Skill Upgrades

Options
WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver
WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Archer
So the new expansion announced has promised that the skills of all ten races will be upgraded/enhanced. What are you hoping to see for our favorite class?

Personally I hope for a new squad buff that will make we archers desirable for squads againb:pleased
Post edited by WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i want something like summer sprint o.o but for archers
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I want stormrage to get a text update that describes its true function.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    A distance shrink.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Totally digging the idea of a useful buff. Even if added an increase to squad members accuracy on top of speed increase and dodge. I would also like to see the speed bonus change icon so it could stack with other speed bonuses instead of being overwritten. A heal would be nice, too.
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Totally digging the idea of a useful buff. Even if added an increase to squad members accuracy on top of speed increase and dodge. I would also like to see the speed bonus change icon so it could stack with other speed bonuses instead of being overwritten. A heal would be nice, too.

lol if archer speed buff had diff icon to other speed icons im pretty sure a 15 m/sec veno would be easy to get if we can alrdy get 10.4 w/ just demon fox and demon sprint. an added +2 speed from ur average archer buff would be abit much xD. running at 12/13 m/sec would be fun but too much.
    as well as for barbs being able to reach 10 + m/sec with lv11 tiger and archer buff, not even considering sins getting an instant 10.4 from their lv10 sprints giving them more is overkill on an alrdy problem class x.x
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    - A basic stealth. I thought a1on did a good job having a basic stealth for ranger and a full stealth for sin. Also an increased ability to see stealth, better than other classes and worse than sins.

- A sleep arrow skill.

- Something that promotes something other than normal attacking. Such as an attack that boosts all skill damage by x for x seconds.

- Different stances. Only one is usable at a time and there's no duration. One could lower defense but increase damage or maybe increase range but decrease damage/accuracy. Could also have one that increases defense but also increases our melee reduction range. Maybe have different ones for the two cultis.

- Something that could guarantee next x attacks will not miss, could also be time based.

- A physical/metal attack.

- A pve passive for bows that discourages fist use.

- A line aoe would be nice. Makes sense that an arrow shot could go through people :o

- An evade skill that could evade the next phys or magic attack.

- Either change the fire buff or add a 4-5second cast skill that makes your normal attacks fire damage instead of physical for 30 seconds.

Just what I can think of right now. Obviously I don't want all of them I just thought some of these could make the class more exciting and promote different playstyles. Archers are a pretty one dimensional class if you want to maximize its efficiency at a theoretical top level. Come to think of it, almost all classes are.

Also, these are all with pvp in mind, even the pve passive one.
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    To bring archers in line with the more recent classes some major updates are needed. Here are my thoughts.

New Skills:

Eagle Eye : Use the sharp eyes of feathered friends to pierce through stealth. Temporarily increases Detection Level.

Wing Leap: sprout magic wings that instantly zoom you 12 meters back.

Sharp Beak: Embrace a squad in your shimmering wings. Increases crit rate for all squad members for 30 minutes.

Power Arrows: Temporarily increase the range of ranged weapon attacks.

Updates:

Flight mastery applied to all wings (the winged folk should be fastest in the air)

Certain Skill's damages should be based on multiples of base or weapon damage rather than fixed numbers.

Make Stormrage awesome somehow.

If something like this happened I would reinstall the game get all the gear from my sin and start playing again.

b:victory
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    A distance shrink.

support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Making Storm range an AoE and increasing the DoT Damage (Maybe 330-500% weapon damage over 30 seconds) would probably help it a lot. Plus, make out squad buff have a separate icon for the speed buff so it stacks and/or isn't dispelled by Holy path/Alacrity.

Was thinking of two sort of exclusive buffs, that kinda work like Chill. One which increases Crit and accuracy, but reduces attack speed. The other that increases attack speed, but drops accuracy, and to a lesser extent, crit. Sage version would make the buff more powerful, while Demon would reduce the penalty.

Also, we should have Sharp observer passive and be able to use daggers
  • Vicarcher - Heavens Tear
    Vicarcher - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ok we are alredy a good class but a revamp is exeptional i would QQ of jow to see us get a distance shrink of sorts at least 12+ b:dirty or a speed boost/ extra anti stun or an extra sleep or stun arrow honsetly a sleep arrow would make us the best class sleep and we use one of our metal skills then stun then more metal or just mroe metela atks i think that did a nice job
  • Vicarcher - Heavens Tear
    Vicarcher - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    To bring archers in line with the more recent classes some major updates are needed. Here are my thoughts.

