npced +10 lunar cape

Options
2»

Comments

• krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lol i saw a post on here a month ago or something where someone npc'ed their +10 or 12 decides. Least i think it was decides but i know it was a weapon. Not only did they get them back, but they got back REFINED and SHARDED ones.

It's funny... just like every other MMO i played it seems EVERY GM has a DIFFERENT rule book.

The only case where I've seen that happen is when a player is scammed by another player. The item isn't destroyed like it is when sold to an NPC, it's just changing hands. Now, if that player chooses to sell the item they scammed from another player, the scammed player would be out of luck.b:surrender
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    EVERY GM has a DIFFERENT rule book.

Exactly. If you get a ''no'' from a ticket, just try again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    The only case where I've seen that happen is when a player is scammed by another player. The item isn't destroyed like it is when sold to an NPC, it's just changing hands. Now, if that player chooses to sell the item they scammed from another player, the scammed player would be out of luck.b:surrender

I actually remember not too long ago, a post was made by someone who accidentally sold their gear to an NPC, and the item was restored back to them not long after. I wonder if I can find it...
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I actually remember not too long ago, a post was made by someone who accidentally sold their gear to an NPC, and the item was restored back to them not long after. I wonder if I can find it...

Do you mean the guy that NPCed his rank 9 chest? I believe he got it back yes, but unrefined/sharded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Okay, Pretty angry right now and I do admit to it somewhat being my fault for not double checking but...I don't understand how it could happen...That I sold my +10 lunar pack cape sharded with 4 vit stones to an freaking npc...an ended up wearing an npc cape I was trying to sell in with an entire inventory of npc gear.

Yes, I made a ticket, an yes, im an avid cash shoper...Still I have doubt about the customer support helping. Crappy thing is I don't have the money laying around to replace it.

So I go back to the npc an buy an npc cape. Even if you double click it once the npc sell window is open it doesnt unequipt an equipt, so I just don't get how the heck my lunar cape got itself unequipted
    any idea on how a bound item unequipts itself with the npc trade window open an allows an npc cape to be equipted?

Forget about ticket. They will never return to you. My daughter sold accidentally my protection belt from IV. OHT map. Do you think they returned it? NO!!! we discussing in circles and all what they do for you is just they give you advice "be careful what you selling." That's all. Service of this game is JUST HORRIBLE!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Forget about ticket. They will never return to you. My daughter sold accidentally my protection belt from IV. OHT map. Do you think they returned it? NO!!! we discussing in circles and all what they do for you is just they give you advice "be careful what you selling." That's all. Service of this game is JUST HORRIBLE!!!
    its not PWIs customer service at fault when you gave access your account/items to someone other than you. Daughter, dad, aunt, cousin, or dog, it was your own risk >> im willing to bet they (customer service) also mentioned this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Okay, Pretty angry right now and I do admit to it somewhat being my fault for not double checking but...I don't understand how it could happen...That I sold my +10 lunar pack cape sharded with 4 vit stones to an freaking npc...an ended up wearing an npc cape I was trying to sell in with an entire inventory of npc gear.

Yes, I made a ticket, an yes, im an avid cash shoper...Still I have doubt about the customer support helping. Crappy thing is I don't have the money laying around to replace it.

So I go back to the npc an buy an npc cape. Even if you double click it once the npc sell window is open it doesnt unequipt an equipt, so I just don't get how the heck my lunar cape got itself unequipted
    any idea on how a bound item unequipts itself with the npc trade window open an allows an npc cape to be equipted?

This is why you buy additional binding charms and bind NPCable end-game gear.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Yeah, I did go an bind everything with binding scrolls. Did't think it necesarry since im in a pve server an not in pk mode ever-->and never let anyone else play on my account. Still it is a horrible thing as obviously it will be expensive to replace if i ever do. I certainly didn't mean to npc it or even take it off my character for that matter.

.The ticket used to say open i the status. Now it is saying work in progress...maybe they will actually give it back, not like I have not spent enough money on this game-->also this is like my only issue for a ticket since 09'
  • Nyxyo - Harshlands
    Nyxyo - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i sold to npc my dagger hitman legend +11 ...was in hurry i press to fix it...lag a bit maybe ..i press sell all and when run back in tt never find it again b:sadsad day

what was weird is that i did ticket and all i ever got was "pls be more careful in future"
    and same time i know ppl who got their item back....maybe is something random or duno .... i was getting rank9 dagger so wasn't much pain but still wanted to have my oll dagger back..
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I've noticed that it's most important to get to talk with a GM directly ingame. The first threatment your tickets seem to get is to try send you packing. I didn't send an amazing amount of tickets, but all started with a "sorry, that's not in our power/your own fault" but ended with fixing the problem.

I'm sure you got a screenshot of your cape somewhere. Make sure to insist on the fact that the icons of gear are all similar, that litterally EVERYTHING is a "rare item" which makes the warning useless, that nobody would willingly npc a piece of endgame gear, and that you are a long time costumer who doesn't send tickets often (maybe never) but now really has a problem.

If you got a screenshot of your cape, and you aren't someone who send a multitude of tickets on insignificant issues, it would surprise me if they won't help you at all.
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Yes, I actually did get help from the support people. They did want screen shots of the gear(advise everyone to ss thier stuff) and also the aprox dat,time,npc where it was last upgraded. I also suspect I would not have recieved help except I had never made a ticket for help in like the nearly three years I have played this game.I don't really care that it took awhile. Everything will now have binding scrolls used on it.
    Thank you pwi officials.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Yes, I actually did get help from the support people. They did want screen shots of the gear(advise everyone to ss thier stuff) and also the aprox dat,time,npc where it was last upgraded. I also suspect I would not have recieved help except I had never made a ticket for help in like the nearly three years I have played this game.I don't really care that it took awhile. Everything will now have binding scrolls used on it.
    Thank you pwi officials.

Great to hear congrats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Lunar Cape from packs bound on equip, which would render it unable to be npc'ed?

In any case, I've logged in on multiple occasions to find I suddenly have equipped gear dropped by mobs that had been sitting in my inventory, as well as some of my hotkeys replaced with various items in my inventory: DQ items, gear(including gear I can't even equip) mats, etc. I've also randomly had my gear unequip itself while fighting mobs(And my inventory was NOT open at the time, so no way I could have accidentally clicked it). I honestly think it's a bug in the game, so we likely won't ever see it fixed.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Lunar Cape from packs bound on equip, which would render it unable to be npc'ed?

In any case, I've logged in on multiple occasions to find I suddenly have equipped gear dropped by mobs that had been sitting in my inventory, as well as some of my hotkeys replaced with various items in my inventory: DQ items, gear(including gear I can't even equip) mats, etc. I've also randomly had my gear unequip itself while fighting mobs(And my inventory was NOT open at the time, so no way I could have accidentally clicked it). I honestly think it's a bug in the game, so we likely won't ever see it fixed.

Once you make the cape it's unable to be traded or discard, you don't have to equip it, but it doesn't bind. You can still sell it to an NPC.
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I know another game where NPCs let you buy back stuff you sold to them up to like a day later (at a slightly higher price). Too bad PWI is lazyyyyyy

And they make you wait a week to delete a character. b:angry
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    if they make a buy back button you will have to w8 like a day be4 you get your dq points thoas ppl would use it to get more for free

They could make it for TT green or Yellow or Orange items only.
    That would cover mats, and gear that's high level and lvl 11 shards and up.
    This is why I got all my R9 stuff bound!
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Funny thing is they lied-go figure...They told me in the support ticket that they would put it on my character in the next maint period. So I go log on chect every toon in the acount and it is not there. Next I go to the support page and find it is all redone, and it won't let me reopen the ticket to look at it.

Seems pretty mess up and Im of course mad now. Wish I could go back to the day before this last patch.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Funny thing is they lied-go figure...They told me in the support ticket that they would put it on my character in the next maint period. So I go log on chect every toon in the acount and it is not there. Next I go to the support page and find it is all redone, and it won't let me reopen the ticket to look at it.

Seems pretty mess up and Im of course mad now. Wish I could go back to the day before this last patch.

Told me this before too, are you sure that you clicked something like "accept solution" or something like that, i didn't get my cape once too because i overlooked the "accept solution" button. After a day that i clicked "accept solution" the GM delivered me my cape personally.

Now that we are on the binding topic, You can NPC your rank gear, lunar capes etc. They say cannot be traded etc, however they don't say BINDING charm, like Nirvy, tt99, cloudcharger does. You have to go and buy binding charms to bind your lunar capes and rank gear to make it that you cant NPC it. Make sure you do that next time. Make sure it says BINDING CHARM.

As for random unequips, i get that too, but i believe its because when you change your view with right-click and your inventory is open, if you let go of right-click and the cursor was on an equipped item, it will unequipped. Fail game mechanics ijs.
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ok, oddly enough-they still lied, but they did attemp to fix it...Today my catshop got booted and I log on to find the gave me a +10 2 socket cape with 4 vit stones in my inventory. I geuss the 2600 stones to add the sockets an the 4 mill in coins to imbue the gems is not so bad a loss, but it is super wierd they stoped short. Now my only issue is should I bother to put the same gems into it since they left them in my inventory.....
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Cannot be traded doesn't equal cannot be sold to npc. Best example is your chronos key, were both and more are written on it.

Still, glad that you got some (half) help there.
  • Khalessi - Dreamweaver
    Khalessi - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    My gear randomly un-equips sometimes when I open my inventory, not really sure how but it does. In any case, stuff like that is the reason I hold my mouse over items so I can see what exactly I'm selling, I accidentally put my TT100 fists in the sell area a few weeks ago but took 'em out before pressing sell xD

this also happens to me all the time. I did it one time on my veno with her tt 70gear. Can't compae that to your loss, but atm it was all she had. Hope you get your gear back.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    this also happens to me all the time. I did it one time on my veno with her tt 70gear. Can't compae that to your loss, but atm it was all she had. Hope you get your gear back.

I didn't actually sell them, they were in the sell area but I noticed before pressing sell and put them back in my inventory. They're bound anyway so I can't lose them unless I unbind them :P Losing them would suck though.. since they're +10 with garnet gems D:
  • Shadowphreak - Lost City
    Shadowphreak - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
    Evolution: Dungeon Master > Bards Tale > Ultima > Archlord > Perfect World

Leader of faction: REJECTED | Recruiting FUBAR players since 2010 |FREE BEER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]