Petition to move Open PK area to Cave of Sadistic Glee

124»

Comments

• crazy001
    crazy001 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think PKing in cave should be stop completly players go in cave to get quest done not get killed from other players
  • hawk36
    hawk36 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What is wrong with the arena! thought this is exactly why it exisited, Its a pvp zone why would a pve server need anymore then that. iI do belive that glee would be a much better fit because at the lvl you get quests in there quests are worthless anyway, wich is a shame rewards for quest should make it worth doing to keep intrest but thats a whole other topic .
  • Dark_/
cher - Lost City61
    Dark_/ cher - Lost City61 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I am in on this, I agree. you got my vote
  • thedevilshop
    thedevilshop Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think they should just put back in the pvp arenas people could go to at any time, but as a temporary fix until then this is a much better idea then having open pk at secret passage.
  • Snipero_Wolf - Heavens Tear
    Snipero_Wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I personally think it's horrible for the new players to PW altogether. Not only can't they get their level 30+ quests done in the Secret Passage, but an entire guild has to come in to make sure 1 player gets their quest.

Especially when you have idiot boutique players like PAYUPSUCKA, and JUGGALO, just pk'ing everyone that happens to walk on by regardless of level. Feel free to ban them if you like, they are of no use to this game in the first place. Neither one is helpful, or care about others in the game, but themselves.

I know as an officer of Progress we have seen new players to the game quit playing altogether because of Secret Passage, and some of them are thinking of taking legal action against PWI as they spent real money buying their flyers, and mounts.

Well good luck with this PW, and again, I think it comes as a total disadvantage to all brand new players who are trying out the game for the first time. Way to go bright ones.

i agree i chose pve cus i dont want too pk i can duel but thats the extent i will go. if they open the arena and add lvl ranges and an free for all lvl option where u dont lose anything but time and they got a shop area in the instance where u go if u die so u dont need to travel far and is safe when afk. i like to help my guild whenever i can and so do most in fac but not many want to go in SP cus of pk and thats not right.
  • kencokid1884
    kencokid1884 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I chose to play on a PVE server as I have no interest in PVP, and after over 2 years I still don't. However I do support the idea of an area for pkers to pk.

Solution 1: Get the arena working (if they can easily get it working in SP why not the arena?)

Solution 2: a one-off transfer for players who are now high level on a PVE server that want to pvp to one of the PVP servers (once moved thats it, can't go back and never move again).

Solution 3: make blue named un-pkable no-matter what, that way it doen't matter if SP or Glee or anywhere else is pk enabled.
  • Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear
    Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    honestly i can feel for the high levels who want a place to pvp. but at the same time, they must realize that if they want to PK then they should have played a PVP server from the begining.

PWI should just open the arena so the high levels who are too chicken **** to live in a PVP server (or use the pk button) can get some kills. as far as i'm consered, in a PVE server all pvp should be OPTIONAL not forced.

last but not least. the playerbase. this idea didn't even need to be canceled. they could have left SP as forced PK zone. but the problem was ****** dumbasses that went out of their way to kill off low levels non stop again and again and again. this is why i hold asians in higher regard than us westerners. the guys in the other versions didn't act like this. and now because of the immaturity of this version, the others may lose this feature as well. this is my only regret besides PWI not having someone there banning the hell out of anyone who was harassing other players.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Solution 2: a one-off transfer for players who are now high level on a PVE server that want to pvp to one of the PVP servers (once moved thats it, can't go back and never move again).

No, just no. It would give a completely unfair advantage to the person who started on the PvE server. Just reopen the arena or move it to a place that isn't a low level necessity, like Glee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Its pretty sad to see the number of threads which have been closed on this topic because they were mere duplicates to the GM supported threads and yet this one stays open? While at the time this thread served a purpose to consider an alternative location for the free for all harassment zone now in SP... with SP being reverted and other suggestion threads more in line with the communities interest which is far from a simple move from SP to Glee... it would seem to me this poll/thread is extremely outdated and no longer of use.

Would seem logical to me this thread should be CLOSED.
    edited September 2011
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    Its pretty sad to see the number of threads which have been closed on this topic because they were mere duplicates to the GM supported threads and yet this one stays open? While at the time this thread served a purpose to consider an alternative location for the free for all harassment zone now in SP... with SP being reverted and other suggestion threads more in line with the communities interest which is far from a simple move from SP to Glee... it would seem to me this poll/thread is extremely outdated and no longer of use.

Would seem logical to me this thread should be CLOSED.

Threads aren't closed for being outdated, they just die on their own. Once the last post in it is older than a month, then they are considered dead. If you post in a dead thread, it's considered a necro and the thread is closed. I don't know why it's done that way, but I know it would probably take more manpower than it's worth to go back through every old thread, combine them all into new information, determine what's outdated and close it, etc. Also sometimes you may want to quote a post in a dead thread and start a new discussion on the topic, allowing them to remain open helps that. And I think with SP being reverted the matter of where to allow PvPers to have their fun too is still relevant. I think far more troubling is that zen **** link has been allowed to stay...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Threads aren't closed for being outdated, they just die on their own. Once the last post in it is older than a month, then they are considered dead. If you post in a dead thread, it's considered a necro and the thread is closed. I don't know why it's done that way, but I know it would probably take more manpower than it's worth to go back through every old thread, combine them all into new information, determine what's outdated and close it, etc. Also sometimes you may want to quote a post in a dead thread and start a new discussion on the topic, allowing them to remain open helps that. And I think with SP being reverted the matter of where to allow PvPers to have their fun too is still relevant. I think far more troubling is that zen **** link has been allowed to stay...

Havent seen all the threads closed on this very topic because the MODs wanted to keep all the comments contained to the few threads have you? This topic is no longer productive to the conversation as the poll doesnt even give other choices for consideration. With the lack of other alternatives it makes this poll counterproductive to the conversation and other threads which have engaged more players to comment and offer suggestions make this a distraction to the topic at hand. Which is EXACTLY the reasons given on the other topics which were closed on this topic by the MODs.

And yes I agree there are some other issues that do have high importance and could very well be as destructive to the game but the issue in SP is one of the single drivers of NEW players to the game to leave. I really have little compassion for the players who wish to power level to 100+ spending very little of their own money in the game who dont learn their class and have no desire to really play the game who eventually quit the game because they claim to be bored... not even getting into the conversation if they actually PLAYED the game as clearly they had others play the game for them. If the game wants to continue in the future as build its player base the developers should be more concerned with getting SP fixed asap. Each and every day on the various threads open and new ones created on this topic I keep seeing more and more players voice their complaints on the topic despite the 'Breaking News' of it being fixed. I am much more concerned with keeping those players who will join our factions and engage in playing the game with the rest of us over the bored players who bought their way to the top or had others play the game for them.

I will take the player who knows their class and is willing to learn the game over someone highly geared with high APS who only knows how to speed kill everything. I am waiting for the developers to put in bosses who will counter act the aps speed kill which require more skill to defeat then simple APS damage. To find those players and allow them to develop we should not allow players who want to claim SP is simply not needed or there are ways of skirting the game so a small few who only want to participate in harassing other players because they are too damn bored to actually PLAY the game.

So with the poll no longer of any use and this thread being just like ALL of the other threads closed by the MODs... I am just curious why we contain the discussion to a couple relevant threads and close the others yet dont close this one?
    edited September 2011
    stuff

This is simply a suggestion about where it could be moved, at it's creation it was moved to the suggestion box. The other threads are discussing the issue as a whole, this one is a suggestion about where a free-for-all PK area could potentially fit. They are two different things. Even though the PK area in SP is being removed, and it is being removed already btw, I still support a free-for-all PK area. Not everyone who PKs rushed to a hundred and spent tons of real life money, etc. Many people have been playing this game for a long time, and have done all there is to do the "legitimate" way and are now bored and would like to PK. The game should cater to more than just one segment of it's customers be it pvp or pve people. Also, this is the oldest of the move PK suggestion threads. When I created this thread, it was a new suggestion and none of the other "we should move the pk here" threads existed. The oldest threads on any topic stay because even if they are outdated, they were new and created legitimately and according to forum rules. People who post a new topic that duplicates exactly the same thing someone elses thread is already discussing are the ones that merged/closed because those came later. Since there was already a topic, it broke the forum rule about duplicate threads.

Anyway, I still think the poll is useful. I still fully support opening the arenas or turning Cave of Sadistic Glee into a free pk area. I feel as though that it's necessary, and the good thing about those two areas is that it doesn't prevent a PvE player from enjoying the same advantages a PvP player does, namely completing the cultivation and learning all their skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    junk

The fact more people have commented they do not find a choice in the poll as their choice since there are divine quests now in Glee... the poll is really not accurate for ANY data.

