new game engine comming

2»

Comments

• Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    How is it an issue if you take care of your stuff so you dont have to buy a new system every year or dont feel like you have to throw down cash on the newest system just because some company says you have to to be cool like everybody else?
  • gamekillz
    gamekillz Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yeah, maybe i wasn't clear enough.

China says:

My guess is that what they actually say is that DirectX 9c is not enough for the new engine, and those users need to update (or install, whatever you want) a newer version of DirectX.

If the new engine is using an earlier version of the DirectX API, something tells me that they will somehow revamp graphics or add new stuff (might be expansion comming, that it was alredy aproved, as said on Ready for new expansion) that needs something that a newer version of DirectX has and 9c doesn't.

For the last time, READ, we play PW2, the expansion is for PW1 (Chinese PAY-TO-PLAY version). We will be getting no update, I posted this TWICE in that thread already, as did other users.

Although this new engine update brings me some new hope for this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sit tibi vita longa et omnia bona
    Pacem et vitam longam
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    lol this thread as turned into one of those Xp Vs Seven/Vista threads b:laugh
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
    =,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
    >,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    lol this thread as turned into one of those Xp Vs Seven/Vista threads b:laugh

Vista? Don't make me laugh
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    vista is garbage. and windows xp vs win 7 is like arguing windows 98/win2000 vs windows xp.
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have win XP on my netbook for a reason, is faster period

However if speed were my only concern I would have debian on all my PCS (my favorite O.S from my University days b:victory), and since is not I have 7x64 on my gaming laptop and both of my desktops, and windows XP on my netbook.

Anyone has more information about the new engine? is only about the graphics? what about any modification to the combat system? Perhaps the will make evasion less useless? or perhaps is the so needed nerf to APS?
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    to get back on the subject this is the requirements for PWI as of right now (this is taken from the client files, and is NOT translated, sorry. except where noted)
    1&#12289; &#36816;&#34892;&#29615;&#22659;&#65306;

&#12288;&#12288;&#25805;&#20316;&#31995;&#32479;&#65306;Win98/SE/2000/XP
    &#12288;&#12288;&#30828;&#30424;&#31354;&#38388;&#65306;1.95G&#23433;&#35013;&#31354;&#38388;

&#12288;&#12288;&#26368;&#20302;&#30828;&#20214;&#37197;&#32622;&#65306;<minimum
    &#12288;&#12288;CPU&#65306;&#36187;&#25196; 800&#20027;&#39057;
    &#12288;&#12288;&#20869;&#23384;&#65306;256M
    &#12288;&#12288;&#26174;&#21345;&#65306;32M&#26174;&#23384;&#65292;&#25903;&#25345;3D&#22270;&#24418;&#21152;&#36895;&#65292;[color=red][b][i]DirectX 8.1a[/i][/b][/color]&#20197;&#19978;&#29256;&#26412;
    &#12288;&#12288;(GF2&#31995;&#21015;&#25110;&#30456;&#21516;&#26723;&#27425;&#26174;&#21345;)

&#12288;&#12288;&#25512;&#33616;&#30828;&#20214;&#37197;&#32622;&#65306;<recommended
    &#12288;&#12288;CPU&#65306;Intel &#36187;&#25196; 1.0G&#20027;&#39057;
    &#12288;&#12288;&#20869;&#23384;&#65306;512M
    &#12288;&#12288;&#26174;&#21345;&#65306;64 M&#26174;&#23384;&#65292;&#25903;&#25345;3D&#22270;&#24418;&#21152;&#36895;&#65292;DirectX 8.1a&#20197;&#19978;&#29256;&#26412;
    &#12288;&#12288;&#65288;ATI 9550&#25110;&#30456;&#21516;&#26723;&#27425;&#26174;&#21345;&#65289;

I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    [real fact]

I've said this several months ago and I'll say it again: I love you.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have win XP on my netbook for a reason, is faster period

However if speed were my only concern I would have debian on all my PCS (my favorite O.S from my University days b:victory), and since is not I have 7x64 on my gaming laptop and both of my desktops, and windows XP on my netbook.

Anyone has more information about the new engine? is only about the graphics? what about any modification to the combat system? Perhaps the will make evasion less useless? or perhaps is the so needed nerf to APS?

How is Linux faster? Whenever I use it, I find myself spending half my time fixing **** that breaks, isn't working to begin with, or working around unsupported hardware, programs, or other incompatibilities. Not to mention, waking up after 2 weeks of running Linux to find that XUbuntu decided to lose half of itself and I now have to reinstall and reconfigure to get my machine working again... Linux was an ongoing nightmare. >_>

XP is faster to a point. XP 32 bit is faster on machines, like this one, with a 32-bit memory controller and 2-3 GB of RAM. You got a 4 or 6 core system, 8 GB, 12 GB, or 16 GB of RAM, and a more advanced memory controller? XP is gonna start slowing you down. Win 7 will be faster.

