New Players poor everyone else Mega Rich?

Options
Telery - Raging Tide
Telery - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Im a new player level 24atm and I see stuff selling in Global for 22 mil & a whole bunch of stuff for millions and millions. I have 260k & I grab everything that is dropped from my kills and gather all coins left lying on the ground till my inv is full and then fly back and sell to merchants. Its like I spend half my time flying back and forth selling stuff bc of small inv. So am I or new players just left in the DUST of the Veterans riches? I dont see how I will ever get any real ingame coins at this pace. Then I here about armor repairs that get just out of control later ingame.

So i guess what amI asking is am I fighting a lossing battle? I want or wanted to be able to craft atm I can blacksmith and the one that starts with an A...that can craft charms but then Im filling up my inv with all the nodes needed to craft items which btw are really usefull...some of them are. Can I do both and maybe save enough coin to be able to buy items for millions and millions and or atleast to be able to find those items to be able to sell them for millions.

Thanks please keep the flames down to a few please.b:victory
Post edited by Telery - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    u wont make money with crafting items, u will only spend money to lvl crafting up.
    and people make money at higher levels. at low lvl your only chance to make money is farm crafting mats and sell them or get lucky and get molds in dungeons(ur fb or bh runs). some of molds can be sold for 1mil+ depending on server. low level items are cheap so i don't know why at ur lvl u need 22mil worth endgame stuff o.o

if you want more money:
    sell crafting mats, herbs
    sell dqs in catshop over night or put them in AH
    help with BH runs with random drops and hope u get smth
    merchant
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    most of the stuff you see selling for 10s of millions of coins are for high end high level things, if you are just starting out and want to end up as a high end high level player to take part in tw or PK, its going to take a pretty sizable money investment, or an avid farmer or merchant. archers are pretty much outdated as farming characters.

if you are just playing to have fun and dont really care about PvP, just looking for a time wasting distraction, prices are actually a lot lower than they used to be for all the farmable items under lvl 100. of course, its human nature to want to get to the top of the heap, and that this point its pretty much an impossible climb unless you want to spend money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xinaeco - Harshlands
    Xinaeco - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Hi, I hope you like the game regardless of the dying economy. :3 Think of it as the US economy if you live there. >.> Everything is hella expensive because of the gas (gold in game terms) prices atm. Anyway, at low levels it's really hard to make money, I won't lie. The only way to make it easier is to charge gold but you don't "need" to do that. The reason why most high level players are rich is 1. Bounty Hunter/Nirvana/Twilight Temple/Selling FrostCovered City experience room (you might see these on world chat, they normally call them "heads") or 2. Charging gold. Currently, on HL, charging 10 gold gets me around 20mil, so 22mil isn't that high of a price you'd think it is, if you choose to charge, but remember, you don't NEED to.

You can try to farm for hay that drops from the rhinodrakes outside of west arch and sell it to other players for about 5-10k depending. Check the Auction House and catshops in West Arch to see the prices and decide on a good price for that. Since it's 2x, if you want some easy cash you might want to do it now before you get too high level to where it won't drop anymore.
    Other than that, PWI basically took out a lot of options for free to play players, so you're stuck grinding Dragon Quest items and selling them to NPC's for awhile until you can do Twilight Temple.

Have fun :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NiightmareXz; lv 92 demon archer (retired)
    xinaeco; lv 9x sage veno (retired currently)
    lil nab secret cleric (main)
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    when you get to lvl 100+ its wasy to make millions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    when you get to lvl 100+ its wasy to make millions
    This ^^
    By the time you want that gear you see being advertised, as most of it would be end-game gear, you'll be into making coin pretty easily.
    Its really not hard to make millions of coin once you get to this level, and even beforehand if you look into merchanting.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Its easier to make lots of money in high levels, because you don't NEED a lot of money at your levels. Just like adults make far more money than kids, because kids only get a few dollars of allowance if their parents even give them that for doing small chores. But their expenses are also pretty small. 240k is actually quite a bit of money for level 20, should be enough to have all your skills. Just wear whatever armor you get from quest rewards/that you find until level 50 or so. You'll make more money at later levels. And to be honest, that's the way it works in the real word too. Because someone who has been working for 30 years probably has gotten raises, proved themselves, etc while an entry level employee is generally paid less unless they manage to get jobs that aren't typically for entry level employees. In shot, people who have been playing have earned more money than you because they've done more than you. So basically, don't worry it's perfect normal. You can farm those mats and sell them in a catshop for quite a bit of extra money. You can also sell the dq items you get for either twice the amount you get. A few hours grinding on antelopes can get you easily a 100k an hour or so since its 2x drops right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    u wont make money with crafting items, u will only spend money to lvl crafting up.
    and people make money at higher levels. at low lvl your only chance to make money is farm crafting mats and sell them or get lucky and get molds in dungeons(ur fb or bh runs). some of molds can be sold for 1mil+ depending on server. low level items are cheap so i don't know why at ur lvl u need 22mil worth endgame stuff o.o

if you want more money:
    sell crafting mats, herbs
    sell dqs in catshop over night or put them in AH
    help with BH runs with random drops and hope u get smth
    merchant

Hell yeah just do some research as you lvl look at the catshops in arch or wherever on your server and see what crafting mats they are buying for the most. Go to a site like pwidatabase and see what enemies have the best drop rate for those mats. Like my sin I been farming compound oils they sell for 20k each on my server to catshops it's some nice change specially with all the other stuff you get from the enemies like dq items and armor drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Its easier to make lots of money in high levels, because you don't NEED a lot of money at your levels. Just like adults make far more money than kids, because kids only get a few dollars of allowance if their parents even give them that for doing small chores. But their expenses are also pretty small. 240k is actually quite a bit of money for level 20, should be enough to have all your skills. Just wear whatever armor you get from quest rewards/that you find until level 50 or so. You'll make more money at later levels. And to be honest, that's the way it works in the real word too. Because someone who has been working for 30 years probably has gotten raises, proved themselves, etc while an entry level employee is generally paid less unless they manage to get jobs that aren't typically for entry level employees. In shot, people who have been playing have earned more money than you because they've done more than you. So basically, don't worry it's perfect normal. You can farm those mats and sell them in a catshop for quite a bit of extra money. You can also sell the dq items you get for either twice the amount you get. A few hours grinding on antelopes can get you easily a 100k an hour or so since its 2x drops right now.
    +1 nicely worded lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Im a new player level 24atm and I see stuff selling in Global for 22 mil & a whole bunch of stuff for millions and millions. I have 260k & I grab everything that is dropped from my kills and gather all coins left lying on the ground till my inv is full and then fly back and sell to merchants. Its like I spend half my time flying back and forth selling stuff bc of small inv. So am I or new players just left in the DUST of the Veterans riches? I dont see how I will ever get any real ingame coins at this pace. Then I here about armor repairs that get just out of control later ingame.

So i guess what amI asking is am I fighting a lossing battle? I want or wanted to be able to craft atm I can blacksmith and the one that starts with an A...that can craft charms but then Im filling up my inv with all the nodes needed to craft items which btw are really usefull...some of them are. Can I do both and maybe save enough coin to be able to buy items for millions and millions and or atleast to be able to find those items to be able to sell them for millions.

Thanks please keep the flames down to a few please.b:victory

Almost every legitimate way to earn coin in-game at low and mid-levels has been removed in the last 3 years. You're left with merchanting and being clever. Good luck.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Almost every legitimate way to earn coin in-game at low and mid-levels has been removed in the last 3 years. You're left with merchanting and being clever. Good luck.

