Account name/password wrong message? Read this!

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
If you are having trouble logging in and you are receiving the error message "Incorrect account name or password" please do not be alarmed.

Some accounts have had their password reset by our system for security purposes.

Please check your account's registered email for the password information.

When you create your new password, please create a brand new one - do not simply revert to the old one.

If you did not receive the password information email from us, please try using this "Forgot ID" link to retrieve your information: https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid

If you no longer have access to your account's registered email address, then first please try to recover this information from your email provider. If you are unable to do so, please email us at customerservice@perfectworldinc.com with the subject "Email Change Request". Once you verify your account information we will change your email for you so that you can proceed with the password change.

Thank you for your patience and support!
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If you are having trouble logging in and you are receiving the error message "Incorrect account name or password" please do not be alarmed.

Some accounts have had their password reset by our system for security purposes.

Please check your accounts registered email for the password information.

When you create your new password, please create a brand new one - do not simply revert to the old one.

If you did not receive the password information email from us, please submit a ticket by emailing us at customerservice@perfectworldinc.com or http://support.perfectworld.com/.

If you no longer have access to your account's registered email address, then first please try to recover this information from your email provider. If you are unable to do so, please email us at customerservice@perfectworldinc.com with the subject "Email Change Request". Once you verify your account information we will change your email for you so that you can proceed with the password change.

Thank you for your patience and support!

Lol? To little too late Frankie. Did you're company forget 2x drops/exp was on?

/repeat of last 2x event.

Perfect World Entertainment blows. Can we move PWI to a new company yet?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Just a head's up, the problem I had with this is that the changed password was *not* sent out to my registered email.

I had to go here and manually reset the password again
    https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid

Make sure you are using the email address of your locked account and not one of your catshop accounts. Try to find an old email from PWE to be sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    LOL was there something wrong with the other GMs thread? Anyway....

Should we change our passwords if we are receiving the message "change your passwords blah blah blah" on our login screen to preempt suddenly being locked out of our accounts?

Is there a way to do it without submitting a ticket?

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • frankieraye
    edited September 2011
    Just a head's up, the problem I had with this is that the changed password was *not* sent out to my registered email.

I had to go here and manually reset the password again
    https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid

Make sure you are using the email address of your locked account and not one of your catshop accounts. Try to find an old email from PWE to be sure.

Thanks Asterelle, I'll add this to the post.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011

Should we change our passwords if we are receiving the message "change your passwords blah blah blah" on our login screen to preempt suddenly being locked out of our accounts?

The other thread had degenerated into a lot of angry posts (rightfully so), and it was hard to find the necessary information amongst the mess.
  • jack0607991
    jack0607991 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    the reply i got from the email was that i couldn't reply to the email b:laugh PRO

~removed~

that's the reply email i received after replying to the email at
    If you are having issues logging into Support please direct your emails to customerservice@perfectworldinc.com. linkb:shocked
  • frankieraye
    edited September 2011

That "Change your password often" message at the character select screen appears for everyone - it's not directed at people who are high-risk or anything like that.

However, it's always a good idea to reset your password regularly, so I would suggest that you go ahead and do it now.
  • \//eyron - Heavens Tear35
    \//eyron - Heavens Tear35 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Lets hope this is gonna work b:shocked
  • kondors
    kondors Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You are missing the issue entirely Frankie.. or ignoring it... can't tell which atm.

The problem here is not so much the ruthless and incompetent way in which passwords were reset immediately prior to people walking away from the update for 5 days with no support.

No, that isnt the issue.. what is the issue is that tickets are undealt with after days and days, people are advised to log into their accounts to raise tickets and queries and unless they are in the lucky position of having more than one account, they are unable to do so.
    The issue is a "live chat" that has NO live represetatives to respond to people, a system that tells me my tickets are invalid whilst I am looking at the support centre acknowledging the tickets as being open.
    The issue is with being placed in live chat call queue that no one picks up on at pwi and then the system kicks you out after 30 minutes.. ensuring without doubt that you can never progress to the top of the queue.

The issue isnt the ridiculous error committed in resetting passwords without customers knowledge or consent.

It IS that there is NO provision for people to engage in any kind of dialogue with the so called customer service department to resolve their grievances.

The Company has done everything it can to create the illusion of provision of service, whilst simultaneously ensuring that none of its employees ever has to talk to a single customer.

