Constant harrasing

Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
Probably this will get a "submit a ticket" kinda answer (and I just did that) but I want to know the people's view on what to do with this. I will try make story short leaving names out.

Over a year ago, my current gf went out with some guy (we name him "x"), that had just dumped his gf at that time (let's call her "y" ), my gf broke up with him to then start going out with me and telling "x" she didn't want nothing to do with him anymore. Simple so far ?

Now, "y" since a year is constantly harrassing me thinking i'm that mysterious "x" guy that just powerleveled a toon, saying she will retrace my IP, my e-mail and all that ****. I blacklisted many of her chars and she still makes alts to keep harrassing me. She ("y") even sent me today a in-game mail (she can't send me a real one, she doesn't even know it as I don't even know who she is O.o) saying she will bring me to court, that I cannot escape the long side of the law, bla bla. I submitted another ticket today with a screenshot of the mail she sent me. She has a serious case od mistaken idendity versus me and this is becoming pure psychological harrasment hinderuing my gameplay experience even if i have NOTHING to do with her. The constant harrassing, thinking i'm someone else, sending me threats to find me real life, make me pay for whatever she thought "x" did to her is gettign seriously old.

I am actually starting to think to persue that person (if I ever find her real life name, where she lives etc..as I have NO CLUE who she is) for psychological damage and messing up with my in-game experience.

She and her actual in-game bf are well known on my server to stir **** up thinking everyone is after her husband and such. Without naming them, I think people from RT can start to draw a picture of who they can be.

So what do I do now ? I make place on my blacklist to blacklist anyone pming me non-sense ? I wait for a automated ticket response saying "We will check into the matter, plz use the blacklist meanwhile ?" If we could name those people, i'm sure 1/2 my server would say "oh yeah we know those, they are trouble makers, bla bla", something should be done about that, cause ALMOST EVERYDAY I see them get on someone else's case thinking they are a certain person and thinking they are better then anyone else.

Really, even if what "y" says to me in pm and mail is complete non-sense, I seriously think of asking compensation for that constant harrasing. I am NOT who she claims I am (and gm's can verify my infos/e-mail and check with her and they will see) and this is seriously driging me nuts. Will my blacklist become full of just her alts ? Do I really have to un-blacklist people that I want left on it cause of a loser like that ?

b:surrender
Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
Post edited by Sir_Puma - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Naime/ - Sanctuary
    Naime/ - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    o.o.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life is like a pie...
    Sometimes you want to enjoy it, and other times you want to shove it into someone's face. -.-

I LOVE YOU ALLEN!!!! ^.^
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Probably this will get a "submit a ticket" kinda answer (and I just did that) but I want to know the people's view on what to do with this. I will try make story short leaving names out.

Over a year ago, my current gf went out with some guy (we name him "x"), that had just dumped his gf at that time (let's call her "y" ), my gf broke up with him to then start going out with me and telling "x" she didn't want nothing to do with him anymore. Simple so far ?

Now, "y" since a year is constantly harrassing me thinking i'm that mysterious "x" guy that just powerleveled a toon, saying she will retrace my IP, my e-mail and all that ****. I blacklisted many of her chars and she still makes alts to keep harrassing me. She ("y") even sent me today a in-game mail (she can't send me a real one, she doesn't even know it as I don't even know who she is O.o) saying she will bring me to court, that I cannot escape the long side of the law, bla bla. I submitted another ticket today with a screenshot of the mail she sent me. She has a serious case od mistaken idendity versus me and this is becoming pure psychological harrasment hinderuing my gameplay experience even if i have NOTHING to do with her. The constant harrassing, thinking i'm someone else, sending me threats to find me real life, make me pay for whatever she thought "x" did to her is gettign seriously old.

I am actually starting to think to persue that person (if I ever find her real life name, where she lives etc..as I have NO CLUE who she is) for psychological damage and messing up with my in-game experience.

She and her actual in-game bf are well known on my server to stir **** up thinking everyone is after her husband and such. Without naming them, I think people from RT can start to draw a picture of who they can be.

So what do I do now ? I make place on my blacklist to blacklist anyone pming me non-sense ? I wait for a automated ticket response saying "We will check into the matter, plz use the blacklist meanwhile ?" If we could name those people, i'm sure 1/2 my server would say "oh yeah we know those, they are trouble makers, bla bla", something should be done about that, cause ALMOST EVERYDAY I see them get on someone else's case thinking they are a certain person and thinking they are better then anyone else.

Really, even if what "y" says to me in pm and mail is complete non-sense, I seriously think of asking compensation for that constant harrasing. I am NOT who she claims I am (and gm's can verify my infos/e-mail and check with her and they will see) and this is seriously driging me nuts. Will my blacklist become full of just her alts ? Do I really have to un-blacklist people that I want left on it cause of a loser like that ?

The the crazy *****'s IP, hire a detective, get her address, and since she's threatening you with legal hooplah, file the lawsuit first. She's basically breaking the law by telling you she'll take you to court then not doing it, mistaken identity or not. She'll feel like a real moron when she's telling a judge that 'yes, I did send all of these harassing emails in game', 'no, I didn't REALLY know who this person was', and then gets handed a bunch of community service and has her internet privileges revoked by a court of law.

Or you could submit a ticket, and PWE will sit there and look stupid, and you'll just have to keep blacklisting the *****.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Noriliza - Sanctuary
    Noriliza - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Well I can find several things wrong with this part of your post, but most importantly that could almost be taken as a real life threat, and if this person is as much of a troublemaker as you claim then thats not the kind of things you want to say in a public forum or out loud in any manner, all it takes is one false claim on her part and your in the palms of her hands, and in law enforcements as well.

On a side note I too have been the victim of countless forms of harrassment in this game and others, and one thing I have learned, is you are exactly where they want you. complaining in-game and now on the forums, until they get in trouble you are their number one priority, I mean how hard is it to just ignore them? blacklist them, who cares if they make alts after alts....report them for multi-accounting or whatever its called...surely they can only at most make 16 characters per human...after that its free game to claim that either they are making numerous accounts(which is bannable past 2 if Im not mistaken). there are several ways for you to get back at them without even giving them the satisfaction of knowing that it bothers you.
    The the crazy *****'s IP, hire a detective, get her address, and since she's threatening you with legal hooplah, file the lawsuit first. She's basically breaking the law by telling you she'll take you to court then not doing it.

lol some people take this game way too seriously....are you seriously advising him to take legal action for some annoying emails in a game?

if thats the case Im gonna file a class action vs all the scam shops in arch

woot IMMMMMM RICCCCCCHHHHH BIIIIIATCH!!!!

please someone be that guy who spends 10000s on a lawyer to sue some 16 yr old kid who can just blame the A.D.D./Bi-Polar/Depression anyways

god use your heads people
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Copied from the top of the forum ads, I knew this was really pwusa
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Guess I will just wait on the ticket answer hoping it's a human response.

I don't have the financial means anyway to hire a detective, retrace IP and all that stuff.

Mostly wanted to get it out and see if it ever happened to someone else and what they did about it.

I do not take game too seriously (if that part was meant for me) , it is just very bothersome and I hope it can be dealt with, or that gm's come up with a blacklist extension stones. Right now it's pretty much filled with "noob-powerlevelers", people I did runs with and proved in-game they didn't have a clue how to play their chars, don't really want to take them out and go into squad wipes. Exemple : Lvl 100 seeker rushing a boss and just using vortex and claiming they are pros.. Debuffs ? What the hell is that ?
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    PM me her ingame name on forums... I will get on RT and start sending her mail and pms at least 10 times a day :) I am looking for better ways to use my game time so... just let me know!

