Whats better?

Kodama_xx - Archosaur
Kodama_xx - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Assassin
I'v been researching and tryna go over which would be the better choice, a sage rank 9 sin, or going 5aps with demon spark no rank 9. If someone could perhaps tell me the benefits of both and the negatives, and all, cause im sure there will be lots of personalities and specualtion of which is actually better or w/e.
Post edited by Kodama_xx - Archosaur on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Get out, right now.

You seriously think that there could be any option better thank Rank 9 dagger for any sin? Ugh, talk about buying into the hype.

You seriously think that culti will matter too much if you can afford Rank 9 with good shards?

Personally, if I had infinite funds, I'd probably get this right here.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Kodama_xx - Archosaur
    edited October 2011
    iv never made a sin before hence why im asking *******, and when i say rank 9 i mean full rank 9 not just daggers.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Full r9 on a sin...Unless you're talking pure PvP, I'll repeat Olba by saying "Get out, right now."

Something like this, Sage/Demon makes little difference, is what you should do.
    (Refines and shards are lame ik. This is just to show gear.)
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Full r9 on a sin...Unless you're talking pure PvP, I'll repeat Olba by saying "Get out, right now."

Something like this, Sage/Demon makes little difference, is what you should do.
    (Refines and shards are lame ik. This is just to show gear.)

You just copypasted my build, except that mine is 105, sharded with Primevals or JoSD, has the G13 Lunar cape and +12 refines.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    lol 2 aps is better than normal I suppose.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Kodama_xx - Archosaur
    edited October 2011
    it would be mainly for tw use and for some solo instance usage perhaps.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    it would be mainly for tw use and for some solo instance usage perhaps.

Hint: You don't TW with a sin.

Hint 2: You don't solo instances without permaspark on a sin.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    You just copypasted my build, except that mine is 105, sharded with Primevals or JoSD, has the G13 Lunar cape and +12 refines.
    Never seen it, so no I didn't copypasta itb:cute
    Hint: You don't TW with a sin.

Hint 2: You don't solo instances without permaspark on a sin.
    I've broken both those rules.
    I've TW'd in my 90s and I solo **** all the time with my 2.5/3.33 aps r8.

Oh by the way, I said on another thread that r9 ring+weapon = $300 during the sale.
    I can't find that thread so I'll correct myself here; $600.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Kodama_xx - Archosaur
    edited October 2011
    i know all the math on rank 9 and such, so yeah just wondering what is the best budget build for tw/solo instance, and then of course the best route of all money not being a problem. and whether thats just full r9 or partial r9 with aps or just **** rank 9 and going full aps
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Best would be what I linked, better refines and shards, , add -int tome, and replace TT99 ornies with Cube neck and Warsong belt.
    ~Spazz~
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    Rephase all that please. Rephase as in put more grammer into it. x.x

I would do TW as a Sin. Stealth past enemy and permaspark towers. :x

Yeah hard to Tank if you don't have aps. That being said some areas are still available just ... nothing in it for you. xD
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Rephase all that please. Rephase as in put more grammer into it. x.x

I would do TW as a Sin. Stealth past enemy and permaspark towers. :x

Yeah hard to Tank if you don't have aps. That being said some areas are still available just ... nothing in it for you. xD

Grammar **** Fail.
    b:bye
    ~Spazz~
  • Kodama_xx - Archosaur
    edited October 2011
    I'm wanting to know what the best BUDGET build for a tw/solo instance sin is, and then what the best build is for a tw/solo instance sin, and which is better for both full aps or full rank 9 or partial rank 9 with some aps
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    Need to Google for that information.

Yeah I fail at it but, I really couldn't read that. o.e

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    I'm wanting to know what the best BUDGET build for a tw/solo instance sin is, and then what the best build is for a tw/solo instance sin, and which is better for both full aps or full rank 9 or partial rank 9 with some aps
    Top of the page, I answered you.
    You want BUDGET for full aps, full r9, or partial? I lol at you.
    R9 ring and weapon alone cost nearly as much as full aps build during the rep/chip/medal sales; just under 600 gold.
    Full R9 without refines and shards will cost you a couple thousand gold.
    ~Spazz~
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    A sin isn't good for TW...mainly because the moment you pop outta stealth your *** in gonna be dead from tab -> nuke from any magic class

As for solo instance, I would suggest r9 dagger and APS set up so you would be at 4.0 aps w/ r9 dagger. This would basically kill anything and everything in a matter of one to two sparks, maybe three sparks if it's a HH/NV boss.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    A sin isn't good for TW...mainly because the moment you pop outta stealth your *** in gonna be dead from tab -> nuke from any magic class

As for solo instance, I would suggest r9 dagger and APS set up so you would be at 4.0 aps w/ r9 dagger. This would basically kill anything and everything in a matter of one to two sparks, maybe three sparks if it's a HH/NV boss.
    4.0 demon with R9 daggers --> best possible PvE build. Except maybe 5.0 g15 Sac/GoF, but getting g15 to come out like that will cost you more than full R9 xD I think I saw someone say that the chances of g15 coming out -int/-int/Sac or Gof are like 1 in 4,000?

For PvP however, I suggest full or nearly full R9.
    ~Spazz~
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    4.0 demon with R9 daggers --> best possible PvE build. Except maybe 5.0 g15 Sac/GoF, but getting g15 to come out like that will cost you more than full R9 xD I think I saw someone say that the chances of g15 coming out -int/-int/Sac or Gof are like 1 in 4,000?

