Nerfed TT drops?

2»

Comments

• Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    pwi done at least a dozen x2 now and how many time this topic come up after each x2 drop bonus? b:laugh

general population dont understand probability at all

u have expected drop rate bias bcs of x2

wen i solo tt i get mad after x2 cuz drop rate back to crappy normal thats ok

but i see ppl saying this is conspiracy to make more money lol so many stupid ppl that post on these forums
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    you fail to grasp the idea behind the latest posts, so you've kinda' included yourself in the "so many stupid ppl".

I'm going to repeat the idea now, maybe your peabrain might get it: it's not the "after 2x " effect here, it's about the generic drop rate that got nerfed in time, and people with experience in this game and some brain to put 2 and 2 together realize that. Let me give you a short example: in 2009 at lvl 70 I was grinding some mobs for DQ items with an average of 800-900k/hour drop (including DQ+ gear drop). I did the same thing out of curiosity 2 months ago, before the anniversary 2x. The same spot, the same mobs, same level char, just different class - but even faster kill because of higher refines. Income after 1h of grind? 300k. Another example: In 2009 december I opened 3rd map on my wizard and it was a pretty nice place to grind. I was doing 1h rounds again, until clerc buffs ran out. Income? 1.1-1.2 mil coins . Again, same test done a couple of days back, same char - income: 600k.

now take your out of thin air math and pot smoke filled ideas and shove them up your ... special place where the sun doesn't shine.
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    edited November 2011
    i fail to grasp ur bullshyt numbers pulled out of ur *** u mean?

drop rate not calculated by "i r grind 1 hr i get 5m at chosen point and then at another chosen point get less therefore drop nerfd qqqqqq"

ppl know u never timed exactly 1 hr at random point a yr or 2 ago and magically remember these numbers

when u learn how to calculate drop rate to prove it decreased then ur pulled out of ur *** numbers mean something first try use sample sizes and exact amt of time grind and on what mob since not all dq same drop rate

it like these idiots breed with 9-11 truthers and look for conspiracy some of us know how probability works and dont buy ur made up ****

seen no proof ever drop rate altered since 2008 beside either x2 event or major change to area like fcc

this claim happen every time and only evidence at all shows expected drop rate not satisfatory so qq and make up bs like above post to give fake credibility some of us know better
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    pwi done at least a dozen x2 now and how many time this topic come up after each x2 drop bonus? b:laugh

general population dont understand probability at all

u have expected drop rate bias bcs of x2

wen i solo tt i get mad after x2 cuz drop rate back to crappy normal thats ok

but i see ppl saying this is conspiracy to make more money lol so many stupid ppl that post on these forums

And how long has it been since the month-long 2x? You are assuming everyone is just complaining about the lack of 2x, and it is quite condescending and insulting to those of us who don't fall into your little assumption.

It has nothing to do with "2x drop rate bias". I wasn't online farming during the 2x, since we have one computer and my boyfriend needed the 2x to farm Nirvana for his gear, and the little time I was online I used to farm special-grade herbs and do my dailies. When I say the drop rates are noticeably lower in TT, I am going by my experiences in TT prior to the month-long 2x, as well as after 2x was over all the way up to the latest patch. Since the latest patch have I noticed a considerably lower rate of green mat drops, and a considerably higher rate of blue mat drops like stones of sacred temple and klunkies.
    Do I think this is some conspiracy? Not at all. I think it is simply the chinese devs looking at how the market for mats are with the chinese players, and tweaking the drop tables to keep the mat market from crashing. And over there, where heavy cash shopping isn't a norm, it is probably not even noticed. But, over here where the free player has very little options for making money aside from heavy merchanting(which isn't really an option for people like my boyfriend and I who share a comp in addition to spending the majority of our waking hours offline in the real world) the drop rate decrease is very noticeable.
    And no, I don't think the chinese devs are in the wrong for it. Because they are suppose to be catering to their own players first. It is up to PWI management over here to inform them of such issues so they can deal with it, and I honestly don't think that happens; in my opinion, the devs are simply scapegoats for PWI management so all of the player hate doesn't get directed at them. And the drop rate issue is just another one of those issues.
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    3-1 drops were nerfed to **** a long time ago. I don't think it's possible to make them any lower. b:laugh
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    edited November 2011
    devotion wrote: »
    3-1 drops were nerfed to **** a long time ago. I don't think it's possible to make them any lower. b:laugh
    if ur talking b4 instance used be saved days and days i never notice any diff
    And how long has it been since the month-long 2x? You are assuming everyone is just complaining about the lack of 2x, and it is quite condescending and insulting to those of us who don't fall into your little assumption.

It has nothing to do with "2x drop rate bias". I wasn't online farming during the 2x, since we have one computer and my boyfriend needed the 2x to farm Nirvana for his gear, and the little time I was online I used to farm special-grade herbs and do my dailies. When I say the drop rates are noticeably lower in TT, I am going by my experiences in TT prior to the month-long 2x, as well as after 2x was over all the way up to the latest patch. Since the latest patch have I noticed a considerably lower rate of green mat drops, and a considerably higher rate of blue mat drops like stones of sacred temple and klunkies.
    Do I think this is some conspiracy? Not at all. I think it is simply the chinese devs looking at how the market for mats are with the chinese players, and tweaking the drop tables to keep the mat market from crashing. And over there, where heavy cash shopping isn't a norm, it is probably not even noticed. But, over here where the free player has very little options for making money aside from heavy merchanting(which isn't really an option for people like my boyfriend and I who share a comp in addition to spending the majority of our waking hours offline in the real world) the drop rate decrease is very noticeable.
    And no, I don't think the chinese devs are in the wrong for it. Because they are suppose to be catering to their own players first. It is up to PWI management over here to inform them of such issues so they can deal with it, and I honestly don't think that happens; in my opinion, the devs are simply scapegoats for PWI management so all of the player hate doesn't get directed at them. And the drop rate issue is just another one of those issues.
    me my boyfriend aunt dog cat fish etc all notice no diff and it just as credable as ur point... in srs tho i solo farm also and notice no diff except this discussion happen every single time wo fail shortly after x2 event

pwe alredy get enough cash from idiots they dont need modify drop rate get more cs user

all these supposed regulars come out at the same time follow x2 and always nonproof u think with all these countless hrs grinding they might show some distribution since drop rate is fixed probability but the only couple time i ever seen someone challenge drop rate it affirm pwdatabase result within moe so wo regard how many qq it show up as expected result bias until someone want to use real math and probability not pull numbers out *** like user in prv response
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    So I'm the only one getting decent drops, then?
    b:victory
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The bottom line...all drops have been nerfed a long time...some days you get better drops....some days it sucks.

shut up and play the damn game

The real issue is ppl don't play for fun, they play for the drops. Why not just try having fun again?

ijs
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    might post here some gm alts or even a bored dev from game team to keep telling us its not true or the drops may vary on some days ..LOL (with all respect even the GMs or Admin are new :))
    Do not believe them ! (even if they post as 105 lvl or 3 or 250 level normal characters xD)
    Id like to meet the person which tested(and still sometimes) FB19 caves(with a lowest veno posible to tank) since 2008 !! i bet not even a dev player's alt didnt done 100+ runs to see every tiny change.
    Even the genies are nerfed too did you knew that ? When genies came out , genies could get lucky points everytime level up (randomly and couldnt get higher points than the lvl ofc ) not every 10 lvls like now.Still Affinity remain unchanged - every 5 lvls.Also Tree of Protection genie skill was nerfed too with higher requirements (surprise ! when i came back to game i cant use tree of protection skill anymore!).
    Veterans know what im talking about.
    Drops rates are highly modified since november 2008 when i started game !
    Even decomposing a 3 star gear 19 lvl doesnt give you a mirage celestone anymore..in fact you cant decompose it now
    Did you know that 1st lvl herbs was looking different in 1st patches ?
    Did you know that farming a herb when game started was giving to you only 1-2 units and not 2-3 like now ? :) and you could buy herbs from everywhere even very cheap ?
    Im glad FiveAps or veterans since nov,octomber or even september 2008 can see and compare the tweaks to game which many are worst not better.
    I cant say that everything in game is changed but A LOT are not the same anymore.. :(
    A 2x drops event (now) will "REVERT" the drop rates as it was when game started + 2 % or so + another chance to receive the "cloned" (2nd) drops..!
    The real issue is ppl don't play for fun, they play for the drops. Why not just try having fun again?

ijs

You are 100+ lvl why dont you give me(us) your drops from lunar or nirvana if you dont need them ? Seems you dont like to be rewarded after you complete an istance with some drops..Do you work in real for free or fun ? xD (to bad you're not on same server:))

But don't worry dear PWI players , more content will come to game and the Perfect World will turn into a Immaculate World or Beautiful World ! xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    thanks for saying something not like the GM said.Which was so helpful...
    I'm not a GM, I'm a moderator. In other words, I'm a player, just like you, however I have a few other things I'm allowed to help out with around here.
    Seeing that the timed boss in 3-1 no longer drops fairy boxes and NOW Perfect Stones,
    and the rest of the bosses barely even drops any fairy boxes like b4 the patch.We now
    have a less chance of getting more then 2 Green Mats from 3-1!I telling you i've done enough HH to know wtf im talking about.If you dont believe me go do the HH a few times on party mode med or hard mode.DO IT. you will see. b:bye
    I don't need to do it, I can actually look at the data in the game's files and tell you exactly what the drop rates were and what they are now.

Name a boss and I can list any differences in that boss' TT mat drop rates for you in v402 (Rising Tide release) versus the current rates.

I've done this before on previous "nerfed TT drops" threads, and nobody's ever shown a real difference, a few just assert that that it's worse for them, which has never been more than bad luck.

P.S. Yes, the Fairy Boxes went away from some TT instances, but that wasn't what I was referring to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)