Seeker or Assassin?

runkkari69
runkkari69 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
so, witch one is better to play with, Seeker or Assassin??
Post edited by runkkari69 on

Comments

• HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Assassin.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    define "better"
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    everyone hates assasins and seekers are useless

assasins are probably better in any way
    but seekers would be more fun?
    i like potato
  • snootier
    snootier Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Assassins are lame.
  • CessiI - Dreamweaver
    CessiI - Dreamweaver Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sins are OP, lame, and easy to play
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    everyone hates assasins and seekers are useless

assasins are probably better in any way
    but seekers would be more fun?

Interesting theory considering the continuous WC on HL to the effect 'need seeker for fc"
  • KolaKnight - Sanctuary
    KolaKnight - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Figured i would add my 2 cents so to speak,

Assassin

Pros:

High critical hit chance
    Tied with archer for fastest running speed
    Very quick stealth skills
    Fast attacks
    Liked in most squads
    Best in PvP
    Highest single target DPS
    Best chi gaining abilities
    Best solo ability at high levels
    Very strong defensive skills
    The most control skills
    Can teleport through walls

Cons:

Not very much HP in the beginning
    Hardly any AoE skills
    Short range compared to others
    Dies very easily at lower levels

Seekers

Pros:

High Physical Defense and HP
    Powerful ranged attacks
    Strong PvE debuffs
    Manipulates Attack and Defense levels of foes and allies
    Many AoEs including a sustained AoE and one that does not require a target
    Able to Tank at higher levels

Cons:

Low magical defense
    No reliable disables
    No anti-disable skills
    Tend to steal aggro if not careful
    Low HP and Physical defence at low levels

Do some looking around and see what is your play style, no one can tell you what character is best for you, only you can do that. Either way both characters are both good and bad depending on how you use them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Seekers

Pros:

High Physical Defense and HP
    Powerful ranged attacks
    Strong PvE debuffs
    Manipulates Attack and Defense levels of foes and allies
    Many AoEs including a sustained AoE and one that does not require a target
    Able to Tank at higher levels

Cons:

Low magical defense
    No reliable disables
    No anti-disable skills
    Tend to steal aggro if not careful
    Low HP and Physical defence at low levels

Seeker can wear both Heavy Armor and Light Armor. This means that they can in theory have just as high a magic defense as any Light Armor character. Though this requires them off setting their normally higher Physical Defense in favor of having said higher Magical Defense. Though this generally doesn't matter because of the Seeker's ability to increase both his Physical Defense and Magical Defense by 30% with a level 10 Adrenal Numbness.

Sure, Seeker lacks Stun spells, but that hardly matters given that they are able to attack from a distance and hit harder than almost any other melee class in the game.

Being able to one shot anyone else > than not having stuns.

With regard to not having answers to Stun, or other debuffs. Quid Pro Quo and Last Stand would both like to have words with you :P

Stealing Aggro is hardly a problem for a tanking class >.>

Having low HP and Physical Defense at low levels only applies if the Seeker in question is silly enough to use the wrong Armor, and not put points into Vitality. And technically speaking at low levels EVERYONE has low Hit Points, hence the definition of Low Levels.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sins are OP, lame, and easy to play

but there better then seekers. dont hate, apreciate.

seekers are the best AoE class tho 4 sho. aside from aoeing tho they dont have much to offer to a squad.
  • KolaKnight - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    You do know I am a seeker myself, I only gave a little insight into the seeker class at lower levels, but it still comes down to gear and skill......i made my seeker as a HP/Damage hybrid......it was a extremely good choice in some cases i have found i can tank something better than most barbs due to numbness+15 def level blessing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011

seekers are the best AoE class tho 4 sho. aside from aoeing tho they dont have much to offer to a squad.

That isn't entirely true. Seeker's can tank fairly well, almost as well as Barbarian. Seekers have some of the best Damage Per Hit in the Game even though their APS bites. And Seekers have some of the best Debuffs in the game. So not having stuff to offer a squad depends on what the squad actually needs.

