Account name/password wrong message? Read this!

Comments

• goreaver
    goreaver Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    dunno know why they like to have something go down in flames rather then warn us then go home **** us all weekend then be like oops. guess theirs no point in dwelling on it we all get the 3 day weekend pwi or another game you play locked out.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Seem they found a database leak and want to save it as quick as possible...
    Look other mmo that has meet database leak, they also force reset / change password without early announcement.

Trouble is coming to the house... b:sin
    Let see how patient & diligent are this all gold spammer / hacker.. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • goreaver
    edited September 2011
    yea somethings up they got real antsy bought my isp and its dymaic ips then the next day pass reset.
  • Sanna - Momaganon
    Sanna - Momaganon Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This is horrible. I dont understand how they can do this. I didnt get any email and sounds like many others didnt as well. I just feel like a lot of people will lose their account forever because of this. And if i understand the risk of losing their account is why they "helped" people with this. I think this is the new definition of backwards thinking.

I already got two automatic emails as answer but no real person. They better have a ton of people sitting their ready to deal with this. More likely they dont have anyone though.

pwi really messed up this time. It will be interesting to see how they deal with it. I think they got a chance to show their true colors now. They have made a ton of people disappointed over the years but maybe now they will show they do care about the members.
  • pwixab
    pwixab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    < not my main account but... my main got "poo'd on"

So no email from pwi to reset on my current email, no biggy i'll wait; 20min later,nothing except 2 auto reply msg that leads to support.

checks 2nd email i may have used for it... dont remember pw, don't remember pw security question..., guess, guess, guess some more, "your email account has been temporarily locked for 12 hrs, cya in 12 hrs.."

lol

what to do now .____________.

Missed the event today, better not miss tw tommorow & weekend.. b:angry
  • goreaver
    edited September 2011
    i don't think anyone is going to lose there accounts. as i said they day before this i had to have it unbanned due to setting off the ip anti ****. so the email and stuff still works but it seems when the bot reset are passwords makes no sense being i just reset them a week ago. its also broke the auto email on password reset.
  • Tough_Bytch - Sanctuary
    Tough_Bytch - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    well this is just **** gr8. i cant log onto my main. cant log into my pw account. cant check on my tickets. i never asked for my password to b changed. i also advised pw last year about my new email address and of course they didnt do anything about it. my old email address has long since gone. i changed internet providers and have no clue as to what my old email address was. guess they r gonna say thats my fault. im suppose to be TWing this weekend on my main, now i cant. Thnx pwi. now fix this problem in a hurry. this is yr fault not ours. b:angry
    edited September 2011
    well if this bullshiit isnt fixed and soon, looks like i will b saving a hell of a lot of money. PWI wont b getn it lol
  • xiyao
    xiyao Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    my acct is from sept 08
    i have same email acct
    i tried to reset the password and was put in a never ending loop
    no response to 3 attempts to change the password other than auto response that wont get me where i need to be
    please have this fixed by tomarro morning i want to get my purple fox
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    okay what the hell! I dont know my info for my other account FREAKING JUST GOT A PANGU ON HER AND TT100 FISTS 5.0 APS

THIS IS JUST WRONG! GIVE OUR PASSES BACK!
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • damo00
    damo00 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Oh boy nice one, My main's acc is one hit with pass change & old email no longer exists due to company bought out by multi media one.....
    So what to do......Fix it please asap

b:angryb:angryb:angry

after 6 hours of trying to fix give up, sent email from active address, you broke you fix please

SO UNIMPRESSED
  • ReddHawt - Archosaur
    ReddHawt - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    hahaha this is the new pwi anni gift for us!!! sorry had to lol about this or ill rage badly. My main account is having the same issues as all of you. what really sux is 2x starts tomorrow and we cant even start farming nirvana thx to WE CANT LOG IN!! my main is a sin and wiz and they both need raps and cannies so will take all the 2x to farm them. and tbh i dont expect them to have this fixed anytime soon. This account has beed waiting for blessing fixes for ages now lmao. Wanted to stop the leak, thats great and all but, how about giving us our accounts back now that you stopped it? b:surrender I wanna play (and get "been playing to long" rewards)
  • Ray - Momaganon
    Ray - Momaganon Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What about those people that can't go TW because of this?...

