Worth restatting for APS with nerf pending?

xyxyxyxx
xyxyxyxx Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
Would you restat a toon of yours to go APS with the nerf possibly on its way? I'm just curious as I have a barb I've been thinking of going claw with since I've already go the gears for it on my BM but not sure its worth the it.

Thanks all for your replies :)
Post edited by xyxyxyxx on

Comments

• Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    **** aps. Drink some bleach or something to cure yourself of Endgame Fever, then play for fun. Do high-end instances for fun, instead of speeding through them so fast you don't even get to enjoy them. Or not, the choice is up to you. Just know that people like me, who play for fun, will never accept a Clarbarian or Clarcher into my squad. EVER.
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    we have no idea when the Nerf will be instituted (unless something has changed and I have been left in the dark?). As such changing one's play patterns at the current time would be a bit of a stab in the dark as you have no idea what the outcome will ultimately be.

What I would suggest is if you do restat for APS on either a Blademaster or a Barbarian, that you make sure to have spare Reset Notes in case at a later time you wish to restat again back to a more traditional non-APS build for either of them due to the nerfing of APS for those two classes.

That said, the way I understand it, Assassin and possibly Archer, due to both being designed specifically for using APS, will not be as hindered by the nerfing of APS as will Barbarian and Blademaster. So if you absolutely must be playing an APS class I highly suggest either Assassin or Archer after the nerf happens.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    **** aps. Drink some bleach or something to cure yourself of Endgame Fever, then play for fun. Do high-end instances for fun, instead of speeding through them so fast you don't even get to enjoy them. Or not, the choice is up to you. Just know that people like me, who play for fun, will never accept a Clarbarian or Clarcher into my squad. EVER.

+1 Have to defiantly agree with you there.
    the way I understand it, Assassin and possibly Archer, due to both being designed specifically for using APS, will not be as hindered by the nerfing of APS as will Barbarian and Blademaster. So if you absolutely must be playing an APS class I highly suggest either Assassin or Archer after the nerf happens.

Sorry to burst your bubble there but Archers were designed to umm... use a bow! BladeMasters were the first to acquire aps before the stabby fishies were even added to the game. Assass granted were tweaked a bit more to take advantage of speed kills but not specifically designed for it. If and when the nurf happens it will effect all classes capable of APS.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2011

What's the fun in a game that excludes you from end-game instance ?

Thats not taking in account FL, but still. You wont do **** at endgame.

It's not like there's much to do at endgame anyway...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Tagi_ - Dreamweaver
    Tagi_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Nerf? Great, I don't want to switch to 5 APS when I reach endgame but I still wanna tank. -_-

Honestly, it feels wrong and stupid to have barbs using claws. If we were meant to use claws, we'd have skills for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    What's the fun in a game that excludes you from end-game instance ?

Thats not taking in account FL, but still. You wont do **** at endgame.

It's not like there's much to do at endgame anyway...b:surrender

How is the game "excluding" me? I have friends that I do instances with. I'm working on my BM, which will be my main, and I mainly use Polearm weapons(I'm loving Glacial Spike) With what I plan to go with for endgame gear, I may only be able to attain 4 aps even with full gear bonuses(not counting genie skills of course) and you know what? I don't care. I want to spend hours doing an instance. I want to spent more than ten or twenty seconds on a boss. I don't want to do an instance "just to get it done". And I have friends already who share the same outlook. I once did an FC run, me, two other venomancers, and three mystics. Unfortunately, it was the fastest, easiest FC I have ever done, but I had fun, and it makes me think that such a run might be interesting and fun if done in, say, tt 3-x, or Lunar Glade. Sure, it may fail, but it's fun in trying.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    But we are ment to use claws shiny arrow pointing at weapon use.

i wonder why they understimated the almighty bowbarb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
    edited September 2011
    And if you go by whats on that page we can tame trees b:chuckle
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    How is the game "excluding" me? I have friends that I do instances with. I'm working on my BM, which will be my main, and I mainly use Polearm weapons(I'm loving Glacial Spike) With what I plan to go with for endgame gear, I may only be able to attain 4 aps even with full gear bonuses(not counting genie skills of course) and you know what? I don't care. I want to spend hours doing an instance. I want to spent more than ten or twenty seconds on a boss. I don't want to do an instance "just to get it done". And I have friends already who share the same outlook. I once did an FC run, me, two other venomancers, and three mystics. Unfortunately, it was the fastest, easiest FC I have ever done, but I had fun, and it makes me think that such a run might be interesting and fun if done in, say, tt 3-x, or Lunar Glade. Sure, it may fail, but it's fun in trying.

