[Review] some positivly negative criticism on the mystic class.

Barunaa - Heavens Tear
Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Mystic
since everyone is so happy go lucky and pointing out the good of mystic i think i will be a **** and point out the negatives. BUT i want to get one thing out of the way before I type this "review" up. i love mystic. i honestly like this class. however the class is so underwhelming and its potential is honestly not that high compared to the other caster classes. it could be because this class is, and i HATE using the term, a jack of all trades class. jack of all trades is something i honestly do not like in a game like this one because usually they turn out to be useless if the class they are mimicking is present.

for example this class is a pseudo healer class. very useful if u don't have a cleric around. but if a cleric is around then it using this classes healing abilities quickly become redundant. they have pets that can tank and pull. kinda useful if no veno is around. but soon as a veno enters the equation this classes pet role becomes redundant cuz a veno can just pull out a herc. that's why i hate a "jack of all trades" class but i guess that's just me.

anyway like i said before the race is very underwhelming and this is mostly due to skills available to mystics. the mystic skill tree basically works like this.

25% attack skills, 25% healing and support skills, and 50% summon skills. most of the time a mystic will be spamming natures vengeance and thicket. along with their pet skills which is very narrow when you think about it. we don't have a wide array of devastating skills like psychics and wizzards. so our methods of atk is very narrow which makes the class boring honestly.

another thing that really disappoints me about the class is that plants don't have demon/sage effects. in a pvp situation a plant can EASILY be avoided if you know what you're doing or it can just be one hit. in my honest opinion plants NEED level 11 skill books so they can be all around more effective end game.

mystics summons seem to account for a great majority of mystic skills and debuffs. because if this i have 1 simple suggestions to buff mystics. buff ALL of the mystics summons.

one example of summon buffs is to make buffs from items and classes affect devil, mistress, salvation, and cragg. another example is for all of the plant summons to gain sage/demon effects. that's all that really needs to be done.

this buff wont affect venos either because none of the mystic summons (except cragglord) compares to a herc/nix. however i do believe that if a mystic invests a ton of money into their gear then their summons should be equally if not more powerful than a herc/nix. so my 2nd suggestion is to buff the stat increase a summon gets from mystic gear based on refines.

thats all for now. im going to keep it short because i do like the mystic class, but it really needs a buff.
Post edited by Barunaa - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• mryc
    mryc Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I totaly agree with the "Jack of all trades" lable we have been given. I don't think mystics will be tanking physical bosses any time soon, or have 5aps.

I think our pets are stronge enough for what they are. Veno's pets should definatly stay better than ours, as they are punished for it by being weaker.

As for skills, Bramble Tornado is awesome and I can't wait till level 100 as Weeping Breeze Dance and Lucky Break sounds like great skills.

I see us more like Healers/DD than Venos, so only having one good damage skill for the first few levels isn't so bad, as Clerics go through a similar stage. I don't see us as being Clerics though, as even though plants can do similar debuff effects to a clerics buffing (40% less def is similar to 70% more damage ect), you wouldn't be summoning plants on every mob.

Things I find the most trouble-some is the mana drain of keeping my self and pet going doesn't last long, so I often glug potions or meditate. Resurrect is a useful skill, but with a 30second cooldown it can be annoying if your replacing the Cleric in the party, having to cast it on everyone takes 3mins as well as being a massive mana drain.
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    IKnuke - Harshlands Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    We all have our own ways of thinking...
    To be honest im in PWI since beta and i can say: Mystic is the BEST class i ever played and its my favorite so far.
    Also about your PvP Tactic, I think Mystic has so many different tactics you can try and honest with ya, My fav attack skill is my Gale Force <3
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Earthguards failed when they couldn't be 5.0.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Earthguards failed when they couldn't be 5.0.

LOL Yea ok.
    Seekers are the anti-sin class to be honest and they kick some ***.
    Mystics are not suppose to be 5.0... But if you compare it to casting - Im -100% Channeling so i guess we are even here?
  • mryc
    edited September 2011
    Why is not being 5aps mean it's fail b:chuckle I just mentioned that to say we arn't a Jack of all trades, if we can't do everything.

