Snakefist Guardian kinda too much?

Options
BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
I want to known your opinions:
- Isn't the self-power up of the boss makes him impossible to kill without high-aps people(Thus enforcing the aps craze)
- Isn't his self power-up kinda exaggerating?
The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
Post edited by BerserkBeast - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This game doesn't need to be made easier. He's easy enough even without crazy aps.
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    - Isn't the self-power up of the boss makes him impossible to kill without high-aps people(Thus enforcing the aps craze)

nah you got the glitched way and without aps get 2 eps and a barb
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I've only ever had trouble once keeping a squad alive on Snake, and that was when we didn't have a barb had a bm instead, he was a good bm did well but not the same as a barb. APS no APS Snake is a tough boss, but it's end game it's supposed to be hard. Try doing a full warsong and fight the final boss then you can talk about things being too hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If you have no aps just let a ranged DD tank it. It's range attack is pretty low. Back in the day I'd tank him with TT99 armor and a lunar bow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    veno +magic def charms
    b:bye
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    APS no APS Snake is a tough boss

Disagree. A couple Sins and a BM all 4-5 aps with decent refines (doesn't even have to be +10) can take him down in 2 spark cycles or less (HF ftw). Snake really is a classic example of aps making the game too easy.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hence a tough boss that he takes 2 sparks and HF from APS squads. *faceplam* you didn't bother to qoute my whole post cause I said I usually don't have any difficulty with him. Take a APS squad with no barb and see how long they last different story when Snake 2 shots the sins after their spark immunity wears off (note 2 shots unless they didn't use deadened nerves which so many sins I see forget to do) no deadened nerves 1 shot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You dun need 5aps but some ranged DDs. Veno is useful
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

I guess you'll be even sadder to hear that this BOW archer can duo him head on with a bb cleric.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If you have no aps just let a ranged DD tank it. It's range attack is pretty low. Back in the day I'd tank him with TT99 armor and a lunar bow.

yup, tanked that one too.
    good to have a veno around for amp if there is no aps. But I did it back in the days (1yr ago) and wasn't a biggie. True, you need to work a little with genie skills and don't ever miss a chi build skill cooldown, but hey, it can be done.

To OP: yup, Snake is "too much" for the new wave of 4k max 5k HP r8 casters that servers are full of.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I guess you'll be even sadder to hear that this BOW archer can duo him head on with a bb cleric.

Kiyoshi... you're also R9 +12 if I recall :P Give the people some slack lol
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Grats for using a bow on an archer b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

classic +12 R9 epeen booster post.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    more sad this bm can solo him self buffed without ticking and rank9
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Okie okie guys let me clarify something

When I say"too much",I obviously refer to an"Average",squad.
    If you are R9 +10 or above don't tell me you can solo/duo because that's not the point.

The point is,that he is kinda too much for an average squad that takes more than 2-3 minutes to take him down(That's when his self buff become insane).

Off course,if you kill him in 30 secs its no big deal,but again,that's not the point.

His attacks deals more damage than a Cleric in BB can heal(And I've seen even R8+10 Clerics not"Strong enough",to heal,and no,Barb wasn't a 9k Hp barb.)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Did you read Ast's post? +10 Lunar's damage is similar to +7 R8. That damage is pretty average by today's standards. Just get a party that can debuff and you'll be fine. Also do the pill quest if your squad can't handle it.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ok I am a slightly higher than average cleric Lunar gear +5 and tt100 wep - Not R8 or R9. I'm slightly higher than average because of my shards. Now I have no problem keeping a non r8/r9/Nirvana Barb alive in BB or not in BB. Now the boss can 1 shot me no problem (does alittle over 10k damage lol) but the only time my squads have ever failed is when we didn't have a barb. Granted I like the 30 sec kill of a high APS squad but it isn't needed. You want something difficult do a full warsong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I cannot tank him melee with my archer.

I can tank him using a bow. R8+6 w/ 2 Immacs. Need to be under BB, and it's risky; I've had wipes before.

