[Announcement] Mysterious Chips & Wraith Officer's Badge being removed from DQ Shop

Options
frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Hey all,

Our developers have asked us to remove the Rank-attaining items from the DQ Shop.

This means that, in 24 hours, the Mysterious Chips and Wraith Officer's Badge will no longer be available for purchase with DQ points.

The devs' reasoning in this matter is that they are working on some new content involving gear, and they want to eliminate certain methods for obtaining Rank stuff, at least temporarily.

We'll see if we can get them back in at some point in the future, but for now I'm afraid they'll have to be removed. The good news is that the DQ shop will be updated again next month with at least one new item, and it's a good one.

These items (Mysterious Chips and Wraith Officer's Badges) will be removed at 5pm PDT on 9-16-11.

Those who were planning on buying them should purchase them now, before it is too late.

Thanks all, and I'm sorry about this inconvenience.
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• faketremz
    faketremz Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I lol'd. Read my PM Frankie.
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    the chips and Badges have gone the way of the medals.. never to be seen again
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well, this shouldn't cause any complaints.

A lot of players have those items in bulk already, selling in very large amounts to the public.

Anyways, thx for the warning, I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Bloyse - Heavens Tear
    Bloyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Could have warned us this when it happened to the medals...
    ALSO KNOWN AS Bloysius Fliiiickingsly, Esquire

~Almost original Tao member & Former Tao Director ~
    ~ Former Enrage Executor ~

Bloyse - 101 Wizard - Wizard of Fliiick

>Official Mr. Grammar of HT< according to DarkFury
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think when it came to medals not even Frankie had time to say anything because it was a last minute decision.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The devs' reasoning in this matter is that they are working on some new content involving gear, and they want to eliminate certain methods for obtaining Rank stuff, at least temporarily.

Soo frankie does this mean they will no longer be sold in the CS ? or just another way to stop people getting them for free, plz be honest now because if they return to the CS before they are re-added to the DQ items then just selling us another line of Bull
  • StormDragoon - Sanctuary
    StormDragoon - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ROFL? The way to get those badges and mysterious chips would take so long, u are better off farming for coins rather than DQ. But lol...keep taking away the ability to farm from the game...
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I actually like this, A LOT. To me rep should have never been in boutique. Reputation in game, should have always been something that wa smeant to be "earned" by good deeds. Helping on fb's, gathering darkness stamps, trading in warsong emblems and such. (Read : Not purchasable, by money earned in real life either)

I am excited on this "new content involving gear", and wish to have more news on that soon.
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

I am excited on this "new content involving gear", and wish to have more news on that soon.

Its probably the recasting of rank 8 and 9 gears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i Actually Like This, A Lot. To Me Rep Should Have Never Been In Boutique. Reputation In Game, Should Have Always Been Something That Wa Smeant To Be "earned" By Good Deeds. Helping On Fb's, Gathering Darkness Stamps, Trading In Warsong Emblems And Such. (read : Not Purchasable, By Money Earned In Real Life Either)

I Am Excited On This "new Content Involving Gear", And Wish To Have More News On That Soon.

X1000
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I actually like this, A LOT. To me rep should have never been in boutique. Reputation in game, should have always been something that wa smeant to be "earned" by good deeds. Helping on fb's, gathering darkness stamps, trading in warsong emblems and such. (Read : Not purchasable, by money earned in real life either)

Read the post again. All it says is "DQ Shop", nothing about the boutique.

And the last time "the devs said", we ended up with Medals being in Boutique only.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I actually like this, A LOT. To me rep should have never been in boutique.

but they havent said they will not be putting them back in the boutique just removing them from the dq itmes

does this also mean you will be removing the option to trade tokens for rep and chips ? or are they cash shop so safe ?
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What ****** would buy those for DQ points?