Wait, hold the phone. They removed DQ grinding and mats from the game? They removed cube of fate from the game? They removed all the TT mats from TT? They removed molds from BHS? Oh wait, they didn't. There are plenty of ways, it's not like you need millions upon millions at that level. This isn't end game we're talking about, you don't need a lot of to be adequately equipped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • X_Rays - Harshlands
    X_Rays - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    One other thing that's important about this game is teamwork. Many instances in this game cannot be done by 1 person alone (not counting the uber geared players). Having someone to play with is vital. If you are a barb or BM, it's better to find a cleric friend who can help you with TT. Even if you're f2p, it's higly possible to farm yourself a set of TT armors. Many times the process of obtaining something is more fun than actually obtaining it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Don't fly. Teleport instead. Save yourself time and enjoy the game more.

You can make more coin later via farming instances, or you can try your hand at merchanting now: http://pwinsider.wordpress.com/2011/03/06/warrenwolfys-guide-to-merchanting-part-0/
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Wait, hold the phone. They removed DQ grinding and mats from the game? They removed cube of fate from the game? They removed all the TT mats from TT? They removed molds from BHS? Oh wait, they didn't. There are plenty of ways, it's not like you need millions upon millions at that level. This isn't end game we're talking about, you don't need a lot of to be adequately equipped.

I think OP is more worried about how much costs are going to rise as they get higher level and approach end-game. No offense, but Cube of Fate isn't really an option if you are poor, since you have to shell out coin for a *chance* to turn a a profit. TT mats are no longer an option either, as only the high-end TT mats sell decent anymore, and those are dropped from bosses that require a squad unless you are a pure mag -channelling veno with a herc, or have 5aps, both of which require a large investment of money to start(Or for the veno, get lucky with those Chests) The majority of molds don't sell, so that isn't exactly a way to farm, and again, need either a squad or be high enough and geared enough to solo the bosses.
    Face it, there are very little ways to make coin in this game anymore; Mirages have been completely removed from solo TT, DQ Prices have been nerfed, and they aren't very efficient at turning a profit unless you have many, many hours to burn sitting at a computer grinding on mobs for DQ. Not to mention.
    So in theory, I would agree with you that there are plenty of ways to make money. But in practice, nearly all methods of decent coin-making have been nerfed or outright removed, and combined with the constant addition of coin sinks and economy-shifting sales, the only real way to make coin anymore, IMO, is to merchant, which unfortunately requires you to already either have the capitol or the goods to start, as well as be able to leave a catshop open for days on end. Which, if you can afford the rise in your electric bill due to 24/7 catshopping, then your money would likely be more efficiently spent simplt purchasing gold and selling it. Also, merchanting takes a bit of understanding how the market works, and also is extremely risky withe the constantly shifting economy due to the unpredictable sales. I once had my own merchanting method that worked, but since the Genesis expansion, that method seems to have lost its luster. Of course, I don't really like the idea of having to merchant to avoid cash-shopping; if I want to play a virtual stock market, I'd actually find and play a virtual stock market, not an MMORPG.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

Thanks please keep the flames down to a few please
    .b:victory

To be honest. You have a pretty good amount of coin. The 20 million coin pieces are expensive, even for me. For right now, I'd suggest selling anything that find, merchanting some things, and just doing your best. (If you're lucky you will get molds or 3 star gear that you can either sell or wear from running fb's and bh's. Later on you will be able to run TT (Twilight Temple), and be able to sell some items from there. That plus farming, especially during the 2x period will net you a fairly good amount of coin. Also, as someone else pointed out, fly when you can as a pose to teleporting. It does save on the coin. Later on your bh100's will give you a nice amount of coin if you're lucky. Also, if you can run nirvana, you'll get a nice amount of coin. Selling nirvana keys will help too. Delta runs help also. This is endgame type runs though, level 100+ runs, but once you get there, getting coin gets A LOT easier.

Don't let that stress you for now. Just keep doing what you're doing. The amount of coins that you have now is nice for your level.

Also, if you have a veno alt, then capture and sell pet eggs. You may end up with a small fortune. Its not the best, but its better than nothing. Lol. After you make the coin with your veno, just mail it to your archer...or just give the archer the coin in a trade if you are doing a duel account.