Really, this only happens in PWI, no other game has this kind of bs, this is beyond stupidity... They do this right when a TW weekend and 2x event. If at least they would fix it, but it doesn't work for anyone

/clap
    /clap

good job pwi... you ***** up this time really badly
    Always man up. -> /watch?v=pvaN27TgJUc
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    For heaven's sake, thank you for the heart attack. I don't need this as soon as I get up. b:shocked
  • wtflolomgbbq
    wtflolomgbbq Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    b:cry Is this gonna be fixed i wanna play my BM i have been playing for 3 yrs QQ and its 2x i don't wanna play on a new account
    edited September 2011
    omg when r u guys gonna fix this. it has taken me all these years to my cleric to 104, she has rank 9 and now u go and stop us playing. do u guys even care about the ppl who play this game ?? seems u dont. coz we still cant log our mains in. and for yr information noone has logged my account in except me. i was on my main this morning - no probs - then all of a sudden, i couldnt access my pwi account. then i got booted from server and BANG could no longer sign into game. U guys had better get off yr butts and fix this. I have spent a lot of money on this game. if my main account is not fixed and i lose it. then u can stick the game where the sun dont shine. ie. right up yr ***
  • BlubZ - Heavens Tear
    BlubZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i didnt had that problem but my problem is that my all stuffs are on friends account and her pass got reseted aswell and she dun have any clue abt email..ofc its my own fault cuz i lend stuffs nao i can just cry in da corner :D
  • star2011star
    star2011star Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I get an email stating my account had suspisious activity? like hell it did.... you just randomly reset the passwords on your own. I ought to sue PWI.......
  • RosangeIa - Heavens Tear
    RosangeIa - Heavens Tear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Heard about this from a guildie, who couldn't log onto her alt's account. I had no idea it was a widespread problem! :(

None of my accounts were affected thankfully... I actually got really antsy when I saw all of those spammers trying to scam people "$3 = something coin in-game" so I changed my passwords into really complex makes-no-sense alpha/numericals.

I think it'd be wise to take advice never to use the same password for everything you use, that's doubly as bad as losing one account to a ****, it could then spread to anything else you also have an account on.

As to PWE:
    I think it'd be very wise in the future to warn people you're about to do something this drastic, so that folks could recover their lost or terminated e-mails... I can't even remember all of my e-mails lol. I had to write down what I used for my two PW accounts or I'd forget. Especially my main account that I've had on PW for three years now. :/

I am curious why this didn't affect all users though? It seems strange that it didn't if it was a game wide thing implemented to save people from potential hacking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here since October 2008 ;)

Check out my Art Corner:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1212861
  • dkjasfdajsfasr
    dkjasfdajsfasr Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    hOW YOU WANT ME TO SIGN ON SITE IF I CANT LOG IN ? :O
  • dkjasfdajsfasr
    edited September 2011
    TY PWI for this awesome annyversary!!
    next year you gonna do this to all palayers?
    b:shutup
  • dkjasfdajsfasr
    edited September 2011
    players* b:chuckle
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yet again we can see that PWI doesn`t give a damn about people, nor care to even warn players that this "procedure" will be administered on I guess random accounts? What now if people cannot use their old emails, cannot retrieve a new pass?
  • _MANDI_ - Harshlands
    _MANDI_ - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    please cant log in my char ik him old pass email but not email pas cant remeber that why i cant reset couse i cant remeber my emial pasword but i know my answer security please help me to get my main back pm me in my alt PKBEST please b:cryb:surrender
  • Elendirah - Sanctuary
    Elendirah - Sanctuary Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    In case you didn't see it, they made some changes a few hours ago in your account management
    -> https://register.perfectworld.com/account
    You can now change your Email, with the current Email being displayed
    -> https://register.perfectworld.com/account/change_email
    and to change the password you don't need the secret question anymore
    -> https://register.perfectworld.com/account/change_password
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eufrine - Heavens Tear
    Eufrine - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    every email i got from pwi blocked like spams so maybe others can find the emails at spams too, it worth a try to check it, maybe u got an email, just didnt see it
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well, seeing this message had eased my mind somewhat.

When I tried to log into the forum / game earlier it said my username / password was incorrect.

I started to fear the worst.

Did anti virus and anti spyware scans before resetting the password and submitted a ticket.

Only after i'd done the above that I saw this message.

If PWE are going to start resetting passwords automatically after a certain amount of time (i.e. password expiry date), would appreciate it if they would let us know beforehand that this will happen if you don't change it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • caleviel
    caleviel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If you want to change your email adress it will send a verification mail to your old email adress. What if your old emailadress was blocked by the provider coz it was sending spam??? This way you will never be able to get acces to your account ever.....b:angry
  • OpSy - Harshlands
    OpSy - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    my little brother had 6 years when he made his acc 2 years ago, and now he dont remember his Email, he remember the security answer but not the email,

is there any way to get his acc back ( little brother sad b:sad )

if i submit a tiket from my acc you think it can work ?
  • xiyao
    xiyao Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    In case you didn't see it, they made some changes a few hours ago in your account management
    -> https://register.perfectworld.com/account
    You can now change your Email, with the current Email being displayed
    -> https://register.perfectworld.com/account/change_email
    and to change the password you don't need the secret question anymore
    -> https://register.perfectworld.com/account/change_password

thanks for the links but as you can see those only work for ppl that can LOG IN TO THEIR FREAKIN ACCTS

and btw how come no gm comments we just get a forum administrator telling us to remain calm

no official announcement no gm statement just BOHICA bend over here it comes again pwi style
    b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
This discussion has been closed.