Can a aps barb is better at pvp then stre build barb

Comments

• crunchycat
    crunchycat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Fuzzy might actually have to agree with that one.... b:avoid

But then again, its comic relief to see those who claim to have end-game characters complain about stuff from faceless accounts. Without em, there would be fewer laughs in the panda's day. ...and that just doesn't spell fun. b:chuckle

Fuzzy, you have exhibited a long standing trend of "agreeing" with... how shall I say... bull****. Step up to the plate. Real players are giving you very negative feedback about barbarians on this sub-forum. You can pretend that everything is rosy and these are just "naysayers" or you can actually try to address the issues.

I suspect that PWI has given you zero power and zero influence, so I wont hold it against you if you cannot affect any positive change.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    crunchycat wrote: »
    Real players are giving you very negative feedback about barbarians on this sub-forum.

Unless Fuzzy is mistaken in what he reads, the vast majority of the barbs who post here are quite happy with their characters.

There are some things that could be tweaked, perhaps even "fixed", but to say the
    vast majority are giving negative feedback? We must not be reading the same forum. b:bye
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • crunchycat
    edited June 2011
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Unless Fuzzy is mistaken in what he reads, the vast majority of the barbs who post here are quite happy with their characters.

There are some things that could be tweaked, perhaps even "fixed", but to say the
    vast majority are giving negative feedback? We must not be reading the same forum. b:bye

Every discussion of becoming a claw barb is a barb who is not happy with the default character. Every discussion of not being able to hold aggro is the same. Every discussion of people getting fed up because they can't win in PvP or tank in PvP is the same.

Reading the forum means nothing if you are not listening to what is being said.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    No. With equal gear compared to any DD class, barbs suck at pvp and pve.

I disagree with this.

Barbs are always really good 1 v 1, and in group fighting they play important roles.

I deal the same or more spike aoe dmg as any other class, while having the ability to tank a lot more with invoke, while having better chi manipulation spells.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HardnHeavy - Raging Tide
    HardnHeavy - Raging Tide Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Every discussion of becoming a claw barb is a barb who is not happy with the default character. Every discussion of not being able to hold aggro is the same. Every discussion of people getting fed up because they can't win in PvP or tank in PvP is the same.

Reading the forum means nothing if you are not listening to what is being said.

Dude if you are so unlucky as barb because you can't win then roll a fish and problem solved. This thread's name is about what is better aps or axe and not b!tching how bad barbs suck.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    IM just gonna say this:

Barb is the only class that can reach 5.0 aps sparked with full r9 (less belt)

For the rest, is no use to try to convince a moron that has already made his choice. You think that barb sucks both pvp and pve ? Your problem pal, reroll.

Im gonna stick to my demon barb since i enjoy it. You probably are not objective on what you expect from your barb compared to the effort you have to do to reach that.

Want an easy way to win the game ? VISA fish b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • crunchycat
    edited June 2011
    I disagree with this.

Barbs are always really good 1 v 1, and in group fighting they play important roles.

I deal the same or more spike aoe dmg as any other class, while having the ability to tank a lot more with invoke, while having better chi manipulation spells.

I'll be happy do demonstrate otherwise if you don't mind making a trip to lost city.
  • crunchycat
    edited June 2011
    Dude if you are so unlucky as barb because you can't win then roll a fish and problem solved. This thread's name is about what is better aps or axe and not b!tching how bad barbs suck.

I have every class. No matter which path you take (axe or aps), you will always under-perform compared to other classes whom are equally geared. APS does however have a lot of distinct advantages; however, it is not designed for the class.
  • HardnHeavy - Raging Tide
    HardnHeavy - Raging Tide Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    What is the point of arguing if a class that is ment to be a tank doesn't make same dmg like DDs?
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    I have every class. No matter which path you take (axe or aps), you will always under-perform compared to other classes whom are equally geared. APS does however have a lot of distinct advantages; however, it is not designed for the class.