Hell, XP is quite a bit slower on my Dual Dualcore Opteron server vs Win 7. Here's just a few reasons why:

I can turn the pagefile completely OFF in Win 7 on the server, since it has 12 GB of RAM, the system would **** bricks if I did that in XP
    Win 7 can make the most of the 12 GB of RAM, and has no problems getting data from the RAM to the correct CPU core, whereas XP has RAM to cache misses more frequently

XP takes twice as long to boot, a bit over 1.5 times as long to load programs, and around 5 minutes to shut down on the server. Win 7 on the server is snappy and shutdown is instantaneous, and I don't have to use tools to get Win 7 to do what I want it to do in the first place.

Vista... Vista would be slow even on a 12 core Magny-Cours with 16GB of RAM. MS screwed the pooch with that one, Vista really was the Win ME of the NT family.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    How is Linux faster? Whenever I use it, I find myself spending half my time fixing **** that breaks, isn't working to begin with, or working around unsupported hardware, programs, or other incompatibilities. Not to mention, waking up after 2 weeks of running Linux to find that XUbuntu decided to lose half of itself and I now have to reinstall and reconfigure to get my machine working again... Linux was an ongoing nightmare. >_>

XP is faster to a point. XP 32 bit is faster on machines, like this one, with a 32-bit memory controller and 2-3 GB of RAM. You got a 4 or 6 core system, 8 GB, 12 GB, or 16 GB of RAM, and a more advanced memory controller? XP is gonna start slowing you down. Win 7 will be faster.

Hell, XP is quite a bit slower on my Dual Dualcore Opteron server vs Win 7. Here's just a few reasons why:

I can turn the pagefile completely OFF in Win 7 on the server, since it has 12 GB of RAM, the system would **** bricks if I did that in XP
    Win 7 can make the most of the 12 GB of RAM, and has no problems getting data from the RAM to the correct CPU core, whereas XP has RAM to cache misses more frequently

XP takes twice as long to boot, a bit over 1.5 times as long to load programs, and around 5 minutes to shut down on the server. Win 7 on the server is snappy and shutdown is instantaneous, and I don't have to use tools to get Win 7 to do what I want it to do in the first place.

Vista... Vista would be slow even on a 12 core Magny-Cours with 16GB of RAM. MS screwed the pooch with that one, Vista really was the Win ME of the NT family.

For linux vs windows you both nailed and skipped the point entirely.

Linux IS faster for anything built native to it, for people who know how to use it well. Windows just happens to be about 400% easier to use, and therefore damn near everything is natively windows. I mean, when did you last see "Made for Linux!" on a PC game box in the shop?

As for XP/Vista/7 it depends what you do. Same 3gig ram 3gig processor for all 3 XP will be the fastest out of the box, 7 if you spend a little time turning things off. Vista might suck compared to the rest, but if you know what to do it was miles better than poeple made out. Everyone who found it crashing were people who didnt know **** about how to run a PC properly. (Ran it for 1.5 years before I got 7, had 3 bluescreens, 2 of which were a conflict between Avast and ZoneAlarm which got fixed, friend ran it for nearly 3 years and crashed it every week if I didnt maintain it when he went to bed when I stayed over b:chuckle).
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I've said this several months ago and I'll say it again: I love you.
    when did you says that? *blinks*
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    XP 64 bit uses my 4 GB ram just fine b:victory

It's just a shame pretty much nothing supports the 64 bit version, so I am looking to upgrade it some time, especially since windows 7 would offer more support for my SSD. I have never had any issues with XP though, which is why I'm hesitant to move over to some OS that insists on protecting me from myself.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Allow me to interject for a moment. Windows XP by far is the most successful operating system with the largest list of compatibility. Windows 7 is on par with Windows XP, Windows Vista on the other hand is an utter failure.
    vista is garbage. and windows xp vs win 7 is like arguing windows 98/win2000 vs windows xp.
    . Win 7 on the server is snappy and shutdown is instantaneous, and I don't have to use tools to get Win 7 to do what I want it to do in the first place.

Wow, talk about a group of people who like to pretend they know what they're talking about...

Serious idiocy.... please.

Anyone who thinks Vista sucks and Windows 7 is awesome ignorant about hardware, software or computers in general.

Windows 7 is nothing more than a self-righteous service pack level upgrade of Vista. And if you actually knew anything, fully patched Vista has none of the issues that the first version (pre-SP1) did and in comparison to W7, it's running the same damn code base as Vista with an altered GUI, less visible UAC and a few tweaks to the core and driver system. It's like putting huge rims and a Bentley badge on a C300. Seriously...

And for those of you who say XP was awesome? I guess you weren't old enough to comprehend when you were so little because XP went through the exact same thing Vista did, except that it recovered from the bad reputation of factory loaded laptops that just coudldn't handle the bloatware of XP at the time that it was released... exactly the same thing as Vista, except that thousands of users never got their hard drives hosed from installing a service pack like XP SP2 did.

Then again you people probably never had much experience with NT4 or W2K...

Calling Windows 7 anything more than a dumbed down slightly improved bloat-hog is just proof that you've had a burlap bag over your heads for the last decade. Yeah, W7 runs fast... because overall system performance has improved since Vista first came out. All of you might as well applaud how fast Win 3.11 runs on your system too. And if you don't believe it, just look at W8 development.

