Out of 3, no idea

toisenguard
toisenguard Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Cleric
I am wondering if I should level up a Sin, Cleric, or a Wizard.

Reasons for Cleric:

Healer
Some magic damage

Sin:

stealth
quick attacks

Wizard:

Amazing magic attacks

If someone can help, that would be great!
Post edited by toisenguard on

Comments

• Auralina - Sanctuary
    Auralina - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    All good reasons, and we'd all pick different ones based on our preferences.
    For me, cleric was a great first choice and still my main. Clerics make lots of friends and are more rare in lower levels now so you'll never be lonely, but some clerics don't like the run-ins with cranky squads. I love the mix of healing and damage, I personally find it fun and challenging.
    Sins kill stuff fast and they are all the rage if you want to be tough, or to be able to solo caves later on.
    Wizzies are more unique, although it can be harder to get squads after level 70 or 80 I think, although I'm not a wizzie.
    If you like the game, you'll end up trying all of them probably, so if you pick the wrong one first it's easy to change along the way, or even to end up playing multiple characters like many of us do.
    p.s. I only play PVE, so might be different if you want to PVP
  • toisenguard
    toisenguard Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    All good reasons, and we'd all pick different ones based on our preferences.
    For me, cleric was a great first choice and still my main. Clerics make lots of friends and are more rare in lower levels now so you'll never be lonely, but some clerics don't like the run-ins with cranky squads. I love the mix of healing and damage, I personally find it fun and challenging.
    Sins kill stuff fast and they are all the rage if you want to be tough, or to be able to solo caves later on.
    Wizzies are more unique, although it can be harder to get squads after level 70 or 80 I think, although I'm not a wizzie.
    If you like the game, you'll end up trying all of them probably, so if you pick the wrong one first it's easy to change along the way, or even to end up playing multiple characters like many of us do.
    p.s. I only play PVE, so might be different if you want to PVP

Thanks, I appreciate it!
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I'd suggest making a Sin. Sins are expensive to gear, but that gear is an investment that will pay for itself once you start farming instances. This ability to farm is what will allow you to pay for gear on other characters like your cleric or your wizard. Clerics are usually wanted in squads but require DD's to make farming instances really worth it, and then you are splitting the profit more ways. Plus, if you don't have a farming character and aren't willing to spend money on the game then you will be undergeared for a while.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I agree with the poster above me. Level your sin up first so he becomes your farmer to gear up your cleric/wiz.

If you're wondering which of the three to roll with as "endgame" though, I'd say go with the wizard. They make great cata-killers and their AOEs are like nuclear bombs. Sins are boring in TW (or so I've heard) and they're the most overpopulated class in the game as it is, so I wouldn't go beyond making it a decent farmer. As for clerics, you really have to enjoy supporting other people... you really have to like being the medic... you really really really do..... b:chuckle
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Mystic not an option?

-Heals better than cleric, solos better than cleric
    -Attacks faster than wiz, also has amazing attacks

Sin's aren't all they're made out to be here. They're pathetic until you get to 3.33+base aps (requiring high level) and a decent amount of HP which is very expensive. Since the caster nirvana update; they no longer have Nirvana as an advantage. BH's have made most instance farming pointless. Mystic will scale well all the way through the game. -They are never pathetic. They're mostly limited by the player because they're far more complex than erupt -> atk.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    thumbs wrote: »
    Mystic not an option?

-Heals better than cleric , solos better than cleric and that requires a buttload of cash just like cleric or sin
    -Attacks faster than wiz, also has amazing attacks

Sin's aren't all they're made out to be here. They're pathetic until you get to 3.33+base aps (requiring high level) and a decent amount of HP which is very expensive. Since the caster nirvana update; they no longer have Nirvana as an advantage. I still see Squads asking for APS players , not for caster nirvana , at least in HT BH's have made most instance farming pointless. Mystic will scale well all the way through the game. -They are never pathetic. pre lvl 75 they cant solo heal a BH without a cleric , not a TT without a cleric They're mostly limited by the player because they're far more complex than erupt -> atk.

