A genuine new player sighting!

Options
2»

Comments

• SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What you didn't know was that this was an alt of someone who, like you, missed the days when people talked about game mechanics. When such knowledge could be exchanged and simultaneously contribute to a feeling that you were playing a new game, with new possibilities. Behind that was the feeling that this game had an endless amount of material to supply and an exhaustable pool of content. That person behind that alt wanted to feel that again, just like you do. But I'll be honest partner, those days are gone.

You literally read my mind. o.O
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I got bored of doing BH and quests so I decided to make some unusual build alts for fun...
    I've met about eight new players just by doing the quests in low level areas.

Most of them stopped logging in around level 28-35 though. b:sad
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I got bored of doing BH and quests so I decided to make some unusual build alts for fun...
    I've met about eight new players just by doing the quests in low level areas.

Most of them stopped logging in around level 28-35 though. b:sad

Don't tell me that regular questing was too hard and without much rewards, that CS was too expensive and that powerleveling was something out of reach to them... b:surrender Seriously, even at those levels, it remains enjoyable to bully mobs.

*half-sarcastic there*
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Don't tell me that regular questing was too hard and without much rewards, that CS was too expensive and that powerleveling was something out of reach to them... b:surrender Seriously, even at those levels, it remains enjoyable to bully mobs.

*half-sarcastic there*

Actually what I found funny was one barb friend I made asked me when the game got hard.
    I didn't really know how to answer that lolol. b:chuckle
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Actually what I found funny was one barb friend I made asked me when the game got hard.
    I didn't really know how to answer that lolol. b:chuckle

I'd reply by 'this is just the beginning, dude, just the beginning, you have seen NOTHING yet'. b:laugh

I guess people get bored too fast, especially that there are tons of other MMOs out there (it's about the same kind of thought people have about anything these days, really sad to witness that).
    That said, PWI has its reasons to be here still, but yes, this kind of gamers cannot scratch beyond the surface. Probably youngsters that get things without much effort/take all for granted/were born in the high-tech age.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I only started this game 2 days ago, but I have a question if I may ask.

Why can't I use any of the skills I've bought with my pataka equipped? They are all greyed out :S
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Why can't I use any of the skills I've bought with my pataka equipped? They are all greyed out :S

You need to get the handle mod to allow it to be used for barbarian skills. It's a reward from the fishing quest found in Dunbarton.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear
    Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

You need to refine it to +12. b:mischievous

Or better still... don't you know Magic Wands are the absolute best weapon for Barbs?
  • krovantis90
    krovantis90 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think it is still possible to encounter totally new players. Have yet to see one though, but i'm sure they exist, somewhere...

Im actually pretty new to playing MMORPG games. I play FPS games more. And I've been playing PWI for a week now, as of posting this. This is actually my first game in this genre.
  • Scuzeme - Dreamweaver
    Scuzeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    For one, I meet new players very regularly.
    There are 2 kinds which I meet.

1 . totally new players, asking me about the game mechanics,
    As I am not shy in farming low level mats , I regularly meet new players.
    Most of the time I see players which I just buff or heal.
    They will say thanks and then can I ask you something etc.

2. Players who are not new to the game but prgressing real slow, in other words, not very active, more casual players.
    I farm TT a lot aswell, just the other day someone was asking me to help them, he was looking for ultimate subs....
    I explained the 2 ways for them to get subs.
    2 hours later he pmed me, he actually went all the way to farm the mats needed for the sub.( he needed 2 lol) so I sponsored 1 and went into TT to help him.

I am much in the field and I will help when I can, always a chance to meet new people.
    b:victory
  • kelmore
    kelmore Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What you didn't know was that this was an alt of someone who, like you, missed the days when people talked about game mechanics. .

I wouldnt be to sure about that. I have been playing ...just over a month or so. (about 2 weeks before SP became the dead zone. Ok, 6 weeks, but still real new). I just tend not to talk or ask questions due to there always being some jerk that gets mean, or treats your question as some joke, and you never get an answer... So I just play alone, and figure things out for myself.