Seeker in Nirvana runs

Options

Comments

• Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    QPQ sage version has a cooldown of 45sec, vs lv10/demon with 60sec. I'm sure that is what she was referring to.

Beside, with how easy it is to get R8, I'm sure they can switch weapon during cooldown if they have acces to it. Also apply to when they don't feel or need to be transferring debuff to target.

Yea sage has the shorter cooldown allowing the quicker use, and yea i suppose with R8 priced at 72 gold it would be easy to switch between.

i was just referring to solely using a T99 Berserk blade, after triggering the buff/ debuff and QPQ your pretty likely to trigger it again within the 60 secs putting you at a disadvantage but using it as a switch between for a free 25% Amp for 10 secs would help but it would be in situations were your trying to amp the target for other people, wouldn't be worth the time to trigger and QPQ when you could prob do more damage with the R8.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Just so everyone is aware, this is currently being reviewed as to whether or not it should be allowed.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Just so everyone is aware, this is currently being reviewed as to whether or not it should be allowed.

Reallly? Because it's just using the skill description for it's natural PvE uses. And how would they even enforce it, if it wasn't allowed? Its supposed to transfer debuffs, who cares where the debuff came from. And how would they enforce it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ibn a nerf which buffs can be transfered kitty let gms also nerf wiz undine plz or actually any debuff
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Reallly? Because it's just using the skill description for it's natural PvE uses. And how would they even enforce it, if it wasn't allowed?

Don't ask me, I'm just relaying the message. And I would assume it's because you're using it to put a debuff on a boss that was never intended to be affected by that debuff.

Again, this is just under review anyway, I have no details about the legality or illegality of it.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Don't ask me, I'm just relaying the message. And I would assume it's because you're using it to put a debuff on a boss that was never intended to be affected by that debuff.

Again, this is just under review anyway, I have no details about the legality or illegality of it.

b:surrender Yeah I know, it's just a bit surprising to hear. Since they aren't actually glitching anything, it's just the devs didn't think clearly about balance once again before putting something into the game. Like interval.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Options
    b:surrender Yeah I know, it's just a bit surprising to hear. Since they aren't actually glitching anything, it's just the devs didn't think clearly about balance once again before putting something into the game. Like interval.

It could be determined that this was how the skill is intended to work, I don't know. I'm just throwing a heads-up to everyone doing it that it's under review.
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i for 1 hope they dont do naything to the way this skill is intended we already have had to many nerfs : heart shatter,mind shatter,soul shatter and adrenal numbness if they put Quid Pro Quo onto this it would be to much.But lets see how this goes
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lol, there's so many rules that aren't enforced. If they can't keep people from ini editing, how the hell do they wanna control seeker using a single skill?

Sorry, but that's just funny :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lol, there's so many rules that aren't enforced. If they can't keep people from ini editing, how the hell do they wanna control seeker using a single skill?

Sorry, but that's just funny :P

My thought would be that they would fix it so that bosses that can't be HF'ed and amp'ed normally also couldn't have the de-buffs transferred to them.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Only thing I could see them considering as an exploit, is being able to "duel" in the instance. But transfering debuffs shouldnt be messed with-
    re
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I don't see how dueling in an instance is an exploit, you can duel in most the other instances, and I've always seen ppl dueling in instances, nothing new here.
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'd grab the 95% hp debuff from cube room 14. I think that lasts 60 seconds. Might be able to make it with tele stones

EDIT: Squad signet instead of tele stone.

Doesn't work. To use a squad signet, you cannot be in combat mode. Also, any sort of attack interrupts the squad signet, as I recall. In order to get the debuff, you have to go into combat mode. Same with teleport stones, can't use when in combat mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    welp looks like another "tactic" the dev's will fix isince u know nirv does bring profit,profit brings gold buyers..actually to be honest i think the high rolling coin people make the cs'ers buy the gold to sell..so hats off to our epic billionars ingame its you tht keep the game going.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Doesn't work. To use a squad signet, you cannot be in combat mode. Also, any sort of attack interrupts the squad signet, as I recall. In order to get the debuff, you have to go into combat mode. Same with teleport stones, can't use when in combat mode.

seeker can go out that room in 2 sec using blade affinity> town portal should work if they use telestone right after to go to wavebreaker camp but to much of a hussle from it
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I don't see how dueling in an instance is an exploit, you can duel in most the other instances, and I've always seen ppl dueling in instances, nothing new here.