In green , seriously ?

too OP : if u are a newcoming player in this game , Cleric is maybe the most welcome class for u ( at least from the ones u mentioned) Its has useful heals , physical and magical dmg based on your magic dmg ( which makes them capable of killing most quest mobs with ease by exploiting their weaknesses) and if u practice a bit , ull always be welcome in squads since most people end up searching for a cleric. If u make some good friends , farming Twilight Temple will be an easier task.

Wiz are good if u plan to join a territorial War (TW) faction. but thats would require lots of money real or in-game spent is top endgame gear.

Sin is a nice class , but u need help of others to start. when u get to 90+ with good gear , then they really shine.

One of the most welcome classes for a new player is usually a venomancer , however i didnt mention it since it isnt included in your 3 class choices
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2011
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Since when the **** could a mystic out heal a cleric?

I mean ****ing seriously, if a mystic and cleric are in squad I flat out tell that cleric they are healing or I'm gonna *** **** them before we even start to make them a healer. Mystic can just ****ing DD, I don't trust them for anything besides a res buff so I don't have to yell at the cleric for a res when they are healing whoever takes aggro over me.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011

I mean ****ing seriously, if a mystic and cleric are in squad I flat out tell that cleric they are healing or I'm gonna *** **** them before we even start to make them a healer. Mystic can just ****ing DD, I don't trust them for anything besides a res buff so I don't have to yell at the cleric for a res when they are healing whoever takes aggro over me.

Well, they out heal his cleric. But his cleric doesn't even know the right time to use SoR unless you're demon. If a similarly geared cleric let's a mystic out heal them, they are doing it wrong. Not to say all mystics are bad at healing, mystics are great healers. And i'll take a wellgeared/skilled mystic over a undergeared/unskilled cleric any day of the week. But, if two players of the exact same skill, in the exact same gear had a healing contest, the cleric would win. If they had a DPS contest, the mystic would win.

Sin's aren't all they're made out to be here. They're pathetic until you get to 3.33+base aps (requiring high level) and a decent amount of HP which is very expensive.

Well, you're sin might have been pathetic before it got 3.33 base. My sin, pure dex, no warsoul helm, tanked an all Sin FC at 85 because the 89 sin who was supposed to tank died early into almost every boss. You know what that means? It's not even possible for her to have a 3.33 aps base. That she didn't have any heals from a cleric nor a mystic. She has 1.82, +3-4 flawless/immacs in her gear, and she can do just fine. (Immacs in gear i'll keep for a long time more, such as my bracers of bloodmoon/wraithgate cape. +3 flawless in pieces that have less longetivity, like my frost boots.) I'll admit it takes a good amount of HP and skill, knowing how to make a good genie for a sin as well. (I did not use apoth, but I did have some of those pots that give you an insta boost of hp/mp from the divine contracts.) But there is really no reason why a sin should be limited to an aps build. There is no reason why a sin is "pathetic" before going demon. There is a lot you can do with a sins skills, if you know how to play it. If all you're good for is spark+auto attack, then you may be overpowered but you're not very good imho.

@OP

Play what you love, there really isn't any bad classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Random **** from a troll.

@toisenguard:

As I am sure you will learn if you frequent the forums, you are best off ignoring any posts or threads that thumbs (a.k.a tweaks) makes....everyone else does that knows of this troll b:bye
  • thumbs
    edited November 2011

There's not even a contest. Clerics need purify to keep tanks alive on some bosses. -Mystics don't. Anyone who thinks Clerics can out heal a Mystics is a joke.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    There's not even a contest. Clerics need purify to keep tanks alive on some bosses. -Mystics don't. Anyone who thinks Clerics can out heal a Mystics is a joke.

Go away, or educate yourself.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited November 2011

I think i fell off my chair from the shock this statement caused to me b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
    edited November 2011
    Anyone who thinks Clerics can out heal a Mystics is a joke.

I just fell out of my chair laughing at this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited November 2011

You so smoked something right? Almost hurt by laughing so much.b:sad
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited November 2011

anyone willing to take a mystic in place of a cleric for their bh69 is a joke

the only bigger joke is you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • thumbs
    edited November 2011
    Lol @ the amount of fails. Mystic is just too much for some feeble minds.
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    edited November 2011
    Lol @ the amount of fails. Mystic is just too much for some feeble minds.

ikr? it amazes me how much fail just one person can output

namely, you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • thumbs
    edited November 2011
    ikr? it amazes me how much fail just one person can output

namely, you

I know you are but what am I?
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    edited November 2011
    I know you are but what am I?

someone who needs to learn proper sentence structure?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    only a fail cleric will say a mystic is a better healer than them.

I always knock this into noob clerics when they see how a ''pro'' mystic heals.

I tell them know your class well and you will know why you will never be outshined by a toon that is a somewhat mishmash of two classes that theyu can only hope to excel against.

I still challenge some hi-level mysts in my fac to solo heal pyro and nob and they seem to vanishb:shutup
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    ~Die. Revive using mystic Resurrect buff.~
    Is that the mystic form of a purify? Because it purifies the entire squad of all their buffs and their hp, too.

Mystics lack cleric buffs, cleric purifies, and cleric stacks. They do have squad heals, pets that can heal squad mates (makes healing 2 or more easy), and squad aoe heals. All in all, they're decent healers and can replace a cleric in a squad but clerics are on a different level of healing. In most squads a little supplement healing is plenty, especially 90+ and for those with paint. In these cases mystics are plenty and are more useful as DDs than most clerics, but this doesn't make them better healers.

@ original poster. How ya enjoying things? Which way did you go with chosing a class?
  • Kagusa - Sanctuary
    Kagusa - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Mystic not an option?

-Heals better than cleric, solos better than cleric

Dude, whhat kind of crack are you on? Seriously, Let me tell you a story. There was this FCC squad I was in and there was a mystic who had waaaayy better gears than me. The squad was kinda clumsy but I manage to keep them all alive without the help of the mystic who was dd'ing the whole time. So, I started to lag and told them to wait for me to relog which at that moment the mystic told everyone that waiting was not needed and that she could heal while I was away. So I left, and relogged and after getting the squad invite, it was there....squad wipe, even sins.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Dude, whhat kind of crack are you on? Seriously, Let me tell you a story. There was this FCC squad I was in and there was a mystic who had waaaayy better gears than me. The squad was kinda clumsy but I manage to keep them all alive without the help of the mystic who was dd'ing the whole time. So, I started to lag and told them to wait for me to relog which at that moment the mystic told everyone that waiting was not needed and that she could heal while I was away. So I left, and relogged and after getting the squad invite, it was there....squad wipe, even sins.
    lmfao thats funny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • thumbs
    edited November 2011

Not the same crack as you apparently. You come across one bad mystic and that proves they suck at healing?

Sakubatou wrote:
    Mystics lack cleric buffs, cleric purifies, and cleric stacks.

Well of course: They're NOT clerics -duh!

Clerics lack Aegis Sphere, Martyrdom, Falling Petals, Break in the Clouds, Comforting Mist, Healing Herb, Vital Herb, and Swinging Cloud Dance; most of which can be used simultaneously. -You lose.

Mystics even heal veno pets better than venos.
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    edited November 2011
    Not the same crack as you apparently. You come across one bad mystic and that proves they suck at healing?

Well of course: They're NOT clerics -duh!

Clerics lack Aegis Sphere, Martyrdom, Falling Petals, Break in the Clouds, Comforting Mist, Healing Herb, Vital Herb, and Swinging Cloud Dance; most of which can be used simultaneously. -You lose.

