Random client closeure

Pytharia - Lost City
Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
Is it just me?

Sometime randomly my client just closes all of a sudden, especially when I tele to raging tides. It's annoying...
Post edited by Pytharia - Lost City on

Comments

• Sdrassa - Sanctuary
    Sdrassa - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I have this problem too at times. Especially when I enter an instance.
  • LordAllan - Raging Tide
    LordAllan - Raging Tide Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    What programs are you running on your computer when this happens? I found that while I was watching movies with BSPlayer my client would randomly close and I would not be able to start it back up if BSPlayer was still running. Try closing all of the programs you have running such as MSN, Skype, Firefox, etc.. and see if that helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/LordAllanPWI <- LordAllan's Youtube Channel!
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    I'm running 2 clients + google chrome + itunes, usually just watching stuff.

I don't think i'd be able to play pw without google chrome up xD (or itunes)
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I have this problem just running one client and nothing else.

However, if you are running two clients, unless you have 8 GB of RAM and a really good CPU, you might be running out of resources for your clients.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited October 2011

However, if you are running two clients, unless you have 8 GB of RAM and a really good CPU, you might be running out of resources for your clients.

Well funny thing is I got a new computer with 8 gb ram and all that good stuff and that's when it started. Everything on this computer runs really smoothly, i'm not lagging or anything.
  • Deteriorate - Harshlands
    Deteriorate - Harshlands Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2011

3gig (4 installed) 32 bit Win7 2gig dual core and I can run 2 clients without issue. Thats bullcrap.

AND im on an intel shared graphics chip. b:cool
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Even 2 Gb is enough to run 3 clients with little lag.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This has been happening to me for a couple months now, particularly when I tele to RT or Tellus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    Since this seems to be happening when you travel to places that use high level / unique graphics (I.E Best performence wont make the ground green grass and blurry) id suggest its something to do with your graphics cards.

Might wanna reinstall the drivers and see if that helps.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I have only had this a couple times but two people in my faction get it a lot when teleporting to RT.

Not true at all. I run two clients constantly plus often a different game on 4 GB, and have zero lag even in west arch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Its the location usually. The newer 'high-end' cities.
    Switch to 'best run', tele, then switch back to whatever graphic level you normally use.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    It's not just teleporting though, sometimes it's just random.
  • LordAllan - Raging Tide
    LordAllan - Raging Tide Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Try seeing if you need to update your graphics drivers. Also, can you post your system specs,

Operating System:
    CPU:
    RAM:
    HardDrive:
    etc...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/LordAllanPWI <- LordAllan's Youtube Channel!
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    You prolly got a new pc with 8 gigs of ram and a p.o.s. vid card lol honestly, i've NEVER had a prob with the game even runnign two clients...... and i built my pc in like 2001..... Just so happens i only have 3 gigs of ram (I COULD use 4 except i just happened to be so lucky to buy TWO motherboards [one spare] from asus that BOTH had a bad ram slot so....hey i've got a spare ram card lol). I BARELY lag cept in West arch (that's people, hide them) and even then it's not bad. I've never crashed like the FEW (like 4-10) people i've seen complain about this on here going to RT or Tellus. The "lag" in those cities is all the flashy ****, turn distance down all the way before going to those cities and it goes away. In fact i dont' even need to do THAT anymore.... a lightnign strike hit the house a couple months ago, just happened to fry my vid card so got a new one.... dont' "lag" there anymore either.
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    That used to happen to me on my desktop...basically I would bug every time I was in a major populated area. Have you verified your client lately? I did that on my desktop, never had a bugging problem since.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It's called a bug report, but it just doesn't show a bug report window anymore.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    You prolly got a new pc with 8 gigs of ram and a p.o.s. vid card lol honestly, i've NEVER had a prob with the game even runnign two clients...... and i built my pc in like 2001..... Just so happens i only have 3 gigs of ram (I COULD use 4 except i just happened to be so lucky to buy TWO motherboards [one spare] from asus that BOTH had a bad ram slot so....hey i've got a spare ram card lol). I BARELY lag cept in West arch (that's people, hide them) and even then it's not bad. I've never crashed like the FEW (like 4-10) people i've seen complain about this on here going to RT or Tellus. The "lag" in those cities is all the flashy ****, turn distance down all the way before going to those cities and it goes away. In fact i dont' even need to do THAT anymore.... a lightnign strike hit the house a couple months ago, just happened to fry my vid card so got a new one.... dont' "lag" there anymore either.
    I think you're missing the point.