Hope that this helps some. Take care and good luck.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Make sure you do your quests, some have coin rewards or armor/equipment rewards you can npc for good cash. At the early levels quests are a great way to gear yourself, as well. I know it's hard but try to keep things up to date and plan ahead. There are cheaper alternatives to many of the expensive things you might want and some of the cheaper things are superior. The costs does not mean it's more effective. Compare gear and make decisions based on that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    PWE Is extremely greedy, the economy in game is chaotic that's everything is so expensive, Ancient arbor could be bought for 500k now it's 3 Millions. Just packs packs packs packs packs packs packs packs packs packs packs packs packs packs packs packs packs packs packs packs packs packs packs!!!!
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I was like you when i started. I went around collecting mats while questing, used them to make my gear. Looked at the mats for the next lvl and picked up quests where monsters dropped the mats i needed. It all worked out. I didn't "power lvl" until 85. Up to that point it was quests, bh, helping friends.

Repair bills of 5k were huge for me, now i range 20k~80k. Usually in that amount of work, i have made enough money to cover my repair costs.

If you truly want the best gear around without paying real money, merchanting is key. I didn't worry about merchanting until lvl 65. Before lvl 90~100 i always had my own crafted gear from the npc to wear. I couldn't even afford molds. If you truly enjoy this game, don't give up, the game became more and more addictive as i reached closer to 100. There are still lots of new things i want to try out now.

What i did was i kept all my drops, i used to to dq quests, but i stopped those but kept the mats. To solve the space issue, i resorted to multiclienting. I created another account, different email, username, password. Had that other user spawn in the same starter city so i wouldn't have to travel. I traded all my items to that character. Once that one was filled, i would create another on and fill that up. Every 1~3 weeks i would clear them out and give the money to my main or the dq items to my main. I sell my dq items to NPC to get dq points that i use. By 65 i had saved about 2~3 million in coins.

The cube is expensive to run in the start because you have to pay 100k~200k to pass a room at times. But if you resist the urge to open those boxes and sell them outside the cube at a higher price, you can start making more money quickly. You don't have to finish the cube. I only finished the cube twice before lvl 95, but i did it lots of times every day to get items i wanted to sell outside.

As you progress, you will find tt gear is free at lower lvls with a good faction. It starts at lvl 60~70. Divine quests are also good to do, so you can get free weapons.

In other words, explore the game, there are options that will suit you that will let you make money, have fun and not pay. Might require some dedication, but that is your choice.
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    2. Charging gold. Currently, on HL, charging 10 gold gets me around 20mil,

Holy ****, and I thought LC Gold prices were highb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

/facepalm

Lets see... removed bikinis from DT. Devalued minable mats because of tokens, devalued wines. TT mats? Most of them are NPCable and the ones that aren't are relatively worthless. Grinding for DQ? lol. DQ was good for income when gold was at 100-200k. Now with gold over 1.5m, you're freaking crazy or from a third world country where you don't mind making pennies an hour.

Molds? You're a freaking idiot. When is the last time a mold was actually worth something? Pre-BH, that's when. *looks at your join date* Ah, no wonder you're so ignorant.

Seriously... I can't believe how stupid some people have become...

b:bye

EDIT: Just to clarify how well your intelligence is working for you, I used to be able to sell TC cape for over $100 worth of coin, Aqua Helm for over $60 worth of coin and FB99 cape for about $200 worth of coin. How much can you sell them for now? Would you say that they've been devalued or not?

BH ruined the prices of molds, most of them are more hassle to sell than their NPC value.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

DQ grinding can get you coin. If I need emergency money, I can grind it on just about any character I have. But... It takes more time than it's worth, you get very little return for what you do (especially with 2x off), and (at level 24), there's NOTHING useful in the Rewards shop anyway.

You aren't gonna be doing Cube at level 24, nor is cube really a way to make money. I've lost probably 10X the amount of coins I've made from doing Cube, and more or less refuse to go in that damned place anymore, even to get to Archo. >_> Combine it with broken rooms (there are a few rooms that now are 99.9% impossible to pass), and the ridiculous costs, and really, where's the worth in doing it anymore? It's also PK enabled through almost the entire second half, which is a big turn-off to some people.

TT mats are awesome right now, but only from 2x. Before 2x, for several weeks, it was close to impossible to even FIND some TT90 mats anywhere for sale, over priced or not. If you aren't in a faction that is willing to farm 2-2 through 3-2 with you, you're pretty much ****ed for TT in the high levels anyway.

Molds were epic in 2008. They were awesome in 2009. They were cool in 2010. The were meh in 2011. They're gonna be ho-hum in 2012. Prices for molds have been dropping, partly from people farming them, partly from EVERYONE powerleveling to 100+ and not needing, wanting, or caring about the vast majority of them anymore. Some molds that used to be 3-5 mil in 2009 are 300-500k now, and there's a ton of them in AH. Wind and Clouds mold? 10k in AH. Probably can't even sell it at that price QQ

The first time you play a character, you shouldn't be required to cash shop, farm extravagant amounts of coin for low/mid level gear, or anything like that. It really should be about learning your character and figuring out your stat points, your gear, and where you fit in in a squad. The huge wads of cash, hookers and blow come later. b:avoid
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Jin_Wang - Lost City
    Jin_Wang - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It depends on the situation... Being level 100 won't make you money unless you gear up... That will cost more than around, 30+ million for skills, 100+ million for gear (unless you try a cheaper alternative), higher repairs, etc. You CAN make money at your current level now, from the crafting mats (sell to players) and the dragon quest items (players for 20-31 or more, and 41+ for NPC if you want dragon points). You can just make millions just by using some dollars right now, that don't require what level you can be (majority of people buy gold from real money anyway). Right now in HeavensTear server, I made 3 million off of leather (crafting material alone which can be gained by level 38-57 mobs. People demand on leather and rough fur, but reinforced leather (level 58-77) and higher grade is less on demand.

Do selective grinding or just buy gold for now, at level 40+ you can do TT or events.

Edit: Right now there is 2x drops event, best to take advantage of it now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2011
    Options
    DQ grinding can get you coin. If I need emergency money, I can grind it on just about any character I have. But... It takes more time than it's worth, you get very little return for what you do (especially with 2x off), and (at level 24), there's NOTHING useful in the Rewards shop anyway.

Eh, at level 24 it's not like you need to be decked out in molds and the newest equipment. Turning them in while questing is a great way to make coin at that level.
    You aren't gonna be doing Cube at level 24, nor is cube really a way to make money. I've lost probably 10X the amount of coins I've made from doing Cube, and more or less refuse to go in that damned place anymore, even to get to Archo. >_> Combine it with broken rooms (there are a few rooms that now are 99.9% impossible to pass), and the ridiculous costs, and really, where's the worth in doing it anymore? It's also PK enabled through almost the entire second half, which is a big turn-off to some people.

Don't open the boxes....and clearly i meant mid levels too.
    TT mats are awesome right now, but only from 2x. Before 2x, for several weeks, it was close to impossible to even FIND some TT90 mats anywhere for sale, over priced or not. If you aren't in a faction that is willing to farm 2-2 through 3-2 with you, you're pretty much ****ed for TT in the high levels anyway.

2-2 and 3-2 are for high levels, if you get a good squad TT 1-3 is a good way to make money for your level. It's not gonna make you rich, but it should be more than enough to pay for all your needs nad have coin to spare/buy cheapish fashion/mounts/vanity items with.