Mystics even heal veno pets better than venos.

yeah...and mystics lack Wings of Protection, Guardian Light, Ironheart Blessing, Wellspring Surge, Stream of Rejuvenation, Chromatic Healing Beam, Regeneration Aura, Revive that keeps 100% of exp loss, Plume Shot, Razor Feathers, and Tempest?
    I CAN NAME RANDOM CLERIC SKILLS TOO, DO I WIN ANYTHING?
    O_o no **** Sherlock, don't see where you're going with this

not necessarily saying that mystic skills suck, but rattling off random skills doesn't really cut it, cuz not all your skills are acceptable substitutes for the cleric skills that are necessary in order to keep a squad alive...nice logic, man
    btw "most" means more than 50%, not inclusive, so obviously you need to work on your math/vocab

and have you ever had the need to heal a veno pet >.> it's not like they ever tank in any of the real instances; come back when you can purge and amp
    oh sorry, forgot...people don't squad with you huh

if the game we're playing here is "trolling" then you did indeed win
    unfortunately, the game we're playing is "PWI", so you just lost
    btw you also got disqualified from "life"...thought you should know
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• thumbs
    edited November 2011

not necessarily saying that mystic skills suck, but rattling off random skills doesn't really cut it, cuz not all your skills are acceptable substitutes for the cleric skills that are necessary in order to keep a squad alive...nice logic, man
    btw "most" means more than 50%, not inclusive, so obviously you need to work on your math/vocab

You might want to consider the post that this is a reply to dumby. These are also not random skills. I'm also not the first 7x mystic to solo heal a lower 8x BM on polearm (didn't even intentionally do it or want to but the fail cleric stood in close range aoe with ~3k hp).

"in order to keep a squad alive " -Cleric has 2 aoe heals: Mystic has 3. Cleric's AoE Heal is either long channel or chi consuming / preoccupying. Mystic can be doing other things while aoe healing much faster. While you're stacking IH's with cleric; Mystic already has tank buffed with Falling Petals / Aegis Sphere, and could be simultaneously healing with vit herb, healing herb, and break in the clouds. -cleric can't touch that. Clerics need purify, and Mystics don't simply because Mystics are better healers.
    oh sorry, forgot...people don't squad with you huh

trollolol

I am more comfortable playing a cleric just for it's simplicity and more experience in playing one; but a well played mystic with the same gear can heal better. Mystic simply offers more of a challenge that simple minded folk aren't capable of ascending to.
    edited November 2011
    You might want to consider the post that this is a reply to dumby. These are also not random skills. I'm also not the first 7x mystic to solo heal a lower 8x BM on polearm (didn't even intentionally do it or want to but the fail cleric stood in close range aoe with ~3k hp).

"in order to keep a squad alive " -Cleric has 2 aoe heals: Mystic has 3. Cleric's AoE Heal is either long channel or chi consuming / preoccupying. Mystic can be doing other things while aoe healing much faster. While you're stacking IH's with cleric; Mystic already has tank buffed with Falling Petals / Aegis Sphere, and could be simultaneously healing with vit herb, healing herb, and break in the clouds. -cleric can't touch that. Clerics need purify, and Mystics don't simply because Mystics are better healers.

trollolol

Heaven forbid that while the mystic is trying so hard to outheal the debuff, a squad member dies without the rez buff. And it takes vit herb, healing herb, breaking in the clounds and falling petals/aegis spehere to what a cleric can do with far less mana and far less skills. I guarantee you won't have all of this off in the time it takes to cast purify.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • thumbs
    edited November 2011
    Heaven forbid that while the mystic is trying so hard to outheal the debuff, a squad member dies without the rez buff. And it takes vit herb, healing herb, breaking in the clounds and falling petals/aegis spehere to what a cleric can do with far less mana and far less skills. I guarantee you won't have all of this off in the time it takes to cast purify.

The argument is healing. You argue purify. You're in the wrong argument. b:bye
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    edited November 2011
    The argument is healing. You argue purify. You're in the wrong argument. b:bye

if purify isn't a form of healing i don't know what it is

someone should ban this kid
    unfortunately being a dumbass isn't a violation of forum rules b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]