New Skills:

Eagle Eye : Use the sharp eyes of feathered friends to pierce through stealth. Temporarily increases Detection Level.

Sharp Beak: Embrace a squad in your shimmering wings. Increases crit rate for all squad members for 30 minutes.

Updates:

Flight mastery applied to all wings (the winged folk should be fastest in the air)

Certain Skill's damages should be based on multiples of base or weapon damage rather than fixed numbers.

If something like this happened I would reinstall the game get all the gear from my sin and start playing again.

i am very suportive of any of these skills they are all great ideas they are EXEPTIONAL the crit buff may be a bit much tho and stormrage not a big fan
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

It is already, just nobody knows how.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

New Skills:

Updates:

lol, if that's not Sci-Fi, I don't know what is. I'm sure everyone loves one of two classes they mostly play, but let's be realistic: Skills and their effect is not what ruined this game and have nothing to do with the current 90% sin population that's running around on servers.

Lets try to see the big picture here. Sure, would be nice to have some improvements on the old classes skills, but that won't change the fact that PvE is 4 sins 1 bm 1 cleric setup most of the time, and the rest of the time is usually less sins or no BM. And the cleric is actually a buff slave of one of the sins.
    As long as a sin/BM can do about 14-15 times more dps than any of the magic classes, adding some pvp oriented skills here and there is useless. Yeah, it might make a few happy here and there, but won't fix the general issue: wanna do something in this game? you NEED an aps toon. Best of them all by miles? Sin. Once you have it why work on gearing up other toons? why not just improve this one until there's no margin left? And this mechanic gives birth to +12 r9 alts used to boost e-peen and enhance the feeling this is actually more of a RPG than a MMORPG.
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Because some people don't want to play sins in TW.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Chaialyna - Dreamweaver
    Chaialyna - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Because some people don't want to play sins in TW.

Or at all.

/heresy
    * Celestial Demon Archer * Celestial Sage Psychic * Maybe Sage Assassin * Finally Sage Wizard *
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Have sins be able to use HF and BM's use BP as their own extra skills b:pleased. Otherwise we'll see the skills when we see them.

I do hope they can be lvled skill like from lvl 1~demon/sage and not like the 79/100 skills from apoc/chrono pages.
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'd like kockback arrow to work in pvp 100%.
    also..

wingspan to have a 50% chance to knockback enemy and make urself immune to immobolization for 8 seconds.
    winged pledge xx% chance to seal the enemy 5 seconds.
    thdunder shock 10-20% chance to reduce metal defence to 0.
    winged shell could get a boost to affect nowdays gear.. like increase defence lvl by 10-15 for 30 seconds.

and/or new skill.. make target unable to stealth for 15 seconds.

stormage eagleon should be tweaked and **** the slow effect.. and instead make it like.. reduce targets attack and defence lvls 50% for 12 seconds. ( crazy debuff.. but its 2 sparks and short duration i'd say)
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    that 50% attk/def lvl for 15 sec...that's ...an eternity and it's broken. Plus in PvE it's your own personal HF + turtle. You really don't see anything broken in that? 3 sec maybe, but even that's a lot and I have big doubts about even that being fair. That's a huge *** debuff, basically making you receive 50% less dmg and dealing 50% more at the same time. At 1.xx attk/sec I say even 3 seconds is a lot of time. Spark + that thing would be...I don't even want to go that far.
    Would be nice if all knock-back skill would work in PvP, I'm all for that.

And if they introduce new skills , I could bet this toon's account those will be endgame skills, made from some pages that drop in some god forsaken instance that you need 120 ppl to open and where mobs have 3 mil hp each with random imunes to elements/phys but they have aoe stuns, HP debuff, mdef debuffs and magic 100m aoe. 'Cause it's PWI after all.
    And yeah, the pages needed will have a chance to drop from the special Easter packs.
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well archers have like 28 skills and I don't really use 9 of them.