EDIT:
    You do know I am a seeker myself, I only gave a little insight into the seeker class at lower levels, but it still comes down to gear and skill......i made my seeker as a HP/Damage hybrid......it was a extremely good choice in some cases i have found i can tank something better than most barbs due to numbness+15 def level blessing

My apologies I did not see what class you were was too busy reading your response to the thread. At any rate I still disagree with much of your assessment of the class.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    That isn't entirely true. Seeker's can tank fairly well, almost as well as Barbarian. Seekers have some of the best Damage Per Hit in the Game even though their APS bites. And Seekers have some of the best Debuffs in the game. So not having stuff to offer a squad depends on what the squad actually needs.

tanking doesnt mean anything when u cant hold aggro properly. in terms of tanking ur better off letting a 5.0 BM with blood paint tank because he will hold aggro 100% of the time compared to a seeker.

and idk what you are smoking but seekers do not have the best damage per hit in game....
  • KolaKnight - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011

Call me trolled, but how does a seekers debuffs for phy and casters plus a 20% extra damage amp not help squads? More damage given to boss from whole party= bosses die faster??? isn't that a good thing?

"on a side note my pros and cons came straight from the wiki seen here: http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Seeker

Its not perfect but it gives atleast some insight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    tanking doesnt mean anything when u cant hold aggro properly. in terms of tanking ur better off letting a 5.0 BM with blood paint tank because he will hold aggro 100% of the time compared to a seeker.

Have you actually ever seen a level 75+ Seeker go into infinite Vortex before? They hold Aggro just fine thank you very much. Hell I am only level 74 and I can hold Aggro extremely well and maintain Vortex almost indefinitely at my level thanks to Pots and MP Charms.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Call me trolled, but how does a seekers debuffs for phy and casters plus a 20% extra damage amp not help squads? More damage given to boss from whole party= bosses die faster??? isn't that a good thing?

amps? wats ur point? sins have a higher amp and it stacks with HF.b:bye
  • KolaKnight - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    amps? wats ur point? sins have a higher amp and it stacks with HF.b:bye
    seekers "amp" stacks with HF too >.> you should try it when all maxed seeker debuffs are on bm uses HF things die extreamly fast......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    seekers "amp" stacks with HF too >.> you should try it when all maxed seeker debuffs are on bm uses HF things die extreamly fast......

subsea increases ALL damage types, not just metal and physical. thats why its better. on top of that a sin with rank 9 dags and BP can pretty much tank anything and out DPS anything in the game. the only thing a sin lacks is AoE eficiency. any squad would rather 5.0s then silly debuffs in a party. thats just how ppl role in this game. 5.0>>>>>>>>>>everything else.
    Have you actually ever seen a level 75+ Seeker go into infinite Vortex before? They hold Aggro just fine thank you very much. Hell I am only level 74 and I can hold Aggro extremely well and maintain Vortex almost indefinitely at my level thanks to Pots and MP Charms.

lol@ 75. last i checked there are no 5.0s at that level. get to 100+ and u will find it extremly hard to hold aggro from just about anyone in rank 9 or that is 5.0.
    edited September 2011
    lol@ 75. last i checked there are no 5.0s at that level. get to 100+ and u will find it extremly hard to hold aggro from just about anyone in rank 9 or that is 5.0.

You see that just isn't fair. You should know yourself that Earthguard does not have Rank 9 Gear yet. So of course they can't hold hate from people using the Rank 9 Weapon with 4.0 APS. That is however not a fair judge of the Seeker's capabilities.

Once Seeker gets its rank 9 Gear however I would love to see a comparison about whether other classes are able to hold hate from a Seeker or not, because in all honesty the spike damage from a rank 9 Seeker fully sharded and +12'd is likely going to be way way way higher than the damage a 4.0 APS rank 9 Assassin is capable of dishing out.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited September 2011

I guess 10 defense levels and 20 defense levels for 8 secs and spamable combine with amp and hf and sin amp is useless.

