Account name/password wrong message? Read this!

Options

Comments

• VioletHeals - Momaganon
    VioletHeals - Momaganon Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    wolfy4ria wrote: »
    Guess what? I still have access to my registered email for my main account. I use that email account every day. And resetting my password is NOT EASY because The "forgot ID" process isn't sending me a reset email! GMs, any idea on this?

Sorry to hear that. PWI felt your account was on the risk of being unsafe so they decided to **** it for you and change your password to make you feel more safe. Who could possibly imagine that PWI hacking players accounts could lead to trouble....
  • vias111
    vias111 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If you are having trouble logging in and you are receiving the error message "Incorrect account name or password" please do not be alarmed.

Some accounts have had their password reset by our system for security purposes.

Please check your account's registered email for the password information.

When you create your new password, please create a brand new one - do not simply revert to the old one.

If you did not receive the password information email from us, please try using this "Forgot ID" link to retrieve your information: https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid

If you no longer have access to your account's registered email address, then first please try to recover this information from your email provider. If you are unable to do so, please email us at customerservice@perfectworldinc.com with the subject "Email Change Request". Once you verify your account information we will change your email for you so that you can proceed with the password change.

Thank you for your patience and support!
    This happened to me..............but the problem is now my email go **** and so i cant access it to get my password and so i lost all my chars (that i worked very hard to lvl up). Is there any chance of any sort of help or compensation???
  • shuvofysar
    shuvofysar Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I need help plz my main account seems to be banned, but i have not done anything that would result in a ban... plz help me out here b:cry
  • Darion_X - Raging Tide
    Darion_X - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    well, it seems like i still cant get on pw..or any of the other games
    tried the forgetid/pw
    tried to change password
    submitted a ticket
    nothing
    funny thing is i can get on my account on pw website, but cant get on pw the game
    mabye i got banned idk, never did anything to get banned in the first place though
    can anyone help me? b:beg
  • partyanimal
    partyanimal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    @vias111 only thing you can try it to request to have your email address changed on that account. End an email to the customer support link in your post with the title Request Email Change. That will put a ticket into them. They will send you an email asking for some o you account info so they can verify it. Dont reply to the emails as they wont get through. You have to make a new email with the info they request in it. Only problem is they don't work on the weekends :( Good luck to you. I'm waitig for them to send me an email saying they changed my email.
  • CuteButEvil - Harshlands
    CuteButEvil - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    so what happens if you cant get into that email cause you dont know its password? >.>
    b:victory
  • mythashi
    mythashi Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    "We can talk about compensation when the full scope of the issue is seen. Customer Service is currently working on all of your tickets, and we have a full crew working on it. They will get to your tickets as quickly as they can."

Yeah right b:chuckle
  • jessabomb11
    jessabomb11 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    chibisuke9 wrote: »
    Is that a "We got **** and we're afraid of telling so, but we couldn't leave the accounts vulnerable"?

This exactally what I thought!
    My password was reset as well. Thankfully though me being in Australia I was able to get in before everyone else obviously so was resolved by the next day. My account email is active and I NEVER got an email stating this would happen or had happened. Pretty shytte on your behalf PWi.
  • wyatt30
    wyatt30 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    recently i have sent tickets in reguards to my mains account. i cant login to my char,has been this way for 2wks goin on 3wks the solutions uguys gave doesnt help . even sent a ticket to request change of email for the account as my provider has deleted . my barb is 101 r8 i was on him that morning 1:30-2:45am cst went to work and come home and could not log on .i've tried live chat and sent emails to support . i'm startn to get lil upset at the lack of response .is there a way to contact support other than the ticket system cuz u guys keep sayin my emails show up as spam/junk pls help me resolve this issue
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    wolfy4ria wrote: »
    Guess what? I still have access to my registered email for my main account. I use that email account every day. And resetting my password is NOT EASY because The "forgot ID" process isn't sending me a reset email! GMs, any idea on this?

You'll need to send an email here: customerservice@perfectworldinc.com

The subject of your email should be: "Email Change Request"

You'll then be asked to verify your account.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    wyatt30 wrote: »
    recently i have sent tickets in reguards to my mains account. i cant login to my char,has been this way for 2wks goin on 3wks the solutions uguys gave doesnt help . even sent a ticket to request change of email for the account as my provider has deleted . my barb is 101 r8 i was on him that morning 1:30-2:45am cst went to work and come home and could not log on .i've tried live chat and sent emails to support . i'm startn to get lil upset at the lack of response .is there a way to contact support other than the ticket system cuz u guys keep sayin my emails show up as spam/junk pls help me resolve this issue

A GM told you that your emails show up as spam/junk? How did they say this, and were you emailing them at "customerservice@perfectworldinc.com"?
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey frankie, I have a question about the security measures in place. Are there security questions linked to your accounts now or will there be any in the future? At the moment the current protection against brute force appears to not be functioning correctly. Last night, I thought it was just my end but apparently other people have been having an issue with it too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • mooot
    mooot Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I want to change the registered mail at the site and I can not

I have sent a message to this mail but to no avail
    customerservice@perfectworldinc.com

I hope as soon change because the old email was robbed

b:cryb:cryb:cry
    [Imgur](
  • wyatt30
    wyatt30 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    answering your question frankie was told thru a email from pwi, then the ticket was closed .and yes have sent the emails to this sight still no answer other than the ticket which was closed .
  • Bladeelite - Harshlands
    Bladeelite - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I got my account back today tyvm b:kiss b:thanks

when you answer the question make new ticket (d'ont reply) with the same subject "Email Change Request" ,

i did copy on it the (Ticket #xxxxx-xxxxxx Requested Info‏ ) from the email where they asked some questions, then i answred it and it worked.

good luck guys, i hope you all get your accounts back too b:bye
  • evilsyn88
    evilsyn88 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    holy jesus...i sent an email just like you said frankie, with the email changing thing, and i still dont get any reply from anybody from pwi.

only thing i ever gotten was, that i should log on to the pwi site to change my password, which i cant cuz i cant log on to my pwi account. duh!
    next thing i got was if that doesnt work i should email the customerblahblah which i did and nothing ever came back.

will i ever get my account back, be honest?

i spend like 10k dollars on my account and now u guys wont let me play, customers arent most important anymore aye?
  • Coleyy - Lost City
    Coleyy - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    $10,000? You could've bought a car with that. Such a waste of money on a game.
  • animalized
    animalized Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I finally got my account email address changed but it took almost a week of playing email tag though. I know it might add to the hassles but having 1 set of logins and passwords for the website and another different set just to log into the game might make more sense. At least if you forgot one set you could at least play the game while trying to get the website login/password changed and if you forgot the game login/password then you could use the website to change it. Alll this **** and inconvinence and nobody knows what really happened. Even the people of PWI won't really tell us what really happened other than some peoples accounts might have had their account info stolen from a gold selling website. The way I figure If you were one of those people who went to that site and were dumb enough to give them your user info then you deserve to have your account messed up. Why punish the rest of us by changing our passwords and locking us out of the game and making the process so hard to get things done. So much lost time especially in the middle of the anniversary event. Good luck to all who STILL haven't got anything done using pwi's poor customer service. A week was too long to wait to get my account back. Many millions of coin and exp lost :(
  • evilsyn88
    edited September 2011
    Options
    $10,000? You could've bought a car with that. Such a waste of money on a game.

well i have my hobbies, and others buy and horse for it cuz its their hobby. but this is not part of the subject.

and omg u waited a week.... and u complain?!

i have been waiting for 1 freaking month now and i still cant log on my account. cuz pwi wont answer my emails.

FRANKIE TALK TO ME !! >.<
  • mooot
    mooot Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Why not get an answer

How do I change the email address on the site

The old stolen

I want to put the new Emily, but I can not

I hope to respond quickly

Can I change site management
    [Imgur](
  • douknowjello
    douknowjello Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    evilsyn88 wrote: »
    well i have my hobbies, and others buy and horse for it cuz its their hobby. but this is not part of the subject.

and omg u waited a week.... and u complain?!

i have been waiting for 1 freaking month now and i still cant log on my account. cuz pwi wont answer my emails.

FRANKIE TALK TO ME !! >.<

A month? The pw reset stuff only happened 10 days ago, lol.
  • evilsyn88
    edited September 2011
    Options
    A month? The pw reset stuff only happened 10 days ago, lol.

dude i cant log since one freaking month and facking support wont talk to me, yo.
    i dont know anything about password-reset blah blah, mine has been reseted weeks before that huge thing happened and i still didnt get an answer after lemme see....12 emails yo.

holy jesus guys rly i want my account back...
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    evilsyn88 wrote: »
    dude i cant log since one freaking month and facking support wont talk to me, yo.
    i dont know anything about password-reset blah blah, mine has been reseted weeks before that huge thing happened and i still didnt get an answer after lemme see....12 emails yo.

holy jesus guys rly i want my account back...
    So, basically you're emailing them almost every other day. Um.... You are aware that each addition to a ticket kicks it to the back of the line, right? I think I've found the problem. :-P

But seriously, if you haven't been able to log into your account since well before the numerous password resets about a week and a half ago, then your password wasn't reset by PWE. Instead, most likely one of two things happened:
    1) You were banned for some reason.
    2) Someone got your password from you and changed your password and email information.

