Let's talk about the right uses of Chromatic Healing Beam

Options
ILubby - Raging Tide
ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Cleric
Okay yall, I don't care if you're an experienced or a power lvler cleric to 100, but if you don't know when to use Chromatic Healing Beam...then you're causing problems in the squad.

When to use CHB:

- When you have a boss that does AoE. e.g: Polearm, Gaurnob (CHB accompanies your IH of course)
- When you're required to BB but you can't because you don't have chi or BB is on cooldown. This sometimes happens in BH99 Abbadon or Seat of Torment. You IH the tank and CHB UNTIL you can BB again. (Get cloud eruption on genie for chi so your only excuse would be cooldown -.-)
- When you have a mob that explodes, you use CHB when it dies.

Could be more uses but I won't mention them all.

When NOT to use CHB:

- When the squad is fighting a single mob, PLEASE do NOT spam CHB!
- When a squishy DD grabs aggro of a mob or a boss, do NOT use CHB and heal the DD instead! Silent seal is also a great choice if the mob is far from the mage, a nice paralyze saves the day.
- Do NOT use CHB as a skill to gain chi! For chi either get cloud eruption on genie, chi pots or use a single target heal ON YOURSELF!
- Do NOT use CHB in Warsong BH (this is what made me write this post in the first place)
Please please please, you are a level 100 cleric so you MUST know how heal aggro works and how luring fails when you heal the person who is luring. Therefore, when you spam CHB in Warsong and squad is pulling a runner, you aggro the whole group causing a wipe.

I'm so sick of wipes in Warsong on my veno because the cleric spams CHB every second when he's not BBing and cause the lure to fail! I'm sick of having to pot my *** and burn my genie chi when the barb fails to hold aggro and the cleric merely spams CHB rather than Wellspring and IH me. I'm not saying I kite or DD like a **** and no I don't have ***** gear and I don't have any problem taking an instance mob alone, but if you're a cleric and you're there and you're doing your job like a noob! Please...STOP!

Have a nice day <3
Post edited by ILubby - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Nut - Lothranis
    Nut - Lothranis Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

I'm so sick of wipes in Warsong on my veno because the cleric spams CHB every second when he's not BBing and cause the lure to fail! I'm sick of having to pot my *** and burn my genie chi when the barb fails to hold aggro and the cleric merely spams CHB rather than Wellspring and IH me. I'm not saying I kite or DD like a **** and no I don't have ***** gear and I don't have any problem taking an instance mob alone, but if you're a cleric and you're there and you're doing your job like a noob! Please...STOP!

Have a nice day <3

Get new cleric.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Last time I saw one of these CHB spammers, I was the Barb in the squad; maintaining aggro on individual mobs just fine. Started making fun of the fail cleric spamming CHB only to have lead tell us no more picking on his cousin cleric with a threat to boot. I left the squad. Fails can go w/o me.
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Get new cleric.
    Easy for you to say that, but you can't do it when you're with a random squad and I notice that I'm the only one recognizing that it's the cleric's fault. Gotta swallow it up =\
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    if u get used to it, u can rotate IH just like a chromatic b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Easy for you to say that, but you can't do it when you're with a random squad and I notice that I'm the only one recognizing that it's the cleric's fault. Gotta swallow it up =\

The option is always there to leave when you recognize the poor cleric-ing going on.

I would leave; time is money. If something was not going well, I used to give them the proverbial finger and port out.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Well.. you should just make sure you always have chi, so you don't have to use it when you don't really have to.

I normally only use it on the Bishop Boss in fcc. Even in bh69 i used it very rarely..
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    What I hate is how clerics are so resistant to advice. there like the only class who absolutely will not listen to a word you say. Which is why I leave when there's a **** cleric in squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    What I hate is how clerics are so resistant to advice. there like the only class who absolutely will not listen to a word you say. Which is why I leave when there's a **** cleric in squad.

This. And what's funny is the worst clerics leave when you give them advice, solving the problem.