Both Seekers and Mystics are skill spammers, so attack speed wouldn't do anything anyway. If you want to talk about trying to get a Seeker to 5 aps, your in the wrong Topic.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    mryc wrote: »
    Why is not being 5aps mean it's fail b:chuckle I just mentioned that to say we arn't a Jack of all trades, if we can't do everything.

Both Seekers and Mystics are skill spammers, so attack speed wouldn't do anything anyway. If you want to talk about trying to get a Seeker to 5 aps, your in the wrong Topic.

not to go off topic but for a LONG time sins were considered to be skill spammers to. the majority of ppl didnt even think 5APS was possible on a sin (only a small group of ppl including me actually thought otherwise) but when the first 5APS sin poped up all of that changed.

so seekers can probally hit 5 aps at some point. it just depends on what new OP gear will be released in future expansions.

but seriously, mystics need a buff big time right now. if i wanted to heal ppl i would have made a cleric -_- a mystic right now is mainly just a "back up" class for the other races. you dont NEED a mystic for any squad (except to help AoE). otherwise a veno or cleric will do the job nicely and the only time a mystic would be needed is if one of those 2 classes are not pressent in the squad.

i really hate that.
  • DaturaX - Heavens Tear
    DaturaX - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Barunna why do you have so much to say about Mystics skill wise or anything at all...No offense...BUT you're just lvl42. At that level you don't even have access to a chunk of mystic skills. So how can you sit there writing all these things that supposedly Mystics need if you haven't reached its max potential. Ive seen some awesome mystics at higher lvls that in all actuality don't need these "extra" things your ranting on about.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Barunna why do you have so much to say about Mystics skill wise or anything at all...No offense...BUT you're just lvl42. At that level you don't even have access to a chunk of mystic skills. So how can you sit there writing all these things that supposedly Mystics need if you haven't reached its max potential. Ive seen some awesome mystics at higher lvls that in all actuality don't need these "extra" things your ranting on about.

because i did my homework. this game is not that hard to understand. all the pets do basically the same thing. infact the only skills i really dont have that will be USEFUL is cragglord, thicket, vital herb, and bramble. all those skills are self explanatory. bramble pushes back in pvp which if u should know how useful a pushback skill is in a game like this one.

cragglord is another summon. no other explanation is needed other then he is the most powerful summon u can get. vital herb is a healing skill. herp derp, do i REALLY need experience to know what a healing plant does?

ppl need to get out of this mentality that levels mean everything. if you played this game for long enough then the level you are on a alt character means jack squat.

but if you seriously think i should be a higher level to state my opinion then i can always goon to 105 then you would HAVE to take my opinion for what its worth now wouldnt u b:chuckle if u feel that way i can always do that for ya.
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    because i did my homework. this game is not that hard to understand. all the pets do basically the same thing. infact the only skills i really dont have that will be USEFUL is cragglord, thicket, vital herb, and bramble. all those skills are self explanatory. bramble pushes back in pvp which if u should know how useful a pushback skill is in a game like this one.

cragglord is another summon. no other explanation is needed other then he is the most powerful summon u can get. vital herb is a healing skill. herp derp, do i REALLY need experience to know what a healing plant does?

ppl need to get out of this mentality that levels mean everything. if you played this game for long enough then the level you are on a alt character means jack squat.

but if you seriously think i should be a higher level to state my opinion then i can always goon to 105 then you would HAVE to take my opinion for what its worth now wouldnt u b:chuckle if u feel that way i can always do that for ya.

You cant know something only by reading, There is the practical part which u have to be a part of before opening your mouth darling. ;3
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    Kaitica - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You cant know something only by reading, There is the practical part which u have to be a part of before opening your mouth darling. ;3

+1.

I know how to assemble an airplane because I read a picture book with colors and big letters.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011

what practicle part? ive played both a cleric and veno and honestly a mystic plays pretty much the same to those 2 classes. if u played a cleric/veno then you would know that a mystic pretty much plays in the same vain except to a lesser extent.

dont let ur egos blind u to the truth.
    +1.

I know how to assemble an airplane because I read a picture book with colors and big letters.

that logic is extremly stupid. do u know why? because first off this is a video game not a complext airplane. 2ndly there are mystics that have leveld from the 20s all the way to 105 in a matter of a few days and know exactly how to play the class without ever having to do any of the lower lvl stuff.

you ppl give this game way to much credit. its easy as hell to learn. thats exactly what guides are far. a level is only a indicator. the MANY ppl that are 105 from glitching should be more then enough proof to that fact.
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Dear, Im here since beta....
    I have played all 6 basic classes and i played them on private servers i can puke with knowlege about them.
    Mystic is the best class i played so far, I enjoy it much more than Veno and Cleric.
    Mystic is just a mixture of both of them but that doesnt make him any less worthy than them.
    Also im from Harshlands, So PvP matters and the PvP Tactics of a Mystic are much different style than Cleric and Veno.
  • mryc
    edited September 2011
    what practicle part? ive played both a cleric and veno and honestly a mystic plays pretty much the same to those 2 classes. if u played a cleric/veno then you would know that a mystic pretty much plays in the same vain except to a lesser extent.

dont let ur egos blind u to the truth.

From my game play experiance Mystics are more like Wizards with weak pets, don't have sharing buffs or a big % attack like tempest

We arn't like Venos as we can't turn into foxes to double our defence and open a second section of skill list. Also we arn't crippled for having pets like them, by only have 2/3 magic.

We are more like Wizards for 1v1 PvE as we have knockback, which neither Clerics or Venos get. I was playing with a 54 wizard im 55 atm, and we hit about the same but my skills are faster, and with the pet fighting different mobs, I was killing twice as much.

I think Mystics are great and have enough awesomeness for me to keep playing, I wouldn't want them to be too OP or no-one would play other races.
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    I think Mystics are great and have enough awesomeness for me to keep playing, I wouldn't want them to be too OP or no-one would play other races.

Yea i dont like when many people play the same char as me lol.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    From my game play experiance Mystics are more like Wizards with weak pets, don't have sharing buffs or a big % attack like tempest

We arn't like Venos as we can't turn into foxes to double our defence and open a second section of skill list. Also we arn't crippled for having pets like them, by only have 2/3 magic.

We are more like Wizards for 1v1 PvE as we have knockback, which neither Clerics or Venos get. I was playing with a 54 wizard im 55 atm, and we hit about the same but my skills are faster, and with the pet fighting different mobs, I was killing twice as much.

a mystic would never be as OP as a sin nor as hard hitting as a wizzard in rank 9. infact on the OP ladder a wizzard, sin, and psy are way way way above a mystic. mystics do have diffrences from mystics and venos because there not exactly the same. but they have EXTREMLY OBVIOUS similarities. the fact that a mystic is a "jack of all trades" is the reason why mystics dont play exactly like a cleric/veno because a mystic is a mixture of multiple classes.

Dear, Im here since beta....
    I have played all 6 basic classes and i played them on private servers i can puke with knowlege about them.
    Mystic is the best class i played so far, I enjoy it much more than Veno and Cleric.
    Mystic is just a mixture of both of them but that doesnt make him any less worthy than them.
    Also im from Harshlands, So PvP matters and the PvP Tactics of a Mystic are much different style than Cleric and Veno.

im a dude not a dear....

and also so have i. a veno is a mixture of multiple classes but are not as good as the classes its mimicking. thats probally why u like the class more then a veno and cleric because mystics have both worlds in its arsenal (a clerics support ability and the venos ability to control pets)

for me tho i dont like that because it means that a mystic isnt a master at one single thing. its just good at some things. a cleric will allways be better at supporting then a mystic will, a veno will always be better with pets because of herc/nix, a wizzard will always have higher hitting skills, and a psy will always have better debufs/status effects.

what i want is a mystic to deviate away from the "jack of all trades" title and just be excellent in one or 2 deparments and that department should be summons.
  • YokoKurama - Harshlands
    YokoKurama - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    a mystic would never be as OP as a sin nor as hard hitting as a wizzard in rank 9. infact on the OP ladder a wizzard, sin, and psy are way way way above a mystic. mystics do have diffrences from Clerics(edited for you) and venos because there not exactly the same. but they have EXTREMLY OBVIOUS similarities. the fact that a mystic is a "jack of all trades" is the reason why mystics dont play exactly like a cleric/veno because a mystic is a mixture of multiple classes.

(snipped out text)

what i want is a mystic to deviate away from the "jack of all trades" title and just be excellent in one or 2 deparments and that department should be summons.

Pot calling the kettle black, you can't use the phrase Jack of all trades as a defence, then say you don't want to been seen as one.

Saying we are copys of other classes is dumb. By your logic a Cleric and an Archer are the same as they both have Ranged Physical/metal attacks.
    Just because classes have similar sounding skills, doesn't make them the same.

p.s. im mryc by the way, just sorted my pic out so changed my name to my account.
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    I give up on this topic, good day everyone.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Pot calling the kettle black, you can't use the phrase Jack of all trades as a defence, then say you don't want to been seen as one.

Saying we are copys of other classes is dumb. By your logic a Cleric and an Archer are the same as they both have Ranged Physical/metal attacks.
    Just because classes have similar sounding skills, doesn't make them the same.

p.s. im mryc by the way, just sorted my pic out so changed my name to my account.

lol are you serious? you cant be serious right? using that cleric and archer argument is extremly stupid because a cleric and a archer are VASTLY diffrent from each other.

a mystic and cleric dont just have "similiar sounding skills" some of the mystic skills actually mimicks some cleric skills with the only diffrence being the description.

just to prove a point compare these skills to the clerics counter part.

ressurection

falling petals

comforting mist

break in the clouds

vital herb.

and do i honestly need to explain a veno to? theres an entire thread that is stickied that compares mystic skills to other class skills which pretty much proves that mystic IS a jack of all trades.
    edited September 2011
    lol are you serious? you cant be serious right? using that cleric and archer argument is extremly stupid because a cleric and a archer are VASTLY diffrent from each other.

a mystic and cleric dont just have "similiar sounding skills" some of the mystic skills actually mimicks some cleric skills with the only diffrence being the description.

just to prove a point compare these skills to the clerics counter part.

ressurection

falling petals

comforting mist

break in the clouds

vital herb.

and do i honestly need to explain a veno to? theres an entire thread that is stickied that compares mystic skills to other class skills which pretty much proves that mystic IS a jack of all trades.

Ressurection only saves the living, Rivive only saves the dead.

Falling Petals doesn't stack and only activates when hit, is not a very good heal really.

Comforting Mist is much weaker than the Clerics AOE heal, so would hardly be of use when Clerics don't even use their's much.

Break in the Clouds is stronger and faster than Cleric heals, but untill Sage/Demon it costs more mana.

Clerics can't summon plants.

If you really see similarities to Venos besides the fact that we get summons, you really have no clue about Mystics.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Ressurection only saves the living, Rivive only saves the dead.

cast it before the party goes into battle and it still revies the same way a clerics revive does. it serves the same exact function and that is to revive someone that has died. the only diffrence is mystic ress acts as a buff. but the overall purpose of the skill is the exact same as revive.

Falling Petals doesn't stack and only activates when hit, is not a very good heal really.

it may nott be better but it still has the same function. but if u really want to go with this argument then look at vital herb which is a better comparison.

Comforting Mist is much weaker than the Clerics AOE heal, so would hardly be of use when Clerics don't even use their's much.

again it doesnt matter if its weaker or stronger, its the same exact skill with the only diffrence being that its a weaker version. that again goes with the "jack of all trades" title. mystics are not a master of healing, clerics are. instead mystics just try to mimic clerics best they can without being better then them.

Break in the Clouds is stronger and faster than Cleric heals, but untill Sage/Demon it costs more mana.

once again, it doesnt matter. its the same damn skill that fulfills the same exact function. it heals a target in the same way a cleric heals does.

Clerics can't summon plants.

nice way to dodge a argument. no clerics cant summon plants, but that is not the point. the point is the EFFECTS that the plants do.

