Beginner FAQ - Please read before posting!

Comments

• maxbrandywine454
    maxbrandywine454 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Thanks a bunch
    I appreciate that quick response.

Good Day!
  • balckstarrebel
    balckstarrebel Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If You want to be Blademaster and Wizard can u use one of each weapon in each hand?
    If so what type of weapons can you use?
  • malsal
    malsal Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    can someone help all i want to know is how to keep the view behind the player so you can see where your going, thanks
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If You want to be Blademaster and Wizard can u use one of each weapon in each hand?
    If so what type of weapons can you use?

Wizard can use any magic weapon being:

Wand
    Magic Sword
    Pataka
    Glaive

All those weapons are one-handed and can not be equipped dual wielded.

Blademaster can use different melee weapons being:

Axe
    Pole
    Sword
    Glove

Axe and Swords can be dual wield, glove is always dual wield. Pole can no be dual wield.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    malsal wrote: »
    can someone help all i want to know is how to keep the view behind the player so you can see where your going, thanks

To be honest, I wouldn't know if you can freeze your camera angle. Try walking with the WASD keys and setting your camera with right-clicking while doing so. Works out for me.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • tainted15
    tainted15 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I try to log in, and it keeps saying that either my username and password is incorrect, and I know for a fact its not, its stressing me out, all I want to do is play and have alittle fun, can anyone please help me?
    b:cry
  • anamariadekree
    anamariadekree Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Ok People: I'm In Forsaken World And Have A Question I Need Answered No Matter How Awkward It May Or May Not Be.

you Can Marry Someone In Both Forsaken World And Perfect World

Can We Even Kiss?

Thanks- Much Appreciated To Those Who'll Answer.
  • dfdsfsf
    dfdsfsf Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Phew, just finished reading all of this, what a read!
  • Xeru - Raging Tide
    Xeru - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Haha, nice forum post. Very helpful.
  • chatuli
    chatuli Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This is a very helpfull thread :)

I have a small question myself, regarding the pet bags.
    Lets say i have a cage and I give it to a pet skill trainer to receive a pet bag.
    Can I get it back? Can I trade the pet bag back into a cage?

Thank you for answers b:thanks
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    chatuli wrote: »
    I have a small question myself, regarding the pet bags.
    Lets say i have a cage and I give it to a pet skill trainer to receive a pet bag.
    Can I get it back? Can I trade the pet bag back into a cage?
    Nope. Once you get the additional slot in the pet bag the cage is gone, permanently.

However, I should mention that you can get extra pet bag slots for "free" by trading in various items. If you want to do those quests, you should do them before using any cages, because by using the cage you will lose the quest for whatever pet bag slot you add. The first two additional pet bag slots are the easiest, needing 20 Hay for the first and then 50 Fruit for the second. The third, requiring 100 Fungus is tough, and the fourth, requiring 150 Wild Ginseng is very, very difficult to get (a rare drop from high level mobs), so you might want to skip them and use the cage instead at this point.

Personally, I farmed the Hay from the Antelope Pups (level 30) around Heaven's Tear, and the Fruit from the Seaview Chislers (level 38) along Shattered Jade shore. You can search the PWDB for those items, and it will show you a list of what mobs drop those items, what their drop rates are, where they're at, and how tough they are.

Have fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • leelony
    leelony Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    andracil wrote: »
    CLASS RELATED

What class should I pick?
    -It's all personal preference. A quick rundown of the classes can be found here.

What's the best stat/skill build for <classhere>?
    -Please check the stickies on the corresponding board. The list of boards can be found here.

How do I get a pet?
    -Venomancers can get pets that assist in combat. To do so, they have to learn the Tame Beast skill, learnable at level 7. If you're playing a Venomancer, you can click on a monster, then look next to its HP bar. If it has a little "tamable" icon, you can tame it, unless the icon is red, then your lvl is too low. It helps to lower the monster's health before attempting to tame it. When the taming is successful, they get an Egg of the monster. The Pet skill trainer or Pet manager can hatch that, placing the pet in your Pet Bag (press P).
    If you're not a Veno, you can get all-class pets. These pets are made by combining various pet eggs at Mrs Zoologist in the southeast part of Archosaur. They can't assist you in combat, but they don't need feeding either.

Will my flying speed increase if I'm in tiger form or using Summer Sprint?
    -No, it will not. These boosts apply to ground speed only.

i have a tigher. so my pet is not going 2 help me? i don't know where Mrs Zoologist is. i'm so new i'm just level 9 lol. b:laugh thx u i was hopeing to get a pet. b:pleasedb:laugh
  • sangodoc
    edited October 2011
    leelony wrote: »
    i have a tigher. so my pet is not going 2 help me? i don't know where Mrs Zoologist is. i'm so new i'm just level 9 lol. b:laugh thx u i was hopeing to get a pet. b:pleasedb:laugh
    Unless you're playing a venomancer, any pets in your pet bag (hit "P" to see the contents of your pet bag) cannot attack or do anything useful, beyond looking cute/cool/interesting.

Mrs. Zoologist is located in the southeast corner of Archosaur, if you're looking for her.

