Account name/password wrong message? Read this!

Options

Comments

• Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Customer Service has been responding to people the entire time. We use the forum to reach people that CS has not been able to reach yet. If I can resolve people's issues before a GM even gets to their tickets, then I consider that a good thing.

We're all just trying to help.

Players shouldn't have to take the extra step to get access to play this game. It wasn't their fault, so why should they send tickets? Just like the "filter" issue like last 2x, eh? 100% the exact same situation, just different highlighted problem.

If PWE got their act together, these types of issues wouldn't happen. It took almost two months to get the filter issue fixed, which I could do in under five minutes. The compensation was merely a common untradable mount and 50 non-tradable event gold in the overpriced event boutique (which I can get each week from Tiger event).

Same for this, for sure. The support is non-existent. Sorry, but making a thread about the issue a week after shows communication and resolution by the company you work for? Lol, not in a million years.

I'd love to do this "user/pass" change to every employee of PWE's bank accounts. Would be the most epic "security measure" in the history of "security", lol. Maybe then Frankie and his team of "intelligent" employee's will understand why the players of this game hate PWE, the management of the game, and Wanmei.
  • XREvEaNGErx - Harshlands
    XREvEaNGErx - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thx pwi i finally got my account back... missed lots of 2x...b:surrender
  • Lyrond - Heavens Tear
    Lyrond - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ty GMs for bringing my account back to life b:laughb:pleasedb:laugh
  • douknowjello
    douknowjello Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ok I'm reading through here and saw it state that the only email problems were with people who couldn't access their own email. My husbands account was fine yesterday and not today.

He has FULL access to his email, which happens to be yahoo. He never received any original email about the pw change. I've tried about 20x now to do the pw reset and its not sending us ANY email. Not sure what the person meant about manually doing it if you can't log in here in the first place. So.....what are we supposed to do? Put in a ticket?
  • kjstorage
    kjstorage Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I have finally regained my account thank you after almost a week of trying to elicit a response from the absurdly named "Customer Service Department" and getting no contact whatsoever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankieraye
    Customer Service has been responding to people the entire time. We use the forum to reach people that CS has not been able to reach yet. If I can resolve people's issues before a GM even gets to their tickets, then I consider that a good thing.

We're all just trying to help.

I submitted my ticket within 5 hours of the reset. It showed open for 5 days and only late day changed to "in progress"

This flies in the face of the statement that they were responding. What I dislike more than lack of response is being blatantly lied to.

The forum was set up nearly a week after the mess ensued. Frankie.. as for getting to issues before tickets even go in... you were nowhere to be found on the forums for at least 4 days.. how does that even remotely address issues before they get ot tickets??

A GM you say?? A GM??

I have neither seen one in three years nor ever been contacted by one, despite using every means of requesting available.

Its high time you published a list of GM's

names, hours of duty, servers concerned, quantities available.

Cut the cowardice and list the people responsible for dealing with issues, provide a fail safe means of contacting them, and state a guaranteed response time.

All of these things are things that any reputable company would do and many of them do just that.

Forum names and pseudonyms are great to hide behind.

List responsible personnel and their contact details.

Its the right thing to do.
  • douknowjello
    douknowjello Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ok so looks like this problem started days ago.....but my husband just now today can't log in and he was on last night. Did they seriously start another round of resets with this problem unresolved?
  • \//eyron - Heavens Tear36
    \//eyron - Heavens Tear36 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm not sure I've answered everything correctly... How am I suposed to remember that **** anyways b:surrender
  • partyanimal
    partyanimal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So your telling us that you cared so much about our accounts but not telling us that you didn't give a **** that it was 2x event and a new sale on things ppl axtually need this week and a ton of people can't access their account including me :( WTH. Some kind of notice would have been a sign of respect and appreciated. I buy zen and now I can't but the stuff I need that's on sake now. I also recently join a new faction in the hopes to show them I'll be active and now that's shot to hell. I'm glad they understand just how messed up this game can get. Ok so now I've sent customer service an email asking for an email change so now what just sit and read the response email telling me I have a ticket which I can't even go and check because I'm locked out. For 3 years I've had the same password without any problems but just now you decide to change it without my consent. I people didn't decide to want to change their passwords then that should be their own fault if something were to happen to their stuff on their accounts. It should not be up to anyone in the company to decide to mess with anyone's accounts. Whoever gave the command to change peoples passwords in by any other name a hacker. You've made it so people can't have access to stuff they have most likely paid real hard earned money to have. All I can say is don't make this anymore ofa pain in the *** that it already is and make it worth our while to put things right. I'm losing millions in coin revenue from playing and I'm also missing the sale of needed items from the boutique and the chance to level up during the event. NICE TIMING :(((((
  • \//eyron - Heavens Tear37
    \//eyron - Heavens Tear37 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Are they still working on this? I've waited 12hours now, after I answered the questions, which I can't even remember half of b:angry
  • partyanimal
    edited September 2011
    Options
    \//eyron what was the process after you sent the email and got a ticket entered? Did they send you an email asking you to verify all the **** 99% of all ppl who made accounts don't remember? It would be so nice if someone would some back on here and explain what the process was or is so that we have some idea of what to expect. It doesn't help us to just be told do this and that but not know what the steps are so we know where we are in the process.
  • \//eyron - Heavens Tear37
    \//eyron - Heavens Tear37 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You're not gonna verify anything. They'll ask account related questions for you to answer, by mail once again. b:surrender
  • partyanimal
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You would think with the crazy amount of money people have spent in this game buying gold it would a an easy thing to just have some ppl on stand by for jst such a **** up as this one. Why have a live chat when there is nobody to answer the needs of the people who really need it.
  • _Redemption_ - Sanctuary
    _Redemption_ - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I just managed to recover my old email account that I registered with my PWI account. I didnt see any email from PWI on it so I proceed to use this link https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid so PWI could send me my reset password link but I didnt recieve any email in 30 minutes.... And I did check the junk folder etc but I got nothing, any gm can reply with an idea?
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I just managed to recover my old email account that I registered with my PWI account. I didnt see any email from PWI on it so I proceed to use this link https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid so PWI could send me my reset password link but I didnt recieve any email in 30 minutes.... And I did check the junk folder etc but I got nothing, any gm can reply with an idea?

Email us at customerservice@perfectworldinc.com with the subject "Email Change Request".

If you do still have access to your original PWE-registered email, then the process of resetting your password should be easy.
  • chibisuke9
    chibisuke9 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    2. Leave the accounts alone, and risk many players having their accounts compromised.

Is that a "We got **** and we're afraid of telling so, but we couldn't leave the accounts vulnerable"?
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Email us at customerservice@perfectworldinc.com with the subject "Email Change Request".

If you do still have access to your original PWE-registered email, then the process of resetting your password should be easy.

ok I jsut tried using this linkt o send you an email and it says there is some kind of error. I can't figure out how to fix it, does this means my only choice is to call to your department in California?
  • partyanimal
    edited September 2011
    Options
    frankieraye Can you please help me. I'm getting so frustrated about all of this damn ****. I feel so violated at this point. I got the email asking for all my info to be verified but some of the info I can't remember after just getting back to playing after being away for most of a year. It also says to respond to these questions at the support site but how can I do that if i can't even access the account at all. I'm using a second account to even be able to leave messages on this forum. If I can't answer some of the questions like what is my secret question and answer is that going to slow the process or will it be taken into consideration that this was not my fault all of this happened in the first place. The whole idea of a secret question is for me to be asked the question and me to give the proper answer not for me to give both the question and answer. An after 3 years and not playing for 1 of them how does anyone expect you to remember the question anyways I mean come on. I can't even answer to the questions using this account b/c it says I'm not authourised to see the ticket. Nvm I see i can use the slow method of sending it all to the support email *sighs*
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ok frankie I just managed to communicate with custumersupport via email. They have ask me for more detailed information and they asked me to answer their questions via My Support? How am I supposed to do that if my account is locked? I cant also reply to that email, what should I do?
  • partyanimal
    edited September 2011
    Options
    @ _Redemption_ no your right you can't respond to the email. I had the same thing just happen to me and I had to make a whole new email with the answers to the questions in it and send it to the customer service email address that you sent the first one to. Hope that helps. Ohhh you might get what i got too which is another email saying they got yours.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    @ _Redemption_ no your right you can't respond to the email. I had the same thing just happen to me and I had to make a whole new email with the answers to the questions in it and send it to the customer service email address that you sent the first one to. Hope that helps. Ohhh you might get what i got too which is another email saying they got yours.