Winged Pledge - not as good as wingspan or metal skills
    Vicious - **** dot
    Serrated - **** dot
    Stormrage - **** dot, 2 spark
    Deadly Shot - take aim is more damage, less cast time, less cool down
    Winged Shell - too much chi
    Frost Arrow - too much chi
    Blessing of Condor - too short, removes evasion buff
    Wing Mastery - only works with **** wings

There are a few fringe cases where I would use them but I mostly ignore these.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

Thats not wutchu said about my stormrage! b:mischievous

srsly though, leap skill ftw!!!

knowing PWI new skills will be....
    +1% crit squad buff costs 5 mirages!

channels the elven power of wind! deals base physical damage + 1000 (HOLY ****!) damage over the next 15 seconds, costs 1 spark! =/
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well archers have like 28 skills and I don't really use 9 of them.

Winged Pledge - not as good as wingspan or metal skills

Pledge is nice if a melee or wizard is up close as a follow up to wingspan in my experience. Spammable sage is nice too (yay @ double casting 1 sec cooldown skills).

Vicious - **** dot
    Serrated - **** dot

And I fully agree, our DoTs need an upgrade (as does nearly every DoT in the game lol). Maybe making Vicious have a decent manaburn on it to start and Serrated having an absorb and then having the respective sage/demon add what they say now in addition to what they already do.

Stormrage needs to be amazing. Like, something you would actually possibly use instead of a 3 spark. Maybe if it added a defense debuff or a heavier slow. Or maybe a chance to do a random control skill like stun/freeze? Idk, it needs something lol. I do like the idea of more damage and AoE for it though.

Deadly Shot - take aim is more damage, less cast time, less cool down

I have no clue how to make this better...Some sort of proc or debuff? Slow? Maybe something like Ribstrike, but for chan? I mean, archers are supposed to be robe killers.

Winged Shell - too much chi

Shell is awesome for negating one shots. It is sort of like Deaden Nerves in that aspect, but only for 1 shots (and it doesnt give you 20% hp back). It could be buffed and absorb abit more damage though so it could maybe tank a hit or two from someone of your level.

Frost Arrow - too much chi

Frost arrow is pretty sweet as is, but I agree I would rather use the chi for TS or sparks. If it was like 15 or 20 and did abit more damage it could be nice. It is still mostly only useful for helping out with kiting.

Blessing of Condor - too short, removes evasion buff

Condor is great for chi gain. Or 8 seconds of pvp, like the tail end of a fight. I like how you can use it while running. I use it when ppl try to stun/aps me for the lulz and watch the misses. If it had a different evasion buff it would be nice.

Wing Mastery - only works with **** wings

I think Wing Mastery being changed to like an Air Sprint (Like that Psy skill that I never see Psys make use of) could be pretty awesome. Something like an aerial version of Elven Alacrity could definitely have its uses.

There are a few fringe cases where I would use them but I mostly ignore these.

Agree

As for new ideas, I like the idea of a buff like crit or accuracy. I like the idea of another aoe, preferably one with a shortish cooldown (that or make stormrage godly). Sleep arrow also piques my interest, but then we would be basically like ranged sins, I still like it though.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Noveriot - Heavens Tear
    Noveriot - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nothing much to add, seeing as the majority of the good improvements have been posted.

If we were to get a leap, it would be interesting for it to be a side-step, seeing as we are supposedly an evasive class. Would be nice to perfect that when you have to turn to the side to jump away from a caster.

Increased detection level would be nice.

And I'm all for a piercing arrow. Would be fun to mess around with that as well.

I dont think there is a need for a new buff IMO, we've done fine without decent ones, but if we were to get one, archers should get the sin buff with the ability to dodge magical attacks and stuff.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ohh I forgot knockback arrow which doesnt work in pvp. Thats 10 skills that are sub par.

I'll respond to some of vindis's support of those skills although I think he was just grasping at fringe cases which I already said existed.
    vindis wrote:
    Pledge is nice if a melee or wizard is up close as a follow up to wingspan in my experience. Spammable sage is nice too (yay @ double casting 1 sec cooldown skills).
    Meh.. most wiz have like the same metal and phys defense anyway. There isn't much difference between using pledge and using strike since they do like same damage. Actually wiz is less likely to use mag defense charm than phys defense. Plus wing pledge has 0 chance to purge while the metal skills can purge. I find metal to be better against sins too since they are pure phys ornament and against bms and their heavy armor. There just isn't a case where pledge shines above metal + wingspan.
    vindis wrote:
    Shell is awesome for negating one shots. It is sort of like Deaden Nerves in that aspect, but only for 1 shots (and it doesnt give you 20% hp back). It could be buffed and absorb abit more damage though so it could maybe tank a hit or two from somepony of your level.
    Winged shell is just a defense charm that takes 45 chi to use. I'd rather just use a real defense charm and save that chi for something useful like wings of grace (which has 3 seconds of invulnerability). I can't think of any case where you would want to use shell instead of a defense charm.
    vindis wrote:
    Condor is great for chi gain. Or 8 seconds of pvp, like the tail end of a fight. I like how you can use it while running. I use it when ppl try to stun/aps me for the lulz and watch the misses. If it had a different evasion buff it would be nice.
    Condor isn't great for chi gain. Inner harmony is great for chi gain. Condor is what you use when everything better is gone. The thought process is '**** I have nothing to use, ohh well might as well try condor'
    vindis wrote:
    Frost arrow is pretty sweet as is, but I agree I would rather use the chi for TS or sparks. If it was like 15 or 20 and did abit more damage it could be nice. It is still mostly only useful for helping out with kiting.
    Who are you kiting that doesn't have a sprint skill / teleport / or just holy path? All of those are hard counters to frost arrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Asty post

I agree for the most part. I originally missed your last sentence saying there are fringe cases, but then I had already written the post so I figured, might as well submit it.

I do use frost some in TW when TS is on cooldown, mostly because it is water damage though. Demon's probably don't use it as often, so I forgot (no, that was not an antidemon comment, just likely a fact). And I'm not r9 so I generally have to kite some things like r9 Wizards and Psys and such. Mostly though it is BMs with sprints on cooldown or to help stop cata barbs/any other high priority target if stun is on cooldown.

Shell + Defense charm? Idk, it isnt majorly useful but its alrite. I think a set amount of hits to break it would be nice. Like 3-4 hits and a set # of damage (much higher than it is currently set at). It wouldn't help much vs aps but it could be nice vs. clerics and other casters.

Many sins on DW tend to generally have trash defenses all around, and I agree metal works better on them, but normally one will be close to death if Wingspan crits and Pledge x2 has worked wonders for me. I like to keep my metal skills off cooldown for fighting other archers/Bms/seekers, mostly seekers. If I can kill a sin without using chi, the better off I am (seeing as I am likely to use WoG when able after the initial gank).

Agree on Condor. It would be better if it had a longer duration or a larger multiplier with your evasion/ stacked with evasion buff.

Btw, I wasn't particularly trying to support these skills as much as I was pointing out ways they can be useful in specific situations and ways they could possibly be buffed up to be more useful. I agree they are heavily underpowered for the most part (I don't think Ive used Deadly in months) and could definitely be improved. Thought process: "How do I use this skill sometimes? --> Way it could be improved so I could use it more"
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

edited November 2011
    Options
    Ya you can't really compare sage frost and demon frost. Demon should just be assumed though.. 85% of archers on my server are demon <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ya you can't really compare sage frost and demon frost. Demon should just be assumed though.. 85% of archers on my server are demon <_<

Yeah, mine is like 90%+ demon. And I'm not even sure what demon frost does offhand lol.

Retired from PWI.

• _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yeah, mine is like 90%+ demon. And I'm not even sure what demon frost does offhand lol.

Has a chance to give u chi rather than take chi, still not even worth getting to mid levels/ let alone maxing/ let alone demonizing.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I have reason to believe the new archer skill is a metal-based skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Video of the skill looks like a self buff.
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    1. New Skill(s) for all 10 classes
    2. Class balance updates
    3. New Instance - for 10 people squad - total of 3
    4. New Gear (sets) - total of 5

These are some of the new skills

Cleric has a new passive skill, which makes cleric without losing any exp by going back to town upon death.

Mystic res skill will be an AOE - squad buff

Veno Make a opponent become a frog(rofl) , during the "frog stat" the char will move randomly (laughing)

Archer can go stealth while stand by (no attack/moving, cannot detected by sins) ;

BladeMaster get into frenzy stats, basic attack increase by 35%, terrified 4 units around BM, their def lvl -5, last for 10 secs

Barb new skill that smash a flying character to the ground, and stun it for 2 secs

Seeker tba

psychic switch position with a selected target

This is the info I got, Wizzy I forgot what it was but it was something kinda lame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]