New scam per email?

Asgardeus - Sanctuary
Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
So I checked my e-mail as usual today and found this:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5400/mailscam.jpg

I mean, in no way this is legit. Look at the faked e-mail address and funnily, the real mails from PWE below it lol
Didn't open it because I'm not sure if I can without getting myself some nasty add there.

Anyone else got this or any official word? o.o
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Asgardeus - Sanctuary on

Comments

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    That's 100% a scam. Please submit a ticket as well to let the GMs know.

Thanks!
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I've been getting this sort of bullcrap from all sorts of MMO's (that I don't even play) but not this one...

...yet b:worried
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Did that, Shelly.

Hope Customer support and GM help was the right place to put this lol Tickets are so confusing b:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angels_Age - Dreamweaver
    Angels_Age - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I too got like 5 of these. I'm a little worried because I actually opened the mail >.<. I didn't follow any links, but, I too have submitted a ticket at this point.
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I got like 6 of these too. The worst thing being they correlate to some of the genuine tickets I actually sent and have -some- of the information included.

~Yes, I clicked them. Hotmail was kind enough to block the content and jack **** else was getting past b:bye

Edit :

8 now....

--

9 now...
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Starleigh - Sanctuary
    Starleigh - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I got like 6 of these too. The worst thing being they correlate to some of the genuine tickets I actually sent and have -some- of the information included.

~Yes, I clicked them. Hotmail was kind enough to block the content and jack **** else was getting past b:bye

Edit :

8 now....

--

9 now...

Mine appear to be the same, I have received 3 of these today and although I didn't open any of them they all have the same title as a ticket I sent to PWI a while ago :/
  • MysticRaine - Sanctuary
    MysticRaine - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I've gotten 3 on a ticket I did over a year ago. I sumited a ticket what i want to know is how they know all the info off the ticket?
  • Integra_ - Raging Tide
    Integra_ - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Three here too. All about tickets I have sent in the past. Email says I haven't replied for x amount of days so the ticket has been marked as solved. I thought these were closed ages ago.

Slightly worrying they know exactly what tickets I've sent though b:shocked
  • Kyrael - Dreamweaver
    Kyrael - Dreamweaver Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I for some reason can't access the email address I made this account with, so I can't check if I'm getting any of these (I've submitted tickets before, so I assume yes), but there are a few people in tech support forums worrying about these as well.

Someone got into the database of tickets? b:surrender
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I too got like 5 of these. I'm a little worried because I actually opened the mail >.<. I didn't follow any links, but, I too have submitted a ticket at this point.

Nothing to be worried about I think. These kind of emails only have malicious content in their links, or attachments etc. Stuff you have to click and open up.
    edited December 2011
    People have complained before about not being notified of the reasons for being banned. There is a slight chance they're trying to implement such a thing now, PWE style (a.k.a. **** up completely).

Either that, or somebody managed to break into the ticketing database as suggested earlier in this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I had about 8 of these this morning, all concerning actual tickets I had sent. I opened them but then deleted them. Hopefully opening them won't cause an issue - I saw the titles on them that related to all of the tickets I had sent and assumed it *had* to be from PWI. After all, they don't just give out all that info...?

Guess someone has gotten into the ticket database.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I have also received this email, and it's concerning the ticket I opened up about the pillar pet being changed. It pretends like I opened the ticket on the first, when I definitely didn't and has my character name. Hovering over the link, it's trying to redirect me to a website that appears as though it's perfect world entertainments customer help center. Clearly though it isn't. Did you guys get ****. I'm actually legitimately nervous about this. It has a fake ticket number as well.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/fakevscamticket.jpg

Thats what I got.

In case you can't see the arrows this is the information that have correct.

Parature Creation Date: 2011-11-04t10:40:34.980z

That's the day I actually did open the ticket

Summary: my pillar pet is different

That's the summary I gave pwe in the real ticket. It even has the exact same lack of capitalization, and the exact same lack of punctuation. This isn't just what I said, it's exactly how I said it.

They also have my character name (VenusArmani), server (Dreamweaver (pve), and a fake ticket number.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Another one of those mails... ~__~

Seriously, this worries me. But can't do more than wait now heh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    i got 10 the last 3 hours changed my passwords jsut incase this worries me and alot more
  • MysticRaine - Sanctuary
    MysticRaine - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Three here too. All about tickets I have sent in the past. Email says I haven't replied for x amount of days so the ticket has been marked as solved. I thought these were closed ages ago.

Slightly worrying they know exactly what tickets I've sent though b:shocked

right how do they know the details of the tickets? only PWI GM or whoever deals with them should know anything about the tickets we have sumitted!
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    We can all rest assured that pwi will ignore this masive security breach, or make up some paltry excuse to swee it under the rug
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dezto - Harshlands
    Dezto - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Yeah PWI what the **** is this ****?

You are handing out our e-mail addresses or is this ****ty website so badly setup that people can actually extract that information from it?

I hope that other ****, like home addresses, phone numbers, etc. are actually kept private and encrypted (pwe and security lol..).

They actually have info about our e-mail, character name and ticket support issues.. What else might they have that they are not including in that e-mail?
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Nice to see how well PWE is protecting ppl's privacy... I haven't had one of those mails yet (but I didn't send in tickets for years either) but reading this seriously makes me worry about how safe our accounts actualy are... What if ppl can also somehow break into the system wich stores all our other account info including our passwords and such? Epic fail!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011

Edit :

8 now....

--

9 now...

You know, this makes me SERIOUSLY wonder if PWE's ticket system (and indeed, their ****ing database) is actually secure. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    This is most definitely a breach, I received an email like this as well.
    The email was sent to the email account i was using earlier in the year, but since have changed for other reasons.

It's seems as though it's not just tickets for pwi, but tickets for other pwe games as well. The email I gotten was about a ticket I sent for something that happened in fw. It seems to be tickets for just this year though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I sent a ticket a few hours ago (I know its a sunday so im not expecting a reply yet), who wants to bet il get a fake-ticket reply before a real one? b:laugh
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
    edited December 2011
    Just got another one, on the same issue. b:sweatb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I got 3 of these emails, and im very disappointed in pwi. Obviously their security failed, and yet no one has told us what happened or if they are fixing the issue. I'd like to know what is going on, considering they had all the information about the tickets I sent in months ago. Obviously someone can get into things they shouldn't, and I feel bad for people who gave their credit card info to pwi for gold. That's what I would be most worried about.
    I'm not worried about my address or anything, cause I don't live there anymore. Lol
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I got 3 of these emails, and im very disappointed in pwi. Obviously their security failed, and yet no one has told us what happened or if they are fixing the issue. I'd like to know what is going on, considering they had all the information about the tickets I sent in months ago. Obviously someone can get into things they shouldn't, and I feel bad for people who gave their credit card info to pwi for gold. That's what I would be most worried about.
    I'm not worried about my address or anything, cause I don't live there anymore. Lol

Don't expect a response till tomorrow, they don't work on the weekends. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2011

ITs the weekend, so we won't here anything until tomorrow. I wish they had some kind of emergency contact number they could give the mods and come into work and pull some overtime to fix things like these. :P This isn't a small issue, this is the security of the ticketing system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I forsee PWRD stock falling.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • _oshi_ - Archosaur
    _oshi_ - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Well that's concerning. I got 2 emails that say I wrote a ticket about NOT BEING ABLE TO SEND A TICKET. Didnt open them. What now? Any official news on what happened? O.o
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    ITs the weekend, so we won't here anything until tomorrow. I wish they had some kind of emergency contact number they could give the mods and come into work and pull some overtime to fix things like these. :P This isn't a small issue, this is the security of the ticketing system.
    They really should have someone working in case of emergencies or something. I know sometimes they can get a hold of Frankie and Frankie can get some kind of response on it on the weekends. This is one of those kind of emergency things. I guess if I ever wanted to break into the security system do it on a weekend.
    edited December 2011
    Still no shady e-mails here. Though, the last time I sent a ticket was like 2 years ago about a glitched makeover scroll (got a reply + refund the day after that).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.