A fix for the TW multiple gank restrictions

manamaoli1
manamaoli1 Posts: 7 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
As it stands now, any faction which has enough high-geared players to to field 60+ of them in 3 different trade wars is able to take the map.

Here is a fix for the developers to consider:

Own 0 to 2 territories: one attack on the faction's lands allowed per day, this prevents those with 2 territories from losing both at once.

Own 3 to 4 territories: 2 attacks allowed at once

Own 5 to 6: 3 attacks allowed at once

Own 7 to 8: 4 allowed at once

Own 9 to 10: 5 allowed at once

Own > 10 : 6 allowed at once.

This would keep most OP factions from ever getting even half the map.
Post edited by manamaoli1 on

Comments

• TwinDreams - Harshlands
    TwinDreams - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The best faction deserve to get the map, why must there be handicap? We worked our way there y'know
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Reflecting on real life for a moment, it makes no sense that you allow your enemy time to re-gather and re-group and then attack them when they have re-gained their advantage.

To be realistic, and I've said this before, there should be no time restrictions whatsoever on TW times - the only restriction being, obviously that only one faction can attack any one territory.

So for example faction A might get all of their territories attacked at once by multiple factions.

However there should then be greater rewards to those factions able to hold more than one territory.

ie
    - hold one territory 10mill coins a week
    - hold two territories 30
    - hold three - 70 etc,

tier the rewards to compensate those factions, with very strong players (however gained) who can hold multiple territories,

BUT still give an incentive for others to engage in TW.

This way there would be MANY more TW's on a weekly basis, which appears to be one of the only incentives keeping many high level players in the game.

And TwinDreams this doesnt mean you're handicapped, simply the reality that things would be much more dynamic if the restrictions on times were removed. Really, why SHOULD there be restrictions on when a TW can occur?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The best faction deserve to get the map, why must there be handicap? We worked our way there y'know

The only handicap that exists is the handicap on the number of simultaneous attacks. Realistically no matter how many factions attempt to attack together, you only have to face 3 at a time.. and not necessarily the three strongest. The current design gives no added difficulty with defending large amounts of territory.

Attackers are further limited in the number of people they can send since each attacker can field only 80 of their 200 members to their TW while defenders can field much more than 80 at once across the 3 TWs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Considering most map dominate factions are compiled of the most OP of the server, no they didn't actually "work" at it. They just reap the benefit of people being brainless and following the heard of sheep--
    re
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Considering most map dominate factions are compiled of the most OP of the server, no they didn't actually "work" at it. They just reap the benefit of people being brainless and following the heard of sheep--

Sorry, but VaIhaIIa (Valhalla, lul) on Harshlands blows that comment so far out of the water its not funny. Come look, youll **** yourself.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    I believe that there does need to be a restriction on when in the day attacks can be made. Otherwise, it would be simple to wait until most players are offline and/or busy to attack.

Keeping the same time window for TW, but allowing multiple (a.k.a., more than three) factions to attack at the exact same time would be the best way to determine how strong a faction truly is. That way, you would know the time frame when the attacks are coming (to avoid as much conflict as possible with real life events), but you would never know exactly how many or where.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    packs have been on sale for over 2 years, rank 9 has been on sale for over a year, orbs have dropped in price. factions only hold 200 people, the number of TW geared people could not fit in 3 factions let alone 1.

TW takes more than gear, although its become more and more gear based, gear alone will not win a tw for anyone. you need teamwork, organization, motivation, and know-how.

if you are missing the gear, work on it, and recruit more heavily
    if you are missing the teamwork, do more activites with groups
    if you are missing organization, do your homework
    if you are missing motivation, rally your troops
    if you are missing know-how read up

the solution to losing isnt crying about it, and running to mommy to fix it for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    TW is just a joke anymore gone are the days a high lvl was considered an 8x and even a 6x or 7x player could make a difference in TW. Now it's who can FF to 100+ the fastest and who spends the most money on this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    packs have been on sale for over 2 years, rank 9 has been on sale for over a year, orbs have dropped in price. factions only hold 200 people, the number of TW geared people could not fit in 3 factions let alone 1.

