Enrage/GD tactics?

Options

Comments

• OmniX - Heavens Tear
    OmniX - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Missy's group went to GD to be with friends, and they've only TW'ed like 3 times total since they've been there.

They left to join "Fragile" i think was the name of the faction their friends were in...not GD. They were in Fragile for a bit then went to GD.
  • DarkFury - Heavens Tear
    DarkFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Well how this thread went in this direction I'm not quite sure...

@Bale, Ret > losing TW to GD had nothing to do with the decision to leave actually, even if Rad had won that TW we would still have moved. We pondered that decision for quite a while actually before even apping to GD. Part of it was a feeling of loyalty and having some very good friends in Rad. We left Caesar because of the leadership there and their complete failure to understand how to run a TW, even after a a merge of strong TW players came over.
    I stayed in Tao till the ship was sinking and there was no hope left for that guild, it was time for everyone to move on, Tao had been in trouble for quite a while even before I got there and Tao was really no longer "Tao". I never just jumped any ship on a whim, nor did I sit on any high horse. I made many suggestions in Rad to try and help the TW effort, uh all I can say is I either heard " we did that once it won't work here" or ideas fell on deaf ears, or were totally botched in execution... old history anyways, no criticism intended there. I always liked Rad and considered it and the ppl one of the best guilds I have been in, in my time in this game.

Ret..your right most of trashing was directed at some of the others not me actually, I totally understood the surprise and disappointment, and expected such. In this game and in life, I never burn bridges. It's a game, sometimes you just have to do something you want to do for yourself.

@Kiyoshi> If it sounds stupid to you ... oh well. Guilds that take people without any filtering process, end up with a lot of problems... so yeah whatever... Your second quote is not me..... thats someone else's fail attempt to guess what we were thinkinhg, who hides behind an alt, and probably does not even know me....

Well if this doesn't kill this thread, nothing will.
  • DEATHJOKER - Heavens Tear
    DEATHJOKER - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    your mustache keep reviving this thread b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]THE BIRD OF THE HERMES IS MY NAME EATING MY WINGS TO MAKE ME TAME
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    They left to join "Fragile" i think was the name of the faction their friends were in...not GD. They were in Fragile for a bit then went to GD.

Their friends FallenAngelX, tigerpoo, and marmut (I think mar was) were in GD at the time, and they went to join to be with them. Fragile is mostly their alts and maybe 1 or 2 other people.
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    @ Bella, that comment wasn't meant to be take so seriously. Hell, I even said I was joking.

@ Red, I have, and will, always do right by others for as long as they do right by me. But you are right, I've never been "restricted" just too hung up doing **** to be as vocal as I wanted to be. The difference between then and now is the fact that I have more time on my hands to vocalize my opinions and what not. But, nonetheless, I have no idea where this animosity towards me developed; maybe you would care to explain this?

But thank you sweets, you are right, I am still the same person I was a year or so ago, and a guild in a game will never change that.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    @ Bella, that comment wasn't meant to be take so seriously. Hell, I even said I was joking.

@ Red, I have, and will, always do right by others for as long as they do right by me. But you are right, I've never been "restricted" just too hung up doing **** to be as vocal as I wanted to be. The difference between then and now is the fact that I have more time on my hands to vocalize my opinions and what not. But, nonetheless, I have no idea where this animosity towards me developed; maybe you would care to explain this?

But thank you sweets, you are right, I am still the same person I was a year or so ago, and a guild in a game will never change that.

Somehow you suddenly reminded me of that time when you had a bad mood while being my squad lead in tw. And this cleric was pissing you off b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Demaulicus - Heavens Tear
    Demaulicus - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Somehow you suddenly reminded me of that time when you had a bad mood while being my squad lead in tw. And this cleric was pissing you off b:chuckle

*uses armageddon on you for fun* b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    Steopie - Heavens Tear Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I think you guys are being quite mean to DarkFury about his joining GD. I can totally understand and appreciate why he would have been excited about a newish faction looking like theyre having some fun TW and being able to compete with Enrage at the highest end of the gear spectrum, where his gear fits in.

