Account name/password wrong message? Read this!

crabclaw
crabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
If you are having trouble logging in and you are receiving the error message "Incorrect account name or password" please do not be alarmed. Some accounts have had their password reset by our system for security purposes. Please check your accounts registered email for the password information.

If you did not receive the password information email from us, please submit a ticket by emailing us at customerservice@perfectworldinc.com or http://support.perfectworld.com/.

We continue to strive for your account safety and security. Thank you for your patience and support!
Post edited by crabclaw on

Comments

• wickeddeath
    wickeddeath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I sent a email about my account and got the dumbest reply in it this is what it says

To respond to this ticket or check the status please do the following:

Go to: https://support.perfectworld.com/link/portal/15049/15058/Ticket/280045

How are we suppose to check or update when we are locked out
    and besides i really wanna know why i have been playing here since OB and never got any rewards or mounts
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    what if people that forgot their email passwords from a long time ago. this is not good :o
  • Atrocious - Heavens Tear
    Atrocious - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    what if people that forgot their email passwords from a long time ago. this is not good :o

LIKE ME!!!!

Seriously. This. Is. So. Bad.

Fix please <3
    My cleric's account had this happen. I need it changed back ->now<-. I don't remember what the e-mail was or what the e-mails old pass was probably, it was 3 frikkin years ago.

Please. Fix. This.
    Veteran PWIer.
    Trolled by PWI for 5* years and counting.
    You have gained the status: Immune to trolls.
  • Calindil - Heavens Tear
    Calindil - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    y'know I thought it was kinda weird that I couldn't log in. it's that awkward moment where you're stressing out and wondering if you somehow forgot your password or if you're inexplicably typing it wrong. but thanks for the info, password reset and all sorted now
  • crabclaw
    crabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    LIKE ME!!!!

Seriously. This. Is. So. Bad.

Fix please <3
    My cleric's account had this happen. I need it changed back ->now<-. I don't remember what the e-mail was or what the e-mails old pass was probably, it was 3 frikkin years ago.

Please. Fix. This.

You can contact support through the links provided in the first post. You'll get sorted out if you happen to not have access to or can't remember your original registration email address.
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited September 2011

I don't remember what the e-mail was or what the e-mails old pass was probably, it was 3 frikkin years ago.

Please. Fix. This.

That part's your fault.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • thfranky5
    thfranky5 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    DAMMIT Please Help !!! The Email i used for my other account has been terminated !! Please Help PWI Send Me The email for my other Account on my new e-mail !!!! Please this really sucks !!! send me a reply for my other account Username and email address QQ i had to make this account to write this message please help me =(
    crabclaw wrote: »
    If you are having trouble logging in and you are receiving the error message "Incorrect account name or password" please do not be alarmed. Some accounts have had their password reset by our system for security purposes. Please check your accounts registered email for the password information.

If you did not receive the password information email from us, please submit a ticket by emailing us at customerservice@perfectworldinc.com or http://support.perfectworld.com/.

We continue to strive for your account safety and security. Thank you for your patience and support!

Says i am not authorized to look at the ticket so i cant even do anything plus i cnat log in to my account to write in forums to let you guys know what account just got ****** b:cry
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If our passwords weren't done this way, and we can login to our accounts but are receiving the system message should we be worried we are going to get locked out of our accounts and preemptively fix this. Also, this is kinda bs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This measure will only cause panic and terror. The hacking problem is troubling but I foresee great mayhem and confusion with this measure, especially from those who are not regular forum goers.
    I think it would be wise to cease this.

Really.
  • wickeddeath
    wickeddeath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Atleast some of you got a response i was the first person to post here and my questions got skipped
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm still trying to get access to my account again. b:surrender
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Force pass reset mean incoming trouble ?

Database leak ? b:surprised [possibility]
    Gold spammer invasion ? b:surprised [yes]
    Many **** report ? b:surprised [possibility]
    Fatal glitch or bug ? b:surprised [yes]

Trouble is coming to the house.... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
    edited September 2011
    Yup, trouble ahead indeed.