Some people just need a dose of their own medicine b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    There's so many psychos and WC drama queens on RT that it's hard to be certain who you're referring to, but do please feel free to PM me her name. b:chuckle

She's clearly psychotic. Honestly if I were you I'd just laugh at her. Regardless of whatever "X" did or did not do, she can't do a thing to you, as she has absolutely no idea who you really are. Basically she's just talking out her rear end and can't do anything to back it up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Troll her back.

There is so much entertainment you could get out of trolling someone like that.

Just a though
    b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • BlubZ - Heavens Tear
    BlubZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    wait...wat? this made mah day ty b:chuckle
    edited September 2011
    lol some people take this game way too seriously....are you seriously advising him to take legal action for some annoying emails in a game?

if thats the case Im gonna file a class action vs all the scam shops in arch

woot IMMMMMM RICCCCCCHHHHH BIIIIIATCH!!!!

please someone be that guy who spends 10000s on a lawyer to sue some 16 yr old kid who can just blame the A.D.D./Bi-Polar/Depression anyways

god use your heads people

b:quiet He might get a free car or something out of it (settlement or such)...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Badburton - Lost City
    Badburton - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    wtf. The first question is...

You date online? b:cold
    y r8s and r9 die to 9x?

y?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    My simple case:
    I help a lowbie and be friend for few days. After awhile i am starting to get busy. Maybe these lowbie feel neglected... then start spamming me with whisper each time i am log in. I deleted the lowbie from friend list, but i think the lowbie create new alt then proceed to become my friend again. For 2 year non stop this lowbie keep spamming me with various alt. b:thanks (not PWI server)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011

lol, I didn't come to date online, this is a game. it just happened that AFTER starting to hang out with a lovely clerc in game it elaborated into something bigger. (Msn, Vent, cam, phone, real life) see ?
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2011

I met my husband while playing FFXI.

Sometimes, it works out! b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlubZ - Heavens Tear
    BlubZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    am sry but i cant stop laughing :D
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Badburton i met my rl gf over pwi and shes prego now ^_^ we been together over a year

@op pm me her name ill troll her as well on RT sever
  • Pyroatheist - Lost City
    Pyroatheist - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    b:quiet He might get a free CHRONOBIKE or something out of it (settlement or such)...

Fixed That For You
    Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    lol pretty sure i know who u talking about, PM me tha name just to be sure tho
    but if it realy is who i think it is then its one of the most idiotic couples on RT who litterally try to pick on ANYONE for any reason and are pretty hated throughout the entire server
    b:chuckle
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011

quit her and problem solved. and dude why the hell do you take a game so serious? she's not your gf, this is internet, "she" maybe a guy, she maybe just playing with you, and do you really in love with toon? or you just one of those as called no lifers who want serious relationships in game? you know, you cant really do some things through game, like ... um... nvm. never understood this bull****...

and about harrasing... can't you just ignore her? she will get tired and quit. she doing that because you responding. just ignore.
  • Amup - Raging Tide
    Amup - Raging Tide Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    quit her and problem solved. and dude why the hell do you take a game so serious? she's not your gf, this is internet, "she" maybe a guy, she maybe just playing with you, and do you really in love with toon? or you just one of those as called no lifers who want serious relationships in game? you know, you cant really do some things through game, like ... um... nvm. never understood this bull****...

I'm not posting from good account, but u forgot to read the part that we talked on phone/cam and MET real life and are a real life couple. You know living together and stuff ? Oh yeah right, she could be a man...
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Man can change into woman and vice versa. b:shutup
    Australia recently allow transgender to choose X gender for their passport. b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Tagi_ - Dreamweaver
    Tagi_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It's inevitable given there's real people involved that there will always be drama but the best advice I can give is turn it into your own entertainment instead of letting it get to you, if it's unavoidable. Generally a blacklist and e-mail filter suffice. Unfortunately there's a number of people who take the internet way too seriously.
    I'm not posting from good account, but u forgot to read the part that we talked on phone/cam and MET real life and are a real life couple. You know living together and stuff ? Oh yeah right, she could be a man...
    Remember Ace Ventura.. gun in pants.. you never know til you know. b:avoid