I feel the same way. :D I want to play a game and enjoy it. I dont care about the speed, the people who liked speed wont last in grinding MMORGs games(yes on game i played leveling toke 1month or even 3 months, not to mention farming as long as 3+ months but it was fun :3). I must say after pwi, leveling isnt that great and least when i do play my next game i wont feel impatient because i know if you can level fast the game will be broken like pwi.b:chuckle.

I am seeker too, so what if i can t do nirvana. 1 instance and paying 300mil or more for just a Mersey 3.33aps, even then still a bit of work to get squads and farm up for 4.0aps and then 5.0aps , so i cash in my credit card or spend months making a alt or toon that i find Franky boring, i got a level 84 blademaster but couldnt bring myself to train it to the end( i feel asleep on my keyboard during tt once, XD).

I think i will pass on sleep on my keyboards.
    b:sleepb:sleep

:) Anyways like you will i pick what i enjoy, if people want to speed through let them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    But we are ment to use claws shiny arrow pointing at weapon use.

i wonder why they understimated the almighty bowbarb

Amusing, those are all the weapons that a Blademaster can use. Then again, as stated above, according to that same info, us venomancers can tame tree mobs.
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Amusing, those are all the weapons that a Blademaster can use. Then again, as stated above, according to that same info, us venomancers can tame tree mobs.

and venoes can use mystic rank9 b:shocked
    edited September 2011
    I know right those description pages are all messed up. lol like the all classes but EG listing on a lot of weapons since the warriors from the crack of the earth have arrived.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011

Well, for the ones (like me) who leveled the old way pre90s, its kinda sick to get back to 2h TTs and such.

Cuz, u know what? I've already been there.

And if im at endgame, i wanna stretch every possibility to get things done quickly cuz again, i've been there. And im sick of it.

You want challenge ? Go solo something or join a random TM lunar mode...

You want fun ? Join FC hoes 90+ FC runs, and get a good laugh out of it...

Maybe excluding is a big word, but IMO the game get boring at endgame for the lack of content, and pvp in a pve server is kinda meh.

I will never regret the choice i made by switching to claws as a barb.

With min refine(+5 atm) i can still survive every PVE aspect of the game. I cant tank Harpy probably, but i can do every other thing the game make me face as a claw barb.

Once again, switching to claws wont give away any of ur barb skill neither will with your own skills as gamer. It will just make game more interesting and fun 2 play.

For what concern about the nerf I dont see it as a bad thing. It will just prevent normal geared highAPS ppl to farm intere TT chapters, or at least make it more difficult.

Who cry about this change is just a QQer, but you know how the community is...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>RETIRED<
  • Biatch_ - Harshlands
    Biatch_ - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    time =money
    so good luck with farming instances without APSb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanx Jean for the siggib:kiss
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    time =money

In who's opinion? In your opinion?

Sorry, but this is suppose to be a game, not a job, so I have to disagree with your opinion. I play pwi to kill time, to have fun, so I find ways to enjoy myself. Otherwise I'd go do something else. I play the game, it doesn't play me.
  • Biatch_ - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    In who's opinion? In your opinion?

Sorry, but this is suppose to be a game, not a job, so I have to disagree with your opinion. I play pwi to kill time, to have fun, so I find ways to enjoy myself. Otherwise I'd go do something else. I play the game, it doesn't play me.

well thats you some ppl want better gear etc not just for the fun of it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    hehe i cant wait to make farmer have a bit of a head ache and to those saying more will just revert to a assasin who are ALRedy over populated why the fishies i dont think ill see more then i see now cos fishies will still we dominating in sheer numbers but bm will have to start using axe OMG b:shocked and this will we fun part
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    well thats you some ppl want better gear etc not just for the fun of it...

