Account name/password wrong message? Read this!

Comments

• \//eyron - Heavens Tear35
    \//eyron - Heavens Tear35 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    BTW I'm back to Trolling the forums.......still no emailb:cry

Poor Mods b:shutup

I still do not find it acceptable to just change passwords with that lack of information we had. Even now, we have gotten no answer to: Why did you guy's need to do this? Is it because of the goldsellers and what on? If it is, I can tell you, He/She/It/They're still on HT server. Though not as spamatastisk as before.
  • Salyda - Heavens Tear
    Salyda - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The major issue that I am having with this madness is that this all could have easily been avoided with some kind of notice on the website. All someone had to do put a message stating that they were going to reset passwords in x amount of days and that we could use the new email update system to make sure our addresses were correct. Only reason I never updated my email was because it made you submit a ticket and wait for someone to change it for you rather than having it automated like pretty much every other game out there.
  • Cacilie - Heavens Tear
    Cacilie - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2011

I still do not find it acceptable to just change passwords with that lack of information we had. Even now, we have gotten no answer to: Why did you guy's need to do this? Is it because of the goldsellers and what on? If it is, I can tell you, He/She/It/They're still on HT server. Though not as spamatastisk as before.

The new update that shows latest IP adresses, thats a reason; they say accounts with more than one active IP adress logging onto the account got a password reset. Even though they should have emailed us saying "You have another person active on your account, respond if you would like your password reset" or something like that. b:chuckle

BTW not poor mods, since when is it such a hardship to do your job...?
  • jack0607991
    jack0607991 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011

what can i say. they banned all my other accounts, and i cant log my main. i'm bored. fix my account let me back in the game, and i'll simply go away, back into where i wanna be doing what i do best. Killing Carebears b:chuckle
  • kondors
    kondors Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Maybe I am too cynical here, but the reason given to me for my password reset was something along the lines of, "too much access from a known hacking network"

Thats a crock for the record.. but there IS a recurring theme and several people have had posts removed /edited on the original threads.

Hypothetical situation...

You work for PWI and are faced with a long weekend during which a lot of ppl will famr nirvana causing potential server overloads and issues.

You dont want to get dragged into work over your holiday to rescue an overworked server.

So... you do a search for all the people that gained Rank8 in the past "x" number of weeks / months// and what do you do?

You render their accounts inaccessible for the weekend thus limiting server traffic and ensuring your butt remains firmly on your couch.

It is hypothetical but a great many people with issues are people who WOULD have farmed nirvana..

Cynic ??? or psychic?? :)
  • Cacilie - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    kondors wrote: »
    Cynic ??? or psychic?? :)

I thought I was the psychic b:cute
    edited September 2011
    The new update that shows latest IP adresses, thats a reason; they say accounts with more than one active IP adress logging onto the account got a password reset. Even though they should have emailed us saying "You have another person active on your account, respond if you would like your password reset" or something like that. b:chuckle

BTW not poor mods, since when is it such a hardship to do your job...?

Now that's just bull****, there's only me on my account b:lipcurl
  • Cacilie - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Okkay Kondors has his account back, but now we want to talk about compensation. Like; ASAP.
  • jack0607991
    edited September 2011
    what the hell Frankie on a Union break?

Start a new thread so the other thread can fall down the page and be forgotten. great idea now no one remembers why the original thread got outta hand?

Your lack of response is gonna bring this 1 to an even worse lvl. b:angry
  • kondors
    kondors Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I finally have my account back thank you.. after a lot of unnecessary hardship.

I am glad to have got a resolution to the initial problem of resets, but the fundamental issues remain to be addressed.

Frankie you responded to my post regarding compensation by saying that it would be talked about once the extent was known and implications etc.

The discussion regarding what compensation should consist of is something to address later I agree..

but again you miss / ignore the point.

What I would expect from an adequate customer service is a statement that those people inconvenienced and denied service WOULD be compensated.

This is something that SHOULD have been said the minute there was a known problem. The extent and composition can be left til later... but the intent to compensate should have been mentioned immediately.

How about the company investing in a consultancy fee to obtain professional advice on how to run a customer service department?

It isnt like they arent making money from us hand over fist second by second.

(Sincerely... someone who doesnt reside in California)
  • Cacilie - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    kondors wrote: »
    (Sincerely... someone who doesnt reside in California)

b:chuckleb:chuckleb:coolb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • jack0607991
    edited September 2011
    i see, frankie was only avalible while he was deleting the original thread. now the threads gone and so is frankie, so much for support! b:cry
    edited September 2011
    i see, frankie was only avalible while he was deleting the original thread. now the threads gone and so is frankie, so much for support! b:cry

Not a chance, he's busy getting spammed in another topic b:quiet

I'm sure there'll be an answer "soon"? Was that the word? b:laugh
  • Salyda - Heavens Tear
    Salyda - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    just got a support reply and all i can say is WTF.

1. How am I supposed to log in to that account for the ticket when you guys have my password?

2. You expect me to remember both the security question and the answer with no hint as to what either is?

3. I am also supposed to know the random nickname i have that I rarely see or pay attention too cuz until this incident i havent logged into this site much at all?

This is beyond retardation, something told me I wasnt getting my account back.
  • Sanna - Momaganon
    Sanna - Momaganon Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What should we do if we dont want to change our password? Will PWI continue to force this action on us at other times? Will they fail to send out the emails with new passwords that time too?

pwi is watching you
  • jack0607991
    edited September 2011
    ^^^^ Frankie is at lunch..........hope it gives him heartburn! b:angry never got the email explaining why you banned my other accounts either Frankie, seems that you can only EVER
    do half of a job.

have yet to see you actually get something right to be realistic
    and your the paid professional b:laugh

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 5.5.2 RCPT TO syntax error. Please check the message recipient customerservice@perfectworldinc.com. and try again.

Frankie did the DEV's fix everyone else's account then shut down the mail box so they dont have to be bothered by me?

FRANKIE WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO REPLY TO ME.......IVE GOTTEN ALL MY TICKETS RESPONDED TO EXCEPT FOR THE 1 INVOLVING MY R8 b:angry WHICH MEANS THAT THE SUPPORT TEAM IS IGNORING ME! I WANT AN ANSWER, OR IMMA LIGHT UP THE PHONE AGAIN!
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2011

I'm right here, and so is the original thread.
  • jack0607991
    edited September 2011
    I'm right here, and so is the original thread.

any chance on you getting me back on my main so i can get outta this forum **** and get back to grabbing my keys, nirvana's and killing carebears? i would love to stop bugging you!
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If you are having trouble logging in and you are receiving the error message "Incorrect account name or password" please do not be alarmed.

Some accounts have had their password reset by our system for security purposes.

Please check your account's registered email for the password information.

When you create your new password, please create a brand new one - do not simply revert to the old one.

If you did not receive the password information email from us, please try using this "Forgot ID" link to retrieve your information: https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid

If you no longer have access to your account's registered email address, then first please try to recover this information from your email provider. If you are unable to do so, please email us at customerservice@perfectworldinc.com with the subject "Email Change Request". Once you verify your account information we will change your email for you so that you can proceed with the password change.

Thank you for your patience and support!

I have clicked the forgot password button several times and submitted a ticket, yet I'm still not getting any response back!!! The only way that I could even log on here is through Facebook!!!!!!!
  • jack0607991
    edited September 2011
    @ XDracona - Heavens Tear

how did you do that 1? use the facebook to log into the site i mean???
    edited September 2011
    Since my account and facebook are on the same email I clicked the "log in with facebook" option.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have clicked the forgot password button several times and submitted a ticket, yet I'm still not getting any response back!!! The only way that I could even log on here is through Facebook!!!!!!!

Did you try the "Forgot ID" link?

https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid

Please give the GM's some time to get to your ticket - they are working as quickly as they can.
    edited September 2011
    Did you try the "Forgot ID" link?

https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid

Please give the GM's some time to get to your ticket - they are working as quickly as they can.

Yes I tried that one also and it's not working!
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Never in my life has any of my accounts EVER been ****...and now because some idiotic love blind dudes and gals that pass their password around like a torch to 20 people and then complain "about being ****", you do the wrong action.

PWE company is the first one to has ever **** and changed any of my passwords.
    Thank you b:victory

How the hell am i supposed to remember a security question, that i COULD NOT even set myself as to what to ask - remember now after 3 years?
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • jack0607991
    edited September 2011
    7 days now.......and still i cant play a game that i pay for.......yay b:angry
  • Sanna - Momaganon
    Sanna - Momaganon Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    PWE/PWI is the first to ever **** my account too anywhere on the web

Grats!
    edited September 2011
    I have received an email...finally. :) ty
  • missytrouble
    missytrouble Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    got my account info update email......not entirely sure i remember all the names to the account myself b:shocked:b
  • ronbade
    ronbade Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Did as first post ask and submitted ticket to have email address updated to new one in order to get the reset password. My response asked me for information I do not remember anymore and then to LOGIN to submit the information I do not remember to an account I can not LOGIN to.

I have never had any password changed without my consent anywhere. I just don't want to say anymore...
  • Zave - Harshlands
    Zave - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    b:victory THX PWE got my account back.......zave........sry im horrible about being patient!b:surrender and now im outta here!!!! good luck everyone else!
    b:kiss