He left Rad, I dont recall him ever bashing anybody from Rad on the forums, in wc etc. A few 'random Rad people' were probably like: "ohhh no QQ gone to GD /sadness", but any real friends should always respect that people might not want to be in the same faction and have different goals. As long as somebody dosent intentionally hurt a faction / people in the process of leaving, its not really a big deal.

Now, the point I brought up earlier is concerning recent events in GD's TWs. A lot of people did, regardless of GD advertising as 'non TW mandatory etcetc', join to TW. For the last few months, GD's TW has been.. a joke. I get the feeling a lot of these TW people are privately pretty frustrated with that situation, but maybe trying to get behind their faction and not be quitters, or waiting on something else 'fresh' to arise, as they dont think any of the current options are any better.

I know a lot of people have felt like this in previous TW factions as their demise started to begin and the circumstances are very similar to what GD are currently experiencing. So, my advice to my good friend man-with-the-tash and any other GD 'TWers' is: just get out of GD now, bring back tao or something before you start making yourselves miserable in a failing faction. Your tenacity is commendable, but find something better with some potential. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I think you guys are being quite mean to DarkFury about his joining GD. I can totally understand and appreciate why he would have been excited about a newish faction looking like theyre having some fun TW and being able to compete with Enrage at the highest end of the gear spectrum, where his gear fits in.

He left Rad, I dont recall him ever bashing anybody from Rad on the forums, in wc etc. A few 'random Rad people' were probably like: "ohhh no QQ gone to GD /sadness", but any real friends should always respect that people might not want to be in the same faction and have different goals. As long as somebody dosent intentionally hurt a faction / people in the process of leaving, its not really a big deal.

Now, the point I brought up earlier is concerning recent events in GD's TWs. A lot of people did, regardless of GD advertising as 'non TW mandatory etcetc', join to TW. For the last few months, GD's TW has been.. a joke. I get the feeling a lot of these TW people are privately pretty frustrated with that situation, but maybe trying to get behind their faction and not be quitters, or waiting on something else 'fresh' to arise, as they dont think any of the current options are any better.

I know a lot of people have felt like this in previous TW factions as their demise started to begin and the circumstances are very similar to what GD are currently experiencing. So, my advice to my good friend man-with-the-tash and any other GD 'TWers' is: just get out of GD now, bring back tao or something before you start making yourselves miserable in a failing faction. Your tenacity is commendable, but find something better with some potential. b:cute

I say all members from GD, Radiance, xWaRx, Drakon, and Dominus should merge into 3 strong TW contending factions. This way it'll revitalize TW and give Enrage tough competition. Also, The 3rd thing it does is makes things so a 4th TW faction can't separate the GD/Rad gank that is aimed for. Just some food for thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I say all members from GD, Radiance, xWaRx, Drakon, and Dominus should merge into 3 strong TW contending factions. This way it'll revitalize TW and give Enrage tough competition. Also, The 3rd thing it does is makes things so a 4th TW faction can't separate the GD/Rad gank that is aimed for. Just some food for thought.

what should be done...

is a fantasy draft of Rad/GDz/Enrage/Drak/War/bewbies/Dom etc b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

I disagree. Let TW die. Don't give anyone false hope into thinking Enrage can be beaten if other factions combine. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Fun TW Rad.
    Dominus fails.
    Ararat told me to go **** a tree.
    Fun TW tomorrow hopefully.
    Nice.
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    what should be done...

