New Players poor everyone else Mega Rich?

Options
2»

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Wow, Michael_Dark, you don't have to be such a festering bag of hate. Unless you're like...hating on Yulk.

Heh, don't worry. He just thinks that Helm of Aqua Viciousness should still take luck, 60 bucks, or 30 hours of dq grinding to get. That's clearly superior to 15 hours or luck to get. I'll take my warsoul helm, full set of TT 70 gear, cape of tauran chieftain, random dyes from dq points, and cheap fashion for that same amount of gold, thank you. ^^ But I guess I must be dumb. This game clearly has become pay to win at low levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Heh, don't worry. He just thinks that Helm of Aqua Viciousness should still take luck, 60 bucks, or 30 hours of dq grinding to get. That's clearly superior to 15 hours or luck to get. I'll take my warsoul helm, full set of TT 70 gear, cape of tauran chieftain, random dyes from dq points, and cheap fashion for that same amount of gold, thank you. ^^ But I guess I must be dumb. This game clearly has become pay to win at low levels.

In a way, Michael's right. It SHOULD take sweat, blood and tears to get the Helm of Aqua Viciousness. Or any other item for that matter. The general populace has taken everything for granted and is expecting even more in the times to come. It's what drove the servers population to laziness and sheer stupidity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    In a way, Michael's right. It SHOULD take sweat, blood and tears to get the Helm of Aqua Viciousness. Or any other item for that matter. The general populace has taken everything for granted and is expecting even more in the times to come. It's what drove the servers population to laziness and sheer stupidity.

I'm not saying that it shouldn't be harder to level, i'm just saying his assessment that low levels need to pay real money or that every method of money making at low levels being removed is patently false. Besides he's trying to argue that its more expensive to be a low level because all the ways to make money are gone due to how cheap the items have become. If those items are cheap, it requires less work to get them and less real life cash. If those items are expensive, you can make more money but those items become harder to get. It can't be both at the same time unless those methods were actually removed, as he claimed. Which was also false. It's not about powerlevelling, its about is this game pay-to-win at low-mid levels? The answer is no, no it's not. There are plenty of ways to make all the money you need at those levels. Heh, also liked to point out that my join date is not when I first started playing. I started playing just before the genies came out. Forum Join Date doesn't=Join Date....and my whole point was that if you're willing to work for it all those methods of making money are still there. IJS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Demaulicus - Heavens Tear
    Demaulicus - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I'm not saying that it shouldn't be harder to level, i'm just saying his assessment that low levels need to pay real money or that every method of money making at low levels being removed is patently false. Besides he's trying to argue that its more expensive to be a low level because all the ways to make money are gone due to how cheap the items have become. If those items are cheap, it requires less work to get them and less real life cash. If those items are expensive, you can make more money but those items become harder to get. It can't be both at the same time unless those methods were actually removed, as he claimed. Which was also false. It's not about powerlevelling, its about is this game pay-to-win at low-mid levels? The answer is no, no it's not. There are plenty of ways to make all the money you need at those levels. Heh, also liked to point out that my join date is not when I first started playing. I started playing just before the genies came out. Forum Join Date doesn't=Join Date....and my whole point was that if you're willing to work for it all those methods of making money are still there. IJS

Sometimes it's best to leave people like Abstractive and Michaels alone because if they can't find ways to make coins without paying real life money then it's on them. However, There are plenty of ways to make coins if the ingame effort is applied like stated by many others including you and myself. Guess those two are just hyper EXP noobs that got power leveled through FF. Grinding, questing, merchanting etc still work in this game. Also, I am working on teaching people how to play this game rather than have more people on the server that don't know how to effectively play their class.

