMax - Sanctuary
    TrueMax - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Now I'm curious because I know a few people that do this; Is there any problem with setting your pet to defend and allowing it to kill mobs while you just AFK?

There is a thread somewhere, cant find it at the moment, but it was said that yes that was agaisnt the tos and yes u can get banned, since MQ came in u can see that easily at tomb of shining tide. just go check it sometime, all venos there, lvling from ? mobs, before that it was room 4 in cube. im sure it takes forever to lvl a pet anyways or whatever they are doing, ie item grinding or what not.