All of the suggestions listed in this thread have also been mentioned on the main thread where the MODs have been pointing to while closing the other thread. So with the logic for closing other threads this should be on the chopping block as well.

There is a thread for any suggestions regarding a proper location for a free for all pvp location and oddly enough very few people who support having a location actually provide suggestions. Glee is NOT a very valid suggestion as the ENTIRE idea as we were told when this blunder was rolled out... A location was needed to offer NEW players the chance to get a taste of PVP or introduction. Anyone pointing to the Arena has not given any suggestions on set up as to levels allowed, any kind of grouping by level, amount of space needed, what gear would be allowed, or if flying would be allowed. So merely saying "Arena" doesnt solve any of the issues brought up with what is currently WRONG with SP.

SO... again this thread has become nothing but a distraction to the actual discussion to which the MODs have wanted to keep focused.
    edited September 2011
    stuff

I think Glee is a great place for it, because a lot of the new pvp players (different from new players, which this was not for) are around level 90-100 and aren't geared up yet for it. This would give them a no consequence and thus easy way to jump into PvP before they make the investment of guardian scrolls, binding charms, and gear. As for the other suggestion thread, it was created after this one. Whether or not you like my suggestion isn't relevant. Threads aren't closed because the OP made a dumb suggestion, they are closed because they are necroed (which this one wasn't) or they are duplicates at time of creation (which this one wasn't.) They can also be closed for flaming (this one wasn't), naming and shaming (this one did not), or asking a question that has been answered many times (this one did not), or because it's too real world political. (This one was not) Any other threads asking for suggestions besides the original and still live thread in general discussion should be closed, any other thread suggesting Glee should be closed, any other threads asking for opinions or creating a simple poll should be closed. Not because they are bad, but because these threads all already exist. The first thread to take suggestion (the one suggestion on you spoke of) the first one to give a workable suggestion (this one) and the first one to take the polls (Astrelle) should not be because they broke no rules at time of posting.

Anywho as for the Arena, the reason no one is suggestion rules for it is because the Arena is already built, has rules, has flying enabled, etc. The Arena is already complete, the just refuse to actually activate for reasons that I have already admitted to not having any knowledge of. The most credible reasons that I've seen offered were that it's being reserved for PvP events and was initially closed to remove bugs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    I think Glee is a great place for it, because a lot of the new pvp players (different from new players, which this was not for) are around level 90-100 and aren't geared up yet for it. This would give them a no consequence and thus easy way to jump into PvP before they make the investment of guardian scrolls, binding charms, and gear. As for the other suggestion thread, it was created after this one. Whether or not you like my suggestion isn't relevant. Threads aren't closed because the OP made a dumb suggestion, they are closed because they are necroed (which this one wasn't) or they are duplicates at time of creation (which this one wasn't.) They can also be closed for flaming (this one wasn't), naming and shaming (this one did not), or asking a question that has been answered many times (this one did not), or because it's too real world political. (This one was not) Any other threads asking for suggestions besides the original and still live thread in general discussion should be closed, any other thread suggesting Glee should be closed, any other threads asking for opinions or creating a simple poll should be closed. Not because they are bad, but because these threads all already exist. The first thread to take suggestion (the one suggestion on you spoke of) the first one to give a workable suggestion (this one) and the first one to take the polls (Astrelle) should not be because they broke no rules at time of posting.

Anywho as for the Arena, the reason no one is suggestion rules for it is because the Arena is already built, has rules, has flying enabled, etc. The Arena is already complete, the just refuse to actually activate for reasons that I have already admitted to not having any knowledge of. The most credible reasons that I've seen offered were that it's being reserved for PvP events and was initially closed to remove bugs.

If their intention was to get players level 90+ an introduction to PVP... FAILURE! By level 40 the vast number of players have already defined if they wish to PVP or not. In fact if you read the threads you mention you would notice the larger number of players making that fact known. If the company doesnt recognize this fact prior to this blunder then they really need to go into a different business as they are clearly farther out of touch to their player base then most people have commented. Those who DO want to PVP in a free zone dont want to wait till they are 90+ for this play land. I guess you have not had players in a BH 29 want to duel you? I have not gone to a single BH instance in this game and didnt have someone want to duel because of their desire to have some PVP fun. Its almost idiotic to think that a PVP play land be restricted to high end players only. What arrogance.