TW takes more than gear, although its become more and more gear based, gear alone will not win a tw for anyone. you need teamwork, organization, motivation, and know-how.

if you are missing the gear, work on it, and recruit more heavily
    if you are missing the teamwork, do more activites with groups
    if you are missing organization, do your homework
    if you are missing motivation, rally your troops
    if you are missing know-how read up

the solution to losing isnt crying about it, and running to mommy to fix it for you.

qft

It would hardly make the game more entertaining to introduce rules to allow unskilled, low population factions to take land from well organized, motivated people.

Every faction has some OP people, and it doesn't take a full faction of r9 to dominate the map. The biggest TW faction isn't necessarily just a group of the most OP players (my faction, for example, has denied tons of r9 +12 players applications because the people behind the pixels weren't compatible with our members).

Gear:
    If you feel you are losing due to gear differences, go farm together.
    I don't know how many times I've seen factions with tons of OP sins/bms that basically stay to themselves farming instances for coin all day, then complain that they lose in TW and blame their lower geared members. Sins and BMs are the best pve farmers and the worst mass pvp characters, thinking you're gonna build an epic TW faction without helping your clerics/DDs/barbs get their gear is a joke; expecting them to farm on their own or cash or roll a sin/bm alt will just alienate them. Make your members feel like part of the faction, not your personal followers/fans, or something else beneath you. If you are play OP aps character, consider making an alt that's useful in TW and spending some of your time on it's gear.

There's a thread on DW server forums speculating on ways to beat my faction. It's rather entertaining. There's a lot of theories and wanking there.

Teamwork:
    Play together all week. Push your limits as a team and individually. Do spawn point deltas, full warsongs, 9 trials runs, etc. If you are the OP player in your faction, form squads of lower geared players to try to pk you, a squad of modestly geared players can drop the most OP monster with the right co-ordination, but in TWs I see many who just don't know how, they aren't gonna learn in the heat of battle either, go practice. Do stuff that will teach you how to manage charm ticks as a tool, how to use apothecary potions at the right times, when to use genie skills to save yourself or your squad.

For example, yesterday did a wave 3 delta bh on spawn point with a random bm (6k hp) and cleric (4k hp) from world chat and a veno, archer, myself and another psy from our faction. The cleric had to run afk for some reason at wave 2-4 and got killed by archer mobs in 2-5 before my expel kicked in (**** you, crappy ping!). We cleared the wave and held the real boss till she got back but the bm killed the boss before she could rebuff or get chi, causing 3-1 to drop on us immediately. We didn't even discuss it (or have time to), we just did our normal routine of chaining AD, bubble of life, expel and apoths and cruised through without a problem. No way we could have done that without a lot of practice. Like I said above: Go practice.

The team that plays together all week will generally beat the team that only sees each other for an hour a week at game time.

Organization:
    Have your squads set well before TW starts. Have a basic battle plan, and a backup plan if that fails; make sure your squad leaders all know the plans and their roles. Squad leaders should be permanent, and know their squad's roles. There's a ton of TW videos on youtube, go watch them, see what the winners do right and what the losers do wrong.

Motivation:
    This is the hardest one. People seem to be more and more of the mindset that "winning" should simply be handed to them without any real effort. Much of what is wrong with the "losing" factions is that people just give up when they don't "win". People need to quit wanking about TW pay making factions rich also, TW pay is such a small amount once it's divided between a faction active enough to hold lands that it is silly. You can make as much or more in an hour of doing damn near anything at level 100. If your main goal of TW is to get paid just give up now. News flash: TW COSTS MORE THAN IT EARNS (for most people), either do it for fun and realize you may have to farm extra to do it well, or just don't bother. I see a lot of people coming into TW without any apoth or even charms, why even go like that? Don't complain about dying easily if you haven't taken all the available measures to prevent it. "TW is gonna burn my charm anyway, and we'll probably lose, so why even get a charm?" <---- now you are sure to lose, in your mind you've already lost

The most active factions don't even get close to 200 online for TW (on my server anyway), dividing them into more than 3 wars would just be making it too easy. Another thing is that as long as they start 3 minutes apart (how they currently do) an experienced faction could theoretically beat infinite opponents, so it wouldn't help anyway. I'd explain this more, but I want to leave some things for other factions to learn.......
    TW is just a joke anymore gone are the days a high lvl was considered an 8x and even a 6x or 7x player could make a difference in TW. Now it's who can FF to 100+ the fastest and who spends the most money on this game.

