npced +10 lunar cape

Options
Northern - Dreamweaver
Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Okay, Pretty angry right now and I do admit to it somewhat being my fault for not double checking but...I don't understand how it could happen...That I sold my +10 lunar pack cape sharded with 4 vit stones to an freaking npc...an ended up wearing an npc cape I was trying to sell in with an entire inventory of npc gear.

Yes, I made a ticket, an yes, im an avid cash shoper...Still I have doubt about the customer support helping. Crappy thing is I don't have the money laying around to replace it.

So I go back to the npc an buy an npc cape. Even if you double click it once the npc sell window is open it doesnt unequipt an equipt, so I just don't get how the heck my lunar cape got itself unequipted
any idea on how a bound item unequipts itself with the npc trade window open an allows an npc cape to be equipted?
Post edited by Northern - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    it happens. just happens... sometimes laser mouse, sometimes something else.

just wait on the ticket. Most of the pple i know got their gears back when they NPCed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    My gear randomly un-equips sometimes when I open my inventory, not really sure how but it does. In any case, stuff like that is the reason I hold my mouse over items so I can see what exactly I'm selling, I accidentally put my TT100 fists in the sell area a few weeks ago but took 'em out before pressing sell xD
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You have my condolences.

I hope your ticket is successful.
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Wouldn't trying to sell a Lunar cape trigger the second dialog box as well?

The (paraphrasing) "do you want to sell this rare item" one?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

I think everyone ignores that now. Sort of like the Windows User Account Control dialog.
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think everyone ignores that now. Sort of like the Windows User Account Control dialog.

I suppose after the first couple of times, yeah, you're probably right.

Seems like the buy back option you see in some games can't come in soon enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    In your ticket do not claim any fault of your own and emphasize that the two capes are visually identical as they share the same icon. There is no reason for them needing to share the same icon and it is a fault in the design.

Part of lazy design is that mistakes are guaranteed to happen occasionally and it is the customer service team's responsibility to correct those mistakes.

I've been successful in all of my tickets and have had similar issues.

That is the same warning in selling an NPC quality item so there is no difference in expected behavior between selling the **** cape and an actual rare cape.

That window is just lazy ****. Imagine how useful that stupid window would be if it also specified the name of the item it considered 'rare'...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Itori - Lost City
    Itori - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

Yeaaahhh

Funny to see it when trying to sell an XTC card...

>.>

<.<
    -
    But it happens, I think if you use a binding charm you cant npc that gear, not sure, but if thats true you might want to use one if you get your cape back so it doesnt happen again?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no shame in losing when there is no honor in winning.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I know another game where NPCs let you buy back stuff you sold to them up to like a day later (at a slightly higher price). Too bad PWI is lazyyyyyy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    well it was a bound lunar pack type cape. The really weird thing is on my other toon I cannot reproduce it. Once the trade window is open, I can't get it to unequipt without actually going up to my character doll to unequipt it and I most certainly did not do that. I really hope they can fix it. Made me sick to my stomach. Sure I have spent a few thousand on the game, but currnetly I'm not having tons of extra cash to spend.
    Should I avoid the account untill I hear back from them, or just try to keep playing?
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    when u sell something rare, it will say"This is a rare item, are you sure you want to sell it"
    if you didnt double check after that, though luck. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Even when you lagg you have a chance to sell something by mistake when you are at npc .
    I guess PWE Team like to be spammed with tickets from ppl who sold stuff by mistake instead to add a new menu on npc as "Buy Back" option b:laugh
    Is it so hard for Wanmei to make a BUY BACK option ?

Most online games have this option b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    if they make a buy back button you will have to w8 like a day be4 you get your dq points thoas ppl would use it to get more for free
  • WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver
    WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    that does sound like odd behavior, especially as you can't reproduce the effect. Is it possible that you had accidentally switched the capes before opening the NPC sell box? Perhaps while you were checking it's stats, you accidentally right clicked it and didn't notice.
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    oops.
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    if they make a buy back button you will have to w8 like a day be4 you get your dq points thoas ppl would use it to get more for free

Well, at least this option should be only for gear.
    or
    Items can be flaged for different purposes. One of these should be able to buy back or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Make all your non-tradable/sellable gears bound so you can`t even npc them, problem solved, did it with all my gear just in case i do something stupid.
  • hellaflush110
    hellaflush110 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    b:shocked
  • _Soren - Dreamweaver
    _Soren - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    hope your ticket gets successful and get your cape back. I would go crazy if that would happen to me. Good luck b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • michama
    michama Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I've probably done a similar thing as u... npced my Glorious Robe:Torment........ i think. Some time ago, i was cleaning inventory and moving gears through Account Stash. But yickhhh... cape missing. it was +7 with 2 citrine gem. Looked through all my characters in that account, couldnt find it. I qqed in wc and to my friends. The answer that i got from friends is.... bad luck, although cape say Unable to be Traded. That doesnt meant that is bound. Only gears that your have use binding charm or it say Binding charm, will be bound. Unable to be traded just means that u cant sell to other person, but yeah.......... npcable unfortunately. But i put in a ticket n qq like hell to support. LOL. Got reply from gm in few days, they mail me a Wing Trophy. So... good news is... i can have a new Glorious Robe: Torment. Bad new is ..... ITS BRAND NEW. No refinement or shards. Have to redo whole thing again. I've heard from friends, rank gears not bound either, only unable to be traded. So bettter bind them or make sure it says Binding Charm. Good luck
  • Eyestabyew - Heavens Tear
    Eyestabyew - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I did something similar not too long ago, no idea how it happened.

I had a 3 socket rank 8 +5 sharded chest armor.

I had been buying a new one every day for about 5 days, trying to get 4 sockets. Suddenly one day someone asks me why I have no shards or refines on my armor?

I was wearing one of the pieces with **** stats and only 3 sockets, I meant to npc. This means I must have npc'd mine .. but how did it happen? I still have no clue, I figured it was my stupidity and simply right clicked it.
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    yeah< I figure I must have somehow right clicked it, but I went right up to the black smith outside of where you tele out of abadon and went up to trade. With the trade window open you cant click something to equipt/unequipt it. I only realized that I did it cause my life was extremely low.

My hope is they will be able to find it an give it back. It is even worse to happen while it is 2x. Had it did it to my rank 9 part I would have for sure just quit the game if they don't make it right. Still is hard mentally grasp how much money Ill have to spend to replace it just to get back to 5aps. the cape itself ~55 mill 4x vit gems~120mill refine 1-10 ~100mill so essentially like throwing away 250$
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Seems like the buy back option you see in some games can't come in soon enough.

This... ^ is good idea.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    you will get it back... i npc'd a large number of illusion stones thinking they were sacred mother's stones lol and i got all of them back. just make sure you include the date and time you npc'd them in your ticket to help customer support out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    that does sound like odd behavior, especially as you can't reproduce the effect. Is it possible that you had accidentally switched the capes before opening the NPC sell box? Perhaps while you were checking it's stats, you accidentally right clicked it and didn't notice. (meaning u right clicked the junk cape switchign them before you went to sell)

^ That's the only thing that makes sense to me.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    My guess is that you right clicked a piece of npc gear and it equipped it, placing your gear into the inventory slot that formerly contained the npc gear. The worst thing that can happen is if they look the same...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • _Ametrine - Sanctuary
    _Ametrine - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    A friend of mine npc'd his claws by accident, submitted a ticket, and it took a little time but they did get them back for him, however they were not the ones sold....what he recieved in mail was unrefined and unsharded.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    A friend of mine npc'd his claws by accident, submitted a ticket, and it took a little time but they did get them back for him, however they were not the ones sold....what he recieved in mail was unrefined and unsharded.

That's bullsht because when I sent a ticket about NPC a weapon, they just told me Too bad.
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yeah somehow I much have unequipted my lunar cape an equipted the crappy npc gear before the trade window opened, because once the trade window is up-> it won't let you do it by clicking the item in lower inventory. I just don't get how that happened. I don't even look at the stats on drop gear, because it doesn't matter, they aren't ever going to be worth more than npcing.

I managed to sell my cannies I had farmed an got a new cape, however it isn't 4 socket, it isn't +10, and it doesn't have four vit 10 gems in it. Year an a half ago I'd have just cash shoped it all back, but this year was injured on the job an out of work, so cash shopping isnt an option atm. I still hope they will give back my old cape, in all honesty, probably shouldn't be able to npc anything over +5 without a 24 hour waiting period.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    That's bullsht because when I sent a ticket about NPC a weapon, they just told me Too bad.

lol i saw a post on here a month ago or something where someone npc'ed their +10 or 12 decides. Least i think it was decides but i know it was a weapon. Not only did they get them back, but they got back REFINED and SHARDED ones.

It's funny... just like every other MMO i played it seems EVERY GM has a DIFFERENT rule book.