Full rank9 barb with gold TT99 oranaments + lunar cape + -int tome = 3.33 base >5.0 sparked

No BMs, nor Sin can reach this. Only barb and archer can
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • zerosubs
    zerosubs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Full rank9 barb with gold TT99 oranaments + lunar cape + -int tome = 3.33 base >5.0 sparked

Are you saying sins cant reach 5aps? or are you saying sins cant reach 5 aps whilst wearing rank gear?

if the former choice, sins CAN reach 5aps sparked, and heres how.
    http://pwcalc.com/9e84dc69e0b7aa9a

(never mind the massive primevil stone collection, the 105 lvl, and the +12 gear)
    【○Falcon Punch】
  • BadBarb - Lost City
    BadBarb - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    zerosubs wrote: »
    Are you saying sins cant reach 5aps? or are you saying sins cant reach 5 aps whilst wearing rank gear?

if the former choice, sins CAN reach 5aps sparked, and heres how.
    http://pwcalc.com/9e84dc69e0b7aa9a

(never mind the massive primevil stone collection, the 105 lvl, and the +12 gear)

i believe sir, that he means full r9 gear. perhaps re-read his comments a few times over?

barb
    http://pwcalc.com/0370b0ab4c7c1842

sin
    http://pwcalc.com/7f053a778a752d1a
    If at first you don't succeed,
    give up and eat some bacon.
  • zerosubs
    edited September 2011
    i believe sir, that he means full r9 gear. perhaps re-read his comments a few times over?

barb
    http://pwcalc.com/0370b0ab4c7c1842

sin
    http://pwcalc.com/7f053a778a752d1a

thats why i asked if - you know what. perhaps re-read MY comment a few times over ._.
    【○Falcon Punch】
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So much barb hate...crazy talk.

I'm a decently geared barb and I think I know a thing or two about how to play my toon. I think barbs do just fine in pvp or pve. We aren't the fastest attack class, nor are we the heaviest hitting...What we do have is survivability- with the right gear, the right combo of skills and patience, a barb will survive most 1v1 encounters. I've gone toe to toe with some heavy R9 robes and been beaten to within 400hp, then come back and kill 'em. And claw/fist barbs haven't killed me yet either.

If someone doesn't like playing a barb-then don't play it. When I don't feel like playing my barb I log on my archer...and vice versa.

As to the OP's question: In general claws/fist barbs hold aggro and do more DPS than STR/Axe barbs will. What one gains in APS, one loses in HP, however, unless that person cash-shops heavily. But almost anything a claw/fist barb can do, an axe barb can do as well. It just takes him a little while longer.

Just my 2 cents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    1ST of all....COOL NECRO BRO !!!

then:
    thats why i asked if - you know what. perhaps re-read MY comment a few times over ._.

LOL b:surrender

Full rank9 barb with gold TT99 oranaments

Dont go to say others to read, while your not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>RETIRED<
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I like aps barb but i wanna know if it gud at pvp then stre build barb also im dmeon

Suppose I should ask, was typing 'gud' quicker than typing 'good'? Seriously I'm curious.

Barb 100 skill plus Arma for the win I guess, I suppose its just survivng between waiting for procs. PvP comes across as a bit of a one hit wonder ride or luck of the zerk. Not really much skill in it, probably should be more worried about your gear quality than build type.

Ew didn't see necro, my bad.
    PWI b:bye
  • BadBarb - Lost City
    edited September 2011

ty

+10chars
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited September 2011

That's not full r9. You're missing 2 pieces to be full rank 9.
    After being APS barb for so long, I believe a strength barb with a fairly good amount invested in vit will be better for PvP if you are full r9.

And yes, barbs kinda do suck in PvP. I bet if I was an archer, sin, psychic, or wizard with equal gear, I would do so much better in pk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Fresh_Corpse - Sanctuary
    Fresh_Corpse - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Archers can hit 5.0 rank full rank 9 armor as well...