Yup seeker debuff sucks.b:chuckleb:chuckle
    Dont worry Kola people will only seeker as voretex, its blinding them, probably cut their eyes out. Or maybe the sins eat their eyes out.b:laugh.

People only hate seeker because it doesnt have 5.0aps. :3
    I shall say this. If you want to farm sin because 90% are mad about time and rush for fast and quick money. After all Nirvana is best for aps i guess lol. But if you want to have fun and dont want pressure or follow the sheep pick seeker. :3b:victory

:3 Ps yup failed seeker. :3 So dont tell what i dont xD know :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    You see that just isn't fair. You should know yourself that Earthguard does not have Rank 9 Gear yet. So of course they can't hold hate from people using the Rank 9 Weapon with 4.0 APS. That is however not a fair judge of the Seeker's capabilities.

Once Seeker gets its rank 9 Gear however I would love to see a comparison about whether other classes are able to hold hate from a Seeker or not, because in all honesty the spike damage from a rank 9 Seeker fully sharded and +12'd is likely going to be way way way higher than the damage a 4.0 APS rank 9 Assassin is capable of dishing out.

dude. you really need to get educated on what a 5.0 anything can do. you are SEVERLY over estimating ur class. like seriously......
  • Dedz - Raging Tide
    Dedz - Raging Tide Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have both at 100+ as alts. Let me help you.

Better for PVE in general: Assasins
    Better for PVP in general: Assasins (may change when rank 9 for seeker comes out)
    Better for TW in general: Both almost useless (may change when rank 9 for seeker comes out)

More fun: Seekers
    If you like a better challenge in game: Seekers

Some clarifications from the arguments above:
    1.) Currently, Seekers (100+) are good tanks but can't hold aggro. Once they lose aggro, getting it back is difficult.

2.)Better to have 5aps sin/bm/ barb as tank at these late levels. Also in no fckking way can a seeker ever hold aggro against a 5aps sin that knows what he is doing. (I dont know where that person got that idea that seekers can. I tried debuffing boss with heart shatter,soulsever minuet, battousai, gemini slash (spirit bore status) spark + vortex , then spammed frenzy afterwards and even that didn't work. Tried with both rank 8 +10 sword and Nirvana dual sword +10) MAY CHANGE WHEN RANK 9 COMES OUT.

3.) Seeker debuffs are good but not needed. HF and AMP are currently the trends and I don't think it is going to change soon. So go make a seeker, play it well, and make seekers be wanted in Nirvana.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You will never catch me. But if you do, someone else will take my place. b:chuckle
    edited September 2011
    for clarity's sake. I would never argue that a Seeker in it's current state could hold aggro against a character with a Rank 9 Weapon and 4.0 APS gear. Nor (now, after some explanations from various people) do I figure that they would be very effective at holding aggro against a 5.0 APS character. Though that may change both when Seeker's Rank 9 Armor comes out, and/or when the changes to Demon Spark are instituted and infinite 5.0 APS becomes more difficult to sustain.

That said, Seeker is more than capable of tanking at lower levels prior to 5.0 APS. Additionally they are more than capable of performing EXCELLENT debuffs, and they have some of the highest Damage Per Hit's in this game PERIOD.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    and they have some of the highest Damage Per Hit's in this game PERIOD.

your still being biased. cragglord for mystics hit harder. wizzards hit harder. some psy skills hit harder. archers hit harder. do u play any of the other classes passed lvl 90?
    edited September 2011
    your still being biased. cragglord for mystics hit harder. wizzards hit harder. some psy skills hit harder. archers hit harder. do u play any of the other classes passed lvl 90?

Key word in my sentence... "SOME" Also keep in mind aside from Mystic all of those other classes have their Rank 9 Armor and Weapons already, so of course they can hit harder than a Seeker.
  • Dedz - Raging Tide
    Dedz - Raging Tide Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    for clarity's sake. I would never argue that a Seeker in it's current state could hold aggro against a character with a Rank 9 Weapon and 4.0 APS gear. Nor (now, after some explanations from various people) do I figure that they would be very effective at holding aggro against a 5.0 APS character.

