Earn Money as a "normal" Barb (Solo)

Options
Dragono - Lost City
Dragono - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
Hey guys!
Im thinking of coming back to PWI after a little break and im still wondering the same thing:
Is there a way to get money as a Lvl 93 Barbarian without running HH/TT or other instances over and over again?
I play this game since closed Beta but I dont know any (good) way of earning money :/

My "ways" I know:
HH/TT <--- suck cause there are no random squads and fac dont want to run HH cause >>>I<<< only need money ^^
Cube of Fate: ~300K a day

So thats all I know atm... b:shocked

May someone have other Ideas?

Greetz
Dragono
I am from Germany and I am sorry if my English isn't very good b:surrender
Post edited by Dragono - Lost City on

Comments

• FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey guys!
    Im thinking of coming back to PWI after a little break and im still wondering the same thing:
    Is there a way to get money as a Lvl 93 Barbarian without running HH/TT or other instances over and over again?
    I play this game since closed Beta but I dont know any (good) way of earning money :/

My "ways" I know:
    HH/TT <--- suck cause there are no random squads and fac dont want to run HH cause >>>I<<< only need money ^^

Greetz
    Dragono

I stopped at the red part.
    You know, set aside the trolling, you should find a new game to play. If you played since close beta, without ever stopping, you should be multi multi billionaire now beside having +12 R9 fully sharded with whatever your heart desires.
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sure its called Visa and MasterCard.

Seriously though TT/Nirvana is your best bet to farm. Next option (if you have a squad you can run with) is Delta and Warsong. If you have a regular squad and do full (yes full warsong) you can turn out quite a bit of coin, but of course it's more MUCH more time consuming than TT or Nirvana.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Dragono - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I stopped at the red part.
    You know, set aside the trolling, you should find a new game to play. If you played since close beta, without ever stopping, you should be multi multi billionaire now beside having +12 R9 fully sharded with whatever your heart desires.

You know how long I play a day?
    You know what am I doing that time?

I dont play a game to Lvl from 1-105 in a month...
    I dont play the game to have the best EQ in a month...
    I can play this game another 3 years and I wont have had ICHIxKILLER-EQ or Kitamuri-EQ b:thanks
    >>> 2008-07-27 15:05:45 Date of register <<<
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey guys!

My "ways" I know:

Greetz
    Dragono

Cube of fate will give you around 400-500k if you sell the page of fate (sure u must deduct your do-alls, dice and possible room cost)

As for TT, you can now get fairy boxes in them, and can open 6 per day, each has 6 mirages. So you can solo any TT and get a easy 360k (even whitout any mats dropping).

If you have a alt on another account that is over 70 and the appropriate culti done, you can dual-log squad him, to help open tt back and make him pick the boxes and open them for you. Which right there u are looking at a 720k a day income.

Nirvana is out of the question, u are not even 100 yet. Delta will depend how good you are as a puller to know what wave you will reach.

Else at 93, like you are, the spiders lvl 89 near camp of the intrepid will have a good drop rate.

Heck, if you are bored, you can even stay at town of arrivals and answer all those "Paying 50k for someone to help open TT", some will even pay 100k for barb buffs.
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Cube is probably still your best bet for sustained money, but also try to get to 96. Certain weekly events give out a little chance-item called Verdant Jade (confusing, I know), which when opened can give you several different types of sellable goodies (including Do-All cards, lots of Mirages or even Ecstasy Cards, quite often actually). But you only get that item at 96 or higher (until then, you get a very much inferior version of it :< ).

In the meantime just continue to do Cube - on HT you can easily earn 500k per character per day doing that (provided the chars are 90+). Other little things you could try include the Snake Isle race (the badges you get from this can be sold), OHT daily quests (sell the Tears you get to catshops), or Dragon Temple (once you know where the chests are, your swimming mastery should get you out to a few of them to be looted before PKers arrive).

If all else fails, there's always merchanting. -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Can make money harvesting herbs from hell/heaven and selling off, still good money to be made there. AoE farming mobs with good drops would also work, now with some of the mid drop mats being bought for 11k and sold for 20K+.

If you're looking for the times of barb getting first pick of all TT drops, even if they don't need it or have a large repair bill, those days are thankfully long gone.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Dragono - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Cube of fate will give you around 400-500k if you sell the page of fate (sure u must deduct your do-alls, dice and possible room cost)

As for TT, you can now get fairy boxes in them, and can open 6 per day, each has 6 mirages. So you can solo any TT and get a easy 360k (even whitout any mats dropping).

If you have a alt on another account that is over 70 and the appropriate culti done, you can dual-log squad him, to help open tt back and make him pick the boxes and open them for you. Which right there u are looking at a 720k a day income.

Nirvana is out of the question, u are not even 100 yet. Delta will depend how good you are as a puller to know what wave you will reach.

Else at 93, like you are, the spiders lvl 89 near camp of the intrepid will have a good drop rate.

Heck, if you are bored, you can even stay at town of arrivals and answer all those "Paying 50k for someone to help open TT", some will even pay 100k for barb buffs.

I've heard about the new Boxes but do they dropp from normal monsters or only bosses?
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I've heard about the new Boxes but do they dropp from normal monsters or only bosses?

From bosses that would normally drop mirages, instead they drop those that contain 6 each. With buffs (cleric and maybe sin/bm) you should be able to solo all solo tt's, and solo some squad ones (after getting people to open it)
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Aremnese - Dreamweaver
    Aremnese - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    if you have the paitience you can easily farm mats and herbs and sell them or manufacture apothecary items and sell those. Since you are a barb you can easily make it through that task with the hell mats. As a 99 Barb its been easy to make a good profit from TT runs and has been for a while. Especially since you are a needed part of the squad... just keep agro and at the end you get first pick for every round of selections... meaning you can get the most expensive mat everytime. Another way to boost your profit is to go with 4 man squads. If you don't know which mats sell the best, then you can easily fix that. What you should do is take a walk around the TT forges in archo on your server and make a list of all the mats and their price ranges in the catshops so you can get the most expensive mats from each run and instead of logging off everyday just set up a catshop in the forges area and sell your mats at or around the prices you have on your list. Being a non-cashshopper may be difficult at first but once you have a system you can easily support a single character.
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Especially since you are a needed part of the squad

I almost thought this thread was a necro from 2009 or something when I read that...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tallain_ - Heavens Tear
    Tallain_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    if you have the paitience you can easily farm mats and herbs and sell them or manufacture apothecary items and sell those. Since you are a barb you can easily make it through that task with the hell mats. As a 99 Barb its been easy to make a good profit from TT runs and has been for a while. Especially since you are a needed part of the squad... just keep agro and at the end you get first pick for every round of selections... meaning you can get the most expensive mat everytime. Another way to boost your profit is to go with 4 man squads. If you don't know which mats sell the best, then you can easily fix that. What you should do is take a walk around the TT forges in archo on your server and make a list of all the mats and their price ranges in the catshops so you can get the most expensive mats from each run and instead of logging off everyday just set up a catshop in the forges area and sell your mats at or around the prices you have on your list. Being a non-cashshopper may be difficult at first but once you have a system you can easily support a single character.

Sorry but... no... 100k or LESS in repairs doesn't equal u get first pick of everything (maybe a extra mat or two to cover the repairs...) ..... mats are split, gold mats are sold and split. hell i just did a really LOW lvl full run FF on my 67 cleric the other night. only high lvl we had was the 98 faction barb helping. his gear BROKE LOL (i mean went to 0 not broke).... and that was still only 240k...

Course unless it's a run FOR mats....