If you really see similarities to Venos besides the fact that we get summons, you really have no clue about Mystics.

hmm, fox form tree aside? yes i do see similarities. lets take a look.

heal pet. herp derp.

venom scarab vs vengance. the only diffrence between the 2 is that nature is faster casting and slows the target down.

blazing scarab vs swirling mist. the only diffrence is the duration of the 2.

natures grace and clear thoughts. mystic version is better, BUT GUESS WHAT! they both do the same thing and that is recover a certain ammount of MP.

thicket/gale force and parasitic nova. take a guess.

my reponses are in red. you have obviously not played a veno/cleric to realize the similarities and compare each of them.

are they EXACTLY the same? no of course there not. seriously, go look up the definition to "jack of all trades". the class has a little bit of similarities with multiple classes while trying NOT to be better then the classes its mimicking. its not a very hard concept to understand man.

do i also need to compare some of the wizzies skills to mystic skills as well to complete the "jack of all trades" title mystics have?
    edited September 2011
    I have a level 102 Cleric and 84 Veno (no herc but with Nix) in PvE.

If thats how you truely think then I give up explaining it to you.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    I have a level 102 Cleric and 84 Veno (no herc but with Nix) in PvE.

If thats how you truely think then I give up explaining it to you.

the only thing you have "explained" to me is that you have no idea what "jack of all trade" means.b:bye

they mimic various skills from other classes without trying to be better then the classes its mimicking. why is that so hard for some ppl to understand? are are you guys just that blind because you cant see it because its your favorite race and you dont want to admit to it? i think its the latter.
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    IAetius - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    When Psy's first came out they were labeled as the fish version of a wizard.
    When Sin's came out they were labeled as the squishier BM.

It was not until several months later that people began to see the unique difference between the classes.

Anyone who says mystic class is 'like' another class obviously has not played the class enough to know that it is not.

Yea sure veno's can seal/ silence, but can they do it as long as a mystic if that said mystic times their skills? no.

Yea sure Mystic's have pets like a veno but can veno's sacrifice their pets that will give them a free vac that is 9 secs (if sage) and give you super crit, magic attack, magic + phy def, and a super sheild? no

Yes mystic's are casters I guess like a wizzy with no ulti's but can a wizzy stack up several sparks + magic skills and have around +1000% magic attack? no

Yea mystic is like a Cleric but can a cleric just put a healing buff on them self 1 time each minute and not have to stack themselves in tw or pk just to be safe? no.

Yes a mystic is like any other class and any other class is like a mystic but do other classes have:

-an aoe heal that 'stacks' the squad with heals
    -the ability slow down boss chann, attack speed, phy debuff, and magic debuff all at once as an aoe.
    -the ability to slow, and reduce the attack power of foes in an aoe.
    -the ability to have an aoe sleep.
    -the ability to ignore others Def lvls and go through IG and AD with Absorb Soul
    -the ability to knockback our targets.

So before you say Mystic is like any other class look at the facts. Anyone that says a class is like another one is just repeating the same mistake that happened when TB came out and no one wanted to play a Psy because they were 'just like a wizard' and no one found interest in a sin because they were 'just like a bm'.

kk I'm done now. Have fun. b:bye
    TY for my shiney new R9 PWE b:chuckle

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
    edited September 2011
    Ever thought if everyone disagree with you, you might be the one thats wrong?

"cast it before the party goes into battle and it still revies the same way a clerics revive does. it serves the same exact function and that is to revive someone that has died. the only diffrence is mystic ress acts as a buff. but the overall purpose of the skill is the exact same as revive."

It's a different skill, a Cleric doesn't cast revive before the battle, and Good luck casting Resurrect on a player already dead.

"it may nott be better but it still has the same function. but if u really want to go with this argument then look at vital herb which is a better comparison."

It doesn't come close to the function of Ironheart Blessing, the whole point of IHB is that it stacks. No vital herb isn't close either, it heals a heck of alot less, has a fixed area and AOE, also plants don't take mana to cast it's skills so when it's there it keeps going.

"again it doesnt matter if its weaker or stronger, its the same exact skill with the only diffrence being that its a weaker version. that again goes with the "jack of all trades" title. mystics are not a master of healing, clerics are. instead mystics just try to mimic clerics best they can without being better then them."

If you don't like being labled as a "Jack of all Trades" stop using it, Duh.
    Yes this skill would be used in a similar way, I wont disagree with you there, but the way it will be used is called "Hardly Ever".

