Which Server Is Your Fav and Why ?

Options
Kalirin - Sanctuary
Kalirin - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
I have only played on Sanctuary and am finding it more and more frustrating with the constant Im better than you I have R9 + 100000 and unless you have supreme weapons/gear u cant get a squad for anything rubbish that seems to be rife here. So Im curious as to what the situation is on other servers which you feel is the best and why
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sanct - 100 Sage Cleric
Sanct - 100 Demon Bm
Post edited by Kalirin - Sanctuary on

Comments

• NickXT - Harshlands
    NickXT - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Um, join a PvP server like Harshlands and prove that skill > gear any day of the week.
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    mine, couse I AM THERE

and lost couse its the most active one, but im too lazy to change and restart everything, so i just admire it from afar
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Um, join a PvP server like Harshlands and prove that skill > gear any day of the week.

That only applies in some situations. I'm TT90 and can beat most R8 classes and some Nirv, but TT90 vs R9 would be and is extremely one-sided. You have to have at least close to equal gear and be more skilled in order to kill them.
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • NickXT - Harshlands
    NickXT - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    That only applies in some situations. I'm TT90 and can beat most R8 classes and some Nirv, but TT90 vs R9 would be and is extremely one-sided. You have to have at least close to equal gear and be more skilled in order to kill them.

Well r9 is for nabs who wanna spend $2k and play on easy mode, if you can't do it with r8, you fail to begin with.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I've played on HT and Archosaur.

HT is much like Sanctuary... an old, established server with a large player base and and cheap goods. Archosaur by contrast has a tiny population and higher prices, but conceivably a more balanced TW map.

Then I realized that everyone on Arch server was goon glitching. -_- I was even told by the director of the faction I joined that 70-80% or more of the server does goon glitching (and presumably buys heads up until that point). Then one of the other officers, a 98 seeker, whined incessantly that there wasn't a sin in my fb69 squad to give him bloodpaint, which he swore up and down that he could not tank Polearm without. >_>

The sad part is, that's still the best faction I could find on that server. >_<

Kalirin, you're on a good server, don't worry yourself. Your problem is that you're trying to get into random squads (presumably for Nirvana?), and random squads at endgame are started by judgmental a-holes 90% of the time. You gotta find a faction or a good FL full of people who don't judge based on gear. They're out there, trust me. If you were on HT, I'd add you to the faction I'm in as part of their protocol is exactly that. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

Kalirin, you're on a good server, don't worry yourself. Your problem is that you're trying to get into random squads (presumably for Nirvana?), and random squads at endgame are started by judgmental a-holes 90% of the time. You gotta find a faction or a good FL full of people who don't judge based on gear.

^ This.

A good faction is important. I personally only run Nirvana with faction because I dislike the demands of random squads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Inflictia - Raging Tide
    Inflictia - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Not the EU servers for sure...
    I still having doubts on RT, but I like the people on Sanc...
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'm biased but I like Heaven's Tear because there is a lot of people, which means more resources and more online friends to make. I also enjoy the factions I am in and most of the random squads that I involve myself in Frost and Bounty Hunter are often enjoyable.

I tried playing on Arch server for a couple of months and was really disappointed in the low population; and the population that is active seems to either goon glitches or has a major language barrier. Also, newbies like to beg for money there...I was even given a lecture once from a newbie about how apparently rude it is not to donate money for a level 20-something to start a faction. >___>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    My favorite times on PWI were on Lost City server..
    was new to the game me and my real life buddies played there..
    Our small guild was fun about 20 friends learning the game.. when we all hit 40-50 we started learning the PvP aspect of the game..
    Allied with some Wolf faction for PvP protection and back up..
    idk exactly what happened but we ended up on their KoS.. it was soo funny..
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • Veri - Lothranis
    Veri - Lothranis Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Lothranis ! Because i flipped a coin and went here instead of the german server ! b:victory
  • TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver
    TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Dreamweaver because it's named after a program I used for a programming course once
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Arch...

Smaller tighter community, everyone knows everyone.

TWs - epic, the #1 tw spot could be one faction, then another faction all in a few weeks.

Top factions have not gotten washed out with lvl 101 r9 +10 or gtfo types.

Plenty of room for even the casual CSer to enjoy the only real viable aspect of the game, which is TWs.
    ----

Goon glitches? I think all servers does this. lol
    re
  • Kalirin - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I've played on HT and Archosaur.