8x hasn't been "high level" for years. Before hyper exp even came out 6x-7x's were just one-shot fodder for all the players with lunar **** from packs. I know because I played a squishy 7x cleric in TW, and guess what? I learned how to adapt to mot having the best gear instead of crying about the ones who did. Now that everyone is 100+ from hypering heads, it's still a game of skill vs. skill (where gear/money gives a distinct advantage of course). I could name a couple factions built by heavy spenders specifically for TW that failed horribly due to lack of skill and/or decent-geared second-line players. Not that someone who's pet peeve is anyone over lvl 100 would even listen anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    A faction can have wars with around 8 factions at the same time if they all own all the land and get attacked on all lands, but it doesn't matter since only 2-3 factions actually matter and the rest are just fodder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    The main flaw is that a faction is capable of holding land disproportionate to their strength.

If a faction is say, twice as powerful as any other faction on the server. They don't have just twice as much land. They can take the entire map. There is no such thing as spreading yourself too thin.

If a large number of smaller factions band together and represent a collective stronger force than the dominant guild they still can't win because the system breaks up their strong attack into smaller manageable pieces.

Ironically the more attackers there are the easier it is to defend because the greater the likelihood that the strongest attackers will not be attacking together.

The best strategy would be for the strongest members of those attackers to leave their factions and band together into a single faction. This hurts small faction recruitment a lot.

Really though it doesn't make much sense to be able to hold 40 lands if you aren't capable of defending more than 3 at a time. The attacker handicap should be raised or removed entirely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Reflecting on real life for a moment, it makes no sense that you allow your enemy time to re-gather and re-group and then attack them when they have re-gained their advantage.

Reflecting on the same real life. It make no sense to allow the same exact enemy to attack you week after week. If we are really going with real life comparisons. The loser shall forfeit their gears and characters to the winner.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Really though it doesn't make much sense to be able to hold 40 lands if you aren't capable of defending more than 3 at a time. The attacker handicap should be raised or removed entirely.

In a theoretical or mathematical way you are right.

If viewed as a tactical war simulation, however, it isn't that simple. In real life it doesn't take anywhere near equal forces to dominate multiple opponents, it just takes better organization and forces stronger than any single opponent. The attacker handicap was meant to simulate this effect, from what I can see. It's a very flawed system, but removing the restriction on attacker number would simply have the effect of splitting factions into smaller groups each intent on holding a couple lands. These would primarily be formed by the current landholding factions anyway, so it would be a redistribution of sorts, but mostly among the same people.

The other issue here is that besides a free teleport and a negligible amount of coin there is no real benefit to owning land. Sure, apoths, you think the little underdog factions will get any of the key apoth lands? Nope, they'll all be taken quickly by the alt factions of the current landholders. Besides, any small group capable of TW can run LG trophy mode for all the apoth you could want.

Attackers and defenders fight the same battle with the same goals. In city attacks, the attackers even get the advantage of more catapults than defenders. As a player in a big landholding faction, I have to say that holding land is not the fun part. The fight is the fun part, win or lose (and yes, I have lost, plenty, that's how you learn, if you don't give up anyway). If you think having a couple faction lands will make the game so much more fun for you, I'd advise a few deep breaths and a reality check.

What it comes down to, and always will no matter the rules, is people's motivation. If the top 10 geared/skilled players from all the tiny factions complaining about unfair TW moved their mains (I know you all have alts, lol, leave them in your home faction, many of us do.....) to one of the bigger factions a 3 way gank would be plenty to drop any TW monster. If you don't want to win bad enough to do that, you don't want to win. Not wanting to win is fine, it's a game to be played however you wish, but please stop asking for everything to be handed to you.

How different would the world be now if the various tribes of Europe or the Americas had banded together against their invaders?