Molds were epic in 2008. They were awesome in 2009. They were cool in 2010. The were meh in 2011. They're gonna be ho-hum in 2012. Prices for molds have been dropping, partly from people farming them, partly from EVERYONE powerleveling to 100+ and not needing, wanting, or caring about the vast majority of them anymore. Some molds that used to be 3-5 mil in 2009 are 300-500k now, and there's a ton of them in AH. Wind and Clouds mold? 10k in AH. Probably can't even sell it at that price QQ

Most of em are 1 million or so on the dreamweaver server, except for the truly sucky ones like wind and clouds and thunderking seal.
    The first time you play a character, you shouldn't be required to cash shop, farm extravagant amounts of coin for low/mid level gear, or anything like that. It really should be about learning your character and figuring out your stat points, your gear, and where you fit in in a squad. The huge wads of cash, hookers and blow come later. b:avoid

Which is why all of the aforementioned methods are good ways to make money at that level and why they haven't been removed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Eh, at level 24 it's not like you need to be decked out in molds and the newest equipment. Turning them in while questing is a great way to make coin at that level.

2-2 and 3-2 are for high levels, if you get a good squad TT 1-3 is a good way to make money for your level. It's not gonna make you rich, but it should be more than enough to pay for all your needs nad have coin to spare/buy cheapish fashion/mounts/vanity items with.

Most of em are 1 million or so on the dreamweaver server, except for the truly sucky ones like wind and clouds and thunderking seal.

Which is why all of the aforementioned methods are good ways to make money at that level and why they haven't been removed.

Wow, I haven't see a mold worth over 750k in a long, long time. Maybe some of the molds that require level 7 crafting skill, like the Level 96/97 gear... And those are like 1m. Cudgel of Ancient Alloy, there were like 7 in AH, 6 were 750k and one was 40k. I've seen that one for 40k in there for like 3 weeks now.

Lower level TT mats, like 1-1 through 2-1, you can't sell those for a profit. I soloed TT1-3 squad mode on my Sin, and the mats I got didn't even cover the subs I used to open, much less the HP food, paying for buffs, or the time I spent in there doing almost nothing >_>

Even without opening the boxes in Cube, I've come out millions down in a day, and didn't even make it to room 50.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Wow, I haven't see a mold worth over 750k in a long, long time. Maybe some of the molds that require level 7 crafting skill, like the Level 96/97 gear... And those are like 1m. Cudgel of Ancient Alloy, there were like 7 in AH, 6 were 750k and one was 40k. I've seen that one for 40k in there for like 3 weeks now.

Lower level TT mats, like 1-1 through 2-1, you can't sell those for a profit. I soloed TT1-3 squad mode on my Sin, and the mats I got didn't even cover the subs I used to open, much less the HP food, paying for buffs, or the time I spent in there doing almost nothing >_>

Even without opening the boxes in Cube, I've come out millions down in a day, and didn't even make it to room 50.

Surprising, just checked the ah and nature's breath is like 1.5 mil. Necklace of the Legion is 1 mil. Mystical realm pendant is 500k. Demon's Heart Ring is 600k. Proud plate of Corsair is 1 mil. Helmet of pirate is also 1 mil. Cape of Taurun Chieftain is 2.7mil. Pants of Dragon Scale 900k. These are all low-mid level stuff. The higher level stuff is all dirt cheap now because of the obsession with nirvana, but for mid levels thats not bad chunks of change.

As for cube, I really have no idea how you're losing so much. I usually make money in it...not a lot but like I said I did make a lot for that level.

As for TT mats do multi runs and sell them in bundles. I admit its not the best way to make money, but its still a way to make money especially during 2x. I mean the costs of subs is about the same as just one chientiens edge, the rest of the mats are admittedly small but still worth it money in the bank. You're not gonna make the millions you used to, but like I said it should be more than enough to cover your costs. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Demaulicus - Heavens Tear
    Demaulicus - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Best way to get coins without all the extra hassle is to grind and quest. Take the longer route to 100 then you will eventually come out with a good amount of items that give you a good chunk of change. Most people today take the easy and fast way to 100 which causes them to be broke. It's all about how you progress through leveling that makes the difference. Also, You have a chance to get 1 mil cards or 5 mil cards that you can NPC which come from BH100+.