Kalirin, you're on a good server, don't worry yourself. Your problem is that you're trying to get into random squads (presumably for Nirvana?), and random squads at endgame are started by judgmental a-holes 90% of the time. You gotta find a faction or a good FL full of people who don't judge based on gear. They're out there, trust me. If you were on HT, I'd add you to the faction I'm in as part of their protocol is exactly that. :P

I have awesome friends that I usually squad with to do most things to be honest I dont join random squads that often unless I desperatly want to get something done and my friends arnt around. Just seems sad that now you cant get into a squad unless you have certain aps or a +12 weapon. Im old school I used to play before Fcc Bh and such and we used to work for our gears farming TT etc and although I still do that for my lower toons it seems pretty rare.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sanct - 100 Sage Cleric
    Sanct - 100 Demon Bm
  • Nightstalk - Raging Tide
    Nightstalk - Raging Tide Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If your into TWs and TW faction Drama and trololols RT server is the way to go. Weve lost a lot of out trolls from the beginning of the server but I bet you anything we still have more than most servers. Some goood WC drama and many a good night laughing my *** off b:laugh. as far as FC and FC goons and heads...every server has your share. But I have found on many of my alts many factions that dont buy heads...refuse to. Just gotta do some searching for the old school players :D
    10x R9 Sage Sin Active
    9x Demon Cleric Active
    9x Sage Psy Active
    8x Mystic Active
    9x Demon BM Active
    8x Seeker Active
    Been around awhile but never really play that long to get anywhere.b:victory
  • PlaySimsNow - Dreamweaver
    PlaySimsNow - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I play Dreamwever becouse I have main with no gears who gets 3 Nirvana keys each day
    and I leech his money to this lowbie
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I have awesome friends that I usually squad with to do most things to be honest I dont join random squads that often unless I desperatly want to get something done and my friends arnt around. Just seems sad that now you cant get into a squad unless you have certain aps or a +12 weapon. Im old school I used to play before Fcc Bh and such and we used to work for our gears farming TT etc and although I still do that for my lower toons it seems pretty rare.
    Nice... it's a shame you're on Sanc, instead of HT lol. But you seem to have things well in hand over there... I'd say try to secure at least an executor position in your fac (if you don't have one already) and add a few people who share your mindset.
    Goon glitches? I think all servers does this.
    Ladies and gentlemen, the mindset of Arch server. -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

Apparently your "mindset" is a bit facked up. b:chuckle
    re
  • GenericBrand - Archosaur
    GenericBrand - Archosaur Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    As much as I want to take offense and say it's not true... it is :/ When the craze and bold world chat advertising started I went back to Dreamweaver to take a break. The number of glitch world chats doesn't even compare between the two servers. Archosaur was and remains as basically every other world chat for FC glitch. Dreamweaver was 2-3 every 5 min. But a week later or so I stopped seeing them completely on Dreamweaver.

Guess this means my favorite server is Dreamweaver /shrug
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Autumn_Hope - Archosaur
    Autumn_Hope - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Dreamweaver because it's named after a program I used for a programming course once

LOL for real?

Started on dreamweaver, stayed about a year and went over to RT to get away from the ridiculous drama of dw. Moved over to Arch and I seriously have to say they had about the best people you could meet. Made many r/l friends that continued beyond the game, something I can't say for DW or RT. But Arch did have a higher adult ratio in my opinion than the other servers, more adults 25+ and less drama, again, just my opinion.

However, Arch just couldn't handle the mass exodus after the tw changes and then the European servers and thus basically died.

For now, RT seems to be the server I perfer, it has a nice balance of adults/kids, not too much drama, and plenty of people to get help when you need it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raging Tides - MorningStar_ lvl 7x cleric
    Dreamweaver - Autumn_Hope lvl 8x Cleric
    Arch-Autumn_Hope (Band of Brothers Leader) - lvl 9x Cleric

Silly people keep proving my theory correct.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I have only played on Sanctuary and am finding it more and more frustrating with the constant Im better than you I have R9 + 100000 and unless you have supreme weapons/gear u cant get a squad for anything rubbish that seems to be rife here. So Im curious as to what the situation is on other servers which you feel is the best and why

Welcome to every single server. You're a cleric. Start sucking the dicks of sins and BMs for squads.

But seriously...

LC = Oldie PVP server
    HT = Oldie PVE server
    Sanc = Dramatastic
    DW = Everyone is on awesome drugs...maybe?
    HL = Trolly PVP server
    RT = Trolly PVE server
    Arch = Dead
    Loth = French
    Mon = German
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • XAeonx - Dreamweaver
    XAeonx - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I've played in Lost City and Dreamweaver. I noticed that the players were more social and friendlier in Dreamweaver during my experiences with both servers. Not sure if it's a PVP vs PVE comparison or just bad luck/good luck with the people I encountered. They're all the same. It's the people that make each server different.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Admittedly I've only played on Dreamweaver, but it's threads like this one that make me think I made the right choice.

