A genuine new player sighting!

Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear
Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
I was in Plume the other day and a Cleric asked me how he could get a Pet. I explained about pet classes Veno/Mystic and he actually asked how to create a different class.

Having seen so many low levels that are simply alts of existing players it was nice to actually see there was fresh blood in the game.

I wonder how long he will last?

Share your new player sightings! b:victory
Post edited by Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• ULMOS - Archosaur
    ULMOS - Archosaur Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What you didn't know was that this was an alt of someone who, like you, missed the days when people talked about game mechanics. When such knowledge could be exchanged and simultaneously contribute to a feeling that you were playing a new game, with new possibilities. Behind that was the feeling that this game had an endless amount of material to supply and an exhaustable pool of content. That person behind that alt wanted to feel that again, just like you do. But I'll be honest partner, those days are gone.
  • Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    What you didn't know was that this was an alt of someone who, like you, missed the days when people talked about game mechanics. When such knowledge could be exchanged and simultaneously contribute to a feeling that you were playing a new game, with new possibilities. Behind that was the feeling that this game had an endless amount of material to supply and an exhaustable pool of content. That person behind that alt wanted to feel that again, just like you do. But I'll be honest partner, those days are gone.

You ruined my fantasy b:cry
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think it is still possible to encounter totally new players. Have yet to see one though, but i'm sure they exist, somewhere...
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • r3d5
    r3d5 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    im on archosaur and new to the game, noone talks to me tho kinda sucks, coming from conquer wea its fully of egyptians so kinda use to it i guess haha, anyway hi!
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sets up the tree stand. Well we don't wanna spook the little guys do we. Watches until a sin in a rather dubious looking coat comes out of the shadows "psst.... hey you, yea new person... over here. I got what ya need". He opens his coat filled with hypers "Time for a little fix. Your going to FC NOW then your my little **** for ever. Whahaahahaaa!"

Or something like that lol
  • KingHudz - Archosaur
    KingHudz - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    wow i can actually imagine that hahaha spooky! luckily im not a total noob with mmo's and actually research the game while playing it, lil stuck on the upgrading of gear tho and when to start upgrading gear im guessin after like lvl 90?
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    wow i can actually imagine that hahaha spooky! luckily im not a total noob with mmo's and actually research the game while playing it, lil stuck on the upgrading of gear tho and when to start upgrading gear im guessin after like lvl 90?

Pretty much after 90 for the big refines and sharding. But feel free to do +2 +3 if you have the mirages and extra shards at any lvl. I used the random garnet ones I picked up till in the 70s when I started dropping in the flawless then immaculate ones on my 80s an 90s gear. Some will say don't do it at all but its always nice to see a tank with a bit of extra on his gear.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I actually bump into new people while doing my cultis on my tiny ones. I tell them to not bother reading the forum but rather go straight to the wiki.

Could you imagine if new players read about things that happen - such as this orb sale/unsale (which is still advertised on the site as a sale).

I LIKE to see new players in the game and try to help them out but they will eventually find their way to this forum and see the issues regarding the game.
    edited September 2011

Well welcome to the game. A real new player! b:pleased

If you mean upgrading by getting better gear, and not refining, at your level stick with the best gear you can buy from the merchants or get from quests.

Also the Elders Blessing gives you time limited really uber Sirius gear that will get you to level 30+. Weapons, you won't get any better than the time limited ones from the Stash, one at lvl 10 and one at lvl 20 I think.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sets up the tree stand. Well we don't wanna spook the little guys do we. Watches until a sin in a rather dubious looking coat comes out of the shadows "psst.... hey you, yea new person... over here. I got what ya need". He opens his coat filled with hypers "Time for a little fix. Your going to FC NOW then your my little **** for ever. Whahaahahaaa!"

b:shocked b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • BadBarb - Lost City
    BadBarb - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i was new like 2-3 months ago
    but i think 2-3 months still makes me new?

however i believe i am one of those "dreaded cs fellows who gets high level to fast" that all of you seem to dislike so much =[

I don't think i am entirely noob, but i ofc still am not all knowing as some of you may profess to be. x)

i try to read forums alot and learn what i can before asking stupid questions and getting yelled at b:laugh
    If at first you don't succeed,
    give up and eat some bacon.
  • imperialangel
    imperialangel Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    There aren't stupid questions just stupid listeners you can ask anything and if you are willing to learn then almost everyone is happy to help teach you :) we only object if you don't know, won't ask and don't listen to advice or learn from mistakes.
    Glad you joined hope your having fun :D
  • Narriru - Dreamweaver
    Narriru - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    When I was playing on the German server the other day, I had someone ask me (in german, of course), what they should do if they wanted to fly. I did my best to answer back about the level 30 flight quest. Google translate can only help so much lol b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    r3d5 wrote: »
    im on archosaur and new to the game, noone talks to me tho kinda sucks, coming from conquer wea its fully of egyptians so kinda use to it i guess haha, anyway hi!

I quit that game because of those deuce bags and also came here, I wonder if any English-speaking people remain there.
  • DarkPlaces - Harshlands
    DarkPlaces - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Last night I met a new player when I did my BH for my cleric alt. We were helped by a lvl 97 psy and talking about exp needed to level at 9x, and the guy was all "Wow that much!!!" - so I guess he doesn't have a high level main. And he had never been to fc, and he was baffled that my cleric got to level 55 within 18 days (I still have some of this sirius stuff). This was a really nice experience.
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    There's quite a few new players in the faction I'm in, they're really not all that uncommon. You'll meet quite a few during normal questing at the lower level areas too.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I was in Plume the other day and a Cleric asked me how he could get a Pet. I explained about pet classes Veno/Mystic and he actually asked how to create a different class.

Having seen so many low levels that are simply alts of existing players it was nice to actually see there was fresh blood in the game.

I wonder how long he will last?

Share your new player sightings! b:victory

It was probably a veteran, maybe even someone you know playing tricks and laughing "omg, he really thinks I'm some nub... cause everyone knows there aren't any real new users here anymore..."
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Maybe that me... b:quiet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I sometimes pretend to be a new player on my army of alts. I enjoy seeing veterans get all excited about it, telling me about genies and average citrine shards I should put in my gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
    edited September 2011
    I sometimes pretend to be a new player on my army of alts. I enjoy seeing veterans get all excited about it, telling me about genies and average citrine shards I should put in my gear.

Oooh, that is wicked, but it gives me an idea for when I'm bored. hehe
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Oooh, that is wicked, but it gives me an idea for when I'm bored. hehe

It's downright evil, but I get a kick out of it and a veteran gets his fill of nostalgic tears of joy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • KingHudz - Archosaur
    KingHudz - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    noob question about cash shop

im looking to start cash shopping next week and am wondering best item to buy that sells for the most in game?
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    When I get bored sometimes I fly around the starting areas of the original races and I buff newbies that quest in the area. I still get new players asking for genuine help on the basics of this game. Newbies still exist but their numbers are getting much smaller it seems.

:-/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • ResiaTri - Heavens Tear
    ResiaTri - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    With the faction I'm in....I tend to see a few genuine new players.
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    noob question about cash shop

im looking to start cash shopping next week and am wondering best item to buy that sells for the most in game?

Buy items on sale, then wait with selling them until a week or two after the sale. Otherwise, simply sell your gold just after a new sale has been anounced. Usually items like dragon orbs and wraith officer badges will be a healthy investment.
  • Eris - Dreamweaver
    Eris - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The other day, someone pmed me asking if I was able to help them out with leveling. The conversation was similar to this.:

guy: Hi, can you help me please?
    me: Sure, whats up?
    guy: People are calling me a noob because I am lvl 23
    guy: Someone told me to go to fc so I wont be a noob. Can you take me?
    me: um sorry, but I can't solo really. Well I could, but it would take a long while. Try people in WC.
    guy: I can be patient, I don't mind honest! PLEAAAASE I don't want to be a noob anymore. :(

Yeah.....so he was fine with being a normal questing person till someone called him a noob I guess.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2011

OMG me too, it's great fun, especially if I pretend like their pearls of wisdom put me in awe b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2011

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    cant see much of them

prolly cause they used the goons to mingle in with the higher lvls a week after they started the game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    One year back, I would have found that interesting... But these days, I don't bother with that kind of stories anymore.
    PWI is now pretty harsh to true newcomers, given the gold rate and other general conceptions on how to be '1337' (aps, -int, r9, demon path all the way, ways of leveling etc.), the latter 'ways of life' I don't follow at all.
    I was about to write about the forced PK mode in Secret Passage in PvE servers too, but since it will be restored to its original form...

This is even truer for those who really would believe the game is still F2P... It still is, but it's so darned difficult to get boutique items with coins that it's a bit of a lost cause. Despair would make them want to convert a few doses of whatever currency they got into zen (it's what devs and GMs aim for, right?), to get a few measly items.
    Seriously, 1.5m for ONE gold, are you kidding me?

I am glad I joined the game two years ago, so I know where I am aiming for... But also know my limits.
    I pity the newbs. b:surrender
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~