And they are soooooooo much better fro 1v1 and mass pvp
    I give up on beign a blademaster. Gonna go wave my tranny **** around and pew pew.
  • Cybetron - Raging Tide
    Cybetron - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Lots of discussion about barb sucking at PvP... Although, that's not the question...

To OP: aps barb is a choice and pvping with one is very skill dependent. The advantages to that character is that you'll still have your regular skills with axes and can go 5aps with your claws to **** away the idiot who's going to stand there tanking your 5aps spark damage.
    Disadvantages to being aps barb is you'll lose HP which makes you less "tanky" (hate that word) and is more expensive. APS barbs are kings in PvE (that's how the balance tips nowadays).

To voracious supporters of axe barbs who can PvP: yeah barbs can PvP very well with axes and fists, we can do stuff that no other class can. We can use mighty swing (amazing stun), beastial onslaught (extra crit ftw) and the almighty armageddon.. and.. hmm.. that's pretty much it in humanoid.. oh we can also go tiger n use sunder and.. ohkay so thats four skills..

Mind you I am not saying we can/can't PvP. Barbs weren't made to drop people in seconds with exclusive skills, but rather take the damage and survive enough to deal "spike" damage.

As a barb you should know when to get OUT of a fight, tank a few hits and get BACK in with the limited set of skills that we've in our arsenal and aim to get some spike damage on our enemy.

EDIT: Noticed that this was posted back in June. Wonder which path the OP chose. Decent necro... Inb4lock
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Go axe for pvp. Fists are virtually useless in pvp. Why do you think BMs use axes and poles in pvp? You ever see archers use fists/claws in srs pvp? (Aps is for the lulz in pvp; if an archer is srsly using fists ask yourself: Why do you think so many archers fail?) Because fist/claw fail in pvp.

inb4zomg5apsdemonsparkroflcopterzgorollasinlololol
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • CessiI - Dreamweaver
    CessiI - Dreamweaver Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    my barb has a set of tanking gear ( lunar nirvana ) full set,

and aps gear,

im demon, with +10 zerk hammers,

and i can honestly tell you, i always have been able to kill players who outgeared me. by being smart and going tank mode when they trow in their best offence. of cource there are some that i just cant beat couse of their gear,

and by going offence myself when they are recovering from their assault towards me,

thats the barb way of PKing

wait , and wait some more, and strike when the foe is dry.

a barb is a tanker, even in pvp, wait, and strike when there is a opurtunity.

it is difficult now a days since manny players are really well geared, but i can honestly say, if you play it right, you can defeat players who outgear you

you dont really need fists in pvp as a barb, since you can get 60%+ crit at wish, plus zerk weapons, id say, get like 160+ ish dex for crit and accuracy, and pump strengt

and get lots of coins to refine awesome gear as high as possible, so your able to tank and wont be a glass cannon
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I am sure this is a bit off topic, but ive been told by many many many ( specially sin fish) that barbs suck or roll a Sin blah blah blah but.

once i reached lvl 50 I've been ninja invited to FB/BH's and at about lvl 80 i started getting invited to FC before i could even zone in, so yea.

That and, I constantly duel a few guild sinfish who are ranked out, I am not quite there yet but I constantly beat the Bm's and come close to the sinfish that are +10 lvls higher then me.

(I usually buff them before we fight) so all i can say is NO i am not experienced in PVP but yes i've been satisfied with my barb on my PVE server thus far and i'm sure i'll turn on pvp mode, I would not do this if i have not won quite a few matches dueling :-)
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
  • OlieTheKing - Lost City
    OlieTheKing - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    you could kill people faster and get faster chi, but unless you have occult on your genie it seems pretty useless...
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    you could kill people faster and get faster chi, but unless you have occult on your genie it seems pretty useless...

^^Prolly the smartest thing said in this thread.

Barbs can't use skills without axes and an axe only build allows them to setup equipment for defense. No one is going to sit there and punch it out with a barb that has equal damage and superior tanking because their hp/defensewill keep them alive long enough to fist you to death. If a barb pulls fists, you stun, kite, or make it ranged. If a barb pulls axes he can do a few ranged skills and has a few more options.