If your assumption is correct WHY would they place it in SP? Why bother put it in a location where a huge flow of low level players well below 90 would frequent? FAILURE.
    edited September 2011
    If their intention was to get players level 90+ an introduction to PVP... FAILURE! By level 40 the vast number of players have already defined if they wish to PVP or not. In fact if you read the threads you mention you would notice the larger number of players making that fact known. If the company doesnt recognize this fact prior to this blunder then they really need to go into a different business as they are clearly farther out of touch to their player base then most people have commented. Those who DO want to PVP in a free zone dont want to wait till they are 90+ for this play land. I guess you have not had players in a BH 29 want to duel you? I have not gone to a single BH instance in this game and didnt have someone want to duel because of their desire to have some PVP fun. Its almost idiotic to think that a PVP play land be restricted to high end players only. What arrogance.

If your assumption is correct WHY would they place it in SP? Why bother put it in a location where a huge flow of low level players well below 90 would frequent? FAILURE.

Most players that i've seen may choose to be on a PvE server right off the bat, but don't go white named until they have the gear to back it up. Most of the white names I see on PvE servers are like 90+. As for why they put it in SP, there is a little room in there they used for the tournament. As shown by that guy who inspected the files and showed there was some not enabled quest to take weapons from SP. Frankie even said something about keeping with the momentum of PWIC. Anyway, we both agree that SP wasn't a good place to put it. PWE admits it wasn't a good place to put it now. Not very many people would argue that SP was an appropriate place for it to be. I think they chose SP because it's an OPEN instance that doesn't have random rooms and that anyone can access. The other instance on the map with those unique qualities is Glee, but as some of the PKers in here pointed out, Glee has high level mobs that they were concerned might interfere with their match. So my guess is that instead of thinking of the ramifications it would have on the game and those who choose not to PvP they just took the easy way out as it didn't require any coding they hadn't already done. That's pure conjecture, but it's the only logical explanation I can think of, for the reason they decided to put it in SP that doesn't fall back on the Chinese are too polite to grief people in there stereotype.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Most players that i've seen may choose to be on a PvE server right off the bat, but don't go white named until they have the gear to back it up. Most of the white names I see on PvE servers are like 90+. As for why they put it in SP, there is a little room in there they used for the tournament. As shown by that guy who inspected the files and showed there was some not enabled quest to take weapons from SP. Frankie even said something about keeping with the momentum of PWIC. Anyway, we both agree that SP wasn't a good place to put it. PWE admits it wasn't a good place to put it now. Not very many people would argue that SP was an appropriate place for it to be. I think they chose SP because it's an OPEN instance that doesn't have random rooms and that anyone can access. The other instance on the map with those unique qualities is Glee, but as some of the PKers in here pointed out, Glee has high level mobs that they were concerned might interfere with their match. So my guess is that instead of thinking of the ramifications it would have on the game and those who choose not to PvP they just took the easy way out as it didn't require any coding they hadn't already done. That's pure conjecture, but it's the only logical explanation I can think of, for the reason they decided to put it in SP that doesn't fall back on the Chinese are too polite to grief people in there stereotype.

Well duh... and why cause of whats going on in SP... high geared players camping. If you want to INTRODUCE people to PVP and build the ranks you get lower level players who want to give it a try a place where they can go toe to toe with someone their level range in the same environment. The high level players have plenty of places to PVP but it comes with possible costs. But if there is an 'INTRODUCTION' it sure as hell better be before level 100+. Thats like getting your grandmother to break dance at 80.

...and yes lets not allow a high level mob get in the way of PVP. As you said... people have pointed out that Glee isnt ideal any more then SP is which is another reason this poll should just be shut down.
    edited September 2011
    Well duh... and why cause of whats going on in SP... high geared players camping. If you want to INTRODUCE people to PVP and build the ranks you get lower level players who want to give it a try a place where they can go toe to toe with someone their level range in the same environment. The high level players have plenty of places to PVP but it comes with possible costs. But if there is an 'INTRODUCTION' it sure as hell better be before level 100+. Thats like getting your grandmother to break dance at 80.

...and yes lets not allow a high level mob get in the way of PVP. As you said... people have pointed out that Glee isnt ideal any more then SP is which is another reason this poll should just be shut down.

I already posted a video about why the mob fears weren't well founded, and changing the aggressiveness of the mobs could also easily solve that.

And many people don't pvp on pve servers until they are high enough level where they can use genies, apots, good gears, etc because then they last more than a few hits. Like I said, many pve people get their start pvping end game when they've become bored with the instances. Some level 100s would like to start PvPing but the costs and the fact that rank 9 can just one shot everyone has been a barrier. With a pvp enabled instance, the only thing you'd have to lose is time and maybe a bit of pride.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    I already posted a video about why the mob fears weren't well founded, and changing the aggressiveness of the mobs could also easily solve that.

And many people don't pvp on pve servers until they are high enough level where they can use genies, apots, good gears, etc because then they last more than a few hits. Like I said, many pve people get their start pvping end game when they've become bored with the instances. Some level 100s would like to start PvPing but the costs and the fact that rank 9 can just one shot everyone has been a barrier. With a pvp enabled instance, the only thing you'd have to lose is time and maybe a bit of pride.

I totally understand what you are saying but my point above is if this was an idea to allow an introduction which someone mentioned early... the best time to get them interested is before level 40. And as I stated before... players start long before 90 wanting to do some pvp as every BH I have entered I have had someone if not a dozen want to duel me... there is an interest with some players to PVP but its the fear of losing gear or being a target dummy which is what they are doing in SP. Allow players to go toe to toe with near similar gear in low levels and watch the interest in PVP grow. Sure those who get to end game chose to do more PVP to occupy their time and give them excitement but again thats the END. Why would you introduce anyone at the END?

No one wants to get one shot. So if you want level playing grounds for PVP then there should be some way of offering different levels and possible difficulty levels. But as you pointed out we both agree the change to sp was a total failure or as I call it a BLUNDER. But again to my point for this thread... it HAS out lived its usefulness. It no longer has anything to offer what is already in the main threads which still offer many valid points and useful data.
    edited September 2011
    I totally understand what you are saying but my point above is if this was an idea to allow an introduction which someone mentioned early... the best time to get them interested is before level 40. And as I stated before... players start long before 90 wanting to do some pvp as every BH I have entered I have had someone if not a dozen want to duel me... there is an interest with some players to PVP but its the fear of losing gear or being a target dummy which is what they are doing in SP. Allow players to go toe to toe with near similar gear in low levels and watch the interest in PVP grow. Sure those who get to end game chose to do more PVP to occupy their time and give them excitement but again thats the END. Why would you introduce anyone at the END?

No one wants to get one shot. So if you want level playing grounds for PVP then there should be some way of offering different levels and possible difficulty levels. But as you pointed out we both agree the change to sp was a total failure or as I call it a BLUNDER. But again to my point for this thread... it HAS out lived its usefulness. It no longer has anything to offer what is already in the main threads which still offer many valid points and useful data.

Meh, I still find it to be a useful suggestion. We can have different opinions on what ought to be done. I feel as though either the arena, or Glee should be made pvp enabled. Which is why I suggested it. At any rate, this suggestion has never been answered and there are many other suggestions made in this forum that are not closed despite being out of date. For example, the GMs did answer already that they won't change ini file editing. But it's important to the OP and many in the community, so they can continue to post in it. They've made a petition for a change that they want, and even if others disagree it should NOT be closed because it's still a valid suggestion. It will continue to be a valid and meaningful suggestion as well, as the GMs on the various servers of PWI can't agree on a rule set. Until it's either enforced across the board whenever it's seen and all the servers or they change the rule to allow it, it will continue to be a valid and meaningful thread.

It's still something those players want to see. This is the suggestion box, even if you don't like the idea, we're allowed to make suggestions. Until SP is reverted, and the new PvP instance is announced, or until a GM tells us that it would be completely impossible to modify glee, my suggestion is still a valid one. Even if you don't personally find it to be a good one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    You have my support on this... No yellow quests in there so no one would be bothered by it... b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • PerectLoverX - Sanctuary
    PerectLoverX - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The start of full celestial (chrono) is 'wraiths ploy' ending in silver frost. PK should NOT stop ppl questing FB29 or silverfrost OR the kind high levels wishing to HELp them. Failing this no1 will want to help anyone. Remember this IS a PVE server NOT PVP. Thank you;)
    b:victory