Reset Lvls. 105s-103s back to at least 102.

Options
runican
runican Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
The experience from the dragon glitch has been fixed. That was the right thing to do. Thank you PWE. Something else that needs to be done now is to reset the levels on characters that have obviously abused the glitch back to a reasonable level that is obtainable without it. Doing this would make leveling more satisfactory for everybody, especially in the eyes of the honest players who have not abused this glitch. Not resetting the levels would be a wrong move. It shows every player that they can get away exploiting a glitch or anything against the TOS rules with little or no consequent at all. The short couple day ban is not enough for the people who have been reported. These people will continue to have an edge over honest players from abusing the glitch. Levels do matter. Immediate permanent ban would be harsh but show PWE means what they say. That leaves us with what I think is a minimal and it needs to be done now. Reset the higher levels that have leveled when the glitch went public back to something that is reasonable to obtain. Bump this thread if you agree!
Post edited by runican on

Comments

• Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    sorry thats not enought.

some ppl have leveld chars from 1 all the way to 105 with this glitch. resseting it to "at least 102" still means that they have gotten 102 levels from doing this.

the best course of action is to reset 100% (ONE HUNDRED PERCENT) of the levels gained from this glitch. so that means if u leveld from 100 all the way to 105 u will be reset back to level 100. if u leveld from level 1 all the way to 105 or w/e level then u get reset back to level 1. its only fair and it is the best course of action given the situation.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It is possible that they don't track xp gain to that level of detail.

the simplest, and fairest, thing to do is simply to ban everyone who is 102 or higher.
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    A rollback would be a good thing IF:

1) There was a documented log of those who did legitimately hit 103+. But there isn't.

2) It wouldn't **** off those who did get those levels, glitching or not.

3) There was a way to do it without ****ing up everyone else's levels. Read: it's complicated.

What would even the playing ground a bit between those who are capped and those who aren't is an increase of exp to legit ways in leveling. For example, a cube of fate exp increase for 100+. As it stands, someone would have to do cube 267 times to level from 101-102. Crazy stone ain't worth doing beyond level 81 to justify its price, and same with WQ. An exp increase in at the very least dailies (or zhennable mobs in heaven/hell) would at least let the rest of the game catch up. Not a HUGE exp increase, but enough for even those like me who hate cube with a dying passion but wants to hit 102, will actually do.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

the simplest, and fairest, thing to do is simply to ban everyone who is 102 or higher.

well IF they do that then it would HAVE to be a permanent ban. a temp ban would be useless because after the ban lifts they will still be 105. so it has to be permanent for it to be meaningful. and this was a serious bug abuse/glitch so i think a perm would be justified if they go that route.

if they dont go the perm ban route then the only other solution is ressetting 100% of the levels gained from this glitch.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Trololololol

You do know there are actually people that lvled to 105 without this glitch right?
    Let's ban all those people that spend a LOT of hard work on getting theyr lvls

Sins can easely get lvl 103 without dragoon glitch, 105 simply takes a few months of work
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sure. Both of the people who got to that level legitimately can use the ticket system and get it cleared up.
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    are you stupid peoples? its obviously not gonna happen. and if you dont have a proof that all players 102+lvl used this glitch you cant go with acusations. maybe they just grind days and nights to reach that level.
  • runican
    runican Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    are you stupid peoples? its obviously not gonna happen. and if you dont have a proof that all players 102+lvl used this glitch you cant go with acusations. maybe they just grind days and nights to reach that level.

Before the glitch there was only one player who was able to get to 105. Now there are...
    103, 104 and 105 are no question. 102 is debatable.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Reset lvls. 2-105 back to level 1. Its the only fair thing to do. Since random accusation's seem like grounds to reset or banned then I accuse EVERYONE of frost glitching, even kritty and frankie.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Before the glitch there was 5 105's I think, or was it 4? all i remember was there was 3 or 4 sins and a wizzard at 105, either way, the GM's have to revert some levels back somehow as it would be absolutely insane not to, whilst showing that once again, PWE do not care about there player base, aslong as these high level glitchers are still tossing money towards PWE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sure. Both of the people who got to that level legitimately can use the ticket system and get it cleared up.

But why the hell should they go through PWE's ticketing system (which is touch and go 95% of the time, so they probably won't get it cleared up for a month if at all) just because some others decided to glitch?