I'm happy that you learned something new today especially since it is about the performance of an endgame seeker :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You will never catch me. But if you do, someone else will take my place. b:chuckle
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Comparing a broken class to a well balanced class. A bit pointless.

Seekers take actual thinking to play to be any good in PvP or PvE.. And I can assure you, considering the fact that seekers are bound to **** gear compared to whats available, there are still some that play the class extraordinary. But as long as they are the underdogs because they are bound to not get to a competitive level of gear, that extraordinary presence will always be swamped by the people with already available OP gears.

But with that said, it all boils down to what you enjoy in the game, for me It was TW - so instead of investing time and money on a character that is only GREAT at 1v1s, and PvE, I rather spent it on a class that has potential to be great in TW, and yet is still needed in some PvE.. deltas/FC/warsong/ and even lunars---
    re
  • EIvemage - Dreamweaver
    EIvemage - Dreamweaver Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    most of you assume he cashshops enough to get a good sin. a poor sin is useless in a squad (a sins strenght is their aps (pure dex-> high aps-> ????-> profit) but -int gear is hella expensive. 200k rank costs 100m+ 80m for tt99 -int gear so almost 200m ( Tm cape, costs for r8 gear..) just for the basic 3,33 aps gear.. and like 300m for the tome + 180m for the daggers to get 5 aps.

a seeker is a way cheaper build thats way more usefull for squads ( lvl 100 will take a while to reach) and seekers are always welcome to any Fc/rb squad and if you dont plan on cashshopping definately go with seeker. if you decide to max your account out, get an assasin
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    most of you assume he cashshops enough to get a good sin. a poor sin is useless in a squad (a sins strenght is their aps (pure dex-> high aps-> ????-> profit) but -int gear is hella expensive. 200k rank costs 100m+ 80m for tt99 -int gear so almost 200m ( Tm cape, costs for r8 gear..) just for the basic 3,33 aps gear.. and like 300m for the tome + 180m for the daggers to get 5 aps.

a seeker is a way cheaper build thats way more usefull for squads ( lvl 100 will take a while to reach) and seekers are always welcome to any Fc/rb squad and if you dont plan on cashshopping definately go with seeker. if you decide to max your account out, get an assasin

any class will suck if its poor and any class will be good if its rich. if u can afford rank 8 at all then u can afford to buy the rest of ur gear. ppl say all the time on how easy it is to farm coin in this game by the time ur lvl 100+ so use that method.
  • EIvemage - Dreamweaver
    EIvemage - Dreamweaver Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    any class will suck if its poor and any class will be good if its rich. if u can afford rank 8 at all then u can afford to buy the rest of ur gear. ppl say all the time on how easy it is to farm coin in this game by the time ur lvl 100+ so use that method.

he is new to the game and i assume he wants to know which class is more enjoyable/maybe even better.

lets assume money doesnt matter, then a sin is obviously better, its better then any other class... BUT without a lot of money sins are not that good.. if you cant get over 3 aps you are no addition to the team. If he plays the game legit he will spend a lot of time at TT and FC gathering mats for his gear. A sin will have to farm waay more valuable gear (tt99 gold, nirvana..) then a seeker because seekers wtih tt90 green are still a great addition to a team because of their debuffs and AoE skills (edit i know you dont farm mats in FC but nevertheless he will be in there a long time). and if you look at endgame a poor seeker will be chosen over a poor sin in every situation because a 2 aps sin is useless.

thats why i suggested him to make a seeker, because unless he has a couple 100 dollars to spend it will be the better choice. if he doesnt mind spending money then obviously sin is better

edit: you said he can afford all his gear if he can afford rank8? rank 8 is 100m on a rank sale Nirvana daggers which are a must have are 175mish ON DOUBLE XP, PAN GU CRATOR is like 300m nirvy legs around 150m.... you need to be hella rich to have a good sin
  • AmmeeesbfC - Dreamweaver
    AmmeeesbfC - Dreamweaver Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i think seeker...coz they have more hp and they have handsome earthguard face...<333
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]