I wouldn't call him too hard. Somewhat difficult, yes, but not unreasonably so.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think Snakefist is just fine. Well yeah I'm a sin and I sometimes get hit for 7-10k through BB, but so what? It's fun. It's much better than a lolafk like BH Seat.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hence a tough boss that he takes 2 sparks and HF from APS squads. *faceplam* you didn't bother to qoute my whole post cause I said I usually don't have any difficulty with him. Take a APS squad with no barb and see how long they last different story when Snake 2 shots the sins after their spark immunity wears off (note 2 shots unless they didn't use deadened nerves which so many sins I see forget to do) no deadened nerves 1 shot.

*Double face palm* on the red highlight. And exactly what is the Barb going to be doing while the aps squad sparks away... sit there looking pretty ?

You can't seriously be implying the Barb is going to be tanking Snake for the rest of the APS squad are you now ?

As to your claim of me not quoting you properly... what does the fact that you never have any trouble with Snake change the fact that you said that Snake is a tough boss... aps or no aps ?

I was merely disputing that statement by pointing out how easily even a semi-decent geared aps squad can take that boss down. So clearly Snake isn't a tough boss once aps is involved.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Do you not understand the NO BARB part, not that there is a barb and he does nothing saying GO WITHOUT A BARB how was that unclear in my post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Do you not understand the NO BARB part, not that there is a barb and he does nothing saying GO WITHOUT A BARB how was that unclear in my post.

Sorry but you're making absolutely no sense now.

You said and I quote, "Take a APS squad with no barb and see how long they last".

So precisely what will the aps squad be missing when leaving the Barb at home that will cause them to not last as long as they otherwise would IF they did take the Barb along, when facing Snake ? b:laugh
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I rarely happen to be in a squad with a Veno in BH metal(don't ask me why o.o).

How effective is purge?,granted that its has 20/30 secs cooldown(Don't remember atm),does it completely erase his self buff?

I think I should rephrase:
    - Is his self buff something that is build little by little(So it has to start from zero if purged)
    - ....or he simply buff himself with a stronger version of his buff after every a fixed amount of time?(Thus making purge not that effective).

Lastly,if the squad is very slow,would be better for a Sin to stay back and shot the boss with the lunar purge bow?(If no Veno in squad).
    b:thanks

((@Quilue Yes I was just answering the other post))
  • doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sorry but you're making absolutely no sense now.

You said and I quote, "Take a APS squad with no barb and see how long they last".

So precisely what will the aps squad be missing when leaving the Barb at home that will cause them to not last as long as they otherwise would IF they did take the Barb along, when facing Snake ? b:laugh

You must not understand the power of barb buffs. its the extra life and damage u get from them not that the barb will keep AGRO.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    doods00 wrote: »
    You must not understand the power of barb buffs. its the extra life and damage u get from them not that the barb will keep AGRO.

Thank you. Without a barb to hold argo APS squads die because they can't take the damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Pretty sure my "squishy" aps bm has tanked every single endgame instace at one point or another most of them w/o a cleric.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    doods00 wrote: »

Anybody here remember the last time they ran BH Warsong with a Barb ?

Its been a good while for me now. They are just as scarce in squads for BH quests as they are in FC. b:surrender

Sorry but while strength of titans speed things up quite a bit and the extra HP is nice... for someone to say Sins or anyone else won't last as long against Snake without them is pure bunk. Just about every squad out there has adjusted to life without the former tanks of PW. Its really only in Delta now that they are still in some demand.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thank you. Without a barb to hold argo APS squads die because they can't take the damage.

Oh sweet jesus... who rewound the clock to 2009 without telling me ? b:shocked
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Anybody here remember the last time they ran BH Warsong with a Barb ?

Its been a good while for me now. They are just as scarce in squads for BH quests as they are in FC. b:surrender

Sorry but while strength of titans speed things up quite a bit and the extra HP is nice... for someone to say Sins or anyone else won't last as long against Snake without them is pure bunk. Just about every squad out there has adjusted to life without the former tanks of PW. Its really only in Delta now that they are still in some demand.

I ran it last night with my 20k hp aps barb, does that count?
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I ran it last night with my 20k hp aps barb, does that count?

To the remaining members of the old school club of Vit Barbs, it doesn't, traitor. b:sin