I see nothing here either that addresses compensation, apology for lack of response, steps taken to ensure this debacle is not repeated.

In short there is no remorse, no corrective action, no attempt to make customer service accessible.

So please... focus on the issues.. not the ones you THINK are causing people grief.
  • frankieraye
    edited September 2011
    the reply i got from the email was that i couldn't reply to the email b:laugh PRO

Dear Valued Customer,

As a friendly reminder please do not respond to this email address as
    all responses are blocked. Please login to Support.Perfectworld.com
    and use the "My Support" option to reply back or by following the link
    located on the ticket.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
    PWE Support
    Support.Perfectworld.com

If you are having issues logging into Support please direct your emails to customerservice@perfectworldinc.com. linkb:shocked

I'll admit, the wording and message within that email is kind of unclear.

All it's saying is to that the only way to reply to the GM response is by either clicking the link on it or by logging in and using the "My Support" option.

It is not saying that your email has been blocked or anything like that. Don't worry, your email went through.
  • BlubZ - Heavens Tear
    BlubZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    That "Change your password often" message at the character select screen appears for everyone - it's not directed at people who are high-risk or anything like that.

However, it's always a good idea to reset your password regularly, so I would suggest that you go ahead and do it now.

sure its a good idea to change or reset password but for me it wasnt my accounts all stuffs are on friends account and her pw got reseted and yet u ppl are not helping her anyways and tadaa thats where my game ended tho i havent played for ages but was going to start again but blah =)
  • jack0607991
    edited September 2011

~removed~

hate to have to quote myself, but why do you keep removing that? its what the tech support sent, and has nothing personal in it. how can others compare and or agree to receiving the same problems?
    edited September 2011

All it's saying is to that the only way to reply to the GM response is by either clicking the link on it or by logging in and using the "My Support" option.

It is not saying that your email has been blocked or anything like that. Don't worry, your email went through.

Questions: Why did this happen with hardly any notice? And upto a weekend + holiday?

I've lost quite alot of farming due to this, anything gonna be done about that? b:sad
  • jack0607991
    edited September 2011

thx for the update Frankie b:victory ill start trolling my email for awhile now b:chuckle
  • XxLaNeeXx - Heavens Tear
    XxLaNeeXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    this is the biggest mess yet for pwi, ppls locked out of their account and thats called updated sercurity, no thats jus has bad as being ****. I know several ppls that loaded their account to take advantage of the anni sales and was jus waiting for 2x guess what their still lock out of their account not a good thing. when is having things forced on you sercurity.b:questionb:questionb:question
  • kondors
    edited September 2011
    Since you have posted immediately after my last post, it is abundantly clear now that it is indeed a question of ignoring the real issues.
  • godfathor
    godfathor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    kondors wrote: »
    You are missing the issue entirely Frankie.. or ignoring it... can't tell which atm.

The problem here is not so much the ruthless and incompetent way in which passwords were reset immediately prior to people walking away from the update for 5 days with no support.

No, that isnt the issue.. what is the issue is that tickets are undealt with after days and days, people are advised to log into their accounts to raise tickets and queries and unless they are in the lucky position of having more than one account, they are unable to do so.
    The issue is a "live chat" that has NO live represetatives to respond to people, a system that tells me my tickets are invalid whilst I am looking at the support centre acknowledging the tickets as being open.
    The issue is with being placed in live chat call queue that no one picks up on at pwi and then the system kicks you out after 30 minutes.. ensuring without doubt that you can never progress to the top of the queue.

The issue isnt the ridiculous error committed in resetting passwords without customers knowledge or consent.

It IS that there is NO provision for people to engage in any kind of dialogue with the so called customer service department to resolve their grievances.

The Company has done everything it can to create the illusion of provision of service, whilst simultaneously ensuring that none of its employees ever has to talk to a single customer.

I see nothing here either that addresses compensation, apology for lack of response, steps taken to ensure this debacle is not repeated.

In short there is no remorse, no corrective action, no attempt to make customer service accessible.

So please... focus on the issues.. not the ones you THINK are causing people grief.

As Well. I have 12 accounts on this game. Thats a lot of money. Now you flacks have reset passwords on my top account and yahoo is having mail issue the same day. Also the issue is i was never able to change my e-mail in my account. If i logged in you made me remember my security phrase. Some i got some i don't. I don't get it. You make it difficult to audit my account. Then you change my password without consent. Who was the idiot who thought that up. My account has been fine for 3 years. Now pwi is making me take my money elsewhere. The only reason i stayed was i put money into those accounts. Now i can't get into them.. so why stay. Who was the idiot who thought up this PR boondoggle. PRIUS, TERRA, ROHAN you got a lot of comp.