I recommend being a bit more patient, and try not emailing them for a week so your ticket can get to the front of the line. Also, make sure that the email service that you're using isn't dumping the replies from support into a spam bucket (check your spam folder, if you have one). If they don't get back to you in a week, you might want to try contacting them from a different email service, just in case your email service is filtering out their replies, and inform PWE support that you're using a different email address because you aren't seeing replies at your other email address (make sure you include your old email address and ticket number in the text of the email).

Good luck, I hope that helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Frankie Frankie Frankie... WHAT?! ARE WE GOING TO DO WITH YOU?
    The same problems... Oh but it is China's fau... STOP right there. Stand up as an independent company and start making things work.

Medal Issue : Oh three months...
    FC Exploit : Oh three months...

I'll give you one example:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14311721&postcount=270

Here is me fixing up your server list and M-A-K-I-N-G your servers 'WORK'. Now see if Shatter Monkey can do that. So that PLAYERS with connection issues can see their ping times or alternatively log into your server. I also noticed over the past week your server has been a tad flimsy logging in via the website and says the "page wasn't found" which says someone got into your system.

That is an indication somewhere in the PHP you've been jipped @ any rate. I've basically put this account into hiatus. I appreciate the work your currently doing. The ring crafitng is 'Ok' Im cool with that. But if your system just gets ****. I mean seriously WTF?

If anyone would like past proof of proof server lists I've got them in my Core Connect and I'd be happy to share *proof* of how a server list could be better.

If I can't trust you with my character account... How can I trust you with my real life details? HOW _ CAN _ I _ TRUST YOUR COMPANY _ WITH MY BANKING DETAILS? My credit card DETAILS? Hmmm?....

Frankie be jake with me and tell me. How _ can I _trust_ you as a company to continually do business with you?

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Shazaama - Harshlands
    Shazaama - Harshlands Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    my fiance tried log on his acct yesterday afternoon, after being on it just fine in the morning. only to get wrong name or password bs. so he goes to the site and logs in and gets told he's banned and cant even submit a ticket about it wtf is that. a week ago i got **** right after maintenece mind you, and here he is banned right after maintenece as well. a week apart. hmmmm somethings fishy here. and no response to my ticket after 8 days now. certainly starting to sound like something has been compromised, from within the company itself. all your doing by ignoring people's cries for help is driving them away along with there wallets. as well as any chance of them ever getting any more of there friends to join this game. why should they. compromised accounts running rampant, no customer service at all, no acknowledgement of any kind what so ever, yet take our hard earned dollars freely. sorry, but not this girl any more, i'd rather spend my money on a private server where there's actual security in place to protect the gamers/customers, and who have active gm's in game as well as in forums ect. pwi has gone downhill in the almost 3 years i been here, sad to say but true. ignore all customers, expect detailed information when we cant even be guarenteed your site is even safe at this point, much less the login screen, yet give us nothing in return. not good business tactics thats for sure. banning and/or resetting people's passwords on them without notice is horrible. to cause and create such panic and the potential for eventual loss is unforgivable. did you expect all of them to make new accounts and dump more money into a now broken game and company. i guess your allowed to hope for such, but not from me. i want my fiance's account release a.s.a.p. i want my items taken from me returned. i am not asking for miracles, just fairness, i want back what i paid for, that your compromised situation led me to loose. plain and simple.
    have a great day.
  • Arjunro - Heavens Tear
    Arjunro - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What if i can't access the email that the banned account was linked to? apparently i can't get to any of my yahoo accounts..
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What if i can't access the email that the banned account was linked to? apparently i can't get to any of my yahoo accounts..
    Use Yahoo's password recovery system to get back into your Yahoo accounts.

If that doesn't work, the first post in this thread explains how to change the email address associated with your account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • ThunderBuns - Heavens Tear
    ThunderBuns - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    all this hooplah about the ticketing system just doesnt work when they ban your account outright for BS reasons...and then customer service doesnt respond to emails...so we are forced with little other option than spaming the customer service e-mails...

what else are we supposed to do?

b:angry tired of my account being banned because you say Texas is a banned region b:angry b:sad
  • Zave - Harshlands
    Zave - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    seriously you people STILL havent gotten this problem fixed? i have their CA telephone number guys. if you get bored with sending emails, you can start leaving phone messages. they dont answer their phones either b:chuckle
  • ThunderBuns - Heavens Tear
    ThunderBuns - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    seriously you people STILL havent gotten this problem fixed? i have their CA telephone number guys. if you get bored with sending emails, you can start leaving phone messages. they dont answer their phones either b:chuckle

this comes as no surprise b:chuckle