Petition to move Open PK area to Cave of Sadistic Glee

VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Suggestion Box
Okay, with the newest changes to SP a lot of sides have raised some very valid issues. PWE has split the playerbase between PVE and PVP, which I feel is very unnecessarily. Ultimately, I feel that it is very important to respect and maintain both styles of gameplay and not lock others out of a specific style of gameplay based on personal preference.

Fact:

1) PKers have long wanted an instance where they could PK freely without having to worry about dropping items. They have needed an area that would facilitate this type of gameplay as drop stealing from blue named players is a particularly common occurrence and they have no way to stop them from doing so if they dropped.

2) Many people play this game and read the games text. They want to level their characters utilizing quests and see everything the game has to offer. This includes high levels. To them it's important to finish their characters, this includes doing the 99 cultivation and getting all of their skills.

3) The game needs to encourage new players to enjoy the gameplay. This includes PVP protection (the game reads that you can't be PKed below level 30) and the ability to complete the quests in their logs at least until they have more free options available. Many people will not spend money until they have a good idea of the game, this does not mean that they aren't potential customers just because they aren't able to afford thing such as powerlevelling services.

4) New content in this game is lacking, and many instances are completely ignored.

One such instance is the Cave of Sadistic Glee. I propose that the Open PK environment be moved to this instance. Not only would it give players a reason to see an area of the map that is often ignored and bring new life to an otherwise neglected instance, but it would satisfy the needs of all players. There is no cultivation quests/OHT map quests (however you choose to see the quest for silver frost) in this cave. In fact, there is only a quest to get an orb that you must coordinate with other players to complete and that is it. It doesn't offer anything content wise at all really, which is why people choose to skip it. It would be amazing to have this revitalized into a new PVP instance. Futhermore the only quests that are in it are for people already in their 80s, who would thusly stand a much better chance of completing the quests should they so choose. Heck more people may actually do the quest since it involves a team effort of switching around around orbs, as there would be people around them to help them and would offer a nice little reward for trying out PVP.

It would also be something that new players wouldn't know about it or authopath toward, so they would not be turned off by having the frustration of being rPKed at low levels (Lower than PK should be enabled, I might add) and give up because they feel they have to spend real money to do anything in the game. It would allow PvE players to complete their cultivation without having to be PKed. It would give PvP players the instance they have been dreaming of for ages. I can't think of any group that would be disadvantaged by this, except maybe PvE completionists who actually do use that cave (I camped there one day grinding 70s dq items and only saw 6 other people the entire day) but you can't please everyone. I guess, another group that would be disadvantaged would be people who just want to PK level 29 and below on a PVP server but frankly that kind of harassment shouldn't be allowed anyway.

Edit:

As for the arena, I admit this would be a better location. From what i can tell though, they decided to take away the arena permanently for whatever reason. From it's bugged, to they wanted to reserve it solely for PW PK related tournaments and events, I've heard a variety of reasons tossed around but I wasn't around when it happened so I don't know what the official answer as to why the arena is so impossible. Since it does indeed appear to be impossible to use it, I merely suggested this as an alternative because that instance is mostly dead. It's not needed for cultivation and the only quest you get in there is a pretty rare one because you have to coordinate with a squad of people to switch around orbs. I wasn't aware of the divine contract in there, but if they are going to take away a PVE instance it's a relatively small thing to give up compared to say Silver Frost and the ability of low levels and new players to get acquainted with the game in peace.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
Pusillanimous:
1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
Post edited by VenusArmani - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Did you forget? Devs in China make changes to the game, not PWE.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I can agree with this topic. :)
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Did you forget? Devs in China make changes to the game, not PWE.

They could still pass on the petition. Frankie said they are going to monitor it, this might help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I support this idea. Land of Burning Heart has always been a personal favorite part of the map of mine, along with Harshlands. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Mobs in sadistic have a half decent chance of landing the finishing blow on someone trying to kite when damn low on charm.

Not a good place.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Sadly, in the past almost 3 years of being on this forum. I can't remember one petition that made any difference in terms of game content.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Mobs in sadistic have a half decent chance of landing the finishing blow on someone trying to kite when damn low on charm.

Not a good place.

because being killed by a mob would just be the end of the world for you, i'm sure. why, you'd never live down the shame of having (shudder) done something vaguely remotely PvE-related.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sadly, in the past almost 3 years of being on this forum. I can't remember one petition that made any difference in terms of game content.

This.
    Packs World International
    edited September 2011

Not a good place.

They actually automatically reset when you run down the hall, and I've run through crowds of them and forced them to reset to get to other rooms without bothering to kill each one. And they could just modify the aggression so that they didn't attack unless attacked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011

Perfect Horn? Or is that not considered "game content"?
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The Cave of Sadistic Glee is a pretty good spot for a pk enabled instance. It already has a fitting decoration and surrounding around it. At least it says "pk" more than the pagoda of the Secret Passage.

However, as we already know, dealing with the devs back in China isn't the easiest thing to do. And true, forum petitions aren't always effective. At least we propose an alternative to the Secret Passage, frankie could pass on this suggestion to the devs and the rest of the staff.

The mobs in this instance are not so bad but they're pretty high in number and density. That, and a bunch of people pking around would really be a mess, although it could be very exciting! b:cute

Edit: The Perfect Horns were an abomination.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    They actually automatically reset when you run down the hall, and I've run through crowds of them and forced them to reset to get to other rooms without bothering to kill each one. And they could just modify the aggression so that they didn't attack unless attacked.

Fair enough idea.

@Lenie, yeah actually. Dying at 101 loses a days work, dying at 22 loses 15 minutes work.

~That said, our new secret passage is exp loss free as well now.
    edited September 2011
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the timers for TTs also extended through player petition?

Fair enough idea.

@Lenie, yeah actually. Dying at 101 loses a days work, dying at 22 loses 15 minutes work.

~That said, our new secret passage is exp loss free as well now.

That is very true, hopefully it would the same as SP with no exp loss, no items dropped, and flying enabled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Perfect Horn? Or is that not considered "game content"?

Horn was a Boutique item, which is one of the very few things PWE does have control over.
    edited September 2011
    @Lenie, yeah actually. Dying at 101 loses a days work,

or a guardian scroll. please don't even ask for this game company to let you have any fun for free, that'd just be too sad to even be funny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Not a good place.

I think this makes the choice of area even more entertaining. Getting someone killed by mobs is even more glorious than killing them.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Nice idea but why don't they just enable the old Arenas?

Come on the code is already there, and it has similarities to the PWIC Arena area. No loss in XP no drops blue names can PvP, no cost other than charm ticks, you can fly and use Nixes, and you can get to it in every major city (except new ones)

Arena 2008, I believe you got in just by talking to the Arena manager next to the unused lightning covered Arena platform in the Cities.
  • Alakai - Heavens Tear
    Alakai - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I find the name of the location very fitting for Open PK...So I agree.
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    or a guardian scroll. please don't even ask for this game company to let you have any fun for free, that'd just be too sad to even be funny.

With SP like it is, we ARE having fun for free, and China is a-OK with this b:cute

b:laugh Its like that stupid cube thread. Utterly pointless. You dont like how the game works, and think your opinion is somehow better than those who like it how it is.

Remind me, what happened about the cube again?
    edited September 2011
    Nice idea but why don't they just enable the old Arenas?

Come on the code is already there, and it has similarities to the PWIC Arena area. No loss in XP no drops blue names can PvP, no cost other than charm ticks, you can fly and use Nixes, and you can get to it in every major city (except new ones)

Arena 2008, I believe you got in just by talking to the Arena manager next to the unused lightning covered Arena platform in the Cities.

I'd prefer that too, but I was under the impression it was bugged somehow which is why they closed it in the first place. This suggestion wouldn't require very much work for them.
    With SP like it is, we ARE having fun for free, and China is a-OK with this b:cute

b:laugh Its like that stupid cube thread. Utterly pointless. You dont like how the game works, and think your opinion is somehow better than those who like it how it is.

Remind me, what happened about the cube again?

You can submit a ticket to be teleported to the room needed for culti, so long as someone else is there already.

And now i've been lower depth'd aka suggestion box b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'd prefer that too, but I was under the impression it was bugged somehow which is why they closed it in the first place. This suggestion wouldn't require very much work for them.
    From what I remember the reason given was that they thought there would be high levels camping and griefing the Arena, hence they brought out the dumb highly restrictive current Arena system which no one uses.

The only thing I can think is because they fired the old dev team, the new devs are too incompetent to flip a few switches to enable it, so they made up a lame excuse.
  • krittycat
    edited September 2011
    This thread will not be forgotten.b:cool
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Best choice is to reactivate the arena. With china not being allowed to have packs makes me wonder if their arenas were also deactivated like the ones here.
    edited September 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    This thread will not be forgotten.

translation: thread? what thread? we can't recall any thread.
  • Surekill - Heavens Tear
    Surekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    this ia a very good idea i for one don't like the way players camp in secert passage just to player kill someone for the hell of it. i for one hate pvp that why i come to a pve sever. and all the low lvs geting killing even though they don't lost exp... is just unfare. i realy like this. and hope they do something with it.
    my join date is off by 2 yearsb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • krittycat
    edited September 2011
    translation: thread? what thread? we can't recall any thread.

I didn't move this here, but I'm darn sure the one that made it a sticky, and I intend to leave my signature the way it is until this problem is fixed, one way or another.b:thanks
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    <_< ...Bumping this thread because 38 people agree, and I am one of them. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • krittycat
    edited September 2011
    <_< ...Bumping this thread because 38 people agree, and I am one of them. =)

No need to really bump it, Jeremied.b:chuckle

It's kind of... "stuck," if you know what I mean.b:mischievous
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    40 now b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
    edited September 2011
    So far people seem to like the idea. b:victory Considering this is in teh suggestion box, I'd say that shows how upset most people are about it. :P Although I still wonder why the arenas were closed, I've heard so many different answers to it. lol But I haven't been around since beta, so IDK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous: