So we gonna get new DQ rewards tomorrow right?

Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
As Frankie said we get new DQ rewards a week after trial update. So be prepared for tomorrow.b:chuckleb:chuckle
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Mumintroll - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    o.0 a different color horse? maybe a poo horse this time?
  • Os_bm - Harshlands
    Os_bm - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    r9 medals again? ohhh how funny can i be b:pleased
  • godsmartyr
    godsmartyr Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Your reward should be a kick in the face for still playing this game, but to each his own. b:bye
    Retired Jan 2010.
    Sins = Do not want.
    You think winning a dead game matters?
    I pity you.
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    What we knew as the pillar pet getting put on the list under a different name? Maybe even seeing a post from Frankie apologizing for the inconvenience and breaking the news to us that we must spend another 15k points if we want the glowy one back because it's too difficult for the chimps they have working over there to correct the error they made? Basically a slap in the face to those of us that acquired a pillar pet prior to last week's update.

Maybe a gold or some other horrid color hellhound or fox as well. Because the game totally needs more reskinned mounts! Amirite?

That's about all I'm really expecting from the DQ rewards page update... whenever it happens.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Summerwind Token
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    o.0 a different color horse? maybe a poo horse this time?

I lolled... b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Summerwind Token

Expected price: 500,000 Dragon Points.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Expected price: 500,000 Dragon Points.

I'd be fine with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I'd be fine with that.

Yeah...

After checking more accurately, it'd probably be more like 10,000,000 points.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • jabbl1
    jabbl1 Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Summerwind Token

Summerwind tokens = 10 dq points for 1 b:cute
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    09-15-2011, 05:06 PM
    Hey all,

Our developers have asked us to remove the Rank-attaining items from the DQ Shop.

This means that, in 24 hours, the Mysterious Chips and Wraith Officer's Badge will no longer be available for purchase with DQ points.

The devs' reasoning in this matter is that they are working on some new content involving gear, and they want to eliminate certain methods for obtaining Rank stuff, at least temporarily.

We'll see if we can get them back in at some point in the future, but for now I'm afraid they'll have to be removed. The good news is that the DQ shop will be updated again next month with at least one new item, and it's a good one.

Thanks all, and I'm sorry about this inconvenience.

Well with the next month he was originally talking about come and gone (yet a another empty promise from the great ole folks at pwi) I really wouldn't hold your breath waiting on diarrhea the pony
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Probably a recolored item that most players have already. I would be shocked if they did add some vital material for recasting, but nonetheless, players will find fault in it. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Well with the next month he was originally talking about come and gone (yet a another empty promise from the great ole folks at pwi) I really wouldn't hold your breath waiting on diarrhea the pony

This frankie statement was CHANGED!!! It was NOT next month, but he said that change shouldn't be more than a week from upgrade. He just changed a week for a month. You can be sure I remember it correctly.
    From now I'm gonna copy all his words, because apparently he lying again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Might have been in another thread where he said a week after the content update. I didn't really bother too look since they never hold to any type of time table. The one I quoted was when they yanked rep out of the DQ so they could put it in cs permanently just to be sure that's the one you meant . The posts from him sound like so much BLahh ba blaahh bwaaa waaa(insert charlie brown parents talking) they all kinda run together.
    This frankie statement was CHANGED!!! It was NOT next month, but he said that change shouldn't be more than a week from upgrade. He just changed a week for a month. You can be sure I remember it correctly.

An yes I have seen him go back a ninja edit his posts in situations like that. Either way its pretty much the same old same old.
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I will be very surprised if they add new DQ rewards this year b:scorn
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Oh come on.

Just ****ing give up on the DQ Rewards shop.

And just give up on the Core Connect Token shop too.

Seriously, there has been NOTHING new in there worth getting since Medals and Rep were removed from DQ Rewards. >_> Well... There's Random Pigments, but that's it.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • jaanyoo
    jaanyoo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    godsmartyr wrote: »
    Your reward should be a kick in the face for still playing this game, but to each his own. b:bye

and your reward should be a kick in the face for still checking these forums after
    *looks at your sig* retiring over a year ago b:bye

but to each his own b:bye
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Hey all,

Our developers have asked us to remove the Rank-attaining items from the DQ Shop.

This means that, in 24 hours, the Mysterious Chips and Wraith Officer's Badge will no longer be available for purchase with DQ points.

The devs' reasoning in this matter is that they are working on some new content involving gear ...

1. This is new gear.

All items obtained to the DQ system were meant to be bound to your character

2. It is bound to your character.
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    That week is for the GMs to allow QA to test the item to make sure it performs as planned. After that testing period, it would be added to the DQ shop.

3. It would be added to the DQ shop this week.

Do you need new bound to you TT armor ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Any word on this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Any word on this?

You joking?

There won't be word on it until after it happens.

If there is before, it'll be sketchy, and untrue anyway (look at quoted frankie posts for reference).
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    B> Updates.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011

They don't really care much about players trolling and defaming other players, but I'm sure you'll get a stern warning for this.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Okay, let me just explain now that the quote from me in no way constitutes an official statement. I do not work for PWE, and as such have no express knowledge of their plans and updates.

Also, the post being quoted by frankie was about the 9 trials update, yes. They (PWE) apparently expected it to come in the month of October. It was (apparently) delayed, and so anything he said at that point, barring him being a seer, would be null.

I can't tell you when to expect the item in certainty, but all hints were that it would be released a week after the patch.

Again, this is a guess, not a certainty. Frankie never specifically said that the DQ shop item would be released the week after the patch, he just said soon after the patch.

Hopefully this answers some questions, and quells some expectations.
    edited November 2011
    I'm going by this quote:
    The item itself is coming in the same update as the SP fix and EG R9 gear. We should be able to put it in the DQ shop about a week after that.

Just asking for an update from frankie of the current status.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    I'm going by this quote:

Just asking for an update from frankie of the current status.

Yeah, I'd love to help you... but apparently he went home. b:surrender
    edited November 2011
    Yeah, I'd love to help you... but apparently he went home. b:surrender

Normally I get the impression that mods are told very little more than players about what's going on but you always seem knowledgable about PWE staff... are you sure you're just a mod? b:puzzled

I wonder what goes on in that Circle of Doom....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Any word on this?

Summer ..... wait for it........

wind token
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Boy and girls, you know the song...come on and sing it with me...

The new items are causing "client instability"but don't worry, they will be coming "soon"

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Normally I get the impression that mods are told very little more than players about what's going on but you always seem knowledgable about PWE staff... are you sure you're just a mod? b:puzzled

I wonder what goes on in that Circle of Doom....

We have a direct line to frankie, that's about it.b:chuckle

How else do you think he finds out so fast when you guys get out-of-hand after-hours?b:mischievous
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Again, this is a guess, not a certainty. Frankie never specifically said that the DQ shop item would be released the week after the patch, he just said soon after the patch.

Hopefully this answers some questions, and quells some expectations.

Rule of thumb: If you expect it in a week, tell everyone a month. That way, if it arrives early, you look good...