Mhm, nothing new---just a class that can transfer buff is "new" lol--- Like I said, if they to consider anything an exploit, they should consider that dueling in instances as one at most- Not nerf our skills.
    re
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Dosnt "Inflict" the debuffs, it Transfers it, big difference. b:chuckle

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/9341/37980084.png

The Effects have already been activated, resisted or not before they are transferred.

for 1 second? so the debuff goes to the target for 1 second... i dont think it makes a big difference. wouldnt make a seeker more usefull or less usefull in my opinion. 2 bms would be much better on bosses that you can hf on. 2x the glacial spike or a veno would b better, hell a cleric with dimensional seal would b better or barb devour.

again i dont know much about seekers but just reading the skill of the picture above.
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Options
    for 1 second? so the debuff goes to the target for 1 second... i dont think it makes a big difference. wouldnt make a seeker more usefull or less usefull in my opinion. 2 bms would be much better on bosses that you can hf on. 2x the glacial spike or a veno would b better, hell a cleric with dimensional seal would b better or barb devour.

again i dont know much about seekers but just reading the skill of the picture above.

The debuff lasts until it's supposed to go away as determined by the debuff skill/level of the skill. The silence is what lasts for 1 second.b:chuckle
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

can you relay our message to whoevers saying that, that the players here think there is other far more important things that need to be changed besides a DDwannabe-classes' puny skill usage that doesnt even amount to much like a split end on a hair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    a DDwannabe-classes' puny skill usage that doesnt even amount to much like a split end on a hair.

If you've PvP'd on a Seeker and you knew what you were doing, you know how useful and sometimes "OP" this skill is. Period. I can say for a fact that without this skill it'd be a LOT easier to kill me as a Sin, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

QPQ makes a huge difference in PvP, and potentially in PvE as well.

I.E transferring the Zombie Legion Marshal in GV's half HP debuff back to him, transferring back soulburn, undine, HF (say hello to the reason Seekers can score so high on damage rankings), nix bleed (that's hilarious), Archer immobilize, Sin immobilize, etc.

But it would be nice to convince the devs that this skill was near useless.. I would be extremely upset if it got nerfed.
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If you've PvP'd on a Seeker and you knew what you were doing, you know how useful and sometimes "OP" this skill is. Period. I can say for a fact that without this skill it'd be a LOT easier to kill me as a Sin, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

QPQ makes a huge difference in PvP, and potentially in PvE as well.

I.E transferring the Zombie Legion Marshal in GV's half HP debuff back to him, transferring back soulburn, undine, HF (say hello to the reason Seekers can score so high on damage rankings), nix bleed (that's hilarious), Archer immobilize, Sin immobilize, etc.

But it would be nice to convince the devs that this skill was near useless.. I would be extremely upset if it got nerfed.
    read the post and look at which side im actually tryin to argue for before you just jump in.

good lord you just gave an even more legit reason to justify what the devs are 'thinking' to do
    if your gonna be extremely upset if it gets nerfed, its not wise to blurt out something thats the exact opposite of modesty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Can a seeker can time QPQ to transfer the silence debuff from expel to a boss?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited November 2011
    Options

Afraid not I've tried it :( Best you can do is crimson soul powders 33% HF for 15 seconds, TT99 greens berserk effect, Cube HP Debuff (have someone waiting at a WB or GB NPC, debuff yourself BA Town portal, teleport stone anywhere then Squad Signet)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Why aren't people happy with teh already existing in-game mechanism ??

Nirvana not easy enough for u 4-5 aps to blaze through it , u have to find a way to "bend the rules" to hf a non hf-able boss ?

Continue finding things like that people and game will become bad..

Who bended the rules to glicth the goons in FC ?

Who got punished ? Other players by having the exp they give reduced..

So now what, u want a nerf on that seeker skill ?

