Worth restatting for APS with nerf pending?

2»

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I don't think this change was ever implemented in the normal servers there.

Here is the 9/02 update to the "Experience Server" which I think is a kind of test server.
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/bulletin/20110901/61944.shtml
    This had the chi nerf.

Here is the 9/07 update patch
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/bulletin/20110906/62048.shtml
    Everything else is the same but the chi nerf was removed.

This is the same patch that includes:
    -R8 wrist and boots for all classes
    -R8 / R9 recasting
    -Faction base level cap raised to 30
    -Faction base 100-man pve raid instance (for recast mats)
    -Better BH100 rewards

We will know when we get this patch in early December.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I definitely hate it too.

I defiantly hate that also
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This is the same patch that includes:
    -R8 wrist and boots for all classes

Oooh, details?
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i was a sage barb for over a year and to be honest it had its ups and downs but mostly downs.I never worried about the aps people and aggro because i knew how to add genie amp and devour skills on the sparks,and if it got out of hand i knew when to take aggro when ever..hell and still do.But being a sage barb and basicly in a dumb cat mode half or more of that year,I rarely used spark..why use sage spark as a barb..you dont need it.I was bored of sage mode..

So being a demon BM(5.0) and a demon sin(3.33)and a demon archer(5.0base),i decided to complete my culti and switch to the demon version and use claw/striking dragons,demon buffs..etc.To me being as a demon barb i feel more versitile in what i do,DD and Tanking anything and still able to do it as a team player with HIGHER survival rate im like a saint in the squad..a guardian angel so to speak.Most who disagree on a fist barb are jealous..why be?why?Its nonsence.

i love using spark now,i love stand up mode now,i enjoy my barb ALOT more now,i have no worries in squads worried about a fist/claw barb,hell alot are glad for the fact i do have what i have...and i love the money income i bring in with it YEP I LOVE THE COIN!Going 3 months and not even buying any zen is a very good feeling...feels good to buy it with coins feels good to get all u can with coins earned!And thats what i have accomplished now days.

when im in catmode ill switch to vitgear to get me that extra hp to do whats needed..for example,rebirth.And what makes this funny is the only heavy part of armor i have on me is my chest lol....LA barb running full RB...what can i say..IM JUST COOL LIKE THAT WUT WUT!

they can nerf this all they want..we still got skills to spam,we got genies that give sparks,we have apoths as well....so there is always something to work around to still continue.

LONG LIVE the aps archer,bm,BARBS,sins..or anything else that wants to be it..whocares what others say and what nerf threatens this lovely design of the game.

p.s. uhh DEVs plz fix the demon bloodbath typo on the skill book to 300% accuracy and not crit(though i wouldnt mind 300%crit lol),because people are overcharging like 9-20mill on this false info on the book when the encyclopedia says 300%accuracyb:bye
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sorry to burst your bubble there but Archers were designed to umm... use a bow! BladeMasters were the first to acquire aps before the stabby fishies were even added to the game. Assass granted were tweaked a bit more to take advantage of speed kills but not specifically designed for it. If and when the nurf happens it will effect all classes capable of APS.

Im sorry to burst your buble but archers were the first to aquire aps, pre TB expansion/ani packs archers where basicly the only class that auto attacked any wepon but a axe/pole on a bm was rare, when the TB expansion/ani packs were introduced blademasters started to go aps.

Note: remember bows use aps? also archer is the only one of the original classes that could 5.0 pre TB/packs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    damn, i read a lot of **** things lol

- its not an aps nerf, its a chi nerf, means u can still be 5.0

- not everyone hate aps, there are a few wiz venos and clerics i know who are happy to run with 5 aps

- it if ever happens, and as oposite of what many ppl think, it will make the gap between average geared ppl and hax geared bigger. why? cause 3-4 ppl squad can kill HFable bosses in nirvana in 1 spark. just take 1 BM with demon HF, and 2-3 hax sins. and for the high HP bosses in TT, take 2 BMs demon HF, 3 hax Sins and veno with lvl 11 amp. u can chain 2 sparks with HF (sins have chi skills, and Bms can use cloud eruption and white teas) and im almost sure even armageddon would be dead in 2 sparks. those will still kill bosses fast, while "slow" ppl will have high chance to squad wipe due to the new boss skills.

- archer would be better to farm than bm? lol? b:shocked u know that bms, fists barbs and fist venos can be 5 aps without spark? :o

- 3 hours TT fun? am i the only one who remember the 3 hours TT3-3 with not even a green mat at the end? b:shutup

- sad to say, but barbs arent even needed in delta anymore...