However, as a barb beyond the few 1 hit options (arma, zerk/crits, crit onslaught) one the best ways barbs have surpised me in pk is when I have kited a few of their skills into cd and feel its safe make it a melee fight on my bm and I close the distance on them. They kite any anti-stun I have then BO at melee range, Occult Ice, and ** me up in 3 seconds flat. It's like... ****. Didn't think a barb could tick my charm and charm bipass me, but then they pulled out the fists.

But as for "better". Its axes.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Fresh_Corpse - Sanctuary
    Fresh_Corpse - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ^^Prolly the smartest thing said in this thread.

Barbs can't use skills without axes and an axe only build allows them to setup equipment for defense. No one is going to sit there and punch it out with a barb that has equal damage and superior tanking because their hp/defensewill keep them alive long enough to fist you to death. If a barb pulls fists, you stun, kite, or make it ranged. If a barb pulls axes he can do a few ranged skills and has a few more options.

However, as a barb beyond the few 1 hit options (arma, zerk/crits, crit onslaught) one the best ways barbs have surpised me in pk is when I have kited a few of their skills into cd and feel its safe make it a melee fight on my bm and I close the distance on them. They kite any anti-stun I have then BO at melee range, Occult Ice, and ** me up in 3 seconds flat. It's like... ****. Didn't think a barb could tick my charm and charm bipass me, but then they pulled out the fists.

But as for "better". Its axes.

Eh gotta watch geni buildup and cooldowns too. easy way is to just lock the bugger at mele range forever and antistun lock gaps with fort/bhodi when OI's on CD no really this will work on any barb that you have the damage to kill because even with OI rage and 3 spark spam the barb can and will be stuck in lock foirever and at 4 aps base you can 3 spark or HF every 2nd or 3rd stun cycle the fuzzy will eventually die. (Unless its smart and has fort/badge but I rarely even see AD on barbs)

IJS, I would not activly pvp on a barb without full rank 9 ever, the lack of control skills and laughable short antistun make killing anyone at your gear level damn near unpossible unless theys 12 kinds of special.
    I give up on beign a blademaster. Gonna go wave my tranny **** around and pew pew.
  • zerosubs
    edited September 2011
    1ST of all....COOL NECRO BRO !!!

then:

LOL b:surrender

I specifically asked if thats what you meant, or if you meant that they couldnt reach 5aps at all. kind of hyporcite thing you did thar guy b:pleased So instead of posting useless comment like above maybe you could have actually answered the question asked of you. maybe you missed it or something but also maybe you feel better making friends by insulting others. either way is fine bro b:surrender
    【○Falcon Punch】
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I don't have a problem with magic classes, but still working on getting better with r9 sins.

PS solid shield is the new visa, never leave home without it :P
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • BadBarb - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    I specifically asked if thats what you meant, or if you meant that they couldnt reach 5aps at all. kind of hyporcite thing you did thar guy b:pleased So instead of posting useless comment like above maybe you could have actually answered the question asked of you. maybe you missed it or something but also maybe you feel better making friends by insulting others. either way is fine bro b:surrender

I'll do the recap, just cuz i despise stupidity.

he said:

you said

I believe anyone bothering to reply to your "question" would be wasting their time on someone to moronic to read.

at 1st i just thought u had bad english so i was polite, and now that i see you are simply beating the dead horse, it is oh so obvious that you are unfortunately just an idiot.

It is as if he said the sky was blue, and you asked "are you saying the sky isnt green?"

please please please l2read
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011

If YOU knows that Sins can get 5.0 with -int equip, dont you think that I know that too (like every1 in this world) ?

Yeah, im implying i know a lot more than you...b:shutup

Then, just cuz im a kind person:

A sin wearing "full r9" (Roid b:surrender) cant get to 5.0. Thats what i was saying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>RETIRED<