I still stand by my solution. The damage is done, and if you don't want to **** off a good chunk of the population, then just make it so the rest of us can catch up in a way that won't be instantaneous, but won't take us 10 years to get either. Besides, if they do just up the exp in some stuff, the 105's that glitched are gonna kick themselves in the head for just not playing the game a little longer. b:chuckle

If you think it won't cause a rage, must I remind you of Modpocalyspe 2010?
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Before the glitch there was 5 105's I think, or was it 4? all i remember was there was 3 or 4 sins and a wizzard at 105, either way, the GM's have to revert some levels back somehow as it would be absolutely insane not to, whilst showing that once again, PWE do not care about there player base, aslong as these high level glitchers are still tossing money towards PWE.

You frost glitched to 92 baddy mc frosterson.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    runican wrote: »
    Before the glitch there was only one player who was able to get to 105. Now there are...
    No, there wasn't only 1. The number of people was very low, but it was more than 1.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    some ppl have leveld chars from 1 all the way to 105 with this glitch.

That's bull ****.

Proof or you're talking out of your ***...
    nobody is making 105 chars from lvl 1 for the Lolz
  • Selenica - Sanctuary
    Selenica - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

You realize those who have possibly been 102 for months before this glitch would be gone too right?

Don't assume everyone got past 100 using the glitch.
    Breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee^^
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The simplest and fairest thing to do is to make everyone level 105!
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You realize those who have possibly been 102 for months before this glitch would be gone too right?

This.

I've grinded my way to 102. No hypers and no fc. Atm i'm sitting at 83%. I would rage quit the game if i was rolled back to 100.b:angry
    edited September 2011
    Options

You frost glitched to 54 baddy mc frosterson.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
  • Kevinluv - Lost City
    Kevinluv - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

+1b:victory
    Kev In Luv ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................with ur girlfrand.
    b:cute
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Not really fair is it ? Since alot of us got to 102 due to hard work/length of time playing the game.
    I've never hypered on this toon let alone glitched goonz b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options

I wouldn't mind this.

On topic, I would think they would have a log on everyone's character and could see if you were doing wierd things like:

-Player used skill on Dragoon x50
    -Player moved to coords xxx, xxx
    -Player used Item
    -Player used skill on Dragoon x85

Then they could look at people who killed an unusual amount of Dragoons, and figure out who has been Goon Glitchin' b:laugh
  • Selenica - Sanctuary
    Selenica - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You frost glitched to 54 baddy mc frosterson.

You did a combination of hyper grinding, oracling, mobs/boss/head buying in conjunction with the glitch(doing those 1hr offers) with some crazy stone, WQ and PQ (with seeker) on the side to get 102. How dare youz. Just. How dare youz.
    Breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee^^
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Every Earthguard that is 104+ shouldn't be punished, because that level is easily achievable with the Dragoon glitch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind this.

On topic, I would think they would have a log on everyone's character and could see if you were doing wierd things like:

-Player used skill on Dragoon x50
    -Player used Item
    -Player used skill on Dragoon x85

Then they could look at people who killed an unusual amount of Dragoons, and figure out who has been Goon Glitchin' b:laugh

You frost glitched to mod status baddy mc frosterson.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

no. that wouldn't be fair to all the people who worked hard to goon to 105.
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Obviously the fair thing to do is make a 100+ FF instance like the PV variations.. that pretty much triples the XP you get.
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Bigger issue I have with those that abused the **** out of this glitch...

With the exp gain, and excess spirit, imagine the genies they could level??? I have heard Tron and his wife (HT) have a combined like 1.5 billion spirit for him to try to get his 100/100 genie...
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Obviously the fair thing to do is make a 100+ FF instance like the PV variations.. that pretty much triples the XP you get.

Obviously the fair thing to do is to sell xp packs with 97% chance to give user 200k xp, 2.9% chance to give 5mil xp, and 0.1% chance to give 50mil xp.
    Bigger issue I have with those that abused the **** out of this glitch...

With the exp gain, and excess spirit, imagine the genies they could level??? I have heard Tron and his wife (HT) have a combined like 1.5 billion spirit for him to try to get his 100/100 genie...

lol wut. it would cost on average 50billion coins in mirages alone to get 100/100 genie.
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Obviously the fair thing to do is to sell xp packs with 97% chance to give user 200k xp, 2.9% chance to give 5mil xp, and 0.1% chance to give 50mil xp.

Nope. You keep the regular packs and make exp exchangeable with tokens. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Creaver - Heavens Tear
    Creaver - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i don't think anything is going to happen from this. wile they might be able to ban the 1-104 in a matter of days chars being it would stick out like a sore thumb they glitched there way there. but older chars it would be very hard to tell if they got that high legit or used the bug.