EDIT: Well, technically land mounts are "pets" and go in your pet bag, so they're the one exception to what I said above.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • vilche01
    vilche01 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    this guide has been helping me lately and i still use it frequently, i started like 2 weeks ago or less so am still noob anyways thx for help
  • lupmon1999
    lupmon1999 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    There is a server hour?
    If it isn't,how I know at what hour is starting a Guild Battle?
    If there is i want to know where is it?
  • Tifa_Amakura - Heavens Tear
    Tifa_Amakura - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Thank you so much for posting this FAQ! I just started playing 3 days ago and I just finnally got to the levels to learn new skills, but I didn't know where to go to get them. There are also so many questions I also had answered here. BIG TY 4 all this HELP! :D
    Youtube Username: TifaAmakura
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • viv38
    viv38 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    does it really take to long to install nppandowebplugin.dll? i'm recently downloading the client using downloader.. i'm excited to create my character! b:pleased
  • Atoshwong - Archosaur
    Atoshwong - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Thank you so much for posting this FAQ! I just started playing 3 days ago and I just finnally got to the levels to learn new skills, but I didn't know where to go to get them. There are also so many questions I also had answered here. BIG TY 4 all this HELP! :D

yah like tifa said thanks, but where are the people who teach u the skill i cant find em?b:thanks
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    yah like tifa said thanks, but where are the people who teach u the skill i cant find em?b:thanks

Well, seeing your avatar is a wiz, you would have to go north-ish from the training area to get to the city of Etherblade (if you haven't already), where the trainer shouldn't be to hard to find (just wander around in the city a bit, i cant remember the exact location.
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
  • vougemasters
    vougemasters Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i have a two questions.

how do you rotate the screen

what the best place to put my points when i level up if im an archer
    thanks
  • sangodoc
    edited November 2011
    i have a two questions.

how do you rotate the screen
    Basically, hold down the right mouse button on a blank area of the screen, then move the mouse to rotate the camera. See also: FAQ/Turning
    what the best place to put my points when i level up if im an archer
    thanks
    There are a couple of different good builds you can choose from. I recommend reading the Archer Common Stat Builds article from the PWI wiki.

Hope that helps!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • x0r3
    x0r3 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    im to low of a level to get to places they selly hypers how much do they run for now?
  • xena18valentina
    xena18valentina Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Well I'm officially stuck! I created a character, two in fact, and I click confirm but nothing happens. Enter character's name yada yada did all that. But I can't actually PLAY the game. Little help here please!

Ami
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Well I'm officially stuck! I created a character, two in fact, and I click confirm but nothing happens. Enter character's name yada yada did all that. But I can't actually PLAY the game. Little help here please!

Ami

After you click confirm, it should take you to the 'Select a character' screen again with your lvl 1 character showing.

At that point you should be able to click on start.

Are you stuck in the Create screen?
  • dannyboy789
    dannyboy789 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I'm having the same problem. I am in the create screen and once I click confirm, nothing happens. I cannot access my character, I cannot play the game. Very disappointed!
  • guardianangel390
    guardianangel390 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hello i was just curious as to how you build a venomancer correctaly as in where should i put the stat points at
  • sangodoc
    edited February 2012
    Hello i was just curious as to how you build a venomancer correctaly as in where should i put the stat points at
    New questions should get their own thread.

In any case, you should check the venomancer forum or take a look at the Venomancer Common Stat Builds article at the PWI wiki for information on veno builds.

Venos are probably the most flexible class when it comes to different builds, so there a number of good ones to choose from. I recommend the vit build myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • giota
    giota Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    andracil wrote: »
    Quests

How do I find more quests?
    -First off, press Q to open your quest window. Now press the "Find Quest" button. Assuming you have quests to get, a pop'up will appear containing an NPC and coordinates. Now push the button shown here then enter the coordinates in there (make sure to use the format xxx yyy, with the space) and press enter. An arrow and a marker will appear indicating where to go.

I ran out of quests, what do I do now?
    -At higher lvls (usually 35+), your quests won't suffice to get you to your next level. In that case, find monsters you can kill easily that give good exp, and kill those repeatedly for exp until you level. That's called grinding. Also, don't forget that water and air monsters give x1.5 exp compared to ground monsters.

When do the races get the same quests?
    -Starting at lvl 20, all races get the same quests and move to Archosaur. There are a few exceptions, like Venomancers getting a quest no one else can get.

How do Dungeons/FB's/Call to Duties/Tabs work?
    -Dungeons or FB's are instances in this game. This means only you and your squad can enter the one you're in, it's a private area. Every lvl that ends in 9 (excluding 9 and 49, there's one at 51 though), you get a quest to kill the bosses in a dungeon, and a Call to Duty or Tab along with that. Inside the dungeons are Pillars with boss names on them. Talk to them to use the Call to Duty and start a quest that will trigger for the entire squad. If you finish it, everyone will receive exp, spirit, reputation and a Blood item (The person with the tab doesn't get Blood though).

I didn't get anything when I finished my Call to Duty quest, how come?
    -If your inventory is full, you won't get any reward. You may have noticed you need free inventory space when finishing a quest, Call to Duty works the same way. If your inventory is full, the quest can't finish. The quest will still attempt to finish though (because it has no ending NPC it attempts to autofinish), dropping your Blood on the floor, leaving you with no reward.

thanks for your help, it helped me a lot b:laugh b:pleased
  • star9281995
    star9281995 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thx for guideb:pleased
  • chil0n
    chil0n Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    How do I get my bow working again it does not wanton fire and it's red in my inventory screen?