Comments

• Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    bae, think of something better,

this was discussed before, no, just no
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It depends on server population. Not all of the servers are as well populated or competitive as Sanc. Even sanc's population only supports about 100 - 120 highly refined R9 players who TW. Each of those players are worth like 7 or 8 times an average R8 player.

This isn't counterstrike where there is an auto team button that adds players to the losing team. The game gives you honestly no incentive to join a losing team or to help out smaller factions. The best strategy is to join the winning side.

Exactly, it's because the rest of the server don't care. Would they if one faction become dominant again?

The incentive is that one faction can only have 200 people. Where is the rest of the server going to go? If a server is really not that active, then do you really think it'll make a difference how the attacking slots go? If the next 3 best factions can't do it, then your server is pretty hopeless, or just apathetic. I mean look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLeng01KZRc vid someone posted, look at how empty this TW looks compared to ours...

Remember Sanct's dominant (red) faction only became decisively dominant when the competing faction went belly up after ANNI PACKS and a whole bunch of people rage quit...but then what happened? 20 bids a week for a few months later the map was no longer one color right? Ya it's true, you only have to defend 3 lands a week to have the whole map, but the only way 3 of the next best factions can't take land from 1 faction is if the server simply doesn't give a damn.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Um excuse me......I earned level 100 and hardly just followed my guild has worked to stay on the map since the start of the game ^^ if thats not working to be the top I wish to know what is.

[/COLOR]

errrm At lvl 100 you are barely a viable speedbump in a dominate r9 faction fight. You'd most likely be constantly killed by accident in any random AoE...

Simply silly to sit in here trying to convince yourselves gear gap does not define the strength or the outcome of a TW. I seen two faction 1v1 with same numbers of attendance for a couple of weeks with 3 hour draws, then one week 3 r9 archers in one of the factions appear out of "inactive" and turned the TW into a 20 min showcase.

Just one example, I could go on about history from when the sale first came out, and how it reflected on the map.
    re
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I kinda like the idea of just increasing faction size to 300 so that more factions could actually field the full 80 thats possible. With the current size of 200, You really have to have a sizable fraction of the faction on in order to do it.

I also think the average faction I have been in has maybe 30% of all its active members online at any given time. If that is pretty generally how it is then the 300 total would help enough to do nine trials more often an at any given time.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    TW is so freakin outdated its sad.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Ararat - Heavens Tear
    Ararat - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I personally always liked the idea of having to defend every land each week. If a faction doesn't attack you, then the server does it automatically by sending mobs in waves. Only issue now is that any mob would likely be too weak to matter unless it was something like the level of the Trials the third time thru in a week.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    that 'same exact enemy' wont want to continually lose the fee and charms if they keep losing so your wrong. Since when, in real life did the strong dictate to the weak when they could or couldnt make an attack?

Of course the "same exact enemy" won't want to continually lose... cause after the first lost... THEY BE DEAD. And yet... here i am... still shooting at the same guy after a good two years. The weak can make all the attacks all they want... but if you want to make it like real life... the weak better make that one and only attack count.
    Heh so you think............ I can take on rank 8 gear in TT 90 and win.........easily..........because I know how to play b:cute granted I can't really squish r9 but thats where teamwork trumps your stupidly high cash count.

You see the problem with this is... you are assuming that only you have friends. But in reality... the r9 guy probably have more friends... and definently better (geared) friends.
    Why do people keep relating 1v1 skills to TW? 1v1 is largely different. You can kite all you want, or just holy path back to base for all we care. If the opponent cant catch up to you, they'll kill your teammates and carry on pushing. What contributions do you make in the TW? With your OHT or your TT90 weapon?

Because thats what nubs do. They will manage to kill one r9 when he afks cause of diarrhea. And for the next decade... the nub will make bold claims that he can own all r9 players.
    I personally always liked the idea of having to defend every land each week. If a faction doesn't attack you, then the server does it automatically by sending mobs in waves. Only issue now is that any mob would likely be too weak to matter unless it was something like the level of the Trials the third time thru in a week.

That's the spirit. Instead of TW... we can all go solo fb69/79 caliber instances.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf