What's 'hot' about orb sale, They have been WAY cheaper, so i'll pass

Options
tidesuxbadly
tidesuxbadly Posts: 39 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
orb 1 has been as low as 5 silver each, how is it hot and attractive at 20 silver each now? Same with or +10 , has been as low as 20gold each now at 50 gold how is that even close to attractive?
Post edited by tidesuxbadly on

Comments

• Magna - Harshlands
    Magna - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Remember, PWE is cutting back on cash-shop sales and significance (probably at PW China's request) in order to extend the lifespan of its games.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It took them 2 years to realize that keep lowering the price of item (side affect may include devalue of coins, raging player base, take twice a day not with alcohol), are hurting their potential profit by shortening the life of the game. Now they are doing these "sales" to reset the player base standard and expectation on the prices of these items. A desperate attempt of rewinding the clock if you will.

So... anyone still got link to that post about controlling gold prices? Only took them how long to start trying it? And not for the reason of pleasing the players of course.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Fewer playerbase = less income

combined with-

characters ability to solo farm entire endgame content = less need to charge for boutique items.

Their solution: increase boutique item prices = even less income. Because more expensive items in boutique isn't going to encourage people to stay, or come to this game for that matter....and well the farmable classes will still be able to farm.

Seems their people don't think.
    re
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Their solution: increase boutique item prices = even less income. Because more expensive items in boutique isn't going to encourage people to stay, or come to this game for that matter....and well the farmable classes will still be able to farm.

Surprising,isn't?
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Bottom line is that it is a bull**** sale an there is no way in hell that I'm gonna charge my credit card to buy something for 50$ that I use to be able to buy for 20$.
  • tidesuxbadly
    tidesuxbadly Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Bottom line is that it is a bull**** sale an there is no way in hell that I'm gonna charge my credit card to buy something for 50$ that I use to be able to buy for 20$.
    F you pwi

Yes, thats what i mean, no fking way and good luck trying to make money like that b:bye
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Same here,I wonder how they except that raising the prices of things will extend their game's lifespan.
    Fail logic is fail.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    cats out of the bag already

no one will buy at these prices, because we are used to much lower ones

its to late now to raise the prices, when you already set the expectations that low
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's all the same to people who don't pay real money.

Gold would have to fall enough for people to buy at these prices, and that takes time.

edit: LMAO Wildlife packs still at 18 gold for 50!
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No one is gonna buy something for $50 that they paid $20 for in the past. PWI is hurting themselves with this sale. I think there will be 1 out of 10 idiots that will buy this orb for $50. sssh dont tell anyone, buy your $50 orb now so you can buy it again next week for $20b:cute
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It took them 2 years to realize that keep lowering the price of item (side affect may include devalue of coins, raging player base, take twice a day not with alcohol), are hurting their potential profit by shortening the life of the game. Now they are doing these "sales" to reset the player base standard and expectation on the prices of these items. A desperate attempt of rewinding the clock if you will.

So... anyone still got link to that post about controlling gold prices? Only took them how long to start trying it? And not for the reason of pleasing the players of course.

That's the thing it did help them for all this time, but NOW it's starting to hurt them so they are changing.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No one is gonna buy something for $50 that they paid $20 for in the past. PWI is hurting themselves with this sale. I think there will be 1 out of 10 idiots that will buy this orb for $50. sssh dont tell anyone, buy your $50 orb now so you can buy it again next week for $20b:cute
    Implying that they will ever be back for $20.
    That's the thing it did help them for all this time, but NOW it's starting to hurt them so they are changing.

Get $1000 a year for 10 years or get $2000 a year for 3 years, they picked the latter. Wait... according to time value of money, the latter one might actually be a better deal depending on your rate of return for your current money if put into another investment... b:surrender
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Fewer playerbase = less income

combined with-

characters ability to solo farm entire endgame content = less need to charge for boutique items.

Maybe you'll do well not to buy your way through everything in this game. God forbid the game is actually worth something for people that chose to farm and play. Seems you're the one that doesn't think. Then again, maybe you haven't figured out why Archosaur is so...empty.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Maybe you'll do well not to buy your way through everything in this game. God forbid the game is actually worth something for people that chose to farm and play. Seems you're the one that doesn't think. Then again, maybe you haven't figured out why Archosaur is so...empty.

Maybe you should "think" about what farming i'm talking about, before spewing asinine assumptions.
    re
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Implying that they will ever be back for $20.

Get $1000 a year for 10 years or get $2000 a year for 3 years, they picked the latter. Wait... according to time value of money, the latter one might actually be a better deal depending on your rate of return for your current money if put into another investment... b:surrender

Obviously you take the latter because who knows if the game really was going to last this long?
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • RichCyphr - Heavens Tear
    RichCyphr - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lowering the prices ONCE and then rebounding to the normal "not so great sale" price is one thing... but consistently selling something for a low price and then jacking it back up because you realized you made a dumb move is in an of itself... a dumb move. If nothing else, go from 20 gold for a 10* to 30 or something, not back to 50! They'll get money from some dumb desperate people, and from kids who just use their parents money so they don't care.

My goodness, someone hire a marketing major!
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Maybe you should "think" about what farming i'm talking about, before spewing asinine assumptions.

Started on cheap everything, your server is much more empty than mine. I think you might actually be correct if your server...you know...wasn't so empty.

Nothing wrong with solo farming as long as people ARE actively playing. How many people, regardless of class, get their endgame gear and AFK during non-2x? Or do you actually have no idea? The less people actively playing, the worse the state of the game is. There would be more farming in general if gold went down, solo or otherwise.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Started on cheap everything, your server is much more empty than mine. I think you might actually be correct if your server...you know...wasn't so empty.

Nothing wrong with solo farming as long as people ARE actively playing. How many people, regardless of class, get their endgame gear and AFK during non-2x? Or do you actually have no idea? The less people actively playing, the worse the state of the game is. There would be more farming in general if gold went down, solo or otherwise.

Do you enjoy the idea of arch server lacking playerbase or somthing? Wth does that have to do with business decissions?

Problem is, they are selling steaks at double the previous price, after flooding the restaurant with cows for a select few people to cut thier own steak from... read that ten times, and see if you can figure it out.
    re
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What it simply proves is that no one wants to play a game where it's only worth charging.

It's true that no one will BUY items that are higher priced in gold, instead they will presumably PLAY the game, which would in turn be better for the game in the long run. How hard is that to figure out? Maybe this just means you're supposed to stop charging for refines and packs and just play the game?

There will always be reasons to charge. Fashion, mounts, charms etc. like the game was when gold wasn't absurdly high. I can say many servers were more populated back then as well.
  • AsphyxiA_XT - Harshlands
    AsphyxiA_XT - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Money hungry much? I'll be very surprised if ANYONE buys these 10 star orbs for $50. You'll lose your player base faster by over pricing stuff like that than you will by doing the 5 oceans for $100. If you put THAT sale back, maybe I'll be tempted to cash shop a little bit. But $50 for ONE ocean orb? No thanks, I won't even consider cash shopping again if they want to be greedy like that. I came to this server from pw-my partially because it was cheaper to play here, now they're going right to being greedy like pw-my was.

Good job PWI, keep on making people leave your servers.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ok apparently im chattering with brainless b:surrender

Point is, they are not doing this to save the "life" of the game, they are doing it to extend the income. Problem is, (as my previous point shown) the sales, or lack of, had NOTHING to do with the prices. The problem was, that the content versus the power of the playerbase in no way mitigated the need to CS. So basically the problem actually lie within the things people been QQing about for many prior months.

OP players against endgame content with valuable coin making profit....get it? 3 min nirvanas? soloing group mode TTs? Gold echange at HIGH volumes etc etc

How many f2p r9+12s you know? I know ALOT- f2p = no income for PW and a 47mil drop = a panic, and they think pigeon toeing people to pay more will get that margin back up. Problem is, it won't know why? The same OP playerbase versus content still exist. And since cash from pocket will be 2-3 times more to purchase endgame gear, they just helped those that are already full from the luxuries of PWIs mistakes flourish more.
    re
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Go play a private server, I heard Ocean orbs are cheap there. thxbai b:bye.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i think a gradual price increase would have served better then this

add 10% to the price this time... next month, add another 10% ect until you bring it up to where you want it to me

the shock of "sale" prices being 150% higher then the last sale price will turn most people off from buying anything
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ok apparently im chattering with brainless b:surrender

Point is, they are not doing this to save the "life" of the game, they are doing it to extend the income. Problem is, (as my previous point shown) the sales, or lack of, had NOTHING to do with the prices. The problem was, that the content versus the power of the playerbase in no way mitigated the need to CS. So basically the problem actually lie within the things people been QQing about for many prior months.

OP players against endgame content with valuable coin making profit....get it? 3 min nirvanas? soloing group mode TTs? Gold echange at HIGH volumes etc etc

How many f2p r9+12s you know? I know ALOT- f2p = no income for PW and a 47mil drop = a panic, and they think pigeon toeing people to pay more will get that margin back up. Problem is, it won't know why? The same OP playerbase versus content still exist. And since cash from pocket will be 2-3 times more to purchase endgame gear, they just helped those that are already full from the luxuries of PWIs mistakes flourish more.

You've all had your damn chances to keep the game afloat with cheap items, and where has that gotten us? The game has suddenly decided that it needs to attempt to extend its life. Maybe the game will die faster because of this, maybe not, but we can at least agree that the game was dying before. SO why are you complaining? That it's not worth as much to charge on a dying game now?

Didn't know R9+12 cost no gold. Someone had to charge for the F2P R9+12. Hell someone charged for my F2P R9. lols.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Didn't know R9+12 cost no gold. Someone had to charge for the F2P R9+12. Hell someone charged for my F2P R9. lols.

mhm... Now you validated the point... Gold prices flop to your ideal price so you can easily farm more. Because well, there is no content to mitigate effort of needs right? And the gold buyer gets **** for their buck means less incentive to buy = less over all income.
    re
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You still don't get it lols. Less charging from each individual player + more players in general makes longer lasting game. Like I said before, there will always be reasons to charge, just not for R9+12 and packs. How was the game like before there were packs and ridiculous cuts on D orbs? Do you even know?
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    How was the game like before there were packs and ridiculous cuts on D orbs? Do you even know?

Personally I barely remember the time before the introduction of packs! b:laugh

I started playing in June 2009 and by August / September was the introduction of the infamous Anniversary pack. The rest is history!

100k Gold in AH... b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You still don't get it lols. Less charging from each individual player + more players in general means more charging altogether. Like I said before, there will always be reasons to charge, just not for R9+12 and packs. How was the game like before there were packs? Do you even know?

brick walls are easier to talk to.

ALOT less people will spend the 50 bucks for one lousy orb when they think they can farm it (which in theory they can considering the amount of people that already induldged in low prices, and made OP chars - Ofcourse YOU wrapped in your own little world will see that someone did in fact buy a orb that you can now farm to buy, but that does not mean that potentially 1000 times that many didn't sell because of the jacked prices.

So Now you have THOUSANDS of farmable characters that are gonna stop payment, and devote to farming well, because they can, before paying the increased amount. Which means less profit margin next quarterlly...

Look at the BIGGER picture, rather than the fashion show. They didn't make the changes so you can haz moar funz affording tiggehs'
    re
    edited September 2011
    Options
    how would you farm a +10 orb

unless i am missing something, you can only get that in the cash shop

someone is going to have to buy it from the cash shop , if you want to farm the coin to get it
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    Options
    how would you farm a +10 orb

unless i am missing something, you can only get that in the cash shop

someone is going to have to buy it from the cash shop , if you want to farm the coin to get it

Farm, then coin exchange to gold, buy orb.... Yea ofcourse there will be gold, and somone purchased it... never said there wouldn't. but when you are talking about end profit margins, the numbers will change, somthing you may never see while just doing your day to day living.

Point is, the whole change was because of a drop in margin...not to bring longer lasting fun. But they going about it by jacking up the prices, which may have worked in the older PWI... But most people in the game now have the means to farm, before paying. All because PWI already flooded the game with affordable assests. So the over all reprocussions are, less spending more exchange. But what you won't see with your own eyes, is the numbers of actual deficit.
    re