Although I agree with the initial post who still does individual pulls in Warsong? Any ranged class can pull the group, any barb can pull the group, any sin can pull the group, and anyone with bramble range can pull the group. Why are people pulling single mobs with earthflame and pets and leaving other mobs to be chain aggrod?
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Also use it when bosses aoe interrupts bb.

I agree fully, nothing makes me more mad on my hubby's sin than a cleric spamming it without i single ih to the tank. Seriously a ih can save a charm tick. Yes i fail at playing sin. Im not use to physical class QQ

If i get aggro its np i can take the hits :p
  • Stressedout - Dreamweaver
    Stressedout - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ya missed one:

Chromatic is a great thing to throw on the end of your buff macro to compensate for group getting fresh barb buffs b:chuckle (you do still run with barbs right b:surrender)
    frankieraye

Oh the snowmen are coming, don't you worry..
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ya missed one:

Chromatic is a great thing to throw on the end of your buff macro to compensate for group getting fresh barb buffs b:chuckle (you do still run with barbs right b:surrender)

That is one of the few times I will gladly use Chromatic. <_< I honestly hate the channel time on it to the point where I've actually kept people alive through aoes by cycling IH on everyone, and adding wellspring on squishies/people with charms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Options
    This. And what's funny is the worst clerics leave when you give them advice, solving the problem.

Although I agree with the initial post who still does individual pulls in Warsong? Any ranged class can pull the group, any barb can pull the group, any sin can pull the group, and anyone with bramble range can pull the group. Why are people pulling single mobs with earthflame and pets and leaving other mobs to be chain aggrod?

Quoted for truth.
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Okay yall, I don't care if you're an experienced or a power lvler cleric to 100, but if you don't know when to use Chromatic Healing Beam...then you're causing problems in the squad.

When to use CHB:

- When you have a boss that does AoE. e.g: Polearm, Gaurnob (CHB accompanies your IH of course)
    - When you're required to BB but you can't because you don't have chi or BB is on cooldown. This sometimes happens in BH99 Abbadon or Seat of Torment. You IH the tank and CHB UNTIL you can BB again. (Get cloud eruption on genie for chi so your only excuse would be cooldown -.-)
    - When you have a mob that explodes, you use CHB when it dies.

Could be more uses but I won't mention them all.

When NOT to use CHB:

- When the squad is fighting a single mob, PLEASE do NOT spam CHB!
    - When a squishy DD grabs aggro of a mob or a boss, do NOT use CHB and heal the DD instead! Silent seal is also a great choice if the mob is far from the mage, a nice paralyze saves the day.
    - Do NOT use CHB as a skill to gain chi! For chi either get cloud eruption on genie, chi pots or use a single target heal ON YOURSELF!
    - Do NOT use CHB in Warsong BH (this is what made me write this post in the first place)
    Please please please, you are a level 100 cleric so you MUST know how heal aggro works and how luring fails when you heal the person who is luring. Therefore, when you spam CHB in Warsong and squad is pulling a runner, you aggro the whole group causing a wipe.

Have a nice day <3

+1 Although I like being a hipster and call chromatic healing beam Soon the Light.b:chuckle

But seriously people, slow channeling time, most of the time ineffective...when in doubt ironheart please <___>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Gotta swallow it up =\

If only more girls I knew had that attitude. b:chuckle
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Options
    +1 Although I like being a hipster and call chromatic healing beam Soon the Light.b:chuckle

Yea, me too. It confuses the newbie 100s :3

You know girls? I doubt it :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    edited December 2011
    Options

Well I said runners, not a single mob everytime. You know, these annoying sword ladies that seal ? And no, not everyone can pull the group.
    But regardless, warsong is just an example, aoe heal when luring is so wrong.

Lol.