Yes, there's WC drama, but that just makes it interesting, and it's easy enough to ignore when it isn't.

I've had a good time on Dreamweaver, and encountered mostly nice and helpful people there, so I'm glad that that's the one I picked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Heaven's Tear. Most populated and I like the server name *shrug*b:cute
  • Kweer - Sanctuary
    Kweer - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Sanctuary by far.

It was my first server when I started back in Jan '09. I switched to Arch, had my time there. Realized that Arch was filled of nothing but lazy and fail rejects from the other servers who acted like tarded, hormonal pre-teens. Played on Tide for awhile, realized they were a bunch of kids.

Sanctuary, despite its current issue of +10 r9 or GTFO, is still the best PvE server out there. People are generally friendly, stuff is cheap and there is never a problem getting a squad for anything.

That, and it is my first and only true home here in PWI :-) Good memories.
    b:nosebleed ಥ_ಥ PWI Follower since Jan '08 ಥ_ಥ b:nosebleed
    RisenPhoenix - 100 - Demon- Cleric - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - 100 Barbarian - Sage - Sanctuary
    Nakhtuul - 100 Blademaster - Demon - Archosaur
    Nakhtuul - 8x Seeker - Sage - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - 100 Archer - Demon - Archosaur
    /\pollo - 7x Cleric - Future Sage - Sanctuary
    Kweer - 7x Assassin - Future Demon - Sanctuary
  • Kalirin - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nice... it's a shame you're on Sanc, instead of HT lol. But you seem to have things well in hand over there... I'd say try to secure at least an executor position in your fac (if you don't have one already) and add a few people who share your mindset.

I do actually have positions on my toons that are in different facts and although I help out as much as I can i still tend to stick with running TTs etc with the same group of people. We all enjoy the farming aspect and it gives you something to aim for in my opinion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sanct - 100 Sage Cleric
    Sanct - 100 Demon Bm
  • Kalirin - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Welcome to every single server. You're a cleric. Start sucking the dicks of sins and BMs for squads.

But seriously...

LC = Oldie PVP server
    HT = Oldie PVE server
    Sanc = Dramatastic
    HL = Trolly PVP server
    RT = Trolly PVE server
    Arch = Dead
    Loth = French
    Mon = German

Day i have to suck to get anything done i think will be the day I leave pw lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sanct - 100 Sage Cleric
    Sanct - 100 Demon Bm
  • FalseArrow - Heavens Tear
    FalseArrow - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i would say HT. HT has always been my main server while i tend to play on arch sometimes. thing is, yeah, like the others say, arch is empty. i was selling some fashion and mounts in west arch, and the lady i had dealt with had hacker's hair(the curly tideborn **** on an archer). along with her, i saw about 15 other people running around with all types of things. sadly, in the starting area i also saw someone with a raccoon mask, which signifies that they kinda failed....

but anyways HT has been my main server since about '08. i used to have many friends (many have quit) and still have quite a few on there today (i believe, most i chat with outside of the client, and they still play). WC is always my favorite to watch when people would beat up Inventor or Abyss or watevs would talk. TERRORIST was always a fun faction when people would always be there to help with a bh/fb/ff/cult/etc. The parades were also a fun time for me.

so, yes, i reccomend HT. good memories happen on that server (some of the time lol) and...well if you dont do anything idiotic then hopefully you wont get beat on by trolls and ****.
  • Ocelote - Lost City
    Ocelote - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Lost City i started there ... not really but here i am XD
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Sanctuary, started on some other, lost city i believe, simply because I didin`t know how 2 switch servers until a friend explained, so I joined server where he was. Despite experiencing times "Eww a sin GTFO, making room for someone else", to "oh boy a sin (ji zzes pants)", the community is mostly not worth spitting on, but have made some good friends, I imagine it`s everywhere like that, where others don`t see people, they just see GEAR, in time you learn to ignore the majority of the population and pay your attention to a close circle of friends.
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

But seriously...

LC = Oldie PVP server
    HT = Oldie PVE server
    Sanc = Dramatastic
    HL = Trolly PVP server
    RT = Trolly PVE server
    Arch = Dead
    Loth = French
    Mon = German

LOL ON THAT, this post is AWSOME

<- wohoo more drama go go!! XDDD
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye