Nerfed TT drops?

__Kikyo__ - Lost City
__Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Ever since the latest patch.I noticed the drops in TT are worse.I do 3-1 on med mode and I get one or two green mats a run or none.sacred mother orb boss drops no green mats every run.Im lucky if I get one green mat.Sorcer hands used to drop about 2-4 mats.It now drops zero or one green mat.I do alot of TT runs as in I no life TT.Its how I make money in this game.No its not my luck its the ****ing droprate and its bad.Im sure any answer will be you have bad luck or they never nerfed the droprate.But I dont believe it.Just throwing out my nerd rage. bye :P
Post edited by __Kikyo__ - Lost City on

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Ever since the latest patch.I noticed the drops in TT are worse.I do 3-1 on med mode and I get one or two green mats a run or none.sacred mother orb boss drops no green mats every run.Im lucky if I get one green mat.Sorcer hands used to drop about 2-4 mats.It now drops zero or one green mat.I do alot of TT runs as in I no life TT.Its how I make money in this game.No its not my luck its the ****ing droprate and its bad.Im sure any answer will be you have bad luck or they never nerfed the droprate.But I dont believe it.Just throwing out my nerd rage. bye :P

5 hours running TT3-3 2 days ago. Came out with 10 gold mats.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited November 2011

I've had an unusual amount of trouble with 3-1 as well lately. Im dead serious...10 runs and not a single green drop from snake boss. I've been doing this HH for weeks for the Scared Mothers Aura and I've only managed 1 (and that dropped on a squad a friend has started).

I know we don't want to hear it, but I honestly think its luck. We can have a pity party for ourselves b:cry
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    hmm i will agree that 3-1 doesn't drop as much as it use to. However the other tt's are still perfect for me. 3-3 is a blessingb:dirty
  • TrueDMG - Sanctuary
    TrueDMG - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    18 2-3 runs in a row without a gold drop from AE ....b:angry
    Still making cions in soloing it cause of antennas.
    i
  • Atlantasia - Sanctuary
    Atlantasia - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Well, Friday night I did 3 runs of TT 3-1 and got 2 Auras and 1 GBS, last night I did 6 and got only one evil minions shell and a few days ago I did 5 and got 2 evil minions shells. I've had varying amounts of orbs, one time it was 11, another 5 and another 17, same with hands, one time it was 5 another 9 and another 18... I've had a lot of variation but the drop rate's been fine in TT 3-1 for me. So maybe some people are just luckier than others? I've personally had **** luck in TTs during double drops but I have excellent drop rates during normal times.
  • patmann
    patmann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I've done 2x 3-2 squad and one 3-3 squad in the past few days. 3-2 came out more profitable material wise with 1 gold, unless you count the Twilight Scepter that dropped in 3-3. 7 fairy boxes in 3-2, 21 in 3-3. 3-3 solo mode on the other hand, the DQ items and coin drops from mobs were worth more than what the bosses dropped.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    18 2-3 runs in a row without a gold drop from AE ....b:angry
    Still making cions in soloing it cause of antennas.
    i

LOL, I remember soloing AE during 2x, did it about 15 times total, no gold mat.

After 2x, solo'd AE again, and it dropped a gold mat a few times.

.........luck is cruel. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Matgatg - Sanctuary
    Matgatg - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    When people say they solo tt, but are fighting squad mode bosses, i presume they opened the tt in squad mode, and cleared it themselves? Or they open the solo mode, and some squad bosses are hanging around? Slightly confused, never did solo mode, was wondering.

Drops seem normal to me. I get 3~7 fairy boxes per run.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I usually assume the person is soloing squad mode, because to me, that's what most players I know do these days.

Personally, soloing TT for me is always squad mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    i did alot of 3-1 today and only got 7 sorcer hands,and 4 mother orbs. 15 runs... each time the sorcer boss dropped 0-1-2 mats.mother orbs drop 0-1.ijs they nerfed the droprate in 3-1 and didnt tell us.b:bye
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i did alot of 3-1 today and only got 7 sorcer hands,and 4 mother orbs. 15 runs... each time the sorcer boss dropped 0-1-2 mats.mother orbs drop 0-1.ijs they nerfed the droprate in 3-1 and didnt tell us.b:bye

Welcome to how 3-1 always was? See what 2x is doing to ppl :(
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    LOL, I remember soloing AE during 2x, did it about 15 times total, no gold mat.

After 2x, solo'd AE again, and it dropped a gold mat a few times.

.........luck is cruel. b:cry

^ this.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2011

ROFLMAO!!!!b:pleasedb:laugh

Not just TT drop's, but drop rates in general everywhere.....

I've noticed 6 mob kills for just 1 meesely friggen coin drop (No other drops), in Boundless Grasslands, without another soul being anywhere near me in the area, too nerf the drop rates either...b:surrender

It's lame.....b:coldb:sweat
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    My girlfriend and I have ran about 15 TT 3-1's in the past four days. We've made about a 15mil profit each, plenty of green mats, and about... 6 Gold mats.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Ugh... Why is it after almost every patch that someone has to claim that TT drops were nerfed? b:surrender

If that were true all of those times, at this point the bosses wouldn't be dropping anything. b:beatup

People, please be aware of the "post hoc ergo propter hoc" fallacy. Just because you see A happen then B happen, does not necessarily mean that A caused B.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    I know it sounds dumb to say the drops been nerfed.But perfect stones now drop in 3-1.Seeing that they drop in 3-1 now and these 2 bosses.Sorcer hand boss and sacred mother orb boss.Now have even a lower droprate.Do the run alot and you will see i am right.I wouldnt be here complaining.

If the mats are rare now it will make them worth more,im fine with that.But players who dont farm dont realise these mats have a bad droprate and demand to buy them for such a low payment.I dont know where im getting at anymoreb:sweat forget it..
  • YouriNishi - Raging Tide
    YouriNishi - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    You're not the only one noticing a change in drop rates in 3-1. I solo farm squad high and every since the last patch drops seems offb:surrender
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    You're not the only one noticing a change in drop rates in 3-1. I solo farm squad high and every since the last patch drops seems offb:surrender

thanks for saying something not like the GM said.Which was so helpful...
    Seeing that the timed boss in 3-1 no longer drops fairy boxes and NOW Perfect Stones,
    and the rest of the bosses barely even drops any fairy boxes like b4 the patch.We now
    have a less chance of getting more then 2 Green Mats from 3-1!I telling you i've done enough HH to know wtf im talking about.If you dont believe me go do the HH a few times on party mode med or hard mode.DO IT. you will see. b:bye
  • Tolliver - Dreamweaver
    Tolliver - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Ugh... Why is it after almost every patch that someone has to claim that TT drops were nerfed? b:surrender

If that were true all of those times, at this point the bosses wouldn't be dropping anything. b:beatup

People, please be aware of the "post hoc ergo propter hoc" fallacy. Just because you see A happen then B happen, does not necessarily mean that A caused B.

Here we have the pwi equivalent response of "Nothing to see here move along" while the men behind them slightly alter the code.

Drop rates HAVE been changed in this game. Try going and killing mobs in the new locations then killing the same lvl ones in the old places. TT has been changed and with the adding and now the removal of fairy boxes there was a slight drop off in the rates for the instances they were taken from. As a player that's been here since beta I can say they have been quietly reducing the drop for a long time and not just in TT. But yes "Move along nothing to see here".

And before we get the comments, yes this is my secondary account b:chuckle
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    Here we have the pwi equivalent response of "Nothing to see here move along" while the men behind them slightly alter the code.

Drop rates HAVE been changed in this game. Try going and killing mobs in the new locations then killing the same lvl ones in the old places. TT has been changed and with the adding and now the removal of fairy boxes there was a slight drop off in the rates for the instances they were taken from. As a player that's been here since beta I can say they have been quietly reducing the drop for a long time and not just in TT. But yes "Move along nothing to see here".

And before we get the comments, yes this is my secondary account b:chuckle

yep^

The more people who do TT will realise and come here and post your thoughts.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I've noticed a lack of TT mats dropping as well, been like this since the last 2x. TT3-1 you're lucky to get 3 mats from any of the bosses, Colluseast, Steelation, and Nemen seem to have the worst drop rates usually dropping 0-1 mat each per run.

I'm running a TT2-3 at the moment and so far the drops are leaving a lot to be desired, 1 drop from the fat lion and no drops from Ape.
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    Well TT mats are going to go in value now since they nerfed the droprate after thx to the whole fairy boxes.I am now selling my mats for alot more now and people are buying them.Sorry cashshoppers.Dont get mad when you see a high price TT itenm in ah.Go farm for yourself and see the horrer.b:surrender
  • Tolliver - Dreamweaver
    Tolliver - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Its not just you and most notably the reduction seems to coincide with the ending of a 2x period. I ran TT all last night to confirm and there is a noticeable reduction from what was dropping before 2x and removal of the boxes.

Older players if there are still any about will remember just with normal questing having to stop and go clear inventory during some of the larger mob kill quests. Not just **** drops either by the way. Same with old school TT runs were it only took a couple with full squad an you had all your gear. Problem is now most new players will comment on the the reduction with "blah your seeing things" or "what reduction" with out knowing the difference.
  • Tiana__ - Sanctuary
    Tiana__ - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Personally I think they nerfed the drop rate to prevent people making money like they seem to do with anything that enables players to make cash without using real money. I used to run alot of TT have always really liked doing so and used to make pretty good money doing so. Now the drops are so poor I really dont think its worth the time and effort to do it so as an old school player thats run TT for along time the rate has defo been altered
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I also have noticed a difference. I did a four 2-3 runs last week and the turnout was quite nice; every time was around 8-15 green mats and twice Astralwalker dropped a gold mat. Did two since the patch this week and both times we made out with 2-4 green mats the whole run, no gold, almost no dq or coins, and only a few fairy boxes.
    Yet, conveniently enough, the drop of Stones of Sacred Temple from the bosses seems to have gone up a lot, as we ended up with loads of them.

I also noticed an increase in the strength of the bosses of some instances. I did a 59 for a fac buddy two days ago and the bosses were doing over twice the damage to my herc that they use to do.
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I also noticed an increase in the strength of the bosses of some instances. I did a 59 for a fac buddy two days ago and the bosses were doing over twice the damage to my herc that they use to do.

Strength of bosses at bh59 is random every time.

Sometimes Zimo hit my Wizard about 600 in average, sometimes 1300.

It was always so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    This is my small guide about FB19 instance ( in august 2009 !):
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=367262
    (you can read at the end of the post that i have +80 runs in caves)

At that time i had between 80-100 solo runs in all FB19 caves, for drops tests to see if there are according to pwdatabase.And yes it was very close to percentages, only bad thing it is the Moonlight Bow MOLD which im very sure its a drop flaged only in squad and only if at least 2 members are inside and low lvls.In 100 runs i got almost any kind of FB19 molds ( sometimes even 2 diff. molds droped for a veno 30 lvl )but never as SOLO the moonlight bow, only in team , 2 times.
    Now after almost 1 year break , came to see whats new , also did around 15 runs on fb19 caves to test again.
    SURPRISE !! Drops are highly reduced , POISONTAIL OCCULTIST-scorpion boss from elf cave hits less ..,the scorpion patrol in elf cave its gone, and 2 undines patrols in boss room , now are only near the boss.
    Seems the drops rates are in secret , very slow , not be remarked , reduced in any caves, and the bosses are droping now better only if you ARE DOING THAT BOSS FOR FIRST the TIME or IF YOU(r)/SQUAD IS FLAGED WITH QUEST !
    I soloed alot fb19, fb29, fb 39 and recently fb 51 (1st 2 bosses) and im telling you the drops rates are reduced ,specialy for molds,even if you are close to the boss lvl, and its not about 2x drops event..
    I guess these can be tweaked according to population number active on game on last few months ( not to get a overloading of the market with molds) ,but in 2008,2009 in game players was much more (active or registered) than are now.Now are less ppl in game but the drop rate are worst !! And im saying this from a lot experience in soloing bosses !!

Do not believe in drop rate published numbers in an online game, only when the game is new ! and even if its new , you cant see the real percentages in server .
    About the TT drops ? Well all i know it was BETTER till they changed and added perfect stones as drops from TT bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Someone at PWI has done a few spreadsheets that tell them that in the limited time the franchise has left before two major new MMO's blow them out of the water, the most profitable thing to do is force the cash shoppers to pay a premium for everything. This means player farmed items are no longer desirable, hence drop rates get nerfed to oblivion.
    Just some guy
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Strength of bosses at bh59 is random every time.

Sometimes Zimo hit my Wizard about 600 in average, sometimes 1300.

It was always so.

the str is not random,

Zimo;
    Physical Attack
    2348 - 5477
    Magic Attack
    2348 - 5478

the dmg just spikes sometimes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Someone at PWI has done a few spreadsheets that tell them that in the limited time the franchise has left before two major new MMO's blow them out of the water, the most profitable thing to do is force the cash shoppers to pay a premium for everything. This means player farmed items are no longer desirable, hence drop rates get nerfed to oblivion.

I'm playing on DW since server opened. This is just a new char.
    I farmed a lot of stuff since 2009, and yeah, drops have been nerfed. Not only in TT, in open world too. GMs say it's not true? Bullshyt!!!!!!!!!!!!. GMs don't have any idea what they are doing or what's happening ingame anyway. The drop rates have been slowly decreased Which is normal if you think about it. More high lvls that can farm means a lot of independent money makers. PWI doesnlike f2p, they do not make money out of that. They need you to pay for stuff, and all their business model is based on the impatience of the people that want something and want it today. Drop rates didn’t matter 2.5 years ago too much, because there were a handful of squads doing TT 3-x because, well, it took many many hours to complete and highest grade weapons at that time were TT90 green with maybe a +3 to +5 refine in the best case scenario. Go now in TT 2-x and try to do it with TT90 green wep/gear, see what a struggle that is. So, obviously, drop rates were better. 5 aps , and 5 aps sins especially broke the game on farming side. We can do as many runs as we want, wherever we want in a fraction of the time it takes a team to do it. Go farm books in SoT with a squad of non aps and time it. I can do it in 10-15 min max. Wanna compare times? This is why PWI had to reduce drops, or items ingame would have got so cheap that everyone would have been full geared to their desire. They cannot allow that. They need to make money to survive.

And they have about 6 months left until they die. And no, this is not another “the game is dead” hollow statement. There are better and more balanced (at least on paper) games coming out early next year and I , as well as a lot others that I know, will go to those games as soon as they launch. For the hardcore cash shoppers/MMO aficionados those will be the games where boosting their e-peen will mean something. No one will care about you being godly in PWI when the new mechanics and combat will be so much more complex and skill demanding in G u ild Wars or Ter.a.

This game is not dead and won’t die from packs, r9 or other ****. But it will be KO dead cold by at least the 2 names above.
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.