new game engine comming

Olivassin - Heavens Tear
Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
Todays china update was about a game engine update, which requires an update of DirectX. Source: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=bbs.w2i.wanmei.com%2Fviewthread.php%3Ftid%3D1818645%26extra%3Dpage%253D1

Will we get revamped graphics? Discuss

- edit: sorry about the 'necro', but i don't wanna open a new thread for the same thread -

@ 10/7 (7th October), PWCN updated the client with the new engine. Can anyone there tell us if there's some difference between now and then? like graphics, efficiency, etc.?

jump to the new start

ty :3
Post edited by Olivassin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Looks promising. Any CM available to confirm this ? Oh wait...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • VEVeno - Sanctuary
    VEVeno - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    o.0

It says DirectX 9.0c. That was released in 2004 as part of the service packs for Windows XP. Vista has DirectX 10. Windows 7 has DirectX 11.

So the ONLY possible reason you'd need to upgrade to 9.0c is if you're using a computer with an old install of XP that somehow never got updated with the service packs. b:surrender
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    o.0

It says DirectX 9.0c. That was released in 2004 as part of the service packs for Windows XP. Vista has DirectX 10. Windows 7 has DirectX 11.

So the ONLY possible reason you'd need to upgrade to 9.0c is if you're using a computer with an old install of XP that somehow never got updated with the service packs. b:surrender

I think it says that DirectX 9 users are required to update DirectX.
    If you look at the actual requirements for PWI, you need DirectX 9c
  • Zythasu - Heavens Tear
    Zythasu - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011

If I could start a thread whenever I had to update Adobe Flash Player...
  • VEVeno - Sanctuary
    VEVeno - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Maybe so, but in the OP you made it sound like people had to update DirectX before this engine update would work.

If someone is getting an engine update to a game that they presumably already have installed and the game required 9.0c or later in the first place, why would they need to update DirectX? Otherwise it would just be a new install, not an update.
    edited September 2011
    Maybe so, but in the OP you made it sound like people had to update DirectX before this engine update would work.

If someone is getting an engine update to a game that they presumably already have installed and the game required 9.0c or later in the first place, why would they need to update DirectX? Otherwise it would just be a new install, not an update.

Yeah, maybe i wasn't clear enough.

China says:
    Specific updates are as follows:

Experience serving the game engine updates.

For updates on the engine, DirectX9.0c these players need to download the latest DirectX program in advance

My guess is that what they actually say is that DirectX 9c is not enough for the new engine, and those users need to update (or install, whatever you want) a newer version of DirectX.

If the new engine is using an earlier version of the DirectX API, something tells me that they will somehow revamp graphics or add new stuff (might be expansion comming, that it was alredy aproved, as said on Ready for new expansion) that needs something that a newer version of DirectX has and 9c doesn't.
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited September 2011
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    To me it's pretty clear they updated the game engine and will release it soon.
    Win XP I don't think it supports DX10 or DX11. Might be wrong with DX10, but maybe DX9d or e or what was the last release at least will give a compatibility mode run or something.
    And lets' be serious, if you still run a XP machine you have bigger issues than FPS in a game :P
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If they actually improve the overall graphics on this game making it look "up to date" of today's games, then I'd actually look forward to the results, but this is the bejing devs were talking about, they haven't done a single thing right yet so I wont hold my breath.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    And lets' be serious, if you still run a XP machine you have bigger issues than FPS in a game :P
    It's true. Windows XP is SO July, 2011. It's undisputed reign is finally over.

Of course, I still use it, as does my workplace, because it gets the job done. And whenever I need something more powerful I let my Linux machine handle it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    omg will it be a game engine that will actually utilize my multi core processor b:shocked
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    omg will it be a game engine that will actually utilize my multi core processor b:shocked

I hope so...
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • LittlePony - Dreamweaver
    LittlePony - Dreamweaver Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Just updated my china client. Any graphix changes I didnt saw
    The trouble with real life is that there is no danger music.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011

What about, errors, lag, glitches, client closing, multi-core usage?
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011

"Experience the service will be held on September 28 for engine updates, full-service update on October 7."

