Allowable: Changing to the Old UI (aka The new UI. Vs the old.)

13»

Comments

• Dellores - Dreamweaver
    Dellores - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    This....this is great!! :O

Is it possible this could be added as a proper function later on? b:beg
  • Cyrenaciea - Raging Tide
    Cyrenaciea - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sorry for the Necro (Then again, this is a sticky) but how do I edit the ini file? I'd love to use the old skin, but I really can't find the ini file to edit it. Thanks in advance for dealing with my computer noobness.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    \Perfect World\element\userdata\systemsettings.ini

Make a backup copy and use Notepad to edit the file.
  • ShadowIH - Dreamweaver
    ShadowIH - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This edit is all right, only because it resolves the issue of people being unable to see certain buttons in the login / character creation menu.

My original response was here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12339961&postcount=13

And anyone can use it.

Edit:
    TheyreGreeat - Lost City - you can be banned because of your post and this will be according TOS.
  • fooglebuffer
    fooglebuffer Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Is anyone else finding the old UI unusable since this new update? In the faction page, I can't see commissioner positions anymore (which is fine by me). The biggest problem is that I can't see the class type of most of the people in the faction. It seems to randomly select the ones that it shows. I'm not sure what else is wrong, but I'll get back to you on that...
  • X_Dorian_x - Sanctuary
    X_Dorian_x - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Is anyone else finding the old UI unusable since this new update? In the faction page, I can't see commissioner positions anymore (which is fine by me). The biggest problem is that I can't see the class type of most of the people in the faction. It seems to randomly select the ones that it shows. I'm not sure what else is wrong, but I'll get back to you on that...

I came here looking for any info on this as well. Mine is the same now - in the faction list, "Commissioner" is missing and only Wiz, Arch, Cleric, Psy, Seeker and Mystic are listed for the classes - the others are left blank.

2u44uts.png
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, because it's not officially maintained it has gone to hell.

Still, I use it because I really cannot stand the spacing and size of the new UI.

Would be nice to have it fully supported again :(
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • kayfold
    kayfold Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I came here looking for any info on this as well. Mine is the same now - in the faction list, "Commissioner" is missing and only Wiz, Arch, Cleric, Psy, Seeker and Mystic are listed for the classes - the others are left blank.

2u44uts.png
    Has anyone found a solution to this yet? b:sad
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It isnt a cheat, it doesnt affect gameplay, only the graphics on my end. And it makes it so much more playable.

The .ini editing that people get banned for is character template editing, and even that is not bannable (I copy pasted my Clerics main features to my Wizard (No feathers or illegal hair)) so long as you dont use anything that that class / gender cannot have. I.E Having **** of 255 Size or Tideborn hairstyles on Human Characters. IT affects other peoples gameplay, because other people can see.

Seriously, if I got banned for that id be damn surprised. Stop trying to look like some do-gooder, your just being an ***.

so can u post a screenie of how it looks? my laptop's 3 years old now and im pretty laggy in areas like Raging Tide or Tellus City
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • TR_James - Heavens Tear
    TR_James - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was just wondering, is there a way to use the first UI? (The one back in 2009) I started playing PWI near the end of the Lost Empire expansion (a couple of weeks before the Age of Spirits was released) and I like that UI. But I only wanted to use it every now and then for nostalgia....^^; But I don't know if it's possible to use it....
    My characters:
    TR_James - Blademaster - Lv49
    Xurui - Psychic - Lv34
    RebornRose - Wizard - Lv20
    Tsukurimi - Assassin - Lv29
    Server: Heaven's Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sisterreaper - Heavens Tear
    Sisterreaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks guys this thread helped a lot. The only thing that is still driving me insane is the fact that those white dots on my venos lips are still there
  • Forcas - Lost City
    Forcas - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Isn't Bearclaw leader of SuperGMs faction?

I bet he's head honcho. :o

BearClaw is also the ONLY gm I ever see log into my server anymore too. He's the only one I've seen in like 2 years to casually log in. fyi :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]