And the thing about leaving, well if it gets intense I will gladly leave but I already have a hard time convincing squads that venos are DDs especially in warsong (even if I say I have sage amp)...so when I find a squad I thank God and put a happy smile lol. Not to mention that I hate having a lot of attitude, I can slip a mistake or two but this cleric noobness is becoming a phenomena lately so...
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol lets not talk about it xD, anyways i dont use chromatic healing beam tht often but clearly i do use it since its a part of my skills, thought i find those clerics spamming it for flashy funs lights should have some sence of healing and timing on when its actually needed =p
    ( thought this comes from a cleric tht BBs ina south corner to make her faction mates lagg which is a completly mp waste and senseless thing to do lols)... i mean i didnt say a thing! lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Kurisutina - Sanctuary
    Kurisutina - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    From level 80+ I used CHB through out FCC, Alternating with IH of course. I hardly ever BBed it's a waste of Chi and MP foods if it's not necessary.
    Changes are inevitable, Conform or be Left behind. ^_^
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Options
    From level 80+ I used CHB through out FCC, Alternating with IH of course. I hardly ever BBed it's a waste of Chi and MP foods if it's not necessary.

I have the math somewhere, but BB is far more MP efficient than CHB + IH. This is doubly so if you have the level 11 versions of the two heals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I have the math somewhere, but BB is far more MP efficient than CHB + IH. This is doubly so if you have the level 11 versions of the two heals.

There are far too many variables for this claim to hold water.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Sorry but what is a cleric?

I have not seen these illusive creatures around for some time, you think you spot one

getting strange magical buff's when your semi AFK in arch

but with it comes to some high level stuff there is this all new class

called a Mystic that seems to have been taking over ever since the introduction of

R9.

that being said.

you can't replace a cleric for some main things. I personally do not like playing cleric

I have one but he's collecting dust, I also have been in most Instances with a Mystic

or ninja invited to help others with there TT runs and BH's when i log my own Mystic

Poor clerics, they need to have a reason to play again.
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    There are far too many variables for this claim to hold water.

I am not sure to what variables you refer. I stated a general fact assuming the combination posted. Either way...

Challenge accepted!

Let's review basic skill info (assuming level 10 skills):

BB costs 500 mp to cast, takes 5 seconds to channel, and uses 500 more every five seconds thereafter.

IH costs 229.5 mp to cast, takes 1 second to channel, and 1 second to cast. It has a cooldown of 1 second.

CHB costs 970 mp to cast, takes 3.5 seconds to channel, and 1 second to cast. it has a cooldown of 3 seconds.

Now let's test the validity:

Assuming a combo of CHB + IH as the poster I originally quoted stated (with appropriate wait time for the CHB cooldown), then that would take 6.5 seconds to fully cycle (3.5 + 1 + 1 + 1). Let's assume that we cycle through those two skills five times. There is 1 second of dead time between IH and the next CHB due to the cooldown, so I'll factor that in as well. Five cycles takes 36.5 seconds (or 6.5*5 + 4 seconds for the dead time between cycles 1 - 4) and costs 5997.5 mp ( (229.5 + 970)*5 ) or ~164.3 mp/sec.

Now the same amount of time, BB costs 4000 mp (500*8, since 36.5/5 = 8) or ~109.6 mp/sec. For purposes of comparison, I am counting the 5 second channel time as a BB tick as well.

Now that's all well and good for five cycles, but what about something smaller? Let's try three cycles...

CHB/IH combo takes 21.5 seconds (6.5*3 + 2 seconds for the dead time between cycles 1 and 2) and costs 3598.5 mp ( (229.5 + 970)*3 ) or ~167.4 mp/sec.

BB costs 2500 mp (500*5, since 21.5/5 = 5) or ~116.3 mp/sec.

Now, and just for giggles, let's assume the same cycles with the level 11 skills!

lvl 11 IH costs 400 mp to cast with the same channel/cast/cooldown times.

lvl 11 CHB costs 1200 mp to cast with the same channel/cast/cooldown times.

So using the same scenarios from before:

5 cycles --> mp cost is 8000 ( (400 + 1200)*5 ) and takes 36.5 seconds cast (6.5*5 + 4). That's ~219.2 mp/sec.

3 cycles --> mp cost is 4800 ( (400 + 1200)*3 ) and takes 21.5 seconds to cast (6.5*3 + 2). That's ~223.3 mp/sec.