is a fantasy draft of Rad/GDz/Enrage/Drak/War/bewbies/Dom etc b:dirty

That would be awesome and funny as hell. Just imagine the kind of mixes of people you'd get. So many people hate eachother guts and stuff b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    That would be another "BOMB ARMED" situations....
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • MissyLucifer - Heavens Tear
    MissyLucifer - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Missy's group went to GD to be with friends, and they've only TW'ed like 3 times total since they've been there.
    Thank you for clearing that up, Evanera. I was pretty sure what I've posted before I left (as far as I can remember), was about a few of my friends are not going to be extremely active due to real life reasons; and some of us prefers to do tw on and off. Since I am not online 24/7 to confirm; but I've not seen baba and mefe for anything more than an hour for two consecutive weeks for the past six months. b:sad
    Their friends FallenAngelX, tigerpoo, and marmut (I think mar was) were in GD at the time, and they went to join to be with them. Fragile is mostly their alts and maybe 1 or 2 other people.
    Thanks Evanera for clearing that up again. Fragile is mostly an alt guild; and we do keep a few friends that are 'retired' and would love to login once in a while to say hi. b:chuckle
    And yes (again), at that time, I do have quite a few friends who were active in GD; some of them still are; but unfortunately, (as we can see) some of them return to RL and are only able to get on for around ... 30 minutes (without being afk, that is)? or so, for minor things like afk-wq/cs/mq, or to say hi and how life sucks. b:shutup b:avoid

I was pretty sure that my friends and I are pure non-factor noobs and would get away from these unnoticed... Oh well, non-factor's back to sleep, I guess. b:cute
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    tell tigerpoo and fallie and marmut hi for me! never see them on anymore, or on alts or w/e

used to see baba in tw against enrage but not even then anymore :(

b:bye miss the good days of Caesar b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    fallie's completely disappeared... don't know about the rest b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Professor_X - Heavens Tear
    Professor_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The problem with merging factions... is that most of the factions are probably 30% alts from OTHER factions! So there are probably... 250 people? That can TW effectively? Or something close to that I'd guess!

b:shocked
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It's better than what there is now, you've got GD who shows with like 50-60 people for a TW, then there's Rad who can field a full 80 but barely.
    Then there's the other complete waste of space.

Drakon has a lot of well geared players (just basing this off of gear, not even going to go in to the whole how well x plays his or her class ****).
    xWarx has a handful of R9 players, so does Dominus. Let's say xWarx merges with Radiance and Dominus with GD, then I am almost completely certainly and wholeheartedly convinced that these "new" factions will be able to field 80 people easily and not just barely scrap together 80 people with a bunch of 6-7k HP BMs and 4k HP archers running around. Throw around the 3984938498 BM's and Barbs Drakon has to some of these factions, and I honestly do not see Enrage surviving a gank by those 2 factions.

For the sake of argument I could even say that GD is the reason why the TW scene is so boring, you take a good portion of well geared players and stick them in a "optional TW faction". And basically you're indirectly gimping any other faction. If GD would disband and their active members go to Radiance for example, I'm pretty sure that Rad would be able to give Enrage quite a fight.
    I'm actually interested in seeing what happens with the people in GD that have good gear and actually want to TW. Will they just try to jump ship back to Enrage or will they actually try and join another faction to fight Enrage?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If GD would disband and their active members go to Radiance for example, I'm pretty sure that Rad would be able to give Enrage quite a fight.
    I'm actually interested in seeing what happens with the people in GD that have good gear and actually want to TW. Will they just try to jump ship back to Enrage or will they actually try and join another faction to fight Enrage?

Sometimes i wonder how strong Radiance would be if in this past year all the experienced and well geared players wouldn't have left. I'm quite sure we would be able to give enrage a really good fight. Instead people either chose to be with friends or chose another faction to fight enrage. Oh well b:surrender

And my guess for GD players would be the first option for many. I'm quite sure that Radiance is not even an option for many, either because they left rad in the past with drama in their suitcase or because rad doesn't seem very interesting to many because of the reputation and since it's an old faction.
    And if i remember correctly, many players in tao who left went to enrage, same for caesar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If people want a more competitive TW scene they should stop taking the easy option and running to Enrage. Those people are just as much part of the problem as the faction's they left
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If people want a more competitive TW scene they should stop taking the easy option and running to Enrage. Those people are just as much part of the problem as the faction's they left

So you are telling people to stay in a faction they become unhappy in? If so then that is a worse option than moving to another TW faction where you actually have people who are true friends. I'm sorry but I left factions in the past because I started to feel miserable in those factions. Instead of raging I decided to do the mature thing and move on with the game. Sometimes a faction and one/some of it's members no longer see eye to eye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So you are telling people to stay in a faction they become unhappy in? If so then that is a worse option than moving to another TW faction where you actually have people who are true friends. I'm sorry but I left factions in the past because I started to feel miserable in those factions. Instead of raging I decided to do the mature thing and move on with the game. Sometimes a faction and one/some of it's members no longer see eye to eye.