I have no problem running 2 clients max detail and no lag in west archo, even when I run 1 clint the random log outs happen. My graphics card is geforce gt 545 which isn't the best but it's not bad.
    edited October 2011
    I think some of you are missing the point.

I have no problem running 2 clients max detail and no lag in west archo, even when I run 1 clint the random log outs happen. My graphics card is geforce gt 545 which isn't the best but it's not bad.

Doesnt matter how good your graphics card is if it doesnt like PWs programming. a verify and reinstall of your drivers is about the best you can do. If you wont try either, then the problem is not going to get solved because noone cares if you wont do the obvious fixes.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Doesnt matter how good your graphics card is if it doesnt like PWs programming. a verify and reinstall of your drivers is about the best you can do. If you wont try either, then the problem is not going to get solved because noone cares if you wont do the obvious fixes.

alright calm down b:shocked

I already checked for updates and there are non, if I can be bothered I'll reinstall them later.
    edited October 2011
    alright calm down b:shocked

I already checked for updates and there are non, if I can be bothered I'll reinstall them later.

b:surrender Sorry, I just get pissed when people wont try the simple fixes "cos my stuff is pr0 shet yo!".

If verifying the client doesnt help either, its really something yer gonna have to ticket and hope about, although you could try using 3danalyze to spoof some graphic effects and renderings and isolate the problem yourself.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It's a new feature, you need to put in another quarter every 10 minutes if you want to keep playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sdrassa - Sanctuary
    Sdrassa - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It's a new feature, you need to put in another quarter every 10 minutes if you want to keep playing.

I love you b:chuckle
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Its because I'm randomly making +12 orbs! b:victory
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Its because I'm randomly making +12 orbs! b:victory

b:sad Stop it... we all know they obviously cause client problems.
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I have the exact same issue. Client randomly closes. It seems like a forced log because unlike a dc/close you don't have to force log in. Tele to RT frequently causes this. I also get it coming out of TM79 runs; Jans thinks it's a result of excessive damage/bp spam. He may be partially right since I'm told this also happens after leaving fc following ToS-violating activities. It doesn't explain the RT tele issue, and the same thing has happened to my cat shop client if I left it logged in for a few hours.

It's not a video card problem since pwi doesn't really use your gfx card; it mostly renders everything using your CPU.

If memory quantity isn't the issue then I suspect a runaway memory leak caused by old code on new hardware which then causes your pc to force close the client.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Jans thinks it's a result of excessive damage/bp spam.

That would make sense.

And yeah, sometimes if I have issues with my internet I'd have to force log in but along with the client being closed it logs me out also so taking that into consideration...
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This tends to happen to me a lot when I leave TT after soloing it, however, it has happened randomly in Archo too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I have this problem randomly from time to time, maybe once a month, however I have it everytime there is a quiz event. when the quiz lady disappears if i am close by my client closes really annoying b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Ukkie - Sanctuary
    Ukkie - Sanctuary Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I have the answer. It's because of all the **** HatedSoul spams in WC and in Arch. If he would shut the F up, this wouldn't happen. So I suggest everyone ignore him so he will stop spreading his word and die a horrible death to exhaustion and hopefully will choke on his own ****.

Ktnxbai
    Gentlemen, I believe I am on fire
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    I have the answer. It's because of all the **** HatedSoul spams in WC and in Arch. If he would shut the F up, this wouldn't happen. So I suggest everyone ignore him so he will stop spreading his word and die a horrible death to exhaustion and hopefully will choke on his own ****.

Ktnxbai

I have to agree with you there... I was just looking at my cat shop at west and saw everything he was saying, needless to say I face palmed and like 5 hours later I came back to find he was still talking about random ****.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was an AI bot.