Content Update: The Trials releasing tonight!

Options
frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
The Trials will be here in a few short hours!

Check out all of the information here:

b:victory
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    EDIT:

Nice trailer. :D
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    2nd *******
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'm so excited!
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yay! Stuff to do with faction other than TW!

I'm excited, especially about those 100+ crazy stone and justice quests, those are gonna be sooooo awesome!!!!!

Anyway, this does look like some interesting stuff, good job PW.

Now, while you're here Frankie, wanna answer that little DQ reward question?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Coolness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    coolios
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Deteriorate - Harshlands
    Deteriorate - Harshlands Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Id like to know exactly what the EXP has been reduced to for the dragoons.

I mean, half the good stuff in a full non glitched run is the dragoons before holeeen....
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Wow nice... Cant wait :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Perfox - Sanctuary
    Perfox - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Sounds exciting b:pleased
  • Enkrypted_ - Raging Tide
    Enkrypted_ - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lol pw doin stuff. lets see what happens
  • RavynSoul - Raging Tide
    RavynSoul - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    And we thought the game was unbalanced before..guess it will be even more unbalanced now.

Only factions with bases can participate in the trials thing, meaning the rest are unable to obtain said materials to upgrade r8. And, all those rich people with r9 can recast their gear.

Way to go pwi.
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You know, on reading the bit about Secret Passage...
    Secret Passage Change

Due to popular demand, game mechanics and pvp rules within the Secret Passage dungeon (567, 743) have been modified:

Flight no longer possible
    PVP for characters under level 30 no longer possible
    PK is no longer allowed in Secret Passage if you are preventing people from doing their Cultivation quests.

...sounds like they've left the door open for people to continue PKing in there as long as they're not a complete **** to other people doing Silverfrost (cultivation).

Does that sound about right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deteriorate - Harshlands
    Deteriorate - Harshlands Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    And we thought the game was unbalanced before..guess it will be even more unbalanced now.

Only factions with bases can participate in the trials thing, meaning the rest are unable to obtain said materials to upgrade r8. And, all those rich people with r9 can recast their gear.

Way to go pwi.

If 100-200 people cant work together well enough to earn a guild base, I doubt they can manage a "up to 100 players" instance.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Clarification: You can only PK and/or be PK'ed if you're white named now, just as it was before the change. However if you are Blue named, you cannot PK or be PK'ed in Secret Passage.
  • RavynSoul - Raging Tide
    RavynSoul - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You know, on reading the bit about Secret Passage...

...sounds like they've left the door open for people to continue PKing in there as long as they're not a complete **** to other people doing Silverfrost (cultivation).

Does that sound about right?

Hmm yea that does seem like it...wonderful (sarcasm)

Edit: Just saw your post ChaoticShelly,..ok that's much better lol!
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yay finally we get our r9! b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Clarification: You can only PK and/or be PK'ed if you're white named now, just as it was before the change. However if you are Blue named, you cannot PK or be PK'ed in Secret Passage.

Hope they give us a free pk arena now...
    But as we know the developers... nothing will happen. b:sweat

Well ty for fixing it I guess... would have been too nice to have some free pk for the higher ups, eh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • HaveanLight - Heavens Tear
    HaveanLight - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    How the economic of pwi will be ? worst or better , after the update ?
    So anyone can see the future b:question
    Dot...Dot...dots....dots... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    X
    We
    Are
    Reality
    X
    **** QUIT PWI BECAUSE NEW HORIZON EXPANSION SUCKS ****
  • magyarwarlord
    magyarwarlord Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Alyes someone to complain get off your lazy *** and go get a dam guild base god QQ mutch

Way to go pwi.
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    K, well I'm super excited about this update! The see-through unicorn looks soo coool, probably gonna cost a lot too...;-( The 100+ CS I'm not so sure about, cuz I don't do CS anymore cuz the exp is too low and it starts costing a lot per day. The trails I'm very excited about as they look daring and fun and not a lot of information has been divulged about, keeping it mysterious still. From what I see form the clip it looks like an adventure, I can't wait to try it with my fac. I just hope maintenance takes longer than normal so I can rush home from work and see all the new stuff with everyone else b:chuckle Oh and yeah I'm very happy about the SP fix (thank you PW) and I guess the Goons fix, at least now the people that get high levels won't be accused of glitching their way through it. And I'm sure the EG's are very stoked about their Rank 9. Just wonder though why they made recasts etc for the rank 8 and 9....the stuff is strong already, and very hard to get for normal players that don't put real money into the game....
    "Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

Are you sure of this? The way PW had written it, is that we can still PK while being blue named, just you can't harass noobs now.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I can't wait till after maintenance :)
    http://i.imgur.com/fQ8bf.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I can't wait till after maintenance :)
    http://i.imgur.com/fQ8bf.png

b:surrender it said trade in your uncanny and raptures for the materials for r9 upgrade... lets hope they are available with tokens too?
    Upgraded Rank 9 Gear - "Ascended"

You can now upgrade your Rank 9 gear into a new "Ascended" set! Trade your Rapture and Uncanny Crystals (can be obtained in the Palace of Nirvana) for new Summerwind Tokens at the Celestial General (129, 855) in the City of a Thousand Streams! Turn-in these Summerwind Tokens at the nearby Commander-In-Chief (129, 854) to get your remarkable new gear!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Are you sure of this? The way PW had written it, is that we can still PK while being blue named, just you can't harass noobs now.

It says on the update (granted, it may have been changed) that blue-names cannot be PKed any longer.

That should clear up any worries.
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

Well, prior to Secret Passage being a PKfest zone, PK was not allowed at all in there.

Tried to find the post for that but haven't as yet....

Edit: Best I could find re: situation before the recent change in Secret Passage:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10379862&postcount=130
    It's bannable if the player being killed is trying to do cultivation quests; victims should screen shot and submit ticket.

Edit 10-12-10:

A player heard differently from one of our in-game GM's, and pm'd me for clarification.

I've talked with the GM team, and my earlier assertion above was wrong;

The official rule:

Killing players in Secret Passage is not allowed, no matter what the circumstances are.

Thanks all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    to those that dont know the mats to recast rank gear will be tadable, just the instance will be fac base only, and as always the prices will be determined by players vary from server to server
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    It says on the update (granted, it may have been changed) that blue-names cannot be PKed any longer.

That should clear up any worries.

They just posted that -_-

And hey, why am I not surprised. The PK instance is removed and we don't get one in return. Figures.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    @_@.....Must...see....r9 advancement set....nao....

Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    They just posted that -_-

And hey, why am I not surprised. The PK instance is removed and we don't get one in return. Figures.

Incorrect. They never said that you couldn't continue to PK in there. They only restricted it, saying you can't prevent people from questing. As long as you PvP servers don't harass the lowbies, you should be fine.b:chuckle
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Incorrect. They never said that you couldn't continue to PK in there. They only restricted it, saying you can't prevent people from questing. As long as you PvP servers don't harass the lowbies, you should be fine.b:chuckle

Pointless. I realized that but it's no different than how it used to be. Secret Passage can be the same thing as west gate. There's no difference at all, since blue names can't participate. What I (among others obviously) wanted was a PK instance where blue names PvP freely, just like private server arenas.