God DAMN PWE is sucking at life today b:shocked
  • Brialli - Lost City
    Brialli - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I just hear from a Gm that they are canceling rank sales and not sale rank anymore WTH whats with that/ thats bull what about everyone else if u do that u will not only lose half the servers but ppl arent gonna play anymore and quit and move other games thats **** up seriouslyb:angry
  • jimbillybob46310
    jimbillybob46310 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    TOO BAD u can BET YOUR A$$ they will be back in CS.
    But then u gotta buy gold either with RL cash or pay the fees to buy it in game.
    Either way its just means MORE CASH for them.
    Cant spent RL $$$? OH SORRY THEN WE CANT HELP YOU.
    b:laugh

i laugh but in reality RIP PWI!!!
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I would not be surprised if they don't sell rank items in CS anymore. From what I heard from my PWIC fronds that went to China, China is rather upset that there are so many rank 9 characters on our servers. On the Chinese server, which is I think one of the few servers besides ours that even has the rank 9 gear, there are very few characters that have rank 9 to begin with. Meanwhile our servers are rampant with them.

As for the new gear content.. SPOILER ALERT..

I heard it is going to be a recast for rank 8 making it g15 with set bonuses and each class will have 6 pieces now instead of 4. Also there will be a recast for rank 9, getting a 4th stat on the gear. These new recasts will supposedly make nirvana gear look like HH 90. I for one hope this is not the case or at least hope that they will implement a 3rd stage nirvana upgrade for people, like me, who actually like to farm their gear.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Wait what ??? You mean they are actually making it so u have to get rank the old fashion way by earning it ? Oh my if they do that with actual leveling next some people are going to die of shock b:victory
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Wait what ??? You mean they are actually making it so u have to get rank the old fashion way by earning it ? Oh my if they do that with actual leveling next some people are going to die of shock b:victory

Interesting that you say that. I was speaking with a Chinese player and a Philippines player from the PWIC tournament, and they were telling me that on their servers they aren't even able to turn on hypers inside frost. The Philippines player sent me a screenshot showing that you can't. Wouldn't it be interesting if they made it so you couldn't hyper frost here too? No more Goon Glitch, people would actually have to level outside of instances.. MADNESS b:shockedb:shocked
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think PWE is taking a bigger look at how PWI is managing things and are not happy.

This wouldn't be the first time either.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Spitball_ - Dreamweaver
    Spitball_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    WoW... I really fell bad for the staff of PWI. You poeple just complain about everything QQ this QQ that. He is giving us a 24 hour warning and you still find somthing to complain about...QQ could have warned us about...blah blah blah. Serously get off your high horses you ungratefull litte brats. All of you cry babys are making america live up to is reputaion as a spoiled selfish butt of fat *******s. Thanks to all of you litltle wine baggs we dont h ave a PVP arena again and all of use merchants cant +12 or gear. So to all of you ( you know who you are) thank you no good butt of fat *******s
    YOU SIR HAVE FAILED
  • Lunaryl - Heavens Tear
    Lunaryl - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hm awesome. Not that I would've used DQ points to do anything towards my rank 9 gear but this is getting a little stupid. I've had my rank 9 ring and a lot of the gear money for months now but I've been running around in +5 rank 8 gear because we keep getting promises of the release of rank 9 "very soon". I don't want to spend my funds on gear that will be replaced "very soon". Not only is the earthguard class weaked by the lack of gear, but we also miss out on the opportunity for very affordable 11 and 12 orbs. Now we are being limited on how rank 9 gear can be obtained?

I quit if I spent all this time straggling behind the other classes, waiting for my gear and gathering funds to make it if it just becomes even harder for us to obtain. We've gone long enough at a disadvantage, we don't need to be disadvantaged again when it comes to obtaining our gear.