Reflecting on the same real life. It make no sense to allow the same exact enemy to attack you week after week. If we are really going with real life comparisons. The loser shall forfeit their gears and characters to the winner.

More like you keep your character and gear but forfeit your money and have to fight in the army of your conqueror or they will kill your family......
    Not many people would play that game though.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    It would hardly make the game more entertaining to introduce rules to allow unskilled, low population factions to take land from well organized, motivated people.

People need to quit wanking about TW pay making factions rich also, TW pay is such a small amount once it's divided between a faction active enough to hold lands that it is silly. You can make as much or more in an hour of doing damn near anything at level 100. If your main goal of TW is to get paid just give up now. News flash: TW COSTS MORE THAN IT EARNS (for most people), either do it for fun and realize you may have to farm extra to do it well, or just don't bother. I see a lot of people coming into TW without any apoth or even charms, why even go like that? Don't complain about dying easily if you haven't taken all the available measures to prevent it. "TW is gonna burn my charm anyway, and we'll probably lose, so why even get a charm?" <---- now you are sure to lose, in your mind you've already lost

I have a few questions that I am just curious about if you do not mind answering them.

If TW pay is of no benefit to the top faction, and rolling unskilled, low population factions is not fun nor challenging, then how is it less entertaining to introduce rules to allow unskilled, low population factions to take land from well organized, motivated factions?

You do not have fun TWing against unskilled factions so does it makes any difference to you whether they have land or not?

Because you claim territory pay is essentially worthless, is it a problem if the top faction held less territories?

Is it true that the reputation factions have in the society of their servers supersede the value of exclusiveness that holding land does?

Thank you in advance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    sleepcat wrote: »
    I have a few questions that I am just curious about if you do not mind answering them. Sure, I'll try.

If TW pay is of no benefit to the top faction, and rolling unskilled, low population factions is not fun nor challenging, then how is it less entertaining to introduce rules to allow unskilled, low population factions to take land from well organized, motivated factions?
    If such rules could be created I would be in favor of them. However, I believe that lifting the attack per time restriction would not have this result. As I said before, the top faction(s) would just split into appropriate numbers and create alt factions which would still control most of the map using their experience and organization to continue dominating, if perhaps not in the same name. If it was implemented with the current 3 minute space between the start of each fight it would have no effect anyway, unless each faction could field 80 well geared/skilled players, but then they could do it with 3 factions as it is......

You do not have fun TWing against unskilled factions so does it makes any difference to you whether they have land or not?
    Nope. If you look at the TW map on Dreamweaver you'll see some small factions with land. As we don't attack anyone who doesn't at least have a chance against us there are a couple factions that are actually de-facto protected by us. Another advantage of being in a small faction without land is you can attack anyone (except cities). The small factions holding 1-2 lands are locked into position, only able to attack their neighbors, if their neighbors happen to be stronger there isn't much to do. I'm not concerned about them owning land, I'm just pointing out that it may be more fun not to, if your guild is small.

Because you claim territory pay is essentially worthless, is it a problem if the top faction held less territories?
    Nope. Come take some. But we aren't giving them for free. It took a lot of work to get this good. Anyone who is willing to put in as much effort can have an equal chance. I see TW like a sport, if a sports team is winning should the rules be changed to allow more players on the other teams or lower the number the winners can field? Especially since the rules already favor attackers..... 240 vs 200 (max) and 6 catapults vs. 4 (city attack)..... defenders are already at a tactical disadvantage, especially since no faction can show 200 at a time realistically (130 is about our max attendance). The problem isn't with the system, it's the people. There are easily enough well geared players to make 3 factions with a weekend attendance over 80 people, they just make excuses for not joining forces and playing the game how it was designed. What's more likely, a complete restructuring of TW or a few faction mergers?

Is it true that the reputation factions have in the society of their servers supersede the value of exclusiveness that holding land does?
    Absolutely. Our faction strives to maintain the highest standards of conduct possible. Some people hate us simply because we dominate in TW, a few people have personal issues with individuals in faction, but such is life. This is the reason we recruit good people first, gear is a secondary concern at most. I believe that organization and motivation are the key factors in winning, more so than gear anyway. The major flaw in one of our opponents was their reputation, a few of their officers went out of their way to be jerks to everyone on the server and eventually they lost most of their members and all but one land despite the epic gear they had (and bragged about constantly).

Thank you in advance.
    You're welcome, remember it's just my opinion and not meant to insult or degrade anyone or their ideas.

Answers.

The best thing I could think of, I suggested to PW years ago.

When the map is 80% owned by one faction, reset the map. Either that or open heaven/hell/past map territories for TW and create a 4th tier faction with a limit of 300 people and only let 4th lvl factions TW in these maps, leaving the regular world map for the lower population factions. (I doubt the game has the population to support this anymore, but it might have if they had implemented this idea 2 years ago when I suggested it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vorbane - Harshlands
    Vorbane - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    TW been broke since the beginning ;/
    rank 9 - 19% farmed
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    qft

8x hasn't been "high level" for years. Before hyper exp even came out 6x-7x's were just one-shot fodder for all the players with lunar **** from packs. I know because I played a squishy 7x cleric in TW, and guess what? I learned how to adapt to mot having the best gear instead of crying about the ones who did. Now that everyone is 100+ from hypering heads, it's still a game of skill vs. skill (where gear/money gives a distinct advantage of course). I could name a couple factions built by heavy spenders specifically for TW that failed horribly due to lack of skill and/or decent-geared second-line players. Not that someone who's pet peeve is anyone over lvl 100 would even listen anyway.

Yeah I know it hasn't been high lvl for years but back then TW was fun you didn't have to be 100+ to participate and a lot of the op gear didn't exist yet. I'm talking a long time ago like back in late 2008 early 2009 before even genies existed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • NatureLover - Harshlands
    NatureLover - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    What Astrelle said makes absolute sense. So I shall not repeat her point.

The current TW system is flawed. The best faction takes the map. The 2nd best gets nothing in the end. Why? Refer back to astrelle's post. And now, dont say this is anywhere near fair. I'm quite sure the next few best faction work their way there too.

The current system of TW is flawed because it incentivise only the top factions to participate. Smaller factions are denied this major function of the game just because they are "weak". Sure they can participate, but their participation is pointless, waste their time and money, and most of all, breaking any stack that could potentially bring down the top faction. And that deny them from ever gaining experience in TW-ing

To Zarni
    If viewed as a tactical war simulation, however, it isn't that simple. In real life it doesn't take anywhere near equal forces to dominate multiple opponents, it just takes better organization and forces stronger than any single opponent. The attacker handicap was meant to simulate this effect.

In real life, if 8 countries attack 1 big country, they would have to split their forces. I dont see how the current TW system simulate this effect. In real life, is there any global law or law in physics that says if there are more than 3 attackers, the max is only 3 country can attack 1. The other has to wait the next day.
    The attacker handicap was meant to simulate this effect, from what I can see. It's a very flawed system, but removing the restriction on attacker number would simply have the effect of splitting factions into smaller groups each intent on holding a couple lands.

In real life, there is no one country that dominate the world. Even the strongest empires in history like Roman Empire and Mongol Empire break apart because its too difficult to maintain their large piece of land (both internally and externally). So are you saying this: Oh because South Africa is not as powerful as the US militarily, therefore South Africa should not have what they have?
    What it comes down to, and always will no matter the rules, is people's motivation. If the top 10 geared/skilled players from all the tiny factions complaining about unfair TW moved their mains (I know you all have alts, lol, leave them in your home faction, many of us do.....) to one of the bigger factions a 3 way gank would be plenty to drop any TW monster.

This is where the flaw lies. In order to have a fun TW (i.e. to get at least the same level as the current top faction), you are forcing factions to disband, or should I say, small factions are forced to have their top players running to the top factions, leaving the rest of the factionmates to struggle by themselves for their quest and such.

Rallying multiple allies to attack one faction is itself, a strategy. The current system prevents this.
    If you don't want to win bad enough to do that, you don't want to win. Not wanting to win is fine, it's a game to be played however you wish, but please stop asking for everything to be handed to you.

If you cant sustain your 15++ lands, you dont want to sustain. Not wanting to sustain is fine, its a game to be played however you wish, but please stop asking there to be attacker handicap (i.e. limit to 3 attacks) to be handed to you.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    What people say makes sense, but why is this thread popping up now?

Find me a faction that can consistently field more than 100, let alone 180, and you might have a point. Gone are the days of "one faction having high levels and beating down 80 people with 40."

Now, everyone can be lvl 100, everyone can at least have rank8 + 10, and I don't see how you can defend 3 lands simultaneously.

I really don't see one faction taking over the map at this point, unless your server has no activity whatsoever.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited November 2011

that 'same exact enemy' wont want to continually lose the fee and charms if they keep losing so your wrong. Since when, in real life did the strong dictate to the weak when they could or couldnt make an attack?

There are many good points in this thread, but this aint one of them. Someone said, why does a faction deserve to hold s0 many territories if there are restrictions on others attacking and taking them. Thats the key question.
  • NatureLover - Harshlands
    NatureLover - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    What people say makes sense, but why is this thread popping up now?

Find me a faction that can consistently field more than 100, let alone 180, and you might have a point. Gone are the days of "one faction having high levels and beating down 80 people with 40."

Now, everyone can be lvl 100, everyone can at least have rank8 + 10, and I don't see how you can defend 3 lands simultaneously.

I really don't see one faction taking over the map at this point, unless your server has no activity whatsoever.

while the smaller factions get r8, the top factions have constant influx of full r9+10 registering into their factions. 40 r9 with free guild pots and charms funded by the weekly tw rewards and guild base equipments like arrows and buff can beat 80 non-r9 without any of those

And if your top faction cant beat 2v1 or 3v1? Its all cool, simply ask some nab faction to bid on you and there you go, their combo broken. Or you dont even have to do it. Nab factions would automatically "join in the fun" when they see 2-3 factions bidding on one. This is also another flaw in the TW system. Fake bidding (or just being lame) actually breaks an organised strategy.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    And yet, no guild is close to dominating the map right now, on Sanct at least. There is no such possibility here whatsoever, and that's simply because of what I said earlier: people can gear up and level up fast now.

Before, the top factions on Sanct were also the oldest factions, or at least factions composed of the older players. People there have farmed and played far longer than any random faction. This was when leveling took time, gear took time.

That's why you had 40 people defending 80...even rolling 80. How is that going to happen now? There is no way that your faction with 40 R9s defending would face no R9 from the opposing faction. Any random player can have R9 almost instantly. Do you have any idea how long the R9 sale has gone on and how common it is? I see no names from no name factions that I've never even seen anywhere PvP-related...with R9+10.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Vorbane - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Idk about your servers But HL is headed towards a one colored map. They have the most r9s vs the rest of the server which isnt geared as good
    rank 9 - 19% farmed
    edited November 2011
    And yet, no guild is close to dominating the map right now, on Sanct at least. There is no such possibility here whatsoever, and that's simply because of what I said earlier: people can gear up and level up fast now.

Before, the top factions on Sanct were also the oldest factions, or at least factions composed of the older players. People there have farmed and played far longer than any random faction. This was when leveling took time, gear took time.

That's why you had 40 people defending 80...even rolling 80. How is that going to happen now? There is no way that your faction with 40 R9s defending would face no R9 from the opposing faction. Any random player can have R9 almost instantly. Do you have any idea how long the R9 sale has gone on and how common it is? I see no names from no name factions that I've never even seen anywhere PvP-related...with R9+10.

It depends on server population. Not all of the servers are as well populated or competitive as Sanc. Even sanc's population only supports about 100 - 120 highly refined R9 players who TW. Each of those players are worth like 7 or 8 times an average R8 player.

This isn't counterstrike where there is an auto team button that adds players to the losing team. The game gives you honestly no incentive to join a losing team or to help out smaller factions. The best strategy is to join the winning side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    It depends on server population. Not all of the servers are as well populated or competitive as Sanc. Even sanc's population only supports about 100 - 120 highly refined R9 players who TW. Each of those players are worth like 7 or 8 times an average R8 player.

This isn't counterstrike where there is an auto team button that adds players to the losing team. The game gives you honestly no incentive to join a losing team or to help out smaller factions. The best strategy is to join the winning side.

Point.

But, counterpoint...

What happens when the winning side isn't accepting applications? You have to settle for the second best, or go lone ranger (maybe why there's so many random level 3 factions now?).

An R9+10 might be "worth several R8" players, but then you run into idiots who have the gear and the characters, but have no clue at all what they are doing. Look at Roid, in a 1v1, he can faceroll just about anyone, even while wearing OHT gear (yeah, yeah, duels don't count, blah blah, talk to the hand, whatever), but in a TW, with R9 and refines, he's gonna be worth several R9+10 people who have no clue what 'this button' and 'that button' do, how to get out of a stunlock, how TO stunlock, etc.

Gear isn't the absolute end of the game. Having the skill to use it takes time.

Kinda like in CoD, the original. I used to play on a 40v40 server, and got eaten alive. So, I joined a rifles only server, and kept at it until I became a crack shot with ironsights. Then a Sniper rifle only server, pistols only server, etc. Then I went back to the 40v40 server, and was suddenly #1 on the rankings, sometimes had 800 kills where #2 had 200 or less. That's really nolifing, but... What else do you do with no job during summer break during high school? b:chuckle

Just cause you paid the server admin so you could have 10 blast packs on game start doesn't mean you have a clue how to use them. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited November 2011

You must be thinking of a different game. This game doesn't require much skill and is all about gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vorbane - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    You must be thinking of a different game. This game doesn't require much skill and is all about gear.

Lol QFT
    rank 9 - 19% farmed
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Um excuse me......I earned level 100 and hardly just followed my guild has worked to stay on the map since the start of the game ^^ if thats not working to be the top I wish to know what is.

Heh so you think............ I can take on rank 8 gear in TT 90 and win.........easily..........because I know how to play b:cute granted I can't really squish r9 but thats where teamwork trumps your stupidly high cash count.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LoraTab - Dreamweaver
    LoraTab - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Well for sure Dreamweaver is headed to a one faction map. There are many reasons I'm sure.

I have twed against the Regenesis faction (the leading one) and frankly its no fun and really will choose not to, however if I could tw against lesser factions-maybe the number 2-6 factions..well that would be more equal an much more fun.

The problem is equal factions fighting each other is not possible because one single faction is allowed to take the entire map an we must all fight them or nobody...Great way to make a fun mass pvp system
  • TwinDreams - Harshlands
    TwinDreams - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2011

An R9+10 might be "worth several R8" players, but then you run into idiots who have the gear and the characters, but have no clue at all what they are doing. Look at Roid, in a 1v1, he can faceroll just about anyone, even while wearing OHT gear (yeah, yeah, duels don't count, blah blah, talk to the hand, whatever), but in a TW, with R9 and refines, he's gonna be worth several R9+10 people who have no clue what 'this button' and 'that button' do, how to get out of a stunlock, how TO stunlock, etc.

Heh so you think............ I can take on rank 8 gear in TT 90 and win.........easily..........because I know how to play granted I can't really squish r9 but thats where teamwork trumps your stupidly high cash count.

Why do people keep relating 1v1 skills to TW? 1v1 is largely different. You can kite all you want, or just holy path back to base for all we care. If the opponent cant catch up to you, they'll kill your teammates and carry on pushing. What contributions do you make in the TW? With your OHT or your TT90 weapon?

Moreover you are assuming the opponent has no skills. Majority of the people who manage to join a TW-ing faction at least know the basics, not to the extent of dont even know which button to press >.<

Coordinations do count, but when there's big gear difference, its pointless. Say a scenario where there's 5 r9 vs 5 tt99/r8. The 5 r8 can call out one target, assuming no walking time, no reaction time, absolute coordination, all fire one shot at the same time at one target. Gratz you took down one r9. Meanwhile the other 4 r9 2 shots the 5 of u, without even needing to coordinate.

And that again, you are assuming the r9 team has NO coordination.

See this. The opponent is the server's 2nd best faction and even then I dont see how they can coordinate in this situation. The gear difference is so large that its not even funny.

Of course, skills and coordination still counts, but still gears still count the most. Only when gears are near equal when skills and coordination really shine