What's 'hot' about orb sale, They have been WAY cheaper, so i'll pass

Options
2»

Comments

• Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ok now.. there is limits of what i pay for extra hp.. / a dam orb..

50 USD for one +10 orb is way too much, I did not charge for it when it was orginally this price, neither will i do now. I did when it was 20 gold, cos thats more realistic.. its a dam pixel orb..

now ofc i could afford and most other who cs too, but we'r not dumb enough pay over double of last months price.

how this can give them more money in long run, i dont know.. as ppl will quit when they set prices too high.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Let me get this strait- Most of the current cash shopers an hard core players are running around in +10 an up armors/weapons and now you want to damn near triple the price for new players.

Fu pwi

Don't worry it wil be cheaper to buy in game once a few get duped
  • AgentPotato - Archosaur
    AgentPotato - Archosaur Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i think a gradual price increase would have served better then this

add 10% to the price this time... next month, add another 10% ect until you bring it up to where you want it to me

the shock of "sale" prices being 150% higher then the last sale price will turn most people off from buying anything

Which lowers gold prices, which is what the player base really wants anyways. Time will tell, but I think if they can continue to keep prices up like this, it will be an improvement.
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Great economics-mass amounts of super op characters able to farm mass amount of coins means gold price has nowhere to go but up when there becomes less gold getting bought.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Gather a large group of f2p and a few p2p -> convert most of f2p to p2p with further sales -> notice f2p that didn't convert quit along with p2p bored and quit -> start to revert gold prices to gather a large group of f2p and a few p2p -> repeat
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    aint gonna work now, things went too far already.
    That works when you're trying to rotate player base. That's good when you actually make a lot of the economy controlling players leave. That didn't happen and won't happen with PWI. Ppl that abused glitches smartly have billions and billions they could use to mess up any kind of recovery planned by PWI.
    If you guys want more details look on the history of how PW-MY died. Really, can tell a lot about how PWE "manages" stuff, and really, with the likes of frankie as GMs I don't really have any hope for PWI. They will keep the servers opened as long as cash flows. When cash shoppers will realize no matter how much they charge they won't catch up with the scammers the game will shut down.
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Only way this game is getting fixed is if most of the players stop spending cash on it and the Chinese sell the game to someone that knows how to run one.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Only way this game is getting fixed is if most of the players stop spending cash on it and the Chinese sell the game to someone that knows how to run one.

b:laugh This
    I <3 A lot of people
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b:laugh This

That

+ Revert the plan to original P2P PW with complete map, items, quest, original max lv.

(does not mean it must be a p2p server)

Note: The original P2P plan are never released since it never finished, but the unfinished version P2P server exist before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    People will start out complaining, like now, but given a period of time at this price, they'll cave in. They always do b:bye
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The People in full R9 or Full +12 will now laugh so hard about the rest of the crowd who will never catch up and well serve as cannon fooder or amusement victims in tw or pvp general.

From their perspective pwi is doing an awesome job right now. From the other side of the mirror i smell frustration. b:shocked
    I hate Room 38
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The People in full R9 or Full +12 will now laugh so hard about the rest of the crowd who will never catch up and well serve as cannon fooder or amusement victims in tw or pvp general.

From their perspective pwi is doing an awesome job right now. From the other side of the mirror i smell frustration. b:shocked

I do find it hilarious that I paid 50g essentially for +12 orbs and now +10 orbs appear for the same price.

However, I feel bad for people who want to advance their characters (which is the motivating factor for most people who CS or farm or merch) who know are overwhelmed by PWE's crackheaded bipolar Economics.
  • BaybBeeDoll - Heavens Tear
    BaybBeeDoll - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Which lowers gold prices, which is what the player base really wants anyways. Time will tell, but I think if they can continue to keep prices up like this, it will be an improvement.

I predict less people putting a nickle into the game at these higher prices. Less gold in game means higher gold prices.

Of course, if people just give up on buying anything from the cash shop at all, maybe demand for gold will drop just as much.

So 100k gold, but 4 people logged into the server playing the game. And 40,000 cat shops.

Nice improvement.
  • memworld
    memworld Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    As a cs who has been here for less than a year (9 months now), I have to disagree with those who truly believe that many of us newer folks are going to pay the higher prices.

Being on the high side of the 90's right now for two toons, I had planned to take advantage of the next wave rep/refining sales, in preparation for my r8 gear. Now, for me anyway, I have a spending budget in mind. I don't plan on deviating from that budget much. If PWI turns out to be more expensive for me to play than a regular P2P, then it needs to justify that cost with it's gameplay.

As of right now, I'm sorry to deride the game, but let's face facts here. The game does not really justify a higher cost.
    1) The game has little high level content in the form of quest lines. Level and gear progression is limited to grinding the same instances over and over.
    2) The pvp mechanics are driven toward only a few factions with enough uber levels to have a realistic chance of both claiming and holding territories for any extended period of time.

Honestly, I'm in a faction with no hope of ever competing in a TW. I have enjoyed using my ability to cash shop to help drive my faction mates towards their leveling goals. However, now with the no realistic means of acquiring my target gear in a reasonable time, I as well as many people in my situation are left asking one question.

Why are we going to continue playing this game if we have no reasonable way of catching those who are ahead of us?
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    memworld wrote: »
    Why are we going to continue playing this game if we have no reasonable way of catching those who are ahead of us?

Well, basically it has been like this since the release of the anniversary packs 2 years ago. So no, not only new players have this problem. Everyone that has not cash shopped their R9 +12 gear are asking the same thing.

The answer is simple, there will always be someone better than you.

What you can do, is simply set your goals, if you want the best gear ingame to kill everything, it's gonna take you a lot of time or a lot of money.

If your goal is to reach 100 by not using hypers, then do so, its for free :)
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Exactly. I would fire all GM employes, because they failure in MANY,MANY way in this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nekhebet - Heavens Tear
    Nekhebet - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    it's just a game people ...anyone is free to leave or stay and continue to charge..or farm nirvana 24/7 or TT or w/e u guys farm now.

Every time PWE made a move like this u see a small amount of players that come and QQ.
    After a couple of week's same people get tired and just continue playing.
    No one forced u to charge....if u have goals in a game cu can achieve them even without charging...ofc it will take time ...but most of u chose to charge to make it easyer.

uuuu u complain that u can't buy dragon orbs for 20 dollars anymore well we complained that after loosing 3 months of farming 3-3 to get our 99 gear they introduced the packs...did they change anything...NO they just gave us more and more packs.

PWE has a good marketing team cause they realized no metter the sht they do there will always be someone there whit a big EGO to charge to be better then the guy that one shot him 2 minutes ago.

This game will die the day PW will be played by people who don't like to be used as a door mat. And it's going to be a long time till that day comes. So either stay and enjoy the ride or find other games to play. But pls stop giving PWE advice on how to run a game they have already made allot of money out of it so they must be doing something right.

Have a nice day and enjoy the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just another veno!!!
  • oralungo
    oralungo Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    my refine gear is suck.. but idc.. im online for chating now.. yay.. friend is better than any gear in this game...
    edited September 2011
    Options
    it's just a game people ...anyone is free to leave or stay and continue to charge..or farm nirvana 24/7 or TT or w/e u guys farm now.

Every time PWE made a move like this u see a small amount of players that come and QQ.
    After a couple of week's same people get tired and just continue playing.
    No one forced u to charge....if u have goals in a game cu can achieve them even without charging...ofc it will take time ...but most of u chose to charge to make it easyer.

uuuu u complain that u can't buy dragon orbs for 20 dollars anymore well we complained that after loosing 3 months of farming 3-3 to get our 99 gear they introduced the packs...did they change anything...NO they just gave us more and more packs.

PWE has a good marketing team cause they realized no metter the sht they do there will always be someone there whit a big EGO to charge to be better then the guy that one shot him 2 minutes ago.

This game will die the day PW will be played by people who don't like to be used as a door mat. And it's going to be a long time till that day comes. So either stay and enjoy the ride or find other games to play. But pls stop giving PWE advice on how to run a game they have already made allot of money out of it so they must be doing something right.

Have a nice day and enjoy the game.
    The problem is not +10 orb for 20 bucks. The PROBLEM is, that we don't have same opportunity to buy it, as other did. Same with reputation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The problem is not +10 orb for 20 bucks. The PROBLEM is, that we don't have same opportunity to buy it, as other did. Same with reputation.
    ikr
    they should make a predetermined date or something for the rest of us to buy it cheap as it was before (+11+12 anyone?) b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Nekhebet - Heavens Tear
    Nekhebet - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

you will have that opportunity soon enough.....didn't u guys learn that once they see profit is going down they will bring something to fix that problem?

Their marketing decisions depend totally on how their games will do once "THE BIG ONES" will be released by the other company's. U know the games we are not allowed to mention here.

Once those games come out u people will have lvl 10 and anything u want coming out u'r.... because that is the only way to keep u here. So just have a little patience play the game...have fun...do stuff whit u'r friends(cause i am sure most of u are here cause of them)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just another veno!!!
    edited September 2011
    Options
    you will have that opportunity soon enough.....didn't u guys learn that once they see profit is going down they will bring something to fix that problem?

Their marketing decisions depend totally on how their games will do once "THE BIG ONES" will be released by the other company's. U know the games we are not allowed to mention here.

Once those games come out u people will have lvl 10 and anything u want coming out u'r.... because that is the only way to keep u here. So just have a little patience play the game...have fun...do stuff whit u'r friends(cause i am sure most of u are here cause of them)

I hope so. Actually I'm waiting for rep. sale. Till now I was saving money and it took forever. :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]