"once again, it doesnt matter. its the same damn skill that fulfills the same exact function. it heals a target in the same way a cleric heals does."

Wizards and Psychics also have heals that can be shared, and Sin get bloodpaint which can heal melee classes. So just because we have one good heal, doesn't make us a copy, it's pretty darn common, I think the only class that can't heal it's self without potions is an Archer.

"nice way to dodge a argument. no clerics cant summon plants, but that is not the point. the point is the EFFECTS that the plants do."

Vital herb takes 1 spark to cast, and only lasts 20 seconds, no other heal takes 1 spark and heals for 20 seconds, and NO it's not similar to bubble barrier, as BB lowers damage taken by 50% which can save people from being 1 hit K0ed, also you don't get to chose where the herb goes, it has to be cast on an enemy.

"heal pet. herp derp."

Of couse we get a heal for our SUMMONS (not pets) or they wouldn't last more than 2-3 mobs. You forgot to mention the skill venos get to give their pets mana, Oh wait, they don't, Gosh! Could it be that Summon are different to the wide variaty of pets....

"venom scarab vs vengance. the only diffrence between the 2 is that nature is faster casting and slows the target down."

So it's only similar because it's wood? Might want to check back but I already gave you an example of this comparing Clerics and Archers, which you said was;
    So your saying Venos are the same because they both use Wood, try thinking before talking.

"blazing scarab vs swirling mist. the only diffrence is the duration of the 2."

Think you might want to check back with your veno skills, Blazing Scarab is a Poison. Swirling mist does a weak hit, and puts a debuff on them that when they are bellow 60% hp, it adds a poison. So guess what, you've done the same as the one above, only similarity is that it's Wood, other classes have Burns, Bleeds and over time damages.

"natures grace and clear thoughts. mystic version is better, BUT GUESS WHAT! they both do the same thing and that is recover a certain ammount of MP."

Other classes have mana healing skills too, such as Archers, Wizards and Clerics. I have not reached 79 yet to see how effective the Mystics mana heal is, but I do like the sound of it. So untill then I can't disagree with you for comparing it to Natures Grace, as I don't honestly know.

thicket/gale force and parasitic nova. take a guess.
    Done it again, comparing skills just because they are Wood and AOE, lots of classes have AOE you know?

To conclude, stop looking for problems that arn't there, stop calling your self a "Jack of all Trades" if you don't want to be treated like one, lastly just slow down and read, if you don't understand, just ask nicely for an explanation rather than making snappy replys calling the posters liers.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011

i dont know what ur smoking but it was established day 1 that a psy was nothing like a wizzard. the main arguments back then (that still apply today) was that psy could never hit as hard as a wizzard and that there casting time was faster then a wizzards.

all you had to do was look at a psys skills to learn that diffrence. they were nothing alike and they didnt have any similar skills to a wizz. the most notable diffrence being white and black voodoo.

actually there were a few ppl that agreed with me on the first page. not only that but im only criticizing/stating my opinion. is it my fault that ppl get butt hurt when i try to point out the negatives of there favorite class? nope.

also yoko u are missing the point entirely. yes those other classes have healing skills. but out of ALL of them a mystic is the only one that can effectivly act as a "secondary cleric" if the cleric is not pressent. a psy cant do that and blood paint only affects certain classes. and those classes have to be 5.0 with high damage for it to even be a decent healing ability.

if a veno with herc is not pressent and the squad despratly needs a tank then a mystics pet can tank as long as heals are spammed and u have decent gear. mystic will effectivly take on the role of a veno if a veno is not pressent. do u understand now -__- ?

lets repeat shall we? a squad is in desprate need of a healer because the cleric rage quit after she died. who you gonna call? mystic

squad needs a decent puller and a decent tank because entire squad is squishy. there is no veno in the squad but there is a mystic and a mystics summons are exellent at pulling, so who you gonna call? mystic.

a mystics role turns into a clerics role when a cleric is not pressent. a mystics role turns into a venos role when a veno is not pressent. i honestly dont know how many times i have to repeat that for it to sink into ur skull.
    edited September 2011
    also yoko u are missing the point entirely. yes those other classes have healing skills. but out of ALL of them a mystic is the only one that can effectivly act as a "secondary cleric" if the cleric is not pressent. a psy cant do that and blood paint only affects certain classes. and those classes have to be 5.0 with high damage for it to even be a decent healing ability.

if a veno with herc is not pressent and the squad despratly needs a tank then a mystics pet can tank as long as heals are spammed and u have decent gear. mystic will effectivly take on the role of a veno if a veno is not pressent. do u understand now -__- ?