FWIW, I'm running both OSes right now and I have more problems with W7 acting up than Vista Ultimate 64, which I've had the same installation running since it came out...

BTW, the real difference is stability. With my old systems... instead of going a year without a system reboot (W2K), I get about 6 months uptime before a reboot is necessary or I get a crash(XP)... With Vista, that's at about 3-4 months on average. W7 is about the same but I get odd behavior on my W7 after about a month or so of uptime like random system freezing and slow application load times.

As for how they all work? On a system with specs to handle it, they're amazing. On systems that aren't powerful enough, they suck.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited September 2011
    It's like putting huge rims and a Bentley badge on a C300. Seriously...

lol

i agree though, i've used all of 3 these os's from day one and i honestly can't see myself wanting to upgrade to w7. and who said vista can't support dx11? mine sure as hell does.

b:bye
  • rainbowyoshii
    rainbowyoshii Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    some ignorant fool that is pretending to know what he is talking about

hilarious **** bro, but you really dont have a clue on what your talking about. i can write up a 2 page essay on why you are 100% on most of what you said, but its just not worth the time since everything u said is typical garbage from a vista fanboy.

btw, the only problems had with win 7 was during the beta. currently it gives me 0 problems.
  • Caled - Dreamweaver
    Caled - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    They should update the musics also. They're pretty boring b:sad
  • JSXJoe - Sanctuary
    JSXJoe - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    People seriously,

you all talk so much **** lately, who cares what OS anyone uses, if you know what you're doing, if you know what kind of Hardware and Software you got, then you should be able to configure any OS so that it'll be perfectly fine.

Got Win XP -> 0 Probs
    Got Win Vista -> 0 Probs
    Got Win 7 -> 0 Probs
    and even Got Win8 DP -> 0 Probs
    and got all LInux Distributions -> Yeah 0 Probs

wanna know why =?

Because I take my time optimizing all those systems so that they can surely run 100% perfect. It's not always done by just installing your OS and taking it as given right that any ridicolous application will run smoothly, because it'S nearly impossible to point out any possible conflict with Hard- and Software. So just figure it out, install it 3 times or more maybe who cares and then you got a system that's perfectly fine, nvm if its WIndows, Linux, Mac or even Smartphone OS's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am really honered, ty b:victory

My Chars:
    101 Demon Blademaster. 101 Demon Barbarian,
    100 Sage Seeker, 100 Sage Cleric, 100 Demon Assassin,
    101 Demon Cleric, 93 Demon Archer, 101 Sage Venomancer,
    89 Demon Psychic, 100 Sage Mystic, 100 Demon Wizard
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    @ 10/7 (7th October), PWCN updated the client with the new engine. Can anyone there tell us if there's some difference between now and then? like graphics, efficiency, etc.?

ty :3
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    How did this topic become a Vista/Win7/Linux/XP fanboy rant between people trying to show off how much they "think" they know? Stroke the nerdly epeens elsewhere, and get back to the topic at hand b:angry
    @ 10/7 (7th October), PWCN updated the client with the new engine. Can anyone there tell us if there's some difference between now and then? like graphics, efficiency, etc.?

ty :3
    Rather than tell......I been hoping for a screenshot or two if they've indeed updated the graphics ;)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2011
    People seriously,

you all talk so much **** lately, who cares what OS anyone uses, if you know what you're doing, if you know what kind of Hardware and Software you got, then you should be able to configure any OS so that it'll be perfectly fine.

Got Win XP -> 0 Probs
    Got Win Vista -> 0 Probs
    Got Win 7 -> 0 Probs
    and even Got Win8 DP -> 0 Probs
    and got all LInux Distributions -> Yeah 0 Probs

wanna know why =?

Because I take my time optimizing all those systems so that they can surely run 100% perfect. It's not always done by just installing your OS and taking it as given right that any ridicolous application will run smoothly, because it'S nearly impossible to point out any possible conflict with Hard- and Software. So just figure it out, install it 3 times or more maybe who cares and then you got a system that's perfectly fine, nvm if its WIndows, Linux, Mac or even Smartphone OS's.

Yeah, pretty much exactly this. Although with Vista, it requires a bit more work than the others to keep it running smoothly. The only thing I haven't tried yet is Windows 8, and that's because I blew a power supply and had to take the one out of my testing system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Oh goody, exactly what this trainwreck game needs is a shiny new engine to pull the cars full of **** and garbage and bugs and bandits and... around for another few years.
  • CessiI - Dreamweaver
    CessiI - Dreamweaver Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    i know little, to nothing about computer stuff

but if an new engine is installed into the PW game, does this mean that the source codes are renewed, and that the new devs have more acces to it?
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Yay I can be bored in Arch with a new game engine under the hood.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Yay I can be bored in Arch with a new game engine under the hood.

maybe you wont DC from arch while being bored there now :O
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    For a moment I was hoping we would get Unreal Engine 3, cause they are using it for Raiderz, but after a brief thinking I realized it's just a nice dream. It would be too much of a work to do b:sad
  • _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I run WinME on my work laptop and belive me Win vista is like a dream compared to WinMe :-)
    {o,o} NERF RLY?
    |)__)
    -