Clerics more than just healers?

Options
2»

Comments

• Voidbreaker - Lost City
    Voidbreaker - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    barbs pull more damage with auto attacks than clerics can with casting skills, even with -50% channelling and demon spark.
    You can't kill me, I was born dead.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    barbs pull more damage with auto attacks than clerics can with casting skills, even with -50% channelling and demon spark.

Vit cleric vs vit barb - c'mon.
  • RadianceSky - Harshlands
    RadianceSky - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Thank You very much but as one of the posters said I am going with a mystic cause I like the skill animation heal/DD/support very versatile with summons for different situations again versatile and seeing the new skills I think mystics have a better healing capability than previously. So once again thanksb:thanksb:thanks much appreciated b:victoryb:victory
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    IH?! WHUT'S THAT? DOES IT DO DAMGE?! WHY DOES IT KEEP SHINEY LIGHT STUF ON ME?! ... qq
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    Vit cleric vs vit barb - c'mon.

On my clawbarb, when I'm in tiger form using same refined r8 wep as a cleric, just devour + regular attack will keep aggro from them. I doubt there's a lot of difference in damage with a vit barb.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    On my clawbarb, when I'm in tiger form using same refined r8 wep as a cleric, just devour + regular attack will keep aggro from them. I doubt there's a lot of difference in damage with a vit barb.

There is...

As a clawbarb, you have more strength and dexterity, which means more damage and critical rate. This translates to higher damage potential, which means it'd be much, much easier to hold aggro from a same level cleric with the same rank weapon refined to the same amount.

Vit barbs stat as many points as they can into vit, sacrificing damage for survivability. This leads to lower damage, low critical rate, and overall low damage output. They rely on their aggro skills to take and keep aggro, which is why aggro from barb skills is such a big deal with all of the high-level gear around.

Not to mention that almost all vit barbs go Sage, since HP is the goal and Sage True Form gives a 40% boost. This means that you're doing full damage in True Form while a Sage vit barb is still being nerfed.

Just some things to think over before you make assumptions again.b:mischievous
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Plus Vit barbs to the massive pulls in instances without worry and they're the ones you see pulling catas in tw.

My 90 barb with decent mountcrasher, (none refined past +5), can pull the long hall all the way to the shade and sit there waiting for the cleric to catch up without ticking the charm. It's only if he's taking an exceptionally long time that I bother to use Invoke.
    Over 16k hp with green TT90 FTW. b:victory

Last time I saw a claw barb trying to tank in 3-2, he didn't have the HP for the cleric to keep him alive. And that was just on Dark Colluseast.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Voidbreaker - Lost City
    Voidbreaker - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    demon barb ----> money

sage barb
    > cheap
    You can't kill me, I was born dead.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Plus Vit barbs to the massive pulls in instances without worry and they're the ones you see pulling catas in tw.

My 90 barb with decent mountcrasher, (none refined past +5), can pull the long hall all the way to the shade and sit there waiting for the cleric to catch up without ticking the charm. It's only if he's taking an exceptionally long time that I bother to use Invoke.
    Over 16k hp with green TT90 FTW. b:victory

Last time I saw a claw barb trying to tank in 3-2, he didn't have the HP for the cleric to keep him alive. And that was just on Dark Colluseast.

Same gear with level 10 buff gets my BM to 10k HP. Well, everything to +3, not +5. Warsoul helm at +8 and 2 Primevals and a Savant in it. I'm like 7.5k~ish HP without the Warsoul helm.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    There is...

As a clawbarb, you have more strength and dexterity, which means more damage and critical rate. This translates to higher damage potential, which means it'd be much, much easier to hold aggro from a same level cleric with the same rank weapon refined to the same amount.

Vit barbs stat as many points as they can into vit, sacrificing damage for survivability. This leads to lower damage, low critical rate, and overall low damage output. They rely on their aggro skills to take and keep aggro, which is why aggro from barb skills is such a big deal with all of the high-level gear around.

Not to mention that almost all vit barbs go Sage, since HP is the goal and Sage True Form gives a 40% boost. This means that you're doing full damage in True Form while a Sage vit barb is still being nerfed.

Just some things to think over before you make assumptions again.b:mischievous

I'd say "much, much easier" is a bit of an overstatement. First of all, not all vit barbs are sage, for demon vit barbs the difference would be 6% crit or so. I only have the 300 str required for r8 weapon, so I'd assume that's the same for a vit barb.

For a sage barb, taking into account the different damage bonuses from passive/buffs, you get the following increase in damage:
    source - Demon Sage
    300 str -	200%	200%
    pfang	-	50%	40%
    mastery	-	75%	100%
    buff	-	40%	50%
    tiger	-	0%	-50%
    total	-	365%	340%

SO a demon barb has a 4.65 dmg multiplier, and a sage barb a 4.4 dmg multiplier, thats a difference of 0.25 / 4.40 = 0.057. You're saying 5.7% more damage output makes keeping aggro "much, much easier". I think you're the one making assumptions here and not fully thinking things over.
  • EmeraldLight - Harshlands
    EmeraldLight - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Yea our very own soulburn, that's gonna be perfect for all aps lol. I'm kinda annoyed that Mystics get a aoe revive but hey, clerics get double damage mode! Woot! (At the price of not being able to heal self, good thing my endgame goal is 15k hp, can rely on a charm)

Edit: Oh you said 6, meh demon/sage revive come with no exp lost already, anyone below the levels of those revives don't have the right to complain about exp with all the new ways to speed level. It's most important for the clerics who dont get a res for themselves in squads, you selfish selfish beast you...
    How can you get so much hp?
  • ScarletMagix - Heavens Tear
    ScarletMagix - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I have a high lvl Cleric alt on my second account (and barb), its vital to buffing my main sin as well as healing/ resurrecting during HH solo runs.

However playing a cleric as a main is ancient history, much like every other class aside from Sins, BM's, and Mystics. b:sad

Why is this ancient history? they haven't been nerfed
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    How can you get so much hp?

http://pwcalc.com/af93259b33453233

At level 100+ This won't seem so impossible to do. It takes time when you don't use real money.

(For a possible outcome of the expansion I present my other thread.)

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1240631
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn