Random client closeure

2»

Comments

• Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I think you're missing the point.

I have no problem running 2 clients max detail and no lag in west archo, even when I run 1 clint the random log outs happen. My graphics card is geforce gt 545 which isn't the best but it's not bad.

and u misse the point.... arch has nothing to do with your pc....... it's ALL THE PEOPLE...... so many the server cant' send that much info fast enough. Hell my friend made a pc with 16 gigs of ram and **** and HE STILL LAGS a tiny bit (hiccups) in West. All i ever do in west is little lag burps here and there, not huge lag...... and i've got alot les then him. Hell i was on dial up at grandma's the "lag" in arch was the same.

Lag in arch has nothing to do with your vid card, tellus and RT does (ram to maybe and pc speed etc but moreso the vid card)
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    I have the exact same issue. Client randomly closes. It seems like a forced log because unlike a dc/close you don't have to force log in. Tele to RT frequently causes this. I also get it coming out of TM79 runs; Jans thinks it's a result of excessive damage/bp spam. He may be partially right since I'm told this also happens after leaving fc following ToS-violating activities. It doesn't explain the RT tele issue, and the same thing has happened to my cat shop client if I left it logged in for a few hours.

It's not a video card problem since pwi doesn't really use your gfx card; it mostly renders everything using your CPU.

um yes it does, unless i'm freakign imagining things. PC used to lag in RT from all the flashy ****, vid card fried from storm, bought NEW vid card, good one......... dont' have to turn down distance in RT anymore cause no lag from flashy ****.....

so ya it DOES use your vid card...

If memory quantity isn't the issue then I suspect a runaway memory leak caused by old code on new hardware which then causes your pc to force close the client.

/10char
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    and u misse the point.... arch has nothing to do with your pc....... it's ALL THE PEOPLE...... so many the server cant' send that much info fast enough. Hell my friend made a pc with 16 gigs of ram and **** and HE STILL LAGS a tiny bit (hiccups) in West. All i ever do in west is little lag burps here and there, not huge lag...... and i've got alot les then him. Hell i was on dial up at grandma's the "lag" in arch was the same.

Lag in arch has nothing to do with your vid card, tellus and RT does (ram to maybe and pc speed etc but moreso the vid card)

You're completely missing the point again.

You said in your previous post "You can't run 2 clients with 8gb ram? your vid card must suck"
    So I replied the problem isn't running the clients, I can run them just fine with no problem, the fact that a lot of people also have this problem suggests it's not a problem at my end.

Anyway the fact that we're talking about lag doesn't matter, I'm not lagging at all, it's irrelevant.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Ok since u dont' get anything i'm saying......... look up at my last two posts, read them very carefully..... then go back and read my rsponse earlier to the post below that u made.
    Well funny thing is I got a new computer with 8 gb ram and all that good stuff and that's when it started. Everything on this computer runs really smoothly, i'm not lagging or anything.

Did u build the pc or it come with some piece of **** vid card? integrated or not......

And no not alot of people have this problem, unless u think like 20 people botherign to post on the forum is alot....... and 20's being generous, with all the post in the 4 whoppig pages in this thread being from the same person sometimes. Past like year i only rememer one other thread specificalyl bout this and it wasnt' that long either. b:surrender\
    Anyway the fact that we're talking about lag doesn't matter, I'm not lagging at all, it's irrelevant.

Um...... it does if your VID CARD SUCKS and the pc's/game's crashing cause of that soon as u get into the FLASHY CITIES

EDIT: um ya just looked up u said what vid card u have....
    http://www.techpowerup.com/147749/EVGA-Rolls-Out-First-GeForce-GT-545-Graphics-Card.html

1.5 gig of ram, nice card...... no reason u should lag in RT or Tellus let alone crash..... this dont' make sense. Esp since it's happening to a HANDFUL of people.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Summarising your first post: You're telling me I may have a "p.o.s. vid card" and you've never hard a problem with running two clients. Then you just talk **** about you having 4gb ram and NEVER lag.

I replied that the problem isn't running two clients and fyi my video card isn't all that bad.

Summarising your second post: You're talking more **** about lag.

Then I reiterated again that lag is not the problem.

Then you ask again about my video card... And yes a lot of people have this problem, a few people in my faction complain about it and friends too, just random shut down of clients.

This is the last time I'll reply cos it's kinda annoying.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    i'm talking about the lag cause it's related numbnuts...... since people think it's the same thing that causes it eveywhere....... RT and Tellus is more the vid card and idk if u BOTHERED to notice, i just saw u have a good card this crashing shouldnt' be happeneing. let alone "lagging" in RT or tellus from the flashy graphics.

And your summarizing makes no sense, aparenty you didnt' actually read. But like i said, only a handful ever even mention this, might wanan reinstall or something unless u already tried that..... and verify after since it STILL don't install all the music on a fresh install, who knows what else.

and u thnk your few friends and fac mates comes even CLOSE to the # of people playing this w/o problems (or this problem lol... there's still rubberbanding and ****)
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    I didn't need to see your post to know I have a decent card. I said lag doesn't matter because I'm not lagging, so it's irrelevant. I did read your posts, I actually re read them to summarize them.

I never said the majority had this problem >_< Yes, I've checked for updates and reinstalled and I dunno if it's helped I haven't played since, but I doubt it would help. But yeah, let's stop talking about lag.

Noooooooo i'm not lagging, it's not lag. aaah, I don't wanna make a new post.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    cept u dont' get it, this HAS TO DO with the TYPE of lag there in RT and tellus........ which has to do with your vid card.... and since yours is decent idk why you're crashing. It's NOT the game, or everyone would crash going there...... Least they would if this made any sense. b:surrender
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    cept u dont' get it, this HAS TO DO with the TYPE of lag there in RT and tellus........ which has to do with your vid card.... and since yours is decent idk why you're crashing. It's NOT the game, or everyone would crash going there...... Least they would if this made any sense. b:surrender

Ti560 nvidia card, always played on min settings (for 8 months). Always heard about people crashing in RT and when they try and tele to RT. Soon as I turned stuff up to full the second day I had changed those settings... I crashed going to RT, and sometimes crash in RT. It's sure as hell does have to do with the game and it's settings not just the video card or the instillation.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Everyone, please remember... you're arguing about a nearly decade old game engine that has had some very questionable revisions made to it.

And "lag" can be caused by so many different things. It's amazing how little people know.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Ti560 nvidia card, always played on min settings (for 8 months). Always heard about people crashing in RT and when they try and tele to RT. Soon as I turned stuff up to full the second day I had changed those settings... I crashed going to RT, and sometimes crash in RT. It's sure as hell does have to do with the game and it's settings not just the video card or the instillation.

Guess what? I play on max settings.. I just find it odd i never have a prob on a pc i built in '01..... on recent games too like Crysis 2. Max settings....... but there's so many people on here that constantly blame the game for their problems.

O wait,,, past 3 months i been stuck on a brand new laptop (tv got fried in a storm, using my pc's monitor as a tv lol). O ya.... still no problems. b:surrender
  • Deteriorate - Harshlands
    Deteriorate - Harshlands Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Guess what? I play on max settings.. I just find it odd i never have a prob on a pc i built in '01..... on recent games too like Crysis 2. Max settings....... but there's so many people on here that constantly blame the game for their problems.

O wait,,, past 3 months i been stuck on a brand new laptop (tv got fried in a storm, using my pc's monitor as a tv lol). O ya.... still no problems. b:surrender

You think thats pro?

I ran fallout 3 on this beast of a 64 meg+ramshare intel board. Game force closes on intel shared as soon as you pass the menu if you dont research how to stop it. b:cool.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    DId i say it was "pro"? or u jsut being a smartass like all the other ret@rded idiotic kids that play this?

heh.... been a day full of stupid trying to even do ONE ff run on my sin....... but still... not in the mood anymore to explain basic **** to morons.
    edited October 2011
    DId i say it was "pro"? or u jsut being a smartass like all the other ret@rded idiotic kids that play this?

heh.... been a day full of stupid trying to even do ONE ff run on my sin....... but still... not in the mood anymore to explain basic **** to morons.

No, you didnt, but I was having some fun and showing off a little, sorry for trying to have fun.

And join the club, noone does normal FC runs anymore :(
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    ya they do, i just had 25+ MORONS today, christ had two clerics that didnt' kow what pots were...... and that wasnt' the worst of it.....
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    it is due to the old engine game uses. it is a directx problem related to the game, not your computer.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    well i've got DX 9.0c (windows XP) on the pc and 11 (and windows 7) on this laptop..... so i'd think i'd have this problem on ONE of them if it was Dx....
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I have had the same problem too some time.

The client randomly Crashs To Desktop with no bug report appearing.

When lag causes me to disconnect from server normally, I get the message, Disconneted from Server, and need to close and open client to reconnect, but not lately its been straight CTDs.

Since this began about 1 week ago, I have checked for updates to all drivers and installed the latest video driver from Nvidia, and also verifyed client files.
    There have been no hardware changes to the machine, and i run the minium number of processes I can, but again no changes there either.

SPECs
    O.S. Windows Vista Ultimate 32 Bit
    P 4 3E intel processor
    3 Gig ram in dual channel mode with 1.5Gig per channel,
    256 mg Nvidia 7600 GT
    Sound blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Have scanned with Malware Antibytes in safe mode Complete scan and nothing.
    Have scanned with Microsoft Security Essentials Complete Scan and nothing.

Have ran elevated cmd prompt and then the commands,
    netsh winsock reset
    then rebooted.

Opened a new elevated cmd prompt and run the command,
    sfc /scannow
    and found nothing.

Again in an elevated cmd prompt window i ran the command
    chkdsk /r
    and clicked yes to run on next reboot again after hours of scanning nothing wrong.

I have aslo ran the commands,
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /registerdns

I have checked windows event logs and see nothing wrong with or changed in my machine.

I will run Resource Monitor in the background now to see if I can spot what happens next time.

For those not sure what elevated cmd prompt means,
    In vista log into an admin account first, then,
    Left click Start and type cmd, DO NOT press enter,
    instead mouse up the start menu to where it says cmd.exe and right click then click, run as admin, and voila you have elevated cmd prompt window.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    I had that same Vid card Selak, it can't handle RT and Tellus lol (laggy unless u turn down distance in the first tab)....... my new one can. Can't tell ya what it is though, not using the pc till i get a new tv (monitor's being used as a tv), so i can't boot it up easily w/o switching **** around to look. Onmy new laptop for while.
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    @Alasen, idk why you keep blaming it on a hardware or software issue on people's computers but as others have mentioned, it's an old game engine with old coding.

I mean me and my husband dont have state of the art computers but, especially he, can be proud of what he built and even -we- have the problem. On this desktop as well as a lap top.

Desktop runs with:

Dual core 3.33GHz
    GeForce GTX 285 (2gig in sli)
    4gig of onboard ram
    Windows 7, 64 bit.

Lap top runs with:

Toshiba X200
    Dual core 2.50Ghz
    GeForce 8600M GT (1 gig in sli)
    4 gig of onboard ram
    Windows Vista 32 bit.

Both machine's endure the exact same problems, in exact the same spot, instances and cities. We play a wide variety of games and NEVER, seriously NEVER have games done this before.

IF it was actually a hardware/software program on a computer the client closing should be happening at random places and times, which in this isn't the case.
    it happens when porting into instances, Tellus, RT and arch.

and on a sidenote: it even happens here where the settings are turned down to it's lowest settings possible.

A.K.A, it's the game NOT someone's hardware or software. (not all the time anyway)
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
    edited October 2011
    @Alasen, idk why you keep blaming it on a hardware or software issue on people's computers but as others have mentioned, it's an old game engine with old coding.

I mean me and my husband dont have state of the art computers but, especially he, can be proud of what he built and even -we- have the problem. On this desktop as well as a lap top.

Desktop runs with:

Dual core 3.33GHz
    GeForce GTX 285 (2gig in sli)
    4gig of onboard ram
    Windows 7, 64 bit.

Lap top runs with:

Toshiba X200
    Dual core 2.50Ghz
    GeForce 8600M GT (1 gig in sli)
    4 gig of onboard ram
    Windows Vista 32 bit.

Both machine's endure the exact same problems, in exact the same spot, instances and cities. We play a wide variety of games and NEVER, seriously NEVER have games done this before.

IF it was actually a hardware/software program on a computer the client closing should be happening at random places and times, which in this isn't the case.
    it happens when porting into instances, Tellus, RT and arch.

and on a sidenote: it even happens here where the settings are turned down to it's lowest settings possible.

A.K.A, it's the game NOT someone's hardware or software. (not all the time anyway)

Or since many of us have no issue whatsoever it IS your hardware. Not that your hardware is broken, just that it doesnt like PWs ancient coding.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Or since many of us have no issue whatsoever it IS your hardware. Not that your hardware is broken, just that it doesnt like PWs ancient coding.

That's not the pc's fault :l

There are talks about a graphical update for pwi, so hopefully they'll fix this.
    Yes, I should also add I play a variety of pc games and have no problem with any of these issues either.
  • Draekka - Raging Tide
    Draekka - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This has been happening to me too, but usually after I've been on for a few hours. I kept thinking my computer is just getting too hot and derping out. The client will close once I try and tele ANYWHERE, cities, instances, etc. Sometimes I will know its going to happen when I next tele because my graphics will suddenly become completely textureless, and if I'm flying and land, I will fall through the ground. O.O
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2011

http://imageshack.us/f/707/squewing.png/

Used to happen to me. I then went and redid my thermal paste (4 years old) and yeah it seemed to completely fix it. Seems processor was getting to hot (not extremely overheated just enough to cause problems).
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    For those of you who think you know it all and only played here less than a year or so, it IS a directx issue. We used to get the box up when it crashed ( removed on an update ) and it stated it WAS directx related. The fix was to move your screen view a certain way to avoid crashing. That was also screwed up on a later update. The game engine is ancient and has never been brought up to date on changes made to directx.