For PvP however, I suggest full or nearly full R9.

I think it's a bit more than 4,000. Somebody had done the math for me before when I was thinking about it :x

As for PvP, yeah full r9 for a sin would probably be one of the better choices as that spike damage is insane enough to one-shot a seeker with 100+ defense lvls >.<''

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Get out, right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    ^ who that at?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    I think it's a bit more than 4,000. Somebody had done the math for me before when I was thinking about it :x
    Yeah I think it was more like 4,500-5,000
    As for PvP, yeah full r9 for a sin would probably be one of the better choices as that spike damage is insane enough to one-shot a seeker with 100+ defense lvls >.<''
    R8 or R9 daggers alone hit more than hard enough to take anything out. I was thinking more along the lines of the defenses full R9 offers to stay alive.
    ~Spazz~
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Yeah I think it was more like 4,500-5,000

R8 or R9 daggers alone hit more than hard enough to take anything out. I was thinking more along the lines of the defenses full R9 offers to stay alive.

Yeah the def you would get from full r9 + JoSD would be a great ideal set-up for survival. Would possibly help in TW too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Yeah the def you would get from full r9 + JoSD would be a great ideal set-up for survival. Would possibly help in TW too.
    Exactly my point. Not to mention the spike damage you pointed out with 80+ attack levels from full R9 + blessing. b:dirty
    ~Spazz~
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I've heard that if your cult is demon, you aren't able to get the rest of the R9 pieces because they are reserved for sages only.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    I know two full r9 sins on my server and at least one of them is a Demon.
    ~Spazz~
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I've heard that if your cult is demon, you aren't able to get the rest of the R9 pieces because they are reserved for sages only.
    ^^Sarcasm.
    I know two full r9 sins on my server and at least one of them is a Demon.

^^missed it.

Best build would be G15 daggers with GoF and double -int, then have G16 cube neck and warsong belt, I think. I've seen the odds for GoF as between 2.5% and 4% and you have 2 attempts at -int with a 1/16 chance each attempt. So at 2.5% GoF and 1 -int add thats 1/40 x 1/8 = 1/320 chance. For the double -int its 1/10240.

Anyways... The OP asked two completely seperate things in the same question, which is better "for tw use and for some solo instance usage perhaps." He also asked sage rank 9 or 5 aps demon, essentially giving us 4 options of sage pvp, sage pve, demon pvp, demon pvp.

The short answer is rank 9 for TW, sage or demon. The defense levels and burst damage in the form of attack levels and good dph would be best for quick kills and surviving long enough to shadow escape out. For soloing instances go demon, as they have the highest dph and plenty of survivability for any instance in PWI currently. Either 4 aps rank 9 demon or 5 aps G15.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited October 2011

It's not that they are not able to get r9 armor, they just don't know it exists. 90% of the sins are demon, and 90% of them went demon for the aps increase of demon spark only, without thinking any further. Since r9 has no -int, those 81% don't even know it exists.

@ OP : Sins aren't awesome for tw, but if it's really your main goal... full r9 would be the best option. I'd say full r9, sage will have more adventages over demon. For tw you will probably be charmed, so sage deaden nerves would have upper hand. For tw sparks are a bit out of the picture, but with the dph build, with low aps, that is full r9 sage spark will have more benefit then demon pve wise. Chill is more suited (preventive message to a specific person : yes, +5 att lvl isn't a really big deal, but the demon add is totally worthless in the full r9 setup). Better tidal/focussed mind. Demon does have some pro's though, like the longer stuns, troathcut and cd decrease on force stealth.

For soloing, well there is a lot about that already. Way to many are obessed with 5 aps on this picture. You can adapt your gear to your culti and the instances you want to solo. Most off those "need 4 or 5 aps to solo" ppl just base on dps calculations and never solo'ed anything worth mentionning. Besides, even if demon solos some bosses a bit faster, as sage you don't have to go through the buff-search process. Atm, there is only snakefist I get my barb for hp buff. For the rest I solo anything with just selfbuffs, and that saves me a lot of time that none of those math-maniacs ever put in their formula's.

From personal experience, I found that when coming to culti choice : Going sage on sin is like a calling. All sage sins who like their culti knew from the start they would go sage. If you're not sure or worried about aps, just go demon.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    For soloing, well there is a lot about that already. Way to many are obessed with 5 aps on this picture. You can adapt your gear to your culti and the instances you want to solo. Most off those "need 4 or 5 aps to solo" ppl just base on dps calculations and never solo'ed anything worth mentionning.

Actually, it's far more likely that they never did any calcs in that case. Because there's quite a few ways to go 3.33 or 2.86 that end up getting more DPS than 4.0 or 5.0. Also famously cheze had 3.33 aps when soloing Harpy Wraith.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    ^^Sarcasm.
    Yeah I know xD
    ^^missed it.
    I'm pretty sure I've seen RealVonDutch demon-sparking. I don't know about Warsoul.

I just realized that no one's mentioned the 5aps demon r9 that will be possible with recast r8 pants...
    ~Spazz~
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    I just realized that no one's mentioned the 5aps demon r9 that will be possible with recast r8 pants...

There's quite a few problems with that:
    1. Will there even be -interval on recast R8?
    2. If so, will it be possible to get -0.1 total?
    3. If so, will it be cost effective?
    4. And if so, will it be achievable in a realistic timeframe?

From what I can see, we know nothing about what mods can be gotten on R8 armor, just the set bonuses.