PW staff, you are seriously overestimating the quality of your service if you think you can make a feature like this work.

Stop this ***-hattery and avert disaster! Before it's too late D:
  • endlesspsy
    endlesspsy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    game over
  • goreaver
    goreaver Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    same problem i hope the admins are still in the office. and this sent me into a panic being my twitter was **** a few weeks ago and i reset all my passwords then. i did get banned because my isp has dynamic ips and it set off the i was using proxy's thing but a simple email and that was fixed i assume that triggered the auto reset but what it didn't do was send me the email and refuses to email me any sort of reset.

hey i have no problem with expiring passwords and anti **** but please make sure the system at least sends out the email informing the user whats going on this is twice now it has not for me.
    edited September 2011
    This is honestly making me facepalm harder than I did while watching the Lucy Black videos.
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ok seriously, what the hell was the point of this? i freaked the hell out when i couldn't log in and i reset my password, i never check the damn forum and i never received a damn email, also i reset my password that i use for every-freakin-thing so now i have to remember more than one, i say compensation!
  • goreaver
    edited September 2011
    at least you could reset yours. im locked out of my account until a gm gets around to sending me the reset manually.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The condition match with other cases...
    Usually this will be followed by sky rocketing prices.... b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • _Redemption_ - Sanctuary
    _Redemption_ - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    My account is 3 years old veteran I have completely or almost completely forgot the original email and password for this account, I need another way to fix this issue asap. WTF GMs... -_-
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Stop this ***-hattery and avert disaster! Before it's too late D:

That never happens here. It pretty much always takes a disaster for something that shouldn't have been broken in the first place to get fixed.
  • goreaver
    edited September 2011
    yea 3 years to i was like yay puple fox mount sorry you cant login so a insta go into reset everything mode heck if i didn't find this post i would have formatted my box. thats not how you go abought informing us there was going to be a new feature with the passwords. it should been on the site like a week ago telling us to reset are stuff or the bot will do it for us.
    edited September 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    That never happens here. It pretty much always takes a disaster for something that shouldn't have been broken in the first place to get fixed.

Indeed :<

I wonder how many pages this thread will hit by the end of tonight
  • luxanimo
    luxanimo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Are you serious? I've been sitting here for two hours, freaking out because I can't log onto my account. I'm sitting there, slowly retyping my password for 10 minutes, dreading and PMing my character to make sure I'm not getting ****. And this is really what happened? You have GOT to be kidding me.

Not to mention I've sent numerous e-mails requesting to reset my password, and I've double checked my e-mail multiple times, and yet I still haven't gotten an single one. This is getting hella ridiculous. Come on, give me a patch that works for once.

Oh, and I'd also like my password reset e-mail, as well.
  • Shadowroot - Lost City
    Shadowroot - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I just help a friend with the same problem for almost 2 hours as well but we finally got it to work, at first we thought he got **** and was making sure all means necessary to try and get back on the game. Long story short, go to Password Recovery page on the pwi site and reset your passwords. you will receive a reset password link in your registered email. Once you click on the link and reset your passwords, you'd able to log back in game and the site!
  • goreaver
    edited September 2011
    most of us are net getting the email to get the link.
  • really00
    really00 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ya there's no way to get into my old email i've used for this game 3 yrs ago so how the hell am i supposed to get the damn info now good job on causing more problems
  • goreaver
    edited September 2011
    my emails fine i can get messages but its not sending it to me. now this account i just made it sent it right away. frigging strange.
  • Anelyn - Sanctuary
    Anelyn - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Uggh you guys suck. No email was sent to me at all and yes I still have that email address.

Thanks for making it impossible for me to login. I tried filing a change of password since I still no the security question and even though it said my password change was successful I still can't login.

Very lousy thing you did.
  • NickiIIer - Heavens Tear
    NickiIIer - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Don't you think you should at the very least, inform us in advance?! You guys just change our password WITHOUT even letting us know...?!?!?! Some of us spent some good money and can you imagine how freaking freak out when we have no idea what was wrong...

b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
This discussion has been closed.