Hey, since u want to mix debuffs in cube as well in there, let's see another plausible scenario...

Seeker has a wife in game, and close connection skill from 300 hearts..

Seeker logs out his char in room 14 while wife tries to find a world boss..

Wife finds world boss, seeker logs, egts 95% hp debuff, tp's out, uses close connection, inflicts 95% hp damage to world boss.

There, u want to bend the rules, i'll help you :P

Edited : Not encouraging people to glicth or whatnot, just showing how ridicoulus proportions this thing can become.. Stops freakign trying to bend the rules..

I hope you mods/gm's dopn't ban me for this post, I just want to show how trick and bending can take this too far..

So what now, they will make all bosses in nirvana immune to all debuffs ? Nice going people, really...
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited November 2011
    Options

Continue finding things like that people and game will become bad..

Who bended the rules to glicth the goons in FC ?

I just thought i would point out why this is different to glitching goons in fc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I just thought i would point out why this is different to glitching goons in fc.

I see ur point,but to me, putting a status effect on a boss that ain't suppose to be affected by it = Glitch too :)
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

Yes, and this works very well in PvP as well. Just expel yourself during the channeling period. If you practice with the timing on this, then it becomes easy, and you can move onto more challenging things like learning to time QPQ near perfectly to transfer back a Sin's throatcut, which cancels channeling.
    read the post and look at which side im actually tryin to argue for before you just jump in.

good lord you just gave an even more legit reason to justify what the devs are 'thinking' to do
    if your gonna be extremely upset if it gets nerfed, its not wise to blurt out something thats the exact opposite of modesty.
    Deceptistar, in my last two sentences, I was in fact acknowledging that I knew what you were trying to do. It's not like Kritty's going to take my post and copy paste it to the devs, telling them, "THIS NEEDS TO BE NERFED."

I can see where you got the assumption that I was trying to argue, but that wasn't my goal at all. The examples in my post were more aimed towards those who didn't see the sarcasm in your original post.
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yes, and this works very well in PvP as well. Just expel yourself during the channeling period. If you practice with the timing on this, then it becomes easy, and you can move onto more challenging things like learning to time QPQ near perfectly to transfer back a Sin's throatcut, which cancels channeling.

Deceptistar, in my last two sentences, I was in fact acknowledging that I knew what you were trying to do. It's not like Kritty's going to take my post and copy paste it to the devs, telling them, "THIS NEEDS TO BE NERFED."

I can see where you got the assumption that I was trying to argue, but that wasn't my goal at all. The examples in my post were more aimed towards those who didn't see the sarcasm in your original post.

i stand corrected, good job never thought of that lol b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cocoa_Buff - Raging Tide
    Cocoa_Buff - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    seekers are great in Nirvana.do the math and then tell me how a veno is better...

1. sage soulshatter on any HF able boss increases that effect 150% as it is a fire skill
    2. sage northern sky waltz places a -20 def level debuff on ANY boss in Nirvana
    3. sage soulsever places - 10 attack/def level on ANY boss
    4. smart seekers come in with Crimson Blood Powder which,when used,places a 33% HF-like effect on said seeker,who can then use QPQ to transfer that to ANY boss
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    seekers are great in Nirvana.do the math and then tell me how a veno is better...

[*]sage soulshatter on any HF able boss increases that effect 150% as it is a fire skill
    [*]sage northern sky waltz places a -20 def level debuff on ANY boss in Nirvana
    [*]sage soulsever places - 10 attack/def level on ANY boss

[*]smart seekers duel BMs to get an 100% curse on the seeker,who can then use QPQ to transfer that to ANY boss

wrong, it makes the damage the skill does 150% not the curse
    boss is usually dead by the time it procs
    fixed it for you so it works

Things a veno can do (demon/sage)
    25/30% amp
    0/40% p-def reduction (demons can get a pet to cast a -38% (?) pdef reduc while demon ironwood aintprocing)
    bramble (not like it does much but its something)
    pass chi
    Look sexy :3

though honestly I'd rather go to caster NV as a veno for better drops :3

G-dammit can PWI fix thier forums I keep getting the rgb codes when trying for colors
    I <3 A lot of people