I remember I spent all my time grinding and leveling to get a higher level. This allowed me to get the TT80 gold armor when it was OP. This was around the time people were just hitting level 90 on Heaven's Tear. Work on making coins and making as minimum upgrades/changes to your gear throughout leveling. The less money you spend doing this the more you will save overall. Not saying to use TT60 bow at level 90 but try to stage your weapon and armor by 20 levels if possible unless you farm every item and can get the upgrades for free. Another thing is you don't need anything above +4 on refines with gear til level 90ish. Shards you can get away with no higher than flawless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    Tekril - Dreamweaver Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    /facepalm

Lets see... removed bikinis from DT. Devalued minable mats because of tokens, devalued wines. TT mats? Most of them are NPCable and the ones that aren't are relatively worthless. Grinding for DQ? lol. DQ was good for income when gold was at 100-200k. Now with gold over 1.5m, you're freaking crazy or from a third world country where you don't mind making pennies an hour.

Molds? You're a freaking idiot. When is the last time a mold was actually worth something? Pre-BH, that's when.
    Your opinion on what's good farming and bad farming is irrelevant. The fact is, those methods aren't REMOVED totally, which was the point Venus was trying to make.
    *looks at your join date* Ah, no wonder you're so ignorant.

Personal attacks are a sign that one don't have a good argument to hold. And by the look of your argument, I'd say that's true. b:bye
  • Jin_Wang - Lost City
    Jin_Wang - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    /facepalm

Molds? You're a freaking idiot. When is the last time a mold was actually worth something? Pre-BH, that's when. *looks at your join date* Ah, no wonder you're so ignorant.

EDIT: Just to clarify how well your intelligence is working for you, I used to be able to sell TC cape for over $100 worth of coin, Aqua Helm for over $60 worth of coin and FB99 cape for about $200 worth of coin. How much can you sell them for now? Would you say that they've been devalued or not?

BH ruined the prices of molds, most of them are more hassle to sell than their NPC value.

Most things are devalued except for crafting materials... which maybe low, but they drop pretty much fast. Cotton threads for like 3.2k each... and those drop like ... 75% of the kills you make and those monsters are like 3-4 shots for level 8-16....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2011
    Options
    /facepalm

EDIT: Just to clarify how well your intelligence is working for you, I used to be able to sell TC cape for over $100 worth of coin, Aqua Helm for over $60 worth of coin and FB99 cape for about $200 worth of coin. How much can you sell them for now? Would you say that they've been devalued or not? Wines haven't been removed you say? You can still make wine for cheap you say? Oh and now they require far less hours worked.

Lets see, what 20 million coin mold do you need at level 20? Oh right, there is none!

Let's see what level 20 player is doing DT for money? Oh right you're not even allowed in until level 60. And even then level 60 isn't going to get through it with all the high level players PKing in there. I don't know if that has changed, but I know was PK enabled when I went. But I'm sure everyone was super polite, didn't kill anyone, and let it be a really easy way to earn money for level 60 back in the day right? Right? NO? Okay then, whatever.

Did you say that wines cost less money to make now because there isn't even any opportunity costs! So you don't have to waste hours farming mats to make a decent amount of wine to sell? You don't even have to be at the computer? Oh, yeah I can see how thats soo terrible. Also when were wines completely removed? I thought I wined my bh run the other day. b:question Oh right, I did do that!

You need items that require gold at low levels? Oh okay, I see. That makes everything different. Oh wait, you don't? Oh, I guess the easy 100k for an hour isn't enough to buy level 20 skills. Wait? It is? And you can get bonus points to use on things like buff potions? Who knew.

And back when gold was so cheap that a Helm of Aqua Visciouness cost 60 gold, thats because it was high level gear. The definition of high-level gear has changed and that item has naturally depreciated it in value. It's not as good as it use to be so it isn't worth squat. And actually paying 20 dollars for warsoul hat as opposed to 60 dollars for a helm of aqua viciousness=better value for your money. But I can totally see how a far more powerful item being able to be purchased at far less money=pay to win low levels. Oh wait, I totally can't see that at all! Fact of the matter is that some items are far easier to obtain now. Which is why you can't price gauge a helm of aqua viciousness at 60 gold worth. And actually assuming gold was 100k back then, 60 gold would have been about 6 million coins. Assuming that you could make 200k an hour that would be 30 hours of grinding to buy it. Now making just 100k an hour, and assuming the helm costs 1.5mil (last price I saw on DW) thats only 15 hours of grinding. So it's actually easier. You'd have to no life it to get that in a week just grinding back when gold was 100k, but thats just a little over couple of hours a day now. It's actually easier to get.