October 7th my friend.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• LittlePony - Dreamweaver
    LittlePony - Dreamweaver Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Oh, thought update is for today ;__;
    Dont know anything about bugfixes (What can I check with lvl 10 main?) But I saw that http://i.imgur.com/gEirE.jpg b:pleased
    The trouble with real life is that there is no danger music.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Dont know anything about bugfixes (What can I check with lvl 10 main?) But I saw that http://i.imgur.com/gEirE.jpg b:pleased

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow b:shocked
    reminds me of the harry potter patronum x3
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011

OMG I WANT THAT RIDING MOUNT....so anyway...
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

edited September 2011

OMG stealth mounts

now sins be more OP sins b:chuckle
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    When it talks about the "experience server" its the test server. Though I don't know which that is or if it's open to everone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kizokui - Sanctuary
    Kizokui - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Is there a guide on how to download+install the chinese version? I tried... It's hard :l
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    When it talks about the "experience server" its the test server. Though I don't know which that is or if it's open to everone.

I assumed the update of the 28th is them testing it on the test server, and they scheduled it to be live on the 7th of October, but I guess we shall see.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited September 2011

*Hides link from wife and hopes mount isn't dyeable* She'd spend an arm and a leg making it pink >.<
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Is there a guide on how to download+install the chinese version? I tried... It's hard :l

No, and if there was it wouldn't be here. PWE refuses to allow players to post information that would enable players to play a version not intended for them (thus the whole fiasco with signing up for the Chinese server).
  • XXMonaXx - Heavens Tear
    XXMonaXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Win XP I don't think it supports DX10 or DX11. Might be wrong with DX10, but maybe DX9d or e or what was the last release at least will give a compatibility mode run or something.

Allow me to interject for a moment. Windows XP by far is the most successful operating system with the largest list of compatibility. Windows 7 is on par with Windows XP, Windows Vista on the other hand is an utter failure.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    New graphic engine?....hey,wait a moment,they are gonna fix the no-clothes-behind-waterfal-glitch?

OMFG!! b:shocked
    *panics*
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    steel forged wheels are by far the most durable and reliable wheels. That's why they are used in trains everywhere, in any kind of weather, and work the same for about 200 years now? First attempt at cars also had steel/wood wheels.
    Rubber tires go flat, you need a set for winter, one for summer, but you see them everywhere these days, because of the rest of the advantages they have.

Win XP is nice, I'm still using it at work (and I mean right now) but it's old, moves like ****, has memory management issues, multi-threading issue, security issues, exploit issues, etc etc.
    Win7 does the job faster and better and some extra on top of it.
    OS usage statistics are nothing to rely on. For years now OEMs are selling Vista/Win7 PCs/laptops. The only big chunk usage left is in business area, where companies think they actually save money using XP on Quad Cores with 4G ram. Yeah, and I'm talking about big companies, world wide ones, where 100k employees are forced to use a company wide XP image on a less than 2 year old pc. I honestly don't give a flying b:fatb about usage of XP statistics, as I know for sure when it comes to home users XP is going down to 20% or less.

New graphic engine?....hey,wait a moment,they are gonna fix the no-clothes-behind-waterfal-glitch?

OMFG!! b:shocked
    *panics*

yup, too bad for kids making Pamela Anderson like chars and taking them behind waterfall to fap to them.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Home XP usage is going down because you are hard pressed to find a new PC with XP on it. The vista failure kept XP going and XP was a good os, not nearly as fail as ME, 98, 2000, and the list goes on and on. Windows 7 isn't nearly as faultless as people like to claim it is, after all it's just a reworked Vista (if you don't belive me learn to read code and look at it yourself I won't argue with you). 7 hid a lot of basic features that average pc users had no idea what were on xp or vista and it confused them. Advanced users have to go in and reenable them so they can use their PC as they are meant to. Windows 7 is just as fail as PWE get Linux.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2011

I'm running XP just fine, at least I don't crash whenever I teleport as some people with newer pcs do b:chuckle