I never said Psychics can use bloodpaint, I said melee classes.

Just because a Mystic can stand in for a Clerics absance doesn't mean Jack (pun on your favourate Phrase). Wizards with good channaling gear have stepped up to that role to, to keep tanks alive.

A Mystic's SUMMON is an awful tank, I'd rather tank my self with Salvation giving me shields, seriously our SUMMONS don't even come close to the defence of veno pets, even the bad ones.

Zeal genies have been around for along time now, you dont need pets/summons to pull.

Im now to bored of your ignorance to continue trying to talk to you, so I'll be explaining it to the wall next, it might understand faster.
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    i dont know what ur smoking but it was established day 1 that a psy was nothing like a wizzard. the main arguments back then (that still apply today) was that psy could never hit as hard as a wizzard and that there casting time was faster then a wizzards.

all you had to do was look at a psys skills to learn that diffrence. they were nothing alike and they didnt have any similar skills to a wizz. the most notable diffrence being white and black voodoo.

actually there were a few ppl that agreed with me on the first page. not only that but im only criticizing/stating my opinion. is it my fault that ppl get butt hurt when i try to point out the negatives of there favorite class? nope.

lets repeat shall we? a squad is in desprate need of a healer because the cleric rage quit after she died. who you gonna call? mystic

squad needs a decent puller and a decent tank because entire squad is squishy. there is no veno in the squad but there is a mystic, so who you gonna call? mystic.

so tell me, what summon that a mystic has have buffs like Herc's do? What pet does mystic have that will not get 2 hit by boss?

I have been in squads that once we are done with me being a solo healer they prefer me over any cleric, so what part of me is a secondary healer? I've done Deltas as a solo healer and people spam me everyday after that and ask me to do it again because I don't make their charms tick. So what part of that is a secondary healer? A secondary healer is one that cannot heal as good as the main one. I have proven myself in squads that I am not a secondary healer, wth have you been doing to not been seen like that?

Secondly are you serious? Were you here when TB first came out? If you want I can get several others to agree with me that at first Psy's were just considered wizzies with fins lol. The first sin on Dreamweaver was Ri$en and he's the one that proved that Sin's were an awesome class. It took about 2 months for people to realize this. The first actual decent psy on the sever was AznBloodV which she did not come until months later. Once she was around people started to really respect Psy's and what they could do. That is just my server and that is how long it took for people to realize.

So again, let me repeat for you if I may. I am not a secondary healer. Anyone who takes my mystic on bh100 or Delta or FC will not consider me a secondary healer. Just because there isn't enough of us out there to spread the word that we 'are' on an entire league of our on doesn't mean we can't do this. :)

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have been in squads that once we are done with me being a solo healer they prefer me over any cleric, so what part of me is a secondary healer? A secondary healer is one that cannot heal as good as the main one. I have proven myself in squads that I am not a secondary healer, wth have you been doing to not been seen like that?

This also applies to me even at level 91, I have joined many squads as a solo healer and everyone is perfectly fine with me, people prefer me in their squads instead of clerics because every cleric seems to be a plvled frooblet! Quite frankly I find being called a secondary healer offensive. Obviously iAetius he/she/it has not being going a lot on their mystic since it is only 42, this review is just awful, its like eating half a tub of ice cream then complaining to the shop that you're not happy...

Secondly are you serious? Were you here when TB first came out? If you want I can get several others to agree with me that at first Psy's were just considered wizzies with fins lol.

I actually did think this at the time, I often said they were weaker than wizards and carried on leveling my wizard to 100... oh how wrong I was!