- anyway, like Asterelle said, it was more than likely on a test server, and they removed the chi nerf 1 week after (doesnt even matter if its test or not, since it was removed)

thats all atm b:pleased

b:bye
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    **** aps. Drink some bleach or something to cure yourself of Endgame Fever, then play for fun. Do high-end instances for fun, instead of speeding through them so fast you don't even get to enjoy them. Or not, the choice is up to you. Just know that people like me, who play for fun, will never accept a Clarbarian or Clarcher into my squad. EVER.

Hey buddy! I play the way I want! If you don't play the way I want you to play, I kick you from squad! *Shakes fist*

5 APS barbs are fun as hell to play. I like it better than being a simple axe barb. It's pretty cool when I bust out my sword or pike and kill lvl 20 noobs in SP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Im sorry to burst your buble but archers were the first to aquire aps, pre TB expansion/ani packs archers where basicly the only class that auto attacked any wepon but a axe/pole on a bm was rare, when the TB expansion/ani packs were introduced blademasters started to go aps.

Note: remember bows use aps? also archer is the only one of the original classes that could 5.0 pre TB/packs

Joined July 2009? That's when core says you did your first quest so I doubt you would know about the hand full of blade masters that were aps on dreamweaver before you signed up. After packs were added more swapped out their axes for lunar claws of course.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Just know that people like me, who play for fun, will never accept a Clarbarian or Clarcher into my squad. EVER.
    And so, you are just as bad as the APS who won't take you on Nirvana or any other run.

Maybe if you're so set on your char builds, you should also exclude anything else that doesn't fit your idea of "normal" and "fun to play" like HA Venos, strength/DD barbs who aren't all vit/tank build, and so forth.
    Who the hell are you to tell me my Archer who can swap bow and claws isn't fun? Maybe when I aggro something and it runs up to my face melee I don't want want to stand there shooting it like an idiot at reduced damage, or kite the stupid thing all day.
    Maybe we should exclude Herc venos from everything because we could just jump to the cinclusion that they were heavily cashshopped, and can solo a lot of stuff anyway and its not fun.
    Quite the attitude you have.
    I've quite enjoyed my mixed build, and I hope you enjoy the game excluding people based on an ignorant assumption of their builds.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    **** aps. Drink some bleach or something to cure yourself of Endgame Fever, then play for fun. Do high-end instances for fun, instead of speeding through them so fast you don't even get to enjoy them. Or not, the choice is up to you. Just know that people like me, who play for fun, will never accept a Clarbarian or Clarcher into my squad. EVER.

Testosterone rage more you bigoted racist homophobe. b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Im sorry to burst your buble but archers were the first to aquire aps,

Not in regards to the current use of APS to mean high attack rate. Archers had a few items for -int, but usually talked more about crossbow vs. bow with slings viewed as a joke. They went for spike more back then with crits. Whereas there were the knowledgeable few BMs who had bracers of blood moon and were getting all the -int gear they could with the plan to go demon for demon spark fisting. So BMs were the first ones to focus on APS for fisting.

pre TB expansion/ani packs archers where basicly the only class that auto attacked any wepon but a axe/pole on a bm was rare, when the TB expansion/ani packs were introduced blademasters started to go aps.

Except they weren't going 5.0, and most archers were arguing that bow did more damage than fist. I know, because I was on the BM side proving fists were able to do more damage due to spark coverage even before reaching 5.0 APS. Even months after packs came out, the current 5.0 archers were advising newer archers not to go for fists, claiming it was weaker.

Corrected the misconceptions of your post, BMs were first. b:victory
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Testosterone rage more you bigoted racist homophobe. b:pleased

Sorry, but you aren't dripping with enough testosterone to handle me. Oh yes, did I mention I'm a man, and that I am bisexual?

Also, I withdraw my statement about NEVER taking a claw using archer or barb in a squad with me. Being a LA veno who enjoys switching between melee and magic, I have no problem with backup weapons or switching back and forth. I do have an issue with Clarbarians and Clarchers that use their aps and nothing else, not even buffs.