Another thing is if anyone is wondering I have multiple chars and all have decent or very good gear. My wizard for example has full Lunar gear that I farmed (not bought). My BM has my barb's old TT99 gear set that was also farmed (same account). My barb has r9 gear which I farmed for aswell. Therefore if anyone says it's impossible then they need to recheck how they are playing the game. For example I can make 20 mil with 3 hours of work ingame. Also, People can make 400k an hour grinding regardless of their level. 400k per hour x 5 hours grinding = 2 million coins. Holy **** that is a good start and if that is done for a whole month it becomes 60 million coins before repairs. Lets say repairs cost 40k an hour. That is 6 million coins in repairs for the whole month. OMG it's a 54 million coin profit in one month.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    1. Take advantage of 2x event while you can.
    2. Sell DQ drops at auction house but dont increase to high the price for each .If you want to sell it fast then : a DQ is 1070 ? make it 1800 , youll sell it faster than the ppl which are waiting to sell in on shops ,ah .. for 3k each.(But you wont gain 2x DQ points by npcing)
    Also there might be shops which are buying DQ for 2k each .
    3. Make a veno and a cleric .Cleric will be more wanted in parties and send(by mail) the gear after you dont need it from cleric to your lower veno to wear it ( you'll save coins if you dont buy gear for the 2nd arcane armor character)
    4. Have 3 characters or more but learn only 1 character the crafting skills . You will send by mail the mats/drops to only 1 char to craft what you want/need.
    5. Be patient ,i know its hard to mail each time , 5 iron or whatever to your main, but in time save some coins and buy a account stash stone or an extend bank stone to storage to 80 but only to your main .When you buy these stones wait for a PWE discount on boutique.
    6. Make another veno to lvl 30 and dont lvl it anymore . How ? Buy genies and spend exp on them , decompose them, send cubes to your alts to upgrade a bit your genies, and use the 30 lvl veno to farm (on 2x events) hay, concentrated glue,rough fur from antelopes or wolfs.Each glue or rough fur or hay is around 10-15k each.
    7. Do bh runs and spend exp in genies sometimes , to save spirit for your skills.
    8. Do your quests, some quests has good item reward as Scarlet fruit (wanted in AH for 300k or so ) and its only 8k exp reward+2k sp on right-click to use , used by greedy,lazy ppl to lvl fast and they'll buy it fast .
    9. I wont encourage you to do FCC for fast lvl everytime.This thing is like a boumerang which returns and hits your head :).You will wake up at 80 lvl and in need of gear which is very expensive for you if you jump from 30-40 lvl with only 500k saved.
    10. Check everyday if you can , Divine quests to see if you get a blue or purple quest by chance.If you get only whites then take them and you can trash them if you dont like but you need to take them bcuz on the next day ,the old untaken white quests will still be there on npc ( i think, so let the npc to roll new ones :)).Divine orders items rewards helps you to craft your legendary weapon (without other mats or job skills required) and/or to get a good amount of MP/HP food ;)
    11. Everytime you need to see what mobs drops something needed (or even the divine quests chances percentages) check pwdatabase.com or google it.No need to take seriously those percentages rates but its a good reference to search for a specific drop.
    12. Before to start kill your mobs for quest , set a Macro (combo) (if you dont know how, search it on these forums with Macro tag word) and place the icon on F2 or F1 or where you want .In this way you wont click like crazy on each skills and mess up your mouse.If you set a Macro dont forget about the cooldowns of skills or it require a spark to cast.
    13. ...and so on..b:chuckleb:victory

Good luck !

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year ! b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    *looks at your join date* Ah, no wonder you're so ignorant.
    You do realise join date on forum, is showing the first date you posted on the forum? Not how long you've actually been playing b:cold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Xinaeco - Harshlands
    Xinaeco - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Holy ****, and I thought LC Gold prices were highb:shocked

Well I rounded it, it's more like 17-19mil depending on the time of day. Seems it's higher at night than in the morning.
    You do realise join date on forum, is showing the first date you posted on the forum? Not how long you've actually been playing b:cold

Actually my join date says sep 2011, but I didn't post on this character until this month (was waiting on the 8x avvie), so they must of fixed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NiightmareXz; lv 92 demon archer (retired)
    xinaeco; lv 9x sage veno (retired currently)
    lil nab secret cleric (main)
  • Bm - Momaganon
    Bm - Momaganon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Actually my join date says sep 2011, but I didn't post on this character until this month, so they must of fixed it.

testing.

EDIT: Nope, it's for the first time you post.
  • Xinaeco - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    testing.

EDIT: Nope, it's for the first time you post.

Ah I guess i did post in september? but i don't remember doing it WHATSOEVER. lol must of been something with zanny... I swore I was waiting til i got the 8x avvie to post, my bad. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ah I guess i did post in september? but i don't remember doing it WHATSOEVER. lol must of been something with zanny... I swore I was waiting til i got the 8x avvie to post, my bad. b:laugh

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1196281&page=2

There you go sir, first post 2nd page you posted on September.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Eh, I joined in April and it still says July ;-;
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Eh, I joined in April and it still says July ;-;

Your first post on the forums must've been on July then, anyway this thread is derailing. This is the case in a lot of pay to win games, I just take advantage and merchant items.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Your first post on the forums must've been on July then, anyway this thread is derailing. This is the case in a lot of pay to win games, I just take advantage and merchant items.

Right, I was agreeing with you.

On-topic: Merchant! Steady income and intelligent investments pays off in the long run.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Xilplxim - Dreamweaver
    Xilplxim - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I too am new. But making coins is not an issue if you pay attention to the AH. DQ items do make money but Ive notice its only a few that people are buying. Mats is the easiest way to make coin. High level players couldnt be bothered farming themselves so they buy.

The biggest issue Im having is keeping my gear up to date. Weapons especially. If youre gonna do smithing once you get to lv2 you can make copper bars that sell for some pretty good coin and the mats are easy to farm at low levels.

I didnt bother reading through all the posts here but just wanted to add my 2 cents being a new player aswell.

Keep your chin up and keep grinding away. You will be surprised how quick the coins add up. Ive made well over 1million coins in the last few days and most of that came from npc'ing DQ items.
  • Xinaeco - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1196281&page=2

There you go sir, first post 2nd page you posted on September.

That was sheer accident, i chose my kitty avatar and forgot to switch back. but nonetheless, thanks for showing me what I already know? :3

/derailing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Surprising, just checked the ah and nature's breath is like 1.5 mil. Necklace of the Legion is 1 mil. Mystical realm pendant is 500k. Demon's Heart Ring is 600k. Proud plate of Corsair is 1 mil. Helmet of pirate is also 1 mil. Cape of Taurun Chieftain is 2.7mil. Pants of Dragon Scale 900k. These are all low-mid level stuff. The higher level stuff is all dirt cheap now because of the obsession with nirvana, but for mid levels thats not bad chunks of change.

As for cube, I really have no idea how you're losing so much. I usually make money in it...not a lot but like I said I did make a lot for that level.

As for TT mats do multi runs and sell them in bundles. I admit its not the best way to make money, but its still a way to make money especially during 2x. I mean the costs of subs is about the same as just one chientiens edge, the rest of the mats are admittedly small but still worth it money in the bank. You're not gonna make the millions you used to, but like I said it should be more than enough to cover your costs. :P

Necklace of the legion was 1 m last i checked, Helmet of Pirate is 500k, Mystical Realm Pendant is 600k, and made Capes of Tauran are less than 2.7m b:surrender

I don't really like spending 6 hours in cube to get from start to finish, and in order to do so you have to have do-alls, etc. Those are going for 33k a pop. Cube tickets were going for 300 coins a piece last i checked, but typically go for less than 3k. It's just the fact that I can use 100 dice tickets and not actually get to the end (keep getting the bugged rooms that are impossible to pass), makes it just not worth it in the end.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    selling herbs used to be one of my best ways to make a little more money, but here in HT the stuff that is available to players who cant go into Lothranis or Momagannon either have no/few buyers, and if there is someone buying, it is for only a fraction of what it used to be. the herbs that do sell are those from the Save/Demon areas, where low/lv84 players cant go.

i really dont know what to suggest, since im in the the same boat with most of my alts. but you might try this: if you can, buy with real money the stash stone, which lets you pass items between alts, and have one be your banker. this will let you save up mats and such, and do the banker's quest, making your bank and pockets bigger, thus more room. then you start saving up herbs/mats, till you have stacks as big as they will go, then sell them.

this will take a long time, i know, but its the best i can suggest

u wont make money with crafting items, u will only spend money to lvl crafting up.
    and people make money at higher levels. at low lvl your only chance to make money is farm crafting mats and sell them or get lucky and get molds in dungeons(ur fb or bh runs). some of molds can be sold for 1mil+ depending on server. low level items are cheap so i don't know why at ur lvl u need 22mil worth endgame stuff o.o

if you want more money:
    sell crafting mats, herbs
    sell dqs in catshop over night or put them in AH
    help with BH runs with random drops and hope u get smth
    merchant
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Sometimes it's best to leave people like Abstractive ....

Abstractive is cool yo! Even if don't give me credit for his sig no more. b:cry although the body guard thing is pretty funnyb:chuckle
    selling herbs used to be one of my best ways to make a little more money, but here in HT the stuff that is available to players who cant go into Lothranis or Momagannon either have no/few buyers, and if there is someone buying, it is for only a fraction of what it used to be. the herbs that do sell are those from the Save/Demon areas, where low/lv84 players cant go.

i really dont know what to suggest, since im in the the same boat with most of my alts. but you might try this: if you can, buy with real money the stash stone, which lets you pass items between alts, and have one be your banker. this will let you save up mats and such, and do the banker's quest, making your bank and pockets bigger, thus more room. then you start saving up herbs/mats, till you have stacks as big as they will go, then sell them.

this will take a long time, i know, but its the best i can suggest

The account stash is really freaking awesome. Its one of the few things I recommend buying no matter what class you are, it really truly helps with money making/time saving and opens up some better gear options to your alts in later levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous: