Catalyst Wins TW's

Options

Comments

• Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Valhalla was losing to Catalyst in 30 minutes or less, and this was when they were at the peak of their power and UrDian still played, and most of the Cata members were supposedly afk playing league of legends.

Apparently Valhalla is so non-factor now they can't even do anything while stacking w/ the 2nd strongest faction (Kylin) on the server. Valhalla completely blew their last, *last* chance for any sort of redemption.

On another note, still boggles me why people get R9 *to* join the #1 faction, since the only benefit is money, and people who have R9 don't actually really need money.

People can pretend they are in a faction for "friends" or w/e, but people don't stop being friends just because you're in another faction. Unless, of course, they're your friend only because you both happened to need Full RB @ the same time.

ATM Harshlands is just a glorified chat room filled with people wearing gear that costs $2000.

One final note. Anyone selling a ton of DQ for cheap? Or random dyes for cheap? I need to get the perfect yellow color for my Mystic, but I need to accomplish this without any grinding, and staying under my fashion budget of 5 million coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • tfi3f
    tfi3f Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Love you Eo <3

EDIT: Mm, watched it in 720p, like a boss \o/

EDIT2: In FULL SCREEN BABY
    Valhalla disband. That is all \o/

"The thing about winners is... they get to write the history books, and they get to analyze everything from high atop their winner's perch.

Doesn't matter what the circumstances are." -- Burnout, Harshlands, Wizard.
  • Deteriorate - Harshlands
    Deteriorate - Harshlands Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

LAwl, my god I was a **** cleric apparently, i was never able to heal like that.

Shoulda listened to Bloop and rerolled wiz sooner b:cry

EDIT:

Good vid btw.
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I frapsed too.

There were two highlights

1) Valhalla lost before we even reached Catalyst's gate.

2) I couldn't move anywhere because there were r9 +12 sins on top of me everywhere I went.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Haha. Thanks guys. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• devil0is0here
    devil0is0here Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Kewl vid.

Q. Why is da other cleric dying in catalyst base?
    A. valhala got many ppl attacking catalyst crystal..maybe?

Why would you guys (valhala) stack wtih another strong faction when you are also doing a crystal rush... even before the other faction can go into tw war? If you wanna give catalyst a better fight.. then employ all your twers to defend.. cycle AD.. use pots.. and stay alive and defend for at least 10min +, thus giving the other faction a chance to stack literally.

Learn from it pls. Maybe discuss with da other leader too before tw, and for God's sake stop dose catalyst bishes.b:victory

I just don wanna see mono-color map and all da competitive tws to go away. Not good for my charm sellin business. b:shutup
  • TwinDreams - Harshlands
    TwinDreams - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

I think I see more r9 Catalyst than non-r9...
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    MindCrime - Harshlands Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yanno, Burnout is a very smart cookie.

Don't tell him that though. Shhhhh.b:shutup
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I see me tanking rank9 mages like a boss :), im the crazy bm in the green pants who town portals just after stunning pry (I needed to get to the kylin war)
  • Garaver - Harshlands
    Garaver - Harshlands Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

ty for the video, good stuff ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Semi-quit the game, I'm very busy nowadays
    -Former member of Kylin
    -Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

Nice video (:
    Now, take that song for your next vid!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPhyn3CEoQ8
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Pry - Harshlands
    Pry - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    We had 6X people online on the stack war. Only catas and one support team went to their base, rest was defending. But defending 80 people rushing B with 4X there (since 18 went to attack) turned into a nasty steamroll ofc lol
    Still say that if our 4th cata was there it could have been different since your crystal was at 15% when ours died, only with 3 catas on it. :s

Saturday war was fun tho, for both sides. After getting defense properly pumped up they managed to stop your push several times, even if it was only 5X people and no stack whatsoever. We actually had a 26 minute TW on saturday which proved to be really fun, at least for our side of it. No one here is kidding themselves. There is no way we can beat cata. We do have R9's. So do you, and a lot more. But you forget over half of our TW'ers are TT99 +5, which is our minimum requirement to join (sometimes, several times, even less than that), while your average player, or worst geared of them all is still a lot better than them.
    Most of our clerics, which arent plenty to start with, get 1 hit by anything in Cata, same goes for our 4K hp mystics, and 6K hp venos.

But eh, as said, it was fun, we will still try, and for those trolling from the winning side, Id like to see you on this side. A guild isnt made of 1 person. It's made of 200. And every single Catalyst member who joins is another nail to the server coffin.

Peace. :)
    Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
  • apex1predator
    apex1predator Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Most of our clerics, which arent plenty to start with, get 1 hit by anything in Cata, same goes for our 4K hp mystics, and 6K hp venos.

Peace. :)

You dont have clerics you have metal mages, slight difference ;)
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    You dont have clerics you have metal mages, slight difference ;)

To be fair, coming from the POV of someone who's played a little cleric and a fair amount of mystic in TW, against people with enough OP gear like Catalyst it's pointless to heal. 5 Ironheart stacks is meaningless when everyone gets one-shot anyway, but for wars against equally geared opponents healing is almost OP.

The singular requirement though, is for them not lose 90-100% of their hp in one shot.

In the afterlife vs Kylin wars, Kylin clerics made the big difference in the war. Combined with their army of archers, our overabundence of Barbs, BM's, and other melees made it harder to focus fire, it was easier to see an attack coming, and the low damage output from melee physical classes meant kylin could out-heal or anticipate our damage.

I'd suspect that strategy doesn't work as well when Catalyst can focus-fire with multiple R9 archers, which makes sticking clerics to kylin's squishy damage dealers less useful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    HappysHAIL - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Valala clerics are awesome. Take Lirarli, for example. She dumped tempest on me as I ran in to stun the cata barbs. Unfortunately, I was the only person around and it was air-ground. But its ok! She popped a res scroll, and persevered towards our base. Unfortunately again, however, she didnt bother to buff her self and died to a binding tower as she tried to fly past it into our base. What can I say, **** happens in TW.
  • VenomousEmo - Harshlands
    VenomousEmo - Harshlands Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I don't know how to lead a TW faction for ****, 75% of our members don't know the basics of TW, and we should just disband cuz we're too focused on gears rather than actually learning how to play.

Summarized for ya brah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • apex1predator
    apex1predator Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    To be fair, coming from the POV of someone who's played a little cleric and a fair amount of mystic in TW, against people with enough OP gear like Catalyst it's pointless to heal. 5 Ironheart stacks is meaningless when everyone gets one-shot anyway, but for wars against equally geared opponents healing is almost OP.

The singular requirement though, is for them not lose 90-100% of their hp in one shot.

In the afterlife vs Kylin wars, Kylin clerics made the big difference in the war. Combined with their army of archers, our overabundence of Barbs, BM's, and other melees made it harder to focus fire, it was easier to see an attack coming, and the low damage output from melee physical classes meant kylin could out-heal or anticipate our damage.

I'd suspect that strategy doesn't work as well when Catalyst can focus-fire with multiple R9 archers, which makes sticking clerics to kylin's squishy damage dealers less useful.

I was talking about the Val clerics. They prefer to DD instead of doing their job. You cant say that Cata's DD power is so great they'll drop Val's hard hitters( we all know how many full R9 highly refined most of them are) before a cleric can even do anything.

As for Kylin, you have a point.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Originally Posted by Pry - Harshlands
    I don't know how to lead a TW faction for ****, 75% of our members don't know the basics of TW, and we should just disband cuz we're too focused on gears rather than actually learning how to play.

Summarized for ya brah.

Isn't this a bit childish....

TW is about the fun... if you win you win, if you don't then atleast you tried and had fun with it.
  • Halt - Harshlands
    Halt - Harshlands Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I was talking about the Val clerics. They prefer to DD instead of doing their job. You cant say that Cata's DD power is so great they'll drop Val's hard hitters( we all know how many full R9 highly refined most of them are) before a cleric can even do anything.

As for Kylin, you have a point.

When I tw'd with Kylin against catalyst, people like Wiskirbisquit who is probably the worst archer on the entire server, for realz, would be practically unkillable due to her 20k+ hp and shetload of defense levels. She would just sit there air to grounding people with her sage deadly shot, taking forever to kill...

When I tw'd with cata against valhalla, people like wiskirbisquit would get INSTA *****. Her charm would tic then her health would just be... gone. Same deal goes with there bm's. I kind of have to agree with burnout on this one.

Except the vast majority of valhalla after they die don't have cleric buffs on them when they go hero mode and run out towards the enemy.
    Unban me.
  • VenomousEmo - Harshlands
    VenomousEmo - Harshlands Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

Isn't this a bit childish....

TW is about the fun... if you win you win, if you don't then atleast you tried and had fun with it.

There's a difference though. Instead of saying, "oh hey, we need to learn to tw, so we'll keep trying!" they make excuses about gear, low numbers, and 'not having their important DD power'. And the fact they run from the factiom that could provide you a great amount of tw experience is pathetic.

So you really think Val wants to learn how to TW and have fun? Well, you're daydreaming gurl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Os_bm - Harshlands
    Os_bm - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    LoL emo your sig is awesome b:chuckle
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Well, you're daydreaming gurl.

Well of course I am..

I also think I will grow up to actually learn to pvp well someday... maybe.... kinda...

PVE ROCKS!!!! b:victory

Lemme alone... it's all I got!
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Expel isn't a pot, nub.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    There are alot of problems, but at least everyone has fun dieing over and over. All i get out of this post is valhalla clerics suck. People that claim to want to have fun never fight but claim to want fun tw's.

At this rate it will take five years to stop catalyst i have no problem in waiting five years for something fun to happen. Also it would be good for catalyst core to slowly die out (which it slowly is).

Time + nothing to do = gone

I dont need to fight them in tw just watch as they leave so i can kill the weaklings. The only way i would join a war against catalyst would be if the catalyst core would die.

The catalyst core is the only real power catalyst has once they die so goes their power.

b:bye I will wait see what happens five years from now
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Agorey - Harshlands
    Agorey - Harshlands Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    sat TW was funb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • devil0is0here
    devil0is0here Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    There are alot of problems, but at least everyone has fun dieing over and over. All i get out of this post is valhalla clerics suck. People that claim to want to have fun never fight but claim to want fun tw's.

At this rate it will take five years to stop catalyst i have no problem in waiting five years for something fun to happen. Also it would be good for catalyst core to slowly die out (which it slowly is).

I dont need to fight them in tw just watch as they leave so i can kill the weaklings. The only way i would join a war against catalyst would be if the catalyst core would die.

The catalyst core is the only real power catalyst has once they die so goes their power.

b:bye I will wait see what happens five years from now

ummm

lolwut ..
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Options

It is my belief that Cata holds no secret to winning TW. They have known each other for a very long time. They farm, grind and PvP together. Active, on vent, and communicate.

They are selective about members, and have hard rules that they do enforce. One is being ready for TW. Pots, charms, being on time, signing up in advance, etc. No excuses are allowed, either you got your damn act together - or you do not.

The truth is, to have a successful guild you get rid of your liabilties. A GOOD Guild is not so much about numbers and gear as it is the people and their values.

Do you got people in guild that beg for items, beg & whine for help? Or do you have members that say "Hey - lets go do this boss, whose in?" -- "Let's go farm - whose in". It's almost acceptable on PWI for people to depend on others to babysit them, walk them through and just ... farking be a loud selfish person who wants things THEIR way, or they are gonna grief GC.

Alot of guilds have small groups that are damn good squads, but it can't be a few, it can't be a handful - it needs to be the majority.

Guilds need to figure out - are they after quantity or quality. And ACTIVE does not mean logged in, milling around for hours, PvPing in common pk zones, or etc.. it means ACTIVE! Helping the guild, farming for your own gear, doing BH, doing something thats productive..
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Kinda surprised people still think there are enough decent players on this server to fill more than one guild.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Kinda surprised people still think there are enough decent players on this server to fill more than one guild.

I like to think that through peer pressure, some can change. I went to help a group with my Cleric and asked them to wait while I got more rez-scrolls. One preson said 'Why would you ever need rez scrolls on a cleric... I told them 'Why would you not?'.

It started a conversation about how each class has a responsibility towards the team, and how each should be prepared. rez scrolls (esp. Cleric), extra pots, repairs made, charms checked, coin for tele, etc...

I dunno.. I think that being a decent player means understanding your class, other classes, how they interact in squads, having your damn act together before entering any instance, and just doing the best you can. Gear is an item, but Pro -- is an attitude.