Why play a game if not for fun, leisure, and enjoyment? Isn't that the entire purpose of playing a game? And where did I once say I didn't want better gear? Where did I once say that I don't have goals in this game? I obviously have goals, and I already have my endgame gear planned out. Difference is, I will enjoy the game all the way to my last piece of fully sharded +12 gear. I actually have a full set of TT80 Gold LA in my Account Stash, fully sharded with Flawless and all +2-4. I currently am geared with TT90 Gold LA, also fully sharded with Flawless and all +2-4. I also am using the lvl 90 Attendance Might Ring. And you know what? It wasn't hard work at all. I farmed the mats while enjoying doing tt with friends, and sometimes with random people. I farmed coin for the GBA's and a few of the gold mats while doing random stuff with friends and soloing BH's for people. I'll get to the End of the Road eventually, so I figure, why not enjoy the ride?

Not saying your opinion is any less valid than mine. I just hate to see how many people have turned a game into a job. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, after all.
  • Biatch_ - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Why play a game if not for fun, leisure, and enjoyment? Isn't that the entire purpose of playing a game? And where did I once say I didn't want better gear? Where did I once say that I don't have goals in this game? I obviously have goals, and I already have my endgame gear planned out. Difference is, I will enjoy the game all the way to my last piece of fully sharded +12 gear. I actually have a full set of TT80 Gold LA in my Account Stash, fully sharded with Flawless and all +2-4. I currently am geared with TT90 Gold LA, also fully sharded with Flawless and all +2-4. I also am using the lvl 90 Attendance Might Ring. And you know what? It wasn't hard work at all. I farmed the mats while enjoying doing tt with friends, and sometimes with random people. I farmed coin for the GBA's and a few of the gold mats while doing random stuff with friends and soloing BH's for people. I'll get to the End of the Road eventually, so I figure, why not enjoy the ride?

Not saying your opinion is any less valid than mine. I just hate to see how many people have turned a game into a job. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, after all.

who said making money wasnt fun....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Can you all shut the hell up about aps being terrible, aps being great, blah blah blah? It's ridiculous. Everyone who still plays this God forbidden game enjoys it in their own ways whether they be a veno with a herc slowly soloing TT, or a Claw-Barb/Claw-Archer who can run through an instance quickly so they don't have to do it for two hours, then go and do it again.
    We enjoy the game as we wish. Shut the **** up and deal with it. If you don't like characters that are aps, simply don't run with them. Nobody at all is forcing you to.

As for the OP, if you want to restat for aps, go for it. You may enjoy it more. Though if you don't enjoy it at all, seeing as we have a reset sale, I'd suggest buying extra reset notes in case you want to go back to whatever you truly are.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    who said making money wasnt fun....

I never said it wasn't. I have a friend ingame who doesn't even actually play his characters; he merchants, and nothing more. But he enjoys spending his time merchanting, he has fun doing it. He doesn't do it "just to get it done" as many in this game do he does it because, for some reason I personally don't get, he enjoys doing it.
    What's the point in getting to endgame, if you don't enjoy getting there? And what's the point in getting to endgame, if you are just going to be sick and tired and bored of the game by that point?

That's the best thing about walking, the journey itself. It doesn't matter much whether you get where you're going or not. You'll get there anyway. Every good hike brings you eventually back home.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Can you all shut the hell up about aps being terrible, aps being great, blah blah blah? It's ridiculous. Everyone who still plays this God forbidden game enjoys it in their own ways whether they be a veno with a herc slowly soloing TT, or a Claw-Barb/Claw-Archer who can run through an instance quickly so they don't have to do it for two hours, then go and do it again.
    We enjoy the game as we wish. Shut the **** up and deal with it. If you don't like characters that are aps, simply don't run with them. Nobody at all is forcing you to.

Or to put it more simply, to each his own. Do what works for you.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011

Some ppl might get this game too seriously, but i dont.

What i think ppl want from games (beside fun) is achieve things. In general.

achieve levels
    achieve new skills
    achieve new maps
    achieve new gear

and so on...

And ppl also like competivity. There might be ppl that is not lucid on their carrer on a game and set their goal to unachieable levels, like competing in pvp with good gear against +12 r9, but thats another story.

And as someone have said already, ppl play for fun. But everyone has a different view of what is fun.