I'm pretty sure the woman I met from this game, married, and she's preggers and in her 39th week.. very likely a man.
  • Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I believe there are only a few people those two didnt harass yet. I actually have a really good laugh everytime i get those PMs, cause really... its just hilarious how screwed up their heads must be.
    Blacklist really helps tho if you cant take it anymore.
    Also, never forget, they know just as much about you, as you know about them. Nothing (they really dont, they just think they do).
    Dont be scared or let them influence you in any bad way. You can screenshot the conversations and send in a ticket for harassement if it doesnt stop, if it happens a couple of times they can get banned temporarily (maybe even perma if it keeps going).
    However, if they dont switch to countless Alts, blacklist really is your solution here. Not telling you to blacklist everyone that talks ****, but since it does seem to bother you and your GF so much, that really might be the only way.

My advice tho: take it with humor, have a laugh at their stupidity together with your GF b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Wait...

You're a guy?!?!?! b:question

If the answer to that question is yes, proceed to #2.

#1. Take screenshots of any mail contents and chat logs, submit a short and concise (not your long wall of text you posted here) message explaining this in a ticket. Blacklist the individual and log any activities so you may report it in your response to their response to you. This could take a few days, weeks, months... don't be discouraged. Be patient and don't submit multiple tickets.

#2. Grow some balls and man up.

#2a. If that doesn't work for you, (for many spineless people, manning up isn't a viable option, then) invite them both to squad, tell them both to F*** off and that you have no interest with either of them and that you wish them and all of their relatives to be anally ***** by the thug minority of your choice before they reach out to save each other's life in-game while they both die in a real life fire and make sure to repeat this on vent, in world chat, guild chat, squad chat and common chat for the next week or so. Eventually they'll get tired of you picking on them.

edit: b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Amup - Raging Tide
    Amup - Raging Tide Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Bah, still forgot to switch to my main account to post.. b:surrender

Surprising how many people of the server i'm on know who I am talking about. But anyway, ticket sent, still in "open" state. Won't come back to say what I got as answer (can't disclose that here).

Maybe we shoudl start a petition in the RT forums just to see how many people love/hate that "odd couple" lol

Puma over and out, thread can be close, was mainly a way to see what to do, suggestion and if happened to others. Nothing really can be added as already some posts derailled off topic.

*Turns on the Mod signal"

You can close this thread

/thread
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011

are you the same guy (Sir_Puma)? then what is this:

ok, maybe I missunderstood something. though this is the same person you talking about.
  • Kittsuko - Sanctuary
    Kittsuko - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    One fine day...

Y: *Nonsensical stuff*
    You: Hey how you doing, your application for my blacklist is approved. Have a nice day.

Delete older known alt of Y and insert new.

Don't stress yourself over these things.
  • _Kahlan_ - Raging Tide
    _Kahlan_ - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Is it bad that Ive been playing on RT for 2 years and have no idea who this "couple" is lol? For the OP, just have fun with it. Alot of people forget this is a game and seriously it cant hurt you. The most you can do is have fun with it, blacklist or switch servers/games. Good luck
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    are you the same guy (Sir_Puma)? then what is this:

ok, maybe I missunderstood something. though this is the same person you talking about.

Yah you misunderstood. I know 100% who my gf is for living with her now, i dunno who is Harassming me so much. Is that clearer ?

Thought this thread would be gone by now.
    edited September 2011
    Yah you misunderstood. I know 100% who my gf is for living with her now, i dunno who is Harassming me so much. Is that clearer ?

Thought this thread would be gone by now.

You got the forum's panties in a bunch. o.x

The relationship experts all want their opinions to be correct, so... make something up to appease half them and **** the other half off and be done with it, or something... IDK.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level