Very true, but let's be honest for everyone who moves to be with friend's there are atleast 1 or 2 who move purely because they want to be on the winning side, and it takes no effort to join the best.
  • Nubispotze - Heavens Tear
    Nubispotze - Heavens Tear Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Very true, but let's be honest for everyone who moves to be with friend's there are atleast 1 or 2 who move purely because they want to be on the winning side, and it takes no effort to join the best.

funny. about 8 months ago when all these people left Enrage to go to GD. you people didnt say this. now after 8 months of Enrage merching/farming and gearing up vs Cash Shopped GD people. Enrage is almost = gear and still better skill wise. So I ask you this, why were u not saying "stop copping out and taking the easy way out" 8 months ago
    Exegesis-103-Psychic--blackballs, blueballs, pinkballs, hairless balls. You got a lotta balls to be applying to Enrage...AND ask for a private denial reason? gg man. gg.
  • HunterRich - Heavens Tear
    HunterRich - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The problem with merging factions... is that most of the factions are probably 30% alts from OTHER factions! So there are probably... 250 people? That can TW effectively? Or something close to that I'd guess!

b:shocked

nah that wouldnt matter. the real issue with factions merging is getting people to actually play together for a common goal. keeping additudes and ego's in check while the merged faction learns to play together is what would keep that faction from being successful.
  • HunterRich - Heavens Tear
    HunterRich - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

maybe they run to Enrage because they want to TW? GD keeps saying they are TW optional and seem to have given up. which leads to my next question, why would anyone in this game spend the time farming or spend real money to get rank 9 gear if your not going put effort into TW'ing? may as well quit the game
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    maybe they run to Enrage because they want to TW? GD keeps saying they are TW optional and seem to have given up. which leads to my next question, why would anyone in this game spend the time farming or spend real money to get rank 9 gear if your not going put effort into TW'ing? may as well quit the game

But but we need them R9 gears to help us kill Snakefist and Peachblossum quicker.
  • Esemeli - Heavens Tear
    Esemeli - Heavens Tear Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    someone mentioned in another thread a few weeks ago, and personally i think it's a wonderful idea- leave them with a lvl 2 land, unable to go anywhere, unable to deliberately lose the land.

the only options they have are:
    - keep bidding on enrage
    - stop bidding altogether
    - switch to a new guild (unlikely- poor guild base, all those quests done for absolutely nothing)

Why do you still post here you noob.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    But but we need them R9 gears to help us kill Snakefist and Peachblossum quicker.

This.

In fact, I need someone with R9 to kill DoD for my alt, next time I log on though.

Hopefully people know I'm talking about the boss near Misfortune instead of Diamond of Dragon item you can get from most packs. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Sometimes i wonder how strong Radiance would be if in this past year all the experienced and well geared players wouldn't have left. I'm quite sure we would be able to give enrage a really good fight. Instead people either chose to be with friends or chose another faction to fight enrage. Oh well b:surrender

And my guess for GD players would be the first option for many. I'm quite sure that Radiance is not even an option for many, either because they left rad in the past with drama in their suitcase or because rad doesn't seem very interesting to many because of the reputation and since it's an old faction.
    And if i remember correctly, many players in tao who left went to enrage, same for caesar.

When those factions disbanded we had a limit for for the number of "refugees" we'd be willing to take.

But even if we didn't, if you're concerned about that you underestimate the number of GD who will not be allowed in Enrage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?