EDIT :
    What's the point in getting to endgame, if you don't enjoy getting there? And what's the point in getting to endgame, if you are just going to be sick and tired and bored of the game by that point?

Playing a game for 3year or so (almost)everyday, might get boring at some point. Its all personal feeling again, but it will come sooner or later.

What's the point u ask ?

I did walk and enjoyed my trip, but im almost home now. I have a nice bag full of memories and good times, that's what will remain. But im about to open a new door that's not my house's. It's my car's, cuz i dont like staying still in one point at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>RETIRED<
  • BaseTheAcE - Sanctuary
    BaseTheAcE - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    xyxyxyxx wrote: »
    Would you restat a toon of yours to go APS with the nerf possibly on its way? I'm just curious as I have a barb I've been thinking of going claw with since I've already go the gears for it on my BM but not sure its worth the it.

Thanks all for your replies :)

Whats the points of restatting the Barb? Is there any reason you want it to be Fist / Claw?
    So the Answer on your question is easy. If u need a Fist Barb go ahead else theres not realy a use of it imo. If u ever need to help smb, tank barb in delta helps more than clawbarbs :D and I like 1hit Mobs with Armageddon ;P;P
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited September 2011

love this. it's too true. i can't remember the last time i went through a TT run with non-aps people. I actually don't even go anymore because it's not fun to rush through everything. I like the 3 hour long TTs and FCs and the hour long BHs... I really hope 5aps gets nerfed. It literally killed the game and made everyone rush to endgame so they can speed through every instance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Just know that people like me, who play for fun, will never accept a Clarbarian or Clarcher into my squad. EVER.

I play for fun. I have never hypered a single char because I enjoy playing the game. So why is it a big deal if my archer has fists? She doesn't use them as her primary weapon because I <3 bows, but they come in very helpful. People telling me please don't steal aggro on this boss? I switch to fists after STA and don't spark unless there is a 5APS tanking. I doubt I could solo the bosses in TT 3-1 without fists unless I used a hell of a lot of crabmeat... with fists I can just use a couple of divine quest pots. I only use them for bosses, and only the bosses I really need them on, since I still prefer my bow. I'm not 5APS because I don't care, but I am 4 with fists mostly without trying ( demon archer at 100 is too easy for that). I like the speed it gives me with the bow.

This is why the APS "don't get chi while sparked" thing doesn't really bother me. I prefer instances like Nirvana with friends and *not* to take two minutes because I actually run them for fun and super fast is boring. I have actually never run a fast run, and never will since I don't go with randoms. Same goes for any instance.

But if you wouldn't take someone like me in your squad just because of my backup weapon choice, you are someone I would never want to squad with anyway. You just have to get off your high horse and realize that you are not the only one that plays the game for fun, and not everyone has to play the game the way you see fit to have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have a friend ingame who doesn't even actually play his characters; he merchants, and nothing more. But he enjoys spending his time merchanting, he has fun doing it. He doesn't do it "just to get it done" as many in this game do he does it because, for some reason I personally don't get, he enjoys doing it.

I prefer to merchant as well. To me, that is far more enjoyable than farming instances for mats. I despise farming instances for mats. That's when everyone's greedy side tends to show itself and (to me) makes it not fun. The only times I've run TT was when I needed it for a quest or to help someone else with theirs. When it comes to splitting drops up I always just say to give me my fair share and that I don't care what mats I actually walk out with. Hell, I'm sure most of the time I get less than what would be fair, but I don't care, because I wasn't going in there for mats in the first place.

Personally I find the most fun in trying to always kill bosses faster than I have before. I find it to be particularly gratifying when my kill speed increases while my gear hasn't gotten any upgrades. But, as was pointed out earlier, "fun" means different things to different people.

@OP: If you want to try it out, go for it. The worst thing that can happen is you end up not liking it and going back to your old stats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    All I have learned fr0m reading this thread is that ven0's QQ rage ab0ut nearly everything.

"0mg y0ur n0t playing the game my way!?! *b00ts fr0m squad*"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    +1 Have to defiantly agree with you there.

I definitely hate it when people mix up defiantly and definitely.
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I definitely hate it when people mix up defiantly and definitely.

I definitely hate it too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os