Snakefist Guardian kinda too much?

Options

Comments

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Kiyoshi... you're also R9 +12 if I recall :P Give the people some slack lol

By that logic a +12 r9 archer > survivability of a lvl 100 barb and the dd of 5 people? The boss hits harder and harder as time passes. Assuming a 100+ barb would double my hp... he should have NO problem tanking the boss's melee attack for a few good minutes. The only way to even fail that bad is to have everyone in the squad with stock tt99 weapons.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    To the remaining members of the old school club of Vit Barbs, it doesn't, traitor. b:sin

**** them too I have more hp than 90% of the damn vit barbs on sanc b:chuckle
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sadly the AVERAGE squads these days all have +1 tt80 gear at level 100. I can't imagine why it's difficult. b:cute
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I have like 26k hp with my tt99 crappy vit build. With just BB I can last errrrr ... 3-4 minutes? When he starts hitting 10k's ish pop an IG or Sutra and hope for the best b:cute

Things always go smoother if you use loub.
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This thread made me giggle.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Tanked it on my 6.6k HP sin with only two high APS DDs in squad (myself and a BM)... I love 5 APS and +10 daggers! :D
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sadly the AVERAGE squads these days all have +1 tt80 gear at level 100. I can't imagine why it's difficult. b:cute

Gee, I wonder if all those FCC head sellers would have something to do with this?

Or maybe, since sins like using TT80 until 100, people have concluded that TT80 is good for all classes until 100?

Oh and yeah, you see some really sad cases sometimes. I met a sin that had a +10 R8 dagger and about 4.2k hp because he had +0 refines and no shards in any of his gear. Or the archer who had Rank 4 armor, 69 legendary leggings and quest items and a +6 deicide. Or the 96 BM that has a lvl 70 mold claw.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Meh i've done cannon without a cleric, does that count? b:avoid
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

^^ this

Seriously: the rewards for killing this boss are great and it shouldn't be so easy to kill, yet my mere rank 8 veno, or Assassin both with less than 7k HP could kill within the 4 min time frame with heals / buffs alone.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I happened just yesterday to be in a squad with a Veno,which purged him as often as she could(And fight lasted for almost 5 mins).

And here's what I learned:
    ->His buff its not cumulative,that means,he doesn't gain 5 attack levels every 20 seconds or so,but he simply buff himself with a stronger version of frenzy every time.

That means,even if you purge him repeatedly,if you happen to be too slow to purge him,or simply your purge is in cooldown,or your purge weapon doesn't wanna work,he still can be deadly after 4-5 mins,when he's attack levels goes.....OVER 9000!.
    b:surrender
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • YingFei - Dreamweaver
    YingFei - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Why'd you need aps for this -.-
    Done snake with 6 arcanes squad and 5arcanes+vit barb squad. Awesome enough to wanna do it again. b:chuckle
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Oh, the joys of powerlevelling b:chuckle
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thus the reason this thread made me giggle.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Old PWI: "This boss killed us. I wonder where we messed up. Let's try it again."
    -Upon death again-
    "Hmm... maybe our current strategy is flawed. Let's try something different."

New PWI: "dis boss kil us. we nid lvl 105 APS sin 2 kil it 4 us"
    -Upon death again-
    "OMFG BOSS R 2 OP 4 US WAAAA WE NID 2 TEL GMS 2 STOP NURFING US N MAKIN D BOSS STRNGER!!1!1!1!1shiftoneone"

tl;dr: This thread makes me laugh.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    He dies before he can even attack.

/endthread b:bye
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Old PWI: "This boss killed us. I wonder where we messed up. Let's try it again."
    -Upon death again-
    "Hmm... maybe our current strategy is flawed. Let's try something different."

New PWI: "dis boss kil us. we nid lvl 105 APS sin 2 kil it 4 us"
    -Upon death again-
    "OMFG BOSS R 2 OP 4 US WAAAA WE NID 2 TEL GMS 2 STOP NURFING US N MAKIN D BOSS STRNGER!!1!1!1!1shiftoneone"

tl;dr: This thread makes me laugh.

Oh that's so true, lmao.

I can't solo WB's.... I demand them nerfed b:chuckle

Easy mode does this things to young players :P
    edited September 2011
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    old Pwi: "this Boss Killed Us. I Wonder Where We Messed Up. Let's Try It Again."
    -upon Death Again-
    "hmm... Maybe Our Current Strategy Is Flawed. Let's Try Something Different."

New Pwi: "dis Boss Kil Us. We Nid Lvl 105 Aps Sin 2 Kil It 4 Us"
    -upon Death Again-
    "omfg Boss R 2 Op 4 Us Waaaa We Nid 2 Tel Gms 2 Stop Nurfing Us N Makin D Boss Strnger!!1!1!1!1shiftoneone"

Tl;dr: This Thread Makes Me Laugh.

Lol..
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Why'd you need aps for this -.-
    Done snake with 6 arcanes squad and 5arcanes+vit barb squad. Awesome enough to wanna do it again. b:chuckle

I bet your squad was all R8/Nirvana people with lots of Hp.

@The rest of the poster

Thank you for flaming this thread without providing any info/advices about it.
    I have a mixture of TT90 / Legendary lv.90+ stuff,15k in barb form,I haven't powerlevelled or anything,I think Im pretty average,Im not either one of those with TT80 green stuff at lv.100,and still I think that hitting almost 10k in BB is kinda too much for me to handle.

Off course,you all rich people doesn't have this kind of problems because of your high refined Nirvana/R8/Whatever stuff,so instead of even trying to say something useful you just assume that we're all noobs and flame and flame and flame over and over.
    Oh that's so true, lmao.

I can't solo WB's.... I demand them nerfed b:chuckle

Easy mode does this things to young players :P

Everything Is easy when you got high geared people right :o
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I bet your squad was all R8/Nirvana people with lots of Hp.

@The rest of the poster

Thank you for flaming this thread without providing any info/advices about it.
    I have a mixture of TT90 / Legendary lv.90+ stuff,15k in barb form,I haven't powerlevelled or anything,I think Im pretty average,Im not either one of those with TT80 green stuff at lv.100,and still I think that hitting almost 10k in BB is kinda too much for me to handle.

Off course,you all rich people doesn't have this kind of problems because of your high refined Nirvana/R8/Whatever stuff,so instead of even trying to say something useful you just assume that we're all noobs and flame and flame and flame over and over.

Everything Is easy when you got high geared people right :o

LOLrichR8andnirvanapplruinthegame
    edited September 2011
    Options
    LOLrichR8andnirvanapplruinthegame

Yes keep spamming. b:bye
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

I am not too sure I would call a level 100 barb with tt90 stuff and only 15k hp in barb form average.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I can tell I've seen much worse.
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I am not too sure I would call a level 100 barb with tt90 stuff and only 15k hp in barb form average.

But he isn't one of those with tt80 green D:
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Some weapons and Skills can purge his selfbuffs. IF you leak OP gear make sure your squad use them in order to keep his selfbuffs down to a minnimum. Hes not too hard he probably need a toughtful squad setup if the group have below todays standard average gear so yes engaging him with a group of 6k hp sins allone is a bad idea.
    I hate Room 38
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Some weapons and Skills can purge his selfbuffs. IF you leak OP gear make sure your squad use them in order to keep his selfbuffs down to a minnimum. Hes not too hard he probably need a toughtful squad setup if the group have below todays standard average gear so yes engaging him with a group of 6k hp sins allone is a bad idea.

This is clearly way more useful than those flame post above.Much appreciated. b:thanks
    (Even if previous post already mentioned similar things)
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is clearly way more useful than those flame post above.Much appreciated. b:thanks

Not as useful as those evil corporate whoar R8/Nirvana APS people that keep the tr00 barb warriors down b:cry
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I want to known your opinions:
    - Isn't the self-power up of the boss makes him impossible to kill without high-aps people(Thus enforcing the aps craze)
    - Isn't his self power-up kinda exaggerating?

I can tank this guy with my archer and no aps ppl.. Psys wizzies and ocaisional Bm for HF.. too easy imo
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    OK... I was one of those that initially made fun of the OP in having so much difficulty with a boss most people just take for granted but today I went and did this BH again just to see what all the fuss is about. Granted I've done Snake countless times before but I tried to look at it from the point of view of the average/under geared squad this time. So it was me, 3 Sins, an Archer and a Mystic (no life saving BB in play here).

I must say... up close Snake really does hit hard as fuuuk !!

One Sin with 9K HP took aggro and got one-shotted instantly while another with similar hit points said he got hit for 8.5k damage. The thing is... 99.9% of the squads out there never run BH snake without a Cleric hence never get to feel these kinds of hits since BB cuts all incoming damage in half. But for those squads with 5-6k HP per person they really have to kill him fast (in our case Snake lasted no more than 7-8 seconds with my demon HF) or run the risk of a squad wipe... BB or no BB. Of course you can tank him at range to cut down the damage but really... who ever bothers with that.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If you have no aps just let a ranged DD tank it. It's range attack is pretty low. Back in the day I'd tank him with TT99 armor and a lunar bow.

now u tank goonss..ohh my bad!b:laugh
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

Myriad lock and BB works great. Drops boss damage to 1/4.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.