Also, if a cleric or wizard decided to go full battle cleric or full battle mage, I doubt any of you would likely take one into a squad. If they end up pulling their weight and being useful to the squad, what's the problem? Why should aps get some sort of special treatment?
  • doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    1. APS make instances not take 10 hours. I have a job and actaully work for a living.
    2.Any real character can smoke APS. Just take me on with my demon barb. Demon roar= ur *** being owned if ur aps.
    3. If you are playing for fun then u shouldnt care what we do to our characters otherwise your a hypocritical a hole. long live APS clerics,archers and barbs.
    4. If I want to play a game that no matter what i did forced me to work in a group and takes all day killin a boss i'd go to a different game.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    doods00 wrote: »
    3. If you are playing for fun then u shouldnt care what we do to our characters

+1 for truth. Except when it becomes a hindrance to the squad, then we have a problem.
  • xyxyxyxx
    xyxyxyxx Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Can you all shut the hell up about aps being terrible, aps being great, blah blah blah? It's ridiculous. Everyone who still plays this God forbidden game enjoys it in their own ways whether they be a veno with a herc slowly soloing TT, or a Claw-Barb/Claw-Archer who can run through an instance quickly so they don't have to do it for two hours, then go and do it again.
    We enjoy the game as we wish. Shut the **** up and deal with it. If you don't like characters that are aps, simply don't run with them. Nobody at all is forcing you to.

As for the OP, if you want to restat for aps, go for it. You may enjoy it more. Though if you don't enjoy it at all, seeing as we have a reset sale, I'd suggest buying extra reset notes in case you want to go back to whatever you truly are.

@OP part....This is the kind of opinions I was asking about. I agree with reset sale not out much if I decide to change back.

Thank you MistaBwanden for your opinion

Most of the other hype in this thread is not was I was asking about. b:chuckle
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    +1 for truth. Except when it becomes a hindrance to the squad, then we have a problem.

I was n0t aware a 5.0 archer 0r Barb was a hideranceb:bye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    I was n0t aware a 5.0 archer 0r Barb was a hideranceb:bye.

I was not aware that I stated that a 5.0 archer or barb was a hindrance. b:bye

Oh wait, that's right, I didn't.
    edited September 2011

But y0u did state y0ur hatred f0r --->Clawchers and Clawarbs<
    . Theref0re they are a hindrance t0 y0u in y0ur squads
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    But y0u did state y0ur hatred f0r --->Clawchers and Clawarbs<
    . Theref0re they are a hindrance t0 y0u in y0ur squads

Incorrect.

Nice straw man though.
    edited September 2011

b:surrender....I guess they ruin y0ur fun :S?

--G0ing t0 bed--
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited September 2011

No.....you blindly discriminated against them all. Reread your first post. You did do that. Then quickly backtracked.

Using your methodology, implying that you will NEVER take an archer or barb that uses claws as a mixed build, one might argue the same thing about an LA veno as they do not nuke as hard as a purely built AA. Thus hindering the 'true having fun players'.
    And I have a mixed build Veno and Archer. I thought I was having fun, but turns out according to you, I'm not b:embarrass
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    No.....you blindly discriminated against them all. Reread your first post. You did do that. Then quickly backtracked.

Using your methodology, implying that you will NEVER take an archer or barb that uses claws as a mixed build, one might argue the same thing about an LA veno as they do not nuke as hard as a purely built AA. Thus hindering the 'true having fun players'.
    And I have a mixed build Veno and Archer. I thought I was having fun, but turns out according to you, I'm not b:embarrass

I will not argue your points, I worded my first post horribly, and my reference to clarchers and clarbarians was far too generalized, I will not deny it. Hence why I withdrew my statement in an earlier post. As I said, I'm not against mixed builds, after all, I'm a LA veno myself, and I use a Gnome Saboteur as my main pet. I also have no problem with having backup weapons. As I stated before, my issue is with those who go fully claw aps builds, to the point where the only facet of their class they have left is their appearance. I'm talking never using their skills at all, except for the final spark burst(and perhaps Mo Tzu for pvp) and auto attacking with fists. Honestly, how is that a mixed build? Why not just make an actual sin, or an actual BM, instead? At least that way, you get the weapon masteries with the associated weapons. There is a difference, to me, between full aps claw users who just spark and auto attack, and never use any other skills, and those who use mixed builds and/or backup weapons.
    And I will state once more: I have yet to actually squad with a clarbarian or clarcher that had 4+ aps, so I can only go by my own personal experiences with those characters with less aps, no bp, and some of them were in the 90's. I am sure that I may have a higher expectation of them once I have squadded with more 4+ aps ones.

OP: Honestly, if you plan to try out an unorthodox build, I say go for it. I switched to LA veno at lvl 70, and I am glad I did. Even if the chi nerf comes, you may still like having an alternate style to play. Just please, please, remember to use your buffs, and at least learn your important skills for when the situation may call for them.