I'll let you decide for yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    One question; Was this cleric BB'ing AT ALL ?

cause y'know if you're on your veno and cleric needs to replace BB after a pull/s.
    A veno needs to give cleric some sparkylove sometimes >_> just saying.

If he/she was not BB'ing at all, forget i said anything. *curses morning hours*
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Sometimes when mobs group all together , your squad consists of tank and multiple DDs (sins and Bms and Seeker) and All these flashy skills make it hard to tell who is being attacked or not. Dropping one CHB just to make sure everyone is safe is something i do at times (mostly in BH 59) however when u know the one who takes dmg , IH is just enough
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Newyn - Heavens Tear
    Newyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Decus u forgot how much the skills heals when calcultaing that. And do u get free time over? Then u can Debuff/DD. But cant do that in BB. That is aslo somethig u have to take in mind when shosing betwen IH/CHB or BB.

Phoenix_Eye why not looke at party list and watch HP bar? Thats what I usley do to se if some1 is taking agroo that shouldnt and need heals.
    If they die form 1-2 shots they should be more carefull about there damage anyway.
    And sence its no AOE bosses in BH 59 there should be any use of CHB unless it get messy when taking out mobs.
    To Lazy to make 1. b:infuriated
  • Kanmi - Sanctuary
    Kanmi - Sanctuary Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    You can debuff while in BB... Tangling Mire, Extreme Poison . Also he was talking about MP efficient . And you forgot that BB is 50% damage reduction .
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Decus u forgot how much the skills heals when calcultaing that.

See:
    Also he was talking about MP efficient.

I haven't forgotten anything, I assure you. Also, you can even DD/interrupt in BB if you have Bramble Rage (or other DD genie skills). I liked to use it in pulls right after an HF to help down the mobs, though that's not honestly advised in that setting. At least, before rank ****, BR used to steal aggro sometimes. I haven't a clue now if it's even worth it. Really, though, you can't beat the sight of a solid block of green making lots of numbers appear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kanmi - Sanctuary
    Kanmi - Sanctuary Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Remember when BR used to kill people stack with HF ? It doesnt hurt anymore now so imagine on mobs, i don't think you would pull aggro b:surrender
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Decus u forgot how much the skills heals when calcultaing that. And do u get free time over? Then u can Debuff/DD. But cant do that in BB. That is aslo somethig u have to take in mind when shosing betwen IH/CHB or BB.

Phoenix_Eye why not looke at party list and watch HP bar? Thats what I usley do to se if some1 is taking agroo that shouldnt and need heals.
    If they die form 1-2 shots they should be more carefull about there damage anyway.
    And sence its no AOE bosses in BH 59 there should be any use of CHB unless it get messy when taking out mobs.

My internet connection is sometimes faulty , the sidebar sometimes doesnt show HP/MP changes or buffs.

Provided my net is normal , the sidebar is guide for healing. But when 5 people spam all their skills ( and ping is high ) Lag spikes are scary :( b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Kurisutina - Sanctuary
    Kurisutina - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

I also have a constant 2k ping. I have to be able to act as quickly as possible. If I'm in BB and it gets interupted, if I don't hit CHB quickly enough it's squad wipe. BB isn't available in a lot of cases. Sure the 50% damage reduction is nice but in a lot of cases BB isn't a choice. Not to mention a lot of clerics use Cloud Eruption. which costs genie stamina. Where as CHB requires no chi. I just honestly think that CHB better, personal choice I suppose. I've only ever had one complaint about my healing which was from a wizard who set up DB and didn't have the defense to take on that many mobs, regardless of having BB up or not he would have still died see as his defense was shiet. XD As long as it keeps a squad a live it doesn't matter what your healing method is. Everyone has different ideas that suit them better than others. =)

P.S. Don't tell people how to cleric, there is no right or wrong way. It's whatever works. (unless ofc you use Blessing of the Purehearted. And if you do wtf is wrong with you? O.o)
    Changes are inevitable, Conform or be Left behind. ^_^