Thank you I just did that I hope everything turns out well.
  • Sanna - Momaganon
    Sanna - Momaganon Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    PWI stole my account again. Second time in a week

Lucky enough i managed to get it back using forgot id.

Please PWI stop stealing my account. It is making me feel very unsafe that you do this over and over and each time without even notifying me in email.

Would love to talk to you in some way so we can clear your mistakes up
    edited September 2011
    Options
    How long does it take after you email them back with all their questions answered for you to get a reply? I dont want another full weekend having my account locked.

Please frankie look into it b:worried
  • partyanimal
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I wonder how these people would feel having their bank account froze or to lose their car keys just as they were going out to do something important. For some of us we have put money into our accounts and not to be able to use that gold for damn near a week is just getting to old it really is. PWI finally has a decent sale on and we can't get in on it and right in the middle of the sweet 2x event this **** happens and they take their time fixing it. We rush to get the information back to them so that should show how badly we would like all this mess cleared up. Somehow I'm thinking the compensation for all of this won't come anywhere near the millions and millions of coin we are losing or the many levels we are not getting because of lost time during the event. What this whole thing not thought out at all. Did they not think with the thousands of tickets they get each day doing this wouldn't add thousands more to the mix. I mean come on guys how would you all feel having you bank account froze. Knowing the money is there but not being able to access it. I also just became a full member of a faction who has TW this weekend and I can't attend it so WTH is taking so long. Since none of this was our fault and it was somethig done by the company itself why not make these fixes a priority hmmmmm not so much to ask.
  • Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary
    Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Finally got my account back, Thank you, but I must say I am still VERY disappointed at the way this matter was taken and the poor custumer service :/
  • Darion_X - Raging Tide
    Darion_X - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    well, seems like ive been able to get on my account on the pw website, but pw the game, still cant get on b:irritated, i resetted the password, used to forgotid/pw ****, this stuff is pissing me off
  • partyanimal
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So its the weekend and the GMs will most likely go home for the weekend like they did last weekend even though they all knew this **** was bound to happen and ignored it until they felt like having a heart and doing some work. With all the problems with this game and now one of the biggest messes in PWI history you would think they might have some compassion for the ppl who spend money on this game to provide them with a job and stay a bit late and fix what they messed up. Please have a heart and work as fast as you can. It took you less than a day to respond to my initial ticket and not its just over a full day now and no response. Why the extra wait. I mean how long does really take to look up someones account, verify the info and change an email address. I mean really how long, like a few mins or maybe 1/2 an hour but you keep ppl waiting for days. WHY can't someone come on here and tell me why PLEASE like a GM or someone who really has an answer.
  • Darion_X - Raging Tide
    Darion_X - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    posted a ticket, wont be getting that till monday
    anyone know how to fix it or anything?
  • partyanimal
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Nope sounds like you've done all you can do for now, Sorry I'm still waiting for them to change my email address to a different one that I have access too so I can change my password at all
  • wolfy4ria
    wolfy4ria Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well, still unresolved. The GM message I just read said some players would not be able to play or access their accounts over the holiday weekend. That's my first issue. I DID play over the weekend. My second issue in what Frankie said was that I received NO PASSWORD EMAIL. He says emails were sent to all registered emails of affected users.....I have searched ALL of my inbox and spam emails received in the last MONTH! Nothing...unless you count the "thank you" emails regarding the REAL LIFE MONEY I have spent on this game. Wasted money? That is yet to be seen. I'D LIKE MY ACCOUNT BACK! Please? Pretty please? I don't like having to log to an alt account just to access this forum!
  • wolfy4ria
    wolfy4ria Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Guess what? I still have access to my registered email for my main account. I use that email account every day. And resetting my password is NOT EASY because The "forgot ID" process isn't sending me a reset email! GMs, any idea on this?