Face it you don't need gold, you don't need tens of millions of coins. All of those ways are good ones to make good money for your level. The fact its not enough for you is your problem, not perfect worlds. This game isn't pay-to-win until high levels, unless you're more concerned with epeen envy than reality.

Your opinion on what's good farming and bad farming is irrelevant. The fact is, those methods aren't REMOVED totally, which was the point Venus was trying to make.

Personal attacks are a sign that one don't have a good argument to hold. And by the look of your argument, I'd say that's true. b:bye

^^^
    That too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

Exactly, we are talking about low level now.And about a player that sees insae prices in world chat for people 3 times that lvl and more.You can easily wear blue/purple equips till lvl 50-60.

[Cube of fate CAN be started at lvl 40, but I woudn't suggest it, but if by mid-level u meant lvl 55-60, yeah depending on class, although far from best source of income, it can be one..If lucky..

TT is still far on that person's mind. Although I will point out that at that level, starting to make friends/join a helpful faction, will help a lot for later on to actually run those TT's for the extra coins

I agree with that, some mold are still worth good money. Those who say opposite have become spoiled by the economy. Just take Wheel of Fate that can drop from Trioc in bh39, still has value on my server. And since it's 2x, can get lucky even in bh29 and find some good stuff ot a quick way to make a few thousands.

As some said, the money you have at your level is good. Continue doing what you are doing. I will give you also some tips. It is still 2x drops. When you will reach lvl 30 ish, grind some antellopes, a lot of them and stock up on Hay. That, on my server is a quite easy 8-10k each.

In the lvl 20-30 range, stock up on rough fur, that also sells well, and will even more when 2x drops is done.

You don't absolutly need to raise ur crafting skills. Although it is rewarding to have ur name on your own equipements, the money you will make selling those mats will make you rich (for your level) in no time. Or just find yourself a happy medium.

Exemple : For each 10 crafting mats (be it, rocks, fur, wood..etc..), keep 4, sell 6. If you are a casual player and really dig all herbs/mats/pick all u find, you will have a very nice stash in 1-2 weeks.

As you see from my avatar, i'm 101, and I don't really make millions that easily myself.

Yes I do have some spots where I can make average 900k in 2 hours on my own, just relax at barely no repair cost. But I do not run TT and I know it would be a nice income as well .. (just too lazy to always find 3 other people to open squad mode). Like Venus said, starting as early as bh39, u can be lucky on a mold, that even if it sells for just 250k, well it's money you know :)

All I can say is don't get discouraged. Set your priorities, cash wise. Fashion should be last thing on your mind coming way after having ur skills maxed and proper equip for ur level.

At lvl 30 u will get a quest for a permanant flyer, it is slow, but it's free, and passes over mountains/rivers/archosaur's walls, u name it.(Of course, if u fly AFK, go up at 78 to be sure not to hit something dangerous)

From there u will be able to save A LOT on teleports. Sure, it will take you more time to go here and there, but it gives you time to eat a sandwich, make a coffee, or whatever :P

Good luck on your questing and I would suggest to try to not fall into the temptation to want to lvl too fast. If you don't plan on putting real life money in game, take ur sweet time using any means at your disposition to rack up the cash. And learn ur char well.

Please, oh please do not become the next : Lvl 100 in lvl 70 gear that knows how to spark/auto-atk and freaks as soon as he/she gets a debuff on them...b:chuckle
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Wow, Michael_Dark, you don't have to be such a festering bag of hate. Unless you're like...hating on Yulk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.