3 years.. all safe.. today PWI kills my account.. you flockers.
  • _Redemption_ - Sanctuary
    _Redemption_ - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Errr... not sure the email was sent, it said it had some kind of error I dont know about -sigh- there are hiccups everywhere. Why cant I just get a response and work it out through my tickets?

So frustrated really, just give me back my account.b:worried
  • frankieraye
    edited September 2011

I agree with you that this was not handled as well as it could have been, but the timing of it all was pretty terrible. The fact is that a judgement call had to be made. There were two choices:

1. Reset passwords and ensure that peoples' accounts were safe, but be unable to handle the huge influx of tickets due to the holiday weekend, meaning that these players would possibly miss out on being able to play during the weekend.

2. Leave the accounts alone, and risk many players having their accounts compromised.

We went with option #1, and remember, password emails were sent to all PWE registered email accounts - the main people who are having trouble are those who are unable to access those email accounts.

But yeah, the timing of the holiday weekend meant that we were unable to handle the huge influx of tickets as quickly as we would have liked to, and I apologize for that. I also apologize for the lack of GM response in the last thread - I was away for the weekend myself, far away from any computer connection. I made this new thread in hopes that it will turn out differently. I'm here for you now.

We can talk about compensation when the full scope of the issue is seen. Customer Service is currently working on all of your tickets, and we have a full crew working on it. They will get to your tickets as quickly as they can.
  • kondors
    edited September 2011
    Fact is.. for various (often different) issues, people are unable to follow the instructions to correct the problems caused by PWI.

The vast majority of these issues are probably very easily resolved by the customers being able to enter dialogue with a customer service rep.

But no... time and time again we see posted to customers on here.. "YOU should do this...YOU should cvontact this address...YOU should submit this type of ticket...YOU should jump through this hoop or that"

STOP!! you are merely delaying the process.. people have already registered their issues, complaints, and difficulties, and whilst I admit some of them may not have been overly clear about the problem they are getting... the FACT is they have notified you of a problem.

So here is the resolution.. stop telling people what they must do to correct the incompetent service departments lack of response, and how about the customer service department SHOULD respond to people and enter dialogue to resolve the problems this company has created.

Less telling people what they need to do, more telling customer service to contact ppl via the method they notified you with.

Incidentally , taking this to a new thread where there are only 20 something posts so that the company looks better having not resolved the 300+ plus posts on the original thread...

Really??... to make it look like less of a problem?? ... grow up, grow a set, fix this and stop sweeping it under the carpet.
  • frankieraye
    edited September 2011
    Fact is.. for various (often different) issues, people are unable to follow the instructions to correct the problems caused by PWI.

The vast majority of these issues are probably very easily resolved by the customers being able to enter dialogue with a customer service rep.

But no... time and time again we see posted to customers on here.. "YOU should do this...YOU should cvontact this address...YOU should submit this type of ticket...YOU should jump through this hoop or that"

STOP!! you are merely delaying the process.. people have already registered their issues, complaints, and difficulties, and whilst I admit some of them may not have been overly clear about the problem they are getting... the FACT is they have notified you of a problem.

So here is the resolution.. stop telling people what they must do to correct the incompetent service departments lack of response, and how about the customer service department SHOULD respond to people and enter dialogue to resolve the problems this company has created.

Less telling people what they need to do, more telling customer service to contact ppl via the method they notified you with.

Incidentally , taking this to a new thread where there are only 20 something posts so that the company looks better having not resolved the 300+ plus posts on the original thread...

Really??... to make it look like less of a problem?? ... grow up, grow a set, fix this and stop sweeping it under the carpet.

Not sweeping it under the rug - I just don't want players who are just now having the issue to have to wade through 30 pages before getting any help.

The thread is right there for all to see.
  • frankieraye
    edited September 2011

Customer Service has been responding to people the entire time. We use the forum to reach people that CS has not been able to reach yet. If I can resolve people's issues before a GM even gets to their tickets, then I consider that a good thing.

We're all just trying to help.
    edited September 2011
    1. Reset passwords and ensure that peoples' accounts were safe, but be unable to handle the huge influx of tickets due to the holiday weekend, meaning that these players would possibly miss out on being able to play during the weekend.

If you knew this might've happened, then why not call in people to clear things up? Since you had to go, someone else could've taken over and finished it.

Edit: Btw I just saw Franky double posting b:avoid Kritty use your awesome powers b:chuckle
  • Cacilie - Heavens Tear
    Cacilie - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I agree with you that this was not handled as well as it could have been, but the timing of it all was pretty terrible. The fact is that a judgement call had to be made. There were two choices:

2. Leave the accounts alone, and risk many players having their accounts compromised.

We went with option #1, and remember, password emails were sent to all PWE registered email accounts - the main people who are having trouble are those who are unable to access those email accounts.

But yeah, the timing of the holiday weekend meant that we were unable to handle the huge influx of tickets as quickly as we would have liked to, and I apologize for that. I also apologize for the lack of GM response in the last thread - I was away for the weekend myself, far away from any computer connection. I made this new thread in hopes that it will turn out differently. I'm here for you know.

We can talk about compensation when the full scope of the issue is seen. Customer Service is currently working on all of your tickets, and we have a full crew working on it. They will get to your tickets as quickly as they can.

You say it isn't handled as well as it could have been, but I haven't seen any handling. Kondors has been raging well since after the holiday weekend, and this has lost him out on millions of money in nirvana on his account.

I would highly appreciate a thread adressing all the speculation too, I've heard of many reasons for the resets, and pwi has had a increase in accounts made, increasing the "population size" recently. I really hope this is just speculation.

I feel more and more like I've been roped into this game to play it, wait till your level 90+ to give you issues so your commited to gearing up your character and then once you have the gear, or the commitment due to many various reasons the more and more you see how unsatisfying the customer service is.

also question, why would ALL GMs have the weekend off on a service provided 24/7?
  • kondors
    edited September 2011
    Quick question too... my problem like many people's problem centres around an email account for the account which became inactive.

Why on earth can I not register multiple pwi accounts to my ONE active email address.. why make me create an email address specifiacally for each pwi account??

Maybe I am missing something here but had that been allowed from the start, then a large proportion of these problems would not be incurred.
  • Cacilie - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    If you knew this might've happened, then why not call in people to clear things up? Since you had to go, someone else could've taken over and finished it.

Very well said, a service 24/7 needs customer service at hand 24/7. Or at least when you can FORSEE a problem.
  • Cacilie - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Why on earth can I not register multiple pwi accounts to my ONE active email address.. why make me create an email address specifiacally for each pwi account??

If you guys are going to let us multiclient now I also see no harm in registering more than one account to an email address. As long as we consent to it in the email and whatnot (i understand the new system would take a while for pwi to set up but still) it shouldn't cause issues. b:cute
    edited September 2011
    If you guys are going to let us multiclient now I also see no harm in registering more than one account to an email address. As long as we consent to it in the email and whatnot (i understand the new system would take a while for pwi to set up but still) it shouldn't cause issues. b:cute

Please no, I'd have to go through this again b:surrender
  • kondors
    edited September 2011
    As for office hours and US holidays... the name of the game is Perfect World INTERNATIONAL.. a large chunk of the customer bas does not live in ca.

You make an international server set, offer events which exclude a huge chunk of the international community due to working to one time zone only, when you could easily provide events at several points in a day with customers limited to entering the events once per 24 hour period.

Now as if that were not conceited, arrogant and inconsiderate enough.. there is no customer service during business hours for the rest of the world.

Cant think for a moment why people would resent that lack of consideration.

Think about it... the world extends beyond the end of your trailer park!!!!
  • jack0607991
    edited September 2011
    I actually got a serious issue with the GM's and tech support. I have submitted tickets every time my email address has changed, GM's have come into the game and "ported" me to them, asked me all the reasonable questions, 1 may have showed off some amazing GM power (i enjoyed the show), and i was left to believe that my email had been updated.

When i went to reset zaves account password i thought nothing of the email not being accurate because i did take the time to update my information, after trying my older emails i discovered that zave's account was still linked to a very old email, that i cant access.

If the GM's would have done their job properly when i submitted the email change ticket I would never have ended up Trolling the forums for 6 days, I did say some really harsh things last night, but that's only because of the lack of support I received personally!

And you still haven't answered the single most asked question! Why were only CERTAIN accounts reset?

BTW I'm back to Trolling the forums.......still no emailb:cry