Just because there isn't enough of us out there to spread the word that we 'are' on an entire league of our on doesn't mean we can't do this. :)

<3

My reply is in Lime :) move to HT and marry me please? Lets make little flower babies b:dirty

Oh and congratz on this terrible review OP, my hat goes off to you!
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    My reply is in Lime :) move to HT and marry me please? Lets make little flower babies b:dirty

Oh and congratz on this terrible review OP, my hat goes off to you!

rofl! b:laugh

Little flower babies xD

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    I never said Psychics can use bloodpaint, I said melee classes.

Just because a Mystic can stand in for a Clerics absance doesn't mean Jack (pun on your favourate Phrase). Wizards with good channaling gear have stepped up to that role to, to keep tanks alive.

A Mystic's SUMMON is an awful tank, I'd rather tank my self with Salvation giving me shields, seriously our SUMMONS don't even come close to the defence of veno pets, even the bad ones.

Zeal genies have been around for along time now, you dont need pets/summons to pull.

Im now to bored of your ignorance to continue trying to talk to you, so I'll be explaining it to the wall next, it might understand faster.

a summon is actually a pretty good tank if you have good gear. if you have awful gear then ya, they will be awful tanks. thats how summons work. there atk/defenses are based off of your gear. ill try to dig up that post where this mystic posted her lvl 100 pet stats being better then a magmites a few months ago since you seem to be ignorant to your own races capabilities. the only pets a mystic summons dont really compare to with top notch gear is herc and nix. so if your pet is actually bad at tanking then dont blame the summon, blame your awful gear.b:bye

here is the definition straight from wiki since you seem to not be understanding anything.
    "Jack of all trades, master of none" is a figure of speech used in reference to a person that is competent with many skills but is not necessarily outstanding in any particular one.

so tell me, what summon that a mystic has have buffs like Herc's do? What pet does mystic have that will not get 2 hit by boss?
    i am gonna be a smart *** and say cragglordb:bye

I have been in squads that once we are done with me being a solo healer they prefer me over any cleric, so what part of me is a secondary healer? I've done Deltas as a solo healer and people spam me everyday after that and ask me to do it again because I don't make their charms tick. So what part of that is a secondary healer? A secondary healer is one that cannot heal as good as the main one. I have proven myself in squads that I am not a secondary healer, wth have you been doing to not been seen like that?

that has to do with them having bad experiences with bad clerics that dont know how to use there class. it has nothing to do with the race. the clerics they had must have simply been bad because i can tell you right now that if a cleric does her/his job RIGHT then a mystic will never be better then a cleric. if you think so then dreamweaver must have some sucky as **** clerics.
    Secondly are you serious? Were you here when TB first came out? If you want I can get several others to agree with me that at first Psy's were just considered wizzies with fins lol. The first sin on Dreamweaver was Ri$en and he's the one that proved that Sin's were an awesome class. It took about 2 months for people to realize this. The first actual decent psy on the sever was AznBloodV which she did not come until months later. Once she was around people started to really respect Psy's and what they could do. That is just my server and that is how long it took for people to realize.

and i can pull up threads that proves otherwise. whats your point? infact i can probally dig up one of the first few threads that had the "psy vs wizzard" debate when TBs first came out because i was apart of it. hell theres a thread RIGHT NOW with that debate going on in the psy forums on the first page. even if a psy was similar to a wizzard that wouldnt make him a jack of all trades. that would make him a wizzard clone. seriously ppl need to understand what the title means ffs.

So again, let me repeat for you if I may. I am not a secondary healer. Anyone who takes my mystic on bh100 or Delta or FC will not consider me a secondary healer. Just because there isn't enough of us out there to spread the word that we 'are' on an entire league of our on doesn't mean we can't do this. :)

thats cool that you get taken on bh 100/delta because the clerics on your server suck, but that doesnt change the fact that mystics role is a secondary healer class. they heal just fine without a cleric, i never said they didnt. BUT a cleric is BETTER at the job then a mystic is if the cleric knows what they are doing. and ive seen some AMAZING clerics on my server to know that. so that is what makes mystics secondary.

try going over to the cleric forum and spew the nonsense you are trying to spew about mystics being better healers then a cleric.