Also, because I'm already raging, the rank 9 for us is already in the game.. China released it what? 2 months ago? I don't see what the issue is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i actually hope this is 1 step towards next week patch for recast rank or eg rank9 but prolly not -.-
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Interesting that you say that. I was speaking with a Chinese player and a Philippines player from the PWIC tournament, and they were telling me that on their servers they aren't even able to turn on hypers inside frost. The Philippines player sent me a screenshot showing that you can't. Wouldn't it be interesting if they made it so you couldn't hyper frost here too? No more Goon Glitch, people would actually have to level outside of instances.. MADNESS b:shockedb:shocked

It would be very lovely indeed. Frost should never have been changed to exp and left as the mat farming instance it was intended to be. Notice how abysmally low the rate is on the warsoul parts from frost using other methods to attain them. Also they don't have pack sales like we do either because gambling isn't allowed there. b:dirty
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ROFL? The way to get those badges and mysterious chips would take so long, u are better off farming for coins rather than DQ. But lol...keep taking away the ability to farm from the game...

This.

I've accumulated over 800k reward points since it was implemented (yes I'm a grinder), and there's no way in hell I'd even remotely come close to getting enough chips for rank 9 had I even bothered using the points to make chips (I just get me some o' them thar free charms).

The wraith badges I can see, as I could've bumped up my rep considerably had I used them, but I have r8 and am complacent enough with that.

The chips, however, I used exclusively to obtain all the gold mats for my full tt99 armor set negating the need to deal with middlemen. Can almost guarantee that's why they're being removed.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    At least this announcement was up front and honest.

The problem is it will just create an even bigger gap in the player base. New players are going to have one hell of a time trying to catch up to people who were able to just buy their rep (and glitch their way to 105, etc). Some may see it as completely unrealistic and unobtainable and just quit out of frustration. It doesn't affect me at all personally, as I already have rank on the characters I care about.

In my opinion they should just leave current rank gears as obtainable as they already are, and just release rank 10. If rank 10 does not exist, well..... it can't be that hard for the devs to create it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nubispotze - Heavens Tear
    Nubispotze - Heavens Tear Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    All i can say is

-19.40% in the Stock market, can make a company change over night b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    Exegesis-103-Psychic--blackballs, blueballs, pinkballs, hairless balls. You got a lotta balls to be applying to Enrage...AND ask for a private denial reason? gg man. gg.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Options
    At least this announcement was up front and honest.

The problem is it will just create an even bigger gap in the player base. New players are going to have one hell of a time trying to catch up to people who were able to just buy their rep (and glitch their way to 105, etc). Some may see it as completely unrealistic and unobtainable and just quit out of frustration. It doesn't affect me at all personally, as I already have rank on the characters I care about.

In my opinion they should just leave current rank gears as obtainable as they already are, and just release rank 10. If rank 10 does not exist, well..... it can't be that hard for the devs to create it.

I agree on that though, I do not have any rank gear myself. I think I bought 100 badges once when they were in special (nothing was good enough to spend 90 silver on), rest is all earned (Barely over 10k now) so to me yeah, rank gear is a unreachable dream. But it should have been more of achievement to everyone else before those were implemented.

Oh well, we are also suppose to get a new DQ item soon (according to a reply I got for Frankie in a post i'm too lazy to search for) and it's suppose to be before then end of the year..Still far of but I wonder what THAT one will be..
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Oh well, we are also suppose to get a new DQ item soon (according to a reply I got for Frankie in a post i'm too lazy to search for) and it's suppose to be before then end of the year..Still far of but I wonder what THAT one will be..

Well, we got a **** colored horse when they removed MoGs...so, perhaps a **** stained horse?
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well, we got a **** colored horse when they removed MoGs...so, perhaps a **** stained horse?

Hey, wait now, you are making this seem so clear...

HAD : Chips/Badges and at one point Medals of Glory in DQ to MAKE Rank gear..

Now, will be all gone, all of it...

COULD BE GETTING : A fabled item "Used to recast Rank gear"

Interessting thought isn't it ?
  • jimbillybob46310
    jimbillybob46310 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just curious but WTF good is an